Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat (5632 Views)

Lawan, Akume Lead Anti-saraki Senators Out Of Plenary In Protest / There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume / I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by aljharem3: 4:05am On Jun 09, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Who is justifying anything. Abi you dey vex?

Why are you on Tinubu's ballz? Or are you just joining the soon-to-be-broken-down bandwagon going on on NL? Why is it that during and after the election is when you people decided to order a bandwagon and started hating on Tinubu? Did his show of politic strength scare you?

Where does his revenue go? Let me tell you something, you know that airline he recently started, it could feed almost 8000, even more, of those almijiris begging on the street.

The point of starting those companies is for the owner to make his own revenue and for ordinary citizens such as yourself to get a job.

We've agreed that Tinubu is a thief. Se o ti pari? Is that it?

You're even lucky he's not "saving" his money in Switzerland or Dubai like so many of the other thieves.

i no dey vex oooo my sister.

i hope SW know what they are doing, this tinubu madness is funny and i really want to see how it would play out

good luck SW

thank ileke idi for the explaination

(this people sha go get reason) grin

BABE!:

I'll be glad to help, if you don't mind. smiley If you mind, don't bother reading any further.

"No matter how the reign of a king is (good or bad), the/his people will not forget him for generations to come."
"Good name is better than riches."

thanks babe wink
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Desola(f): 4:08am On Jun 09, 2011
alh harem,

BABE has done a marvelous job at translating my french to you.

On a final note as per Tinubu, I would let you know that his transgressions have not gone unnoticed but what the Yorubas are doing now is "e je ka le eyele lo na, ki a to bo a f'abo fadie"
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Nobody: 4:09am On Jun 09, 2011
alj_harem:

i no dey vex oooo my sister.

i hope SW know what they are doing, this tinubu madness is funny and i really want to see how it would play out

good luck SW

thank ileke idi for the explaination

(this people sha go get reason) grin

thanks babe wink

No, you're the one that has reasons that's already been trampled.

If you have more  reason(s), run it by my way. Always here to help you, no problem.

The SW did not start any killing chaos over the speaker position they did not want to begin with, so trust me, the SW knows what she's doing. Just be  more patient and less frightful.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by aljharem3: 4:13am On Jun 09, 2011
Desola:

alh harem,

BABE has done a marvelous job at translating my french to you.

On a final note as per Tinubu, I would let you know that his transgressions have not gone unnoticed but what the Yorubas are doing now is "e je ka le eyele lo na, ki a to bo a f'abo fadie"

ok

so when we go meet na

uche.nana@yaho.co.uk

Ileke-IdI:

No, you're the one that has reasons that's already been trampled.

If you have more  reason(s), run it by my way. Always here to help you, no problem.

The SW did not start any killing chaos over the speaker position they did not want to begin with, so trust me, the SW knows what she's doing. Just be  more patient and less frightful.

ok ileke idi, i would take ur words for it
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Obiagu1(m): 4:39am On Jun 09, 2011
What I like about you guys is the spin and the feel good attitude.

You can try spin yourself out of a disaster but won't change your circumstance.

I'll repeat, it's easier for the ACN to take root in the South than in the North so the choice of Akume is a blunder.
By 2015, we'll see how many positions ACN get in the NC region.

Politics 101.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by oyewolejos(m): 7:12am On Jun 09, 2011
See how Yoruba Ladies are representing.
If they are even talking about Politics in Nigeria, South Easterners should Shut the FUCCK UP. You guys were used and dumped by the same man u called Azik. Ordinary Secretary to the Govt is what your punkk ass got. Secretary Ko, Treasurer ni

Yoruba Swag#
Like it or Hate it, Bourdillon in Ikoyi is the Political Headquarters of the Yoruba People
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by enyojo(f): 9:07am On Jun 09, 2011
ACN is a Patient but Forsighted Party
For me, I think based on the impact recorded by Akume for ACN in a very short time of joining ACN, then it is very appropriate to give him the Minority leader.
Those clamouring for Ganiyu Solomon should go and sit down!!
For God's sake, I voted in Alimosho and I know how it took Tinubu's support for him to win. Ganiyu Solomon is a Political featherweight on his own, But Akume of Benue is a Political heavyweight in his own right.
What point will ACN score if they give solomon? Remember that PDP is considering giving either Ekweremadu's sit OR Majority Leader seat to YORUBA. So fixing a Ganiyu on the Minority Seat may be sacrificing LONG-TERM benefits for SHORT-TERM gains
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by ektbear: 10:16am On Jun 09, 2011
Very clever move, ACN. Well done.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by juman(m): 10:47am On Jun 09, 2011
Sai ACN
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Desola(f): 11:28am On Jun 09, 2011
It is a win - win move for ACN because they knew that the electorates do not want OBJ back in the SW, which is also good for them because they don't need the PDP SW stifling their progress so, not voting Tawakalitu was not only strategic but it makes them shine as a non tribal party in the eyes of the Northerners ("won n da omi siwaju ki won baa le te ile tutu"). This way the SW has disqualified the SE from any future presidential race because those who voted CPC already see the SE that brought in the "infidel" and they would want absolutly nothing to do with them.

We all know that the Hausa man, once he can trust you, he will remain loyal to you so, by A.C.N sacrificing their own for the North, the north have seen an ally. Tinunbu will be hoping that Buhari doesn't run, come 2015 and CPC fields a not-so_strong candidate and that would help the SW clinch the PDP and CPC votes because PDP should have imploded by then.

Basically, GEJ has provided an avenue for ACN to grow by killing zoning and the ACN are doing their darnest to keep it that way. With merit, the SE would not even feature on the ballot papers, let alone be voted for because they have showed all their hands even before the real game began. You should watch
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by DaDoctor: 12:15pm On Jun 09, 2011
THEY WILL ONLY BACK UP BUT CANT INITIATE OR GO FOR, MINORITY MY FOOT, WITH A MONEY SUCKING LEADER, TYNUBU

CHAII, YORUBA NTOI UNU!!!!

OGA EME UNU VOOM NA ANYA

LOL
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Wizardofoz: 12:29pm On Jun 09, 2011
Hypocrisy at its phocking best

Dont vote for SW for the post of speaker of House because it is unfair ( and UN-MERITED) to the rest of the country, but, eh, we can make Akume minority head because, well, he is the best man for the job aka he MERITS it.

God bless Tinubu and the legion of doofuses following him.

"Merit should not be sacrifice at the altar of zoning. I don't have a problem with somebody from south-west being speaker but we will not sacrifice merit at the altar of zoning."

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/Metro/Politics/5701162-146/opposition_mounts_against_south-west_speaker_bid.csp

Merit my arse!
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Wizardofoz: 12:35pm On Jun 09, 2011
Desola:

It is a win - win move for ACN because they knew that the electorates do not want OBJ back in the SW, which is also good for them because they don't need the PDP SW stifling their progress so, not voting Tawakalitu was not only strategic but it makes them shine as a non tribal party in the eyes of the Northerners ("won n da omi siwaju ki won baa le te ile tutu"wink. This way the SW has disqualified the SE from any future presidential race because those who voted CPC already see the SE that brought in the "infidel" and they would want absolutly nothing to do with them.

We all know that the Hausa man, once he can trust you, he will remain loyal to you so, by A.C.N sacrificing their own for the North, the north have seen an ally. Tinunbu will be hoping that Buhari doesn't run, come 2015 and CPC fields a not-so_strong candidate and that would help the SW clinch the PDP and CPC votes because PDP should have imploded by then.

Basically, GEJ has provided an avenue for ACN to grow by killing zoning and the ACN are doing their darnest to keep it that way. With merit, the SE would not even feature on the ballot papers, let alone be voted for because they have showed all their hands even before the real game began. You should watch

Look, this is never going to change minds.
ACN is a sectional party, better to admit that.

AD did more than this; they made Audu Ogbeh, and this other Hausa guy that was convicted in the US (ABDULKADIR
AHMED or whatever he calls himself), chairman of AD, yet it did not translate into votes.

People arent silly.

This is all for Tinubu. He still wants to be President, make no mistake about it.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by ibibioboy: 12:36pm On Jun 09, 2011
Just to add that zoning does not make political positions any one's birthright o. Some comments here are indeed preposterous. Yorubas just need to get mainstream politik -ing right.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by DaDoctor: 12:46pm On Jun 09, 2011
WIZADOFOZ, CHAIII , GOD BLESS U O!!! GREAT MIND.

ALL PARTIES IN ACN ARE WORKING FOR TINUBU

LITTLE WONDER HE ENDOSES AND ANOINTS WHO EVER HE PLEASES AND AT WILL , JUST THE WAY HE REPLACED AROLE FANCY FOR OBEY AND FINALLY TO ALIU IN SURULERE FED CONSTITUENCY.

CHAIIIII, I DEY LAFF O
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Akanbiedu(m): 12:49pm On Jun 09, 2011
enyojo:

ACN is a Patient but Forsighted Party
[b]For me, I think based on the impact recorded by Akume for ACN in a very short time of joining ACN, then it is very appropriate to give him the Minority leader.

Those clamouring for Ganiyu Solomon should go and sit down!!
For God's sake, I voted in Alimosho and I know how it took Tinubu's support for him to win. Ganiyu Solomon is a Political featherweight on his own, But Akume of Benue is a Political heavyweight in his own right.
What point will ACN score if they give solomon? Remember that PDP is considering giving either Ekweremadu's sit OR Majority Leader seat to YORUBA. So fixing a Ganiyu on the Minority Seat may be sacrificing LONG-TERM benefits for SHORT-TERM gains[/b]

Gold.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by fxtopedia(m): 12:51pm On Jun 09, 2011
[size=28pt]Great one by ACN, [/size]
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by BabaO2: 12:53pm On Jun 09, 2011
Is this not a typical case of a.s.s licking?

Sacrificing the ambition of Yorubas to please the North just few days after Tinubu sold the birthright of Yorubas to the North?

Let me see if his strategy will work in 2015. If this fails, then the Yoruba will be plunged deeper into political irrelevance in Nigeria.

I'm starting my countdown already to 2015.  Cool
Dont be myopic. The north and the SE should be worried now, they are all falling to the baits and very happy and satisfied now. Anyway, i dey look. SW is on the match again.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Wizardofoz: 12:56pm On Jun 09, 2011
Baba_O:

Dont be myopic. The north and the SE should be worried now, they are all falling to the baits and very happy and satisfied now. Anyway, i dey look. [b]SW [/b]is on the match again.

Is ACN the mouthpiece of the SW?
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by BabaO2: 1:08pm On Jun 09, 2011
what a question, overwhelmingly they are politically. Only Ondo state is using a different name, but i think for now, check out the body language and the actions.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Katsumoto: 2:04pm On Jun 09, 2011
Wizardofoz:

You keep letting your hatred of Tinubu cloud your judgement. You are not really putting forward any solutions. Are you suggesting that the SW should have stayed with PDP?
Obiagu1:

What I like about you guys is the spin and the feel good attitude.

You can try spin yourself out of a disaster but won't change your circumstance.

I'll repeat, it's easier for the ACN to take root in the South than in the North so the choice of Akume is a blunder.
By 2015, we'll see how many positions ACN get in the NC region.

Politics 101.

Dude, give it a rest. You couldn't even be articulate on your own thread. You were owned on your own thread by Desola and Ileke-Idi. grin
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Akanbiedu(m): 2:14pm On Jun 09, 2011
The guy is a "mainstreamer", what do you expect?

Katsumoto:

You keep letting your hatred of Tinubu cloud your judgement. You are not really putting forward any solutions. Are you suggesting that the SW should have stayed with PDP?
Dude, give it a rest. You couldn't even be articulate on your own thread. You were owned on your own thread by Desola and Ileke-Idi. grin

Where is the hypocrisy here? the merit case is applicable in both instances.

Wizardofoz:

Hypocrisy at its phocking best

Dont vote for SW for the post of speaker of House because it is unfair ( and UN-MERITED) to the rest of the country, but, eh, we can make Akume minority head because, well, he is the best man for the job aka he MERITS it.

God bless Tinubu and the legion of doofuses following him.

Merit my arse!

Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Desola(f): 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2011
Wizardofoz,

You sure do underestimate Tinunbu, don't you?

Tinunbu is. Not so fooled to think that the SW view him as the new AWO, no, not ever. The SW is well aware of Tinunbu's shadiness, however, we understand that he is a necessary evil at this point. He is very clever and politically savvy. He meddles in the dirty water of politics just as is required in the forced marriage of Nigeria.

I can tell you now that Tinunbu is gunning for an CAN presidency but would not be myopic to put himself forward as a candidate. He would put forward someone whom he knows would do the job effectively and is well likeable but he would be the one pulling the strings. He knows fully well that he as a person, can not win the votes of the people - not in the SW and certainly not in the North.

The power is not in being the president but being the one who controls the president.

All the populace need to see is the masquerade but we know that it is the man behind the mask that performs the tricks.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Katsumoto: 2:40pm On Jun 09, 2011
Desola:

Wizardofoz,

Tinunbu is. Not so fooled to think that the SW view him as the new AWO, no, not ever. The SW is well aware of Tinunbu's shadiness, however, we understand that he is a necessary evil at this point. He is very clever and politically savvy. He meddles in the dirty water of politics just as is required in the forced marriage of Nigeria.

I can tell you now that Tinunbu is gunning for an CAN presidency but would not be myopic to put himself forward as a candidate. He would put forward someone whom he knows would do the job effectively and is well likeable but he would be the one pulling the strings. He knows fully well that he as a person, can not win the votes of the people - not in the SW and certainly not in the North.

The power is not in being the president but being the one who controls the president.

All the populace need to see is the masquerade but we know that it is the man behind the mask that performs the tricks.

Preach sister, preach
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by 2mch(m): 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2011
grin grin grin cheesy

Why do we like to deceive ourselves and lie to ourselves.
First, we supported Jonathan's ascendancy to presidency after Yar Adua's illness. Yes, the Yoruba were his major backers. Igbo's supported Northerners because they wanted 2015. This is the first slight against Northerners.

Secondly, When Jonathan ran for presidency ACN supported PDP to win, SW voted for Jonathan against their own candidate who was a Northerner. Second slight against Northerner's which ended up in 800 people dead. And we say we have a plan

Thirdly, we squashed Babangida's political aspirations, he was the main champion of the North, due to June 12 issues.

Fourth, we missed out on becoming relevant in the scheme of things in the hope that Northerner's will support us politically after slighting them three times which they will never forget. Then went on to support someone that can do nothing to affect the region one way or the other, and also someone that is backed by Babangida. What a spit on June 12.

We must be living in a world of bullshit. I see Igbos becoming more relevant than we are, so let us start retracing our steps. As for Akume, ACN is can do anything they want within their party, but on the national stage they have disgraced the SW with area boy politics and have relegated us to local champions. Let us face reality. The elections are over, it is a tribe eat tribe world in Nigeria. Everyone is playing it and will not quit it any time soon. The SW are willing to be the suckers, so every other tribe will take advantage. Please stop patronising yourselves. Just admit that ACN made terrible decisions.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Dotman01(m): 2:54pm On Jun 09, 2011
God bless ACN. . . when teslim folarin was the house leader wat did he do?. . . The streets he lives is still untarred.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Desola(f): 3:12pm On Jun 09, 2011
2much,

You are getting a tad emotional and sentimental here. Yorubas would say: "ti oju ba farabale, aa rimu" which translates: If the eyes are patient, it would see the nose.

Politics is not a game of hurry, if you play it hurriedly, you become like the ibos. You have to show your hand slowly,

Okay, tell me how being in the number 4 position would have augured well for the Yorubas. Give me one good reason - just one. Whilst at it, tell me how being a deputy anything puts you in power. How is Sambo as the deputy president affecting his region or even decision making? Cant you see how the government keep surpressing the ibos? You call being made a disposable secretary power? You call being a deputy senate leader effective? How many deputy presidents or prime ministers can you name at the top of your head? I guess not many, and you know why? It's because they are irrelevant and are just figure heads. They never come into relevance except at the demise of the figure head. Perhaps if David Mark get killed, then the deputy senate leader might come to the fore, but we know that is a tall order. These people have been made redundant but given a post just to show face and you are crying up and down. Why should we concern ourselves with speakership when we can go back, regroup and come out stronger for the bigger cake?

You can join the ibos in their lamentations o, it's your prerogative.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Wizardofoz: 3:56pm On Jun 09, 2011
Baba_O:

what a question, overwhelmingly [/b]they are politically. Only Ondo state is using a different name, but i think for now, check out the body language and the actions.

[b]Overwhelmingly
: adverb,  incapable of being resisted

I wish to suggest to you on this wet and irritating mid-west morning, that they are not. They do not speak for the SW and are not in any way representing the SW.

The ACN is, for all intents, the TINUBU show

And Tinubu's goal and agenda arent similar or congruent with the SW's.

I agree with you that the ACN did well/impressively in Lagos, but the same cant be said about the rest of the SW.They won Ogun, not because Amosun was popular, and definitely not because of Tinubu's political sagacity. The ACN won in Ogun, in part as a result of low turnout, because OGD deflected to PPN, splitting the votes multiple way in the process ( 52% ACN VS. 44.78% PDP & PPN). ACN got roughly half of the votes in Ogun; that my friend, isnt overwhelming support. We may never know how the result would have turned out if the election were fair, rancor free, and devoid of money, intimidation & voter enticement. What happened in Ogun can be liken to Bush V. Gore, where the evangelicals came out en masse for Bush. Meaning, ACN's core supporters came out to vote en masse.  ACN did not convert anyone to their side. Their victory in Ogun was circumstantial, not strategical.

Same thing in Oyo state. The emergence of Accord took votes away from the PDP. Here also, ACN did not win new voters, and obviously ACN did not win by an unassailable margin; ( 37.41% ACN VS. 58.92% Accord & PDP). Despite ACN's unrelenting propaganda against Akala, the many lies and the baseless accusations of incompetence and brazen effrontery, he got as much votes as ACN. The difference in number is well within margin for human error. Simply stated, the election was a dead 'draw' in Oyo

In Osun State, dont be fooled, ACN isnt that popular. For starters, it is well known and well documented that Oyinlola won the first election, and if a more credible election were to be held today, I make bold to state that PDP will give ACN a run for their money and  would win, depending on who they present. My point is that, in Osun state, there isnt any blind allegiance to ACN.  The same thing in EKiti.

Ondo State: ACN doesnt even exist here

Besides Lagos, ACN isnt that strong in the SW. And again, ACN's showing in Lagos was for Fashola, not for ACN's superior ideology. Its merely a personality vote. A Funsho Williams on the PDP ticket would have changed the dynamics of the election and would have impacted the result in ways we can only imagine. And as a matter of fact, save for massive rigging in 2003, courtesy of Tinubu's street smarts, thuggery background and connection, Funsho Williams on PDP's platform would have been the party in power.  He scored 725, 000 votes against Tinubu's [b]questionable [/b]911, 000

The point is that, with the amount of money Fashola controls ( e.g =N=15 billion monthly from the Federal Purse in addition to its =N=16 billion internally generated revenue mostly from cooperate tax, up from mere N600 million in the late 90s/early 20s), anyone, and I mean ANYONE, would have done just as well, if not more, since 1/8 of the IGR goes to Tinubu's ABC as 'consultancy fee'. My point: What ACN/fashola did in Lagos isnt special and anyone,  PDP, APGA or otherwise, would have performed jsut as impressive. it is not an endorsement of ACN by Lagosians and it would be ridiculous and premature for anyone to misinterpret it as such.

How a less than impressive turnout in the rest of the SW, going by their circumstial 50% in Ogun, 30% in Oyo, 20% in Ondo, 30-35% in Osun and 30-40% in Ekiti, = Overwhelming support/political capital is just beyond me.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 09, 2011
Wizardofoz:

Overwhelmingly: adverb,  incapable of being resisted

I wish to suggest to you on this wet and irritating mid-west morning, that they are not. They do not speak for the SW and are not in any way representing the SW.

I agree with you that the ACN did well/impressively in Lagos, but the same cant be said about the rest of the SW.They won Ogun, not because Amosun was popular, and definitely not because of Tinubu's political sagacity. The ACN won in Ogun, in part as a result of low turnout, because OGD deflected to PPN, splitting the votes multiple way in the process ( 52% ACN VS. 44.78% PDP & PPN). ACN got roughly half of the votes in Ogun; that my friend, isnt overwhelming support. We may never know how the result would have turned out if the election were fair, rancor free, and devoid of money, intimidation & voter enticement. What happened in Ogun can be liken to Bush V. Gore, where the evangelicals came out en masse for Bush. Meaning, ACN's core supporters came out to vote en masse.  ACN did not convert anyone to their side. Their victory in Ogun was circumstantial, not strategical.

Same thing in Oyo state. The emergence of Accord took votes away from the PDP. Here also, ACN did not win new voters, and obviously ACN did not win by an unassailable margin; ( 37.41% ACN VS. 58.92% Accord & PDP). Despite ACN's unrelenting propaganda against Akala, the many lies and the baseless accusations of incompetence and brazen effrontery, he got as much votes as ACN. The difference in number is well within margin of error for human error.

In Osun State, dont be fooled, ACN isnt that popular. For starters, it is well known and well documented that Oyinlola won the first election, and if a more credible election were to be held today, I make bold to state that PDP will give ACN a run for their money and  would win, depending on who they present. My point is that, in Osun state, there isnt any blind allegiance to ACN.  The same thing in EKiti.

Besides Lagos, ACN isnt that strong in the SW. And again, ACN's showing in Lagos was for Fashola, not for ACN's superior ideology. Its merely a personality vote. A Funsho Williams on the PDP ticket would have changed the dynamics of the election and would have impacted the result in ways we can only imagine. And as a matter of fact, save for massive rigging in 2003, courtesy of Tinubu's street smarts, thuggery background and connection, Funsho Williams on PDP's platform would have been the party in power.  He scored 725, 000 votes against Tinubu's [b]questionable [/b]911, 000

The point is that, with the amount of money Fashola controls ( e.g =N=15 billion monthly from the Federal Purse in addition to its =N=16 billion internally generated revenue mostly from cooperate tax, up from mere N600 million in the late 90s/early 20s), anyone, and I mean ANYONE, would have done just as well, if not more, since 1/8 of the IGR goes to Tinubu's ABC as 'consultancy fee'. My point: What ACN/fashola did in Lagos isnt special and anyone,  PDP, APGA or otherwise, would have performed jsut as impressive. it is not an endorsement of ACN by Lagosians and it would be ridiculous and premature for anyone to misinterpret it as such.

How a less than impressive turnout in the rest of the SW, going by their circumstial 50% in Ogun, 30% in Oyo, 20% in Ondo, 30-35% in Osun and 30-40% in Ekiti, = Overwhelming support/political capital is just beyond me.

Who said the SW was all ACN region?

Little minds. They entertain themselves with misinformation.  grin

SW has ACN, LP, and PDP.

People are just hating on ACN because the party has shown to get tricks up its sleeves and has shown to be the best opposition for PDP. People with little minds like yourself just dont know what to do with ACN. . . . still wondering huh?

We're quite content with LP in Ondo state. Mimiko will soon be on Fashola's level, a man of wonders.  cool

Let ACN be Tinubu or Akala's show. . . . point is, ACN will decentralize the power PDP has been abusing and compared to PDP politicians we had previously, ACN has shown to be better effective than PDP Thieves. ACN believe it or not, liberated SW from PDP. Something other parties like LP or APGA failed to do for their region.

Low turnout you say, or election rigging of the PDP, which has been proven on video camera and on ballot results. Even with their over-riggingness, ACN still defeated PDP.
And puhlzzz, dont come to me with the crap about Tinubu being a thief, read the previous page. Save yourself that embarrassment.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by 2mch(m): 4:10pm On Jun 09, 2011
Wizardofoz:

Overwhelmingly: adverb,  incapable of being resisted

Same thing in Oyo state. The emergence of Accord took votes away from the PDP. Here also, ACN did not win new voters, and obviously ACN did not win by an unassailable margin; ( 37.41% ACN VS. 58.92% Accord & PDP). Despite ACN's unrelenting propaganda against Akala, the many lies and the baseless accusations of incompetence and brazen effrontery, he got as much votes as ACN. The difference in number is well within margin for human error. Simply stated, the election was a dead 'draw' in Oyo

Excellent post. The SW has cleverly left an opening with other parties. If ACN does not do what is in their best interest, they will easily deflect and give them PDP treatment. I dont think SW politicians have realised that no one can speak for Yoruba's, and they are only loyal to development and people that bring it. I wonder where they get the notion that ACN speaks for Yoruba's. They barely won Oyo.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by birdman(m): 4:12pm On Jun 09, 2011
ACN interests and SW  interests are not the same. They may converge here and there, but for the love of God guys, stop using the terms interchangeably. Tinubu is a politician, not a statesman. We do well to always keep this in mind.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Wizardofoz: 4:19pm On Jun 09, 2011
Desola:

Wizardofoz,

Tinunbu is.  Not so fooled to think that the SW view him as the new AWO, no, not ever. The SW is well aware of Tinunbu's shadiness, however, we understand that he is a necessary evil at this point. He is very clever and politically savvy. He meddles in the dirty water of politics just as is required in the forced marriage of Nigeria.

[size=18pt]The power is not in being the president but being the one who controls the president.
[/size]

How did you know this? Did Tinubu tell you that? I see,  someone else must have been controlling Tinubu when Tinubu nominated himself to be Buhari's VP.

What a brilliant insight.

I guess, the real power isnt the person using the newly acquired, now grounded, N7 Billion presidential jet day-in-day-out? The power isnt  with the person who lives in Aso-rock 24/7, with legion of aides and advisers .  By your logic, the person with the power isnt he with the C-in-C tag?

To you the power lies with the person who can only advise and offer suggestions, JUST LIKE ANYONE ON HIS 'FACEBOOK' PAGE?

Hey, Bimbo, here's something that's weird but true: in the day-to-day oceanic abyss of decision making in Asorock/FEC, there is actually no such thing as god-fatherism. There is no such thing as being controlled from outside . The president decides, and the power is with the PRESIDENT, not with some outside god-father.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Confirm Two Dead In Fresh Gun Attack In Kano / Now That The UK And US Have Taken Their Decision On Ipob What Next / NPA Gets $700 Million To Rehabilitate The Ports At Tincan Island And Apapa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.