Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat (5633 Views)

Lawan, Akume Lead Anti-saraki Senators Out Of Plenary In Protest / There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume / I Give Up On My Agitation For A Fair Share For Minority Groups In Nigeria' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Mariory(m): 4:29pm On Jun 09, 2011
Wizardofoz:

Hey, Bimbo, here's something that's weird but true: in the day-to-day oceanic abyss of decision making in Asorock/FEC, there is actually no such thing as god-fatherism. There is no such thing as being controlled from outside . The president decides, and the power is with the PRESIDENT, not with some outside god-father.

In that case. . .

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-686459.0.html
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by lagcity(m): 4:53pm On Jun 09, 2011
@ op. you want ACN to go into the SE/SS so they can be screwed like APGA? now they are being labelled a Yoruba party but you want them to be labelled a southern party. that is even worse. SE is not useful for ACN or any other serious party. Even SS is more powerful. NC (where i'm from) is more powerful than SE and SS put together. If ACN can just grab Kwara, Kogi, and Benue, that'll be the last straw for PDP. these three states are in the north but the people are more like southerners.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Wizardofoz: 5:29pm On Jun 09, 2011
Katsumoto:

You keep letting your hatred of Tinubu cloud your judgement.

I am the second person you would say that to on this thread already. My judgement is clouded just because I do not agree with you? Very profound!

And, No, I do not hate him. Though, I have always had my reservations since he was Governor of Lagos State; the many bill-boards juxtaposing his image with that of Awo and Ghandi, with the "great minds think alike" inscription, the many fights with his deputies, his questionable academic background, his blatant incompetence and superficiality, not minding his dirty antecedents and inclination to subvert the very democratic principles he claims to profess.

I just dont like how power hungry he is. Always putting his personal ambition above collective interest; yet, wanting to be validated as a bastion against all that ails our polity. Unlike Ghandi and Awo, BAT worships power and unearned influence,  that is where he taps real meaning in life.  Even after 8 yrs as Governor, he doesnt seem to have had enough, and going by what happened between him and fashola, and how he single-handedly replaced fashola's deputy, it doesnt look like he is going to quit his god-father role any time soon.

Just few days ago, he took credit for Tambuwals emergence as speaker, saying "that he personally instructed all ACN members to vote for Tambuwal and not to collect a kobo from any other candidate." This to me, amongst other absurdities, is gradual slippage into Fascism, replacing PDP for Emperor Tinubu. The nice thing about fascists is that they make things easy for you by 'personally instructing' you on what to do, what to eat, how to think, who to vote for and how to live your life.

You are not really putting forward any solutions. Are you suggesting that the SW should have stayed with PDP?

Meaning? that in your awesomeness and intellectual superiority, you have actually proffered solutions, since this thread is all about 'putting forward' solutions to the myriad of problems that ail us? And not about the obvious hypocrisy that saw Akume, who ruled Benue on PDP platform, emerging as ACN's minority leader in the Lower house. As if Akume's most basic orientation toward the world, his politics, and personality are now impeccable, now that he has joined ACN.

That said, please don't think that I'm trying to make you see things un-sentimentally, or that I'm saying you are supposed to think broadly and deeply, or that anyone for that matter expects you to just automatically see the obvious. Because it's hard.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Obiagu1(m): 6:15pm On Jun 09, 2011
Dear 0th citizens of Nigeria, take heart, the messiah Tinubu will take you to the promise land.

Katsumoto:

Dude, give it a rest. You couldn't even be articulate on your own thread. You were owned on your own thread by Desola and Ileke-Idi.  grin

Look, I hate verbosity. I equally don't care about the spin from Desola or Ileke-Idi, they can well join the Republican party where spin is needed to keep their base, high school dropouts and not-so-smarts, entertained.
I make my point brief and straight to the point.

All you can do is call me a hater like you did to others who are not in agreement with you and who are not follow-follow goons like you that will soon enter the ocean with Tinubu because Tinubu says that's the route to greatness.

Just like Awo could not become President, so will the rest of Yorubas. The only and only Yoruba person that has ever become #1 and #2 in Nigeria is OBJ and ask him, he will tell you mainstream politics is the way to go. He showed you guys the way forward but you relapsed into the usual sectional party.

Awo era did not end well because the the war truncated it; but this time around, Tinubu era will surely end. Mark 2019, that's when you'll realise it. We say what an elderly man could see while sitting down, a little boy can't see it while on top of a tree.

Right now, enjoy your non-relevance in Nigerian politics and please don't sulk.

[size=4pt]If I want to lead the Yorubas, what I need to do is just wear a round eye glasses and a hat and shout Odua every now and then, goons will call me a messiah and follow me like sheep.[/size]
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by sbeezy8: 6:36pm On Jun 09, 2011
[size=16pt]NICE MOVE![/size]

WHEN IT COMES TO NATIONAL ISSUES ACN needs [/b]to broaden its influence how else can fashola or acn get votes for presidency in 2015 or beyond? common sense,

minority leader does nothing for the SW, yoruba issues need to stay in the SW among local state actors. but this one Minority Leader Seat is a national issue- where as it doesnt matter whos holding the seat.

i can already see pdp in its own conflict 2015, [b]SS (GEJ) vs NW vs SE vs NE
n ACN grabbing votes in the SS n NE SW NC. aggrieved regions will DEF have split votes

any person vs fashola, fashola n acn stand a good chance at this- when it come to national issues acn keep playing these politics all this ACN is a yoruba party wont win fasjola or acn presidency.

good politicking Tinubu Fashola Lai ACN are learning from Awo's mistakes right now the only opposition party playing good politics is ACN.

by the time PDP slaps SE in the face by either supporting GEJ for another term or give it to the north- regions will be a fray over who to vote for.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Katsumoto: 7:02pm On Jun 09, 2011
Obiagu1:

Dear 0th citizens of Nigeria, take heart, the messiah Tinubu will take you to the promise land.

Look, I hate verbosity. I equally don't care about the spin from Desola or Ileke-Idi, they can well join the Republican party where spin is needed to keep their base, high school dropouts and not-so-smarts, entertained.
I make my point brief and straight to the point.

All you can do is call me a hater like you did to others who are not in agreement with you and who are not follow-follow goons like you that will soon enter the ocean with Tinubu because Tinubu says that's the route to greatness.

Just like Awo could not become President, so will the rest of Yorubas. The only and only Yoruba person that has ever become #1 and #2 in Nigeria is OBJ and ask him, he will tell you mainstream politics is the way to go. He showed you guys the way forward but you relapsed into the usual sectional party.

Awo era did not end well because the the war truncated it; but this time around, Tinubu era will surely end. Mark 2019, that's when you'll realise it. We say what an elderly man could see while sitting down, a little boy can't see it while on top of a tree.

Right now, enjoy your non-relevance in Nigerian politics and please don't sulk.

[size=4pt]If I want to lead the Yorubas, what I need to do is just wear a round eye glasses and a hat and shout Odua every now and then, goons will call me a messiah and follow me like sheep.[/size]

So political relevance is more important than development? You can shove that relevance where the sun don't shine. Who the Bleep cares about OBJ? What did OBJ do for the SW with his 8 years in power? Awo was never president; that was Nigeria's loss. Awo was premier of the western region and till today, those in the SW still worship him.

You are a hater because you are chasing after irrelevant things. What has power at the centre brought any region in Nigeria? Is Yaradua's Katsina not still in the desert? There is a reason why OBJ is hated in the SW and why Awo is loved. It is not your place to determine what another man should desire. You can't shave a man's head in his absence. OBJ showed the SW the way to go yet he rewarded them with Akala, OGD, Oyinlola, Fayose, and Oni. Please reply with a more logical and mature argument. Imagine you replying with an 'OBJ was president but he produced imbeciles' argument.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Katsumoto: 7:06pm On Jun 09, 2011
Wizardofoz:

I am the second person you would say that to on this thread already. My judgement is clouded just because I do not agree with you? Very profound!

And, No, I do not hate him. Though, I have always had my reservations since he was Governor of Lagos State; the many bill-boards juxtaposing his image with that of Awo and Ghandi, with the "great minds think alike" inscription, the many fights with his deputies, his questionable academic background, his blatant incompetence and superficiality, not minding his dirty antecedents and inclination to subvert the very democratic principles he claims to profess.

I just dont like how power hungry he is. Always putting his personal ambition above collective interest; yet, wanting to be validated as a bastion against all that ails our polity. Unlike Ghandi and Awo, BAT worships power and unearned influence,  that is where he taps real meaning in life.  Even after 8 yrs as Governor, he doesnt seem to have had enough, and going by what happened between him and fashola, and how he single-handedly replaced fashola's deputy, it doesnt look like he is going to quit his god-father role any time soon.

Just few days ago, he took credit for Tambuwals emergence as speaker, saying "that he personally instructed all ACN members to vote for Tambuwal and not to collect a kobo from any other candidate." This to me, amongst other absurdities, is gradual slippage into Fascism, replacing PDP for Emperor Tinubu. The nice thing about fascists is that they make things easy for you by 'personally instructing' you on what to do, what to eat, how to think, who to vote for and how to live your life.

Meaning? that in your awesomeness and intellectual superiority, you have actually proffered solutions, since this thread is all about 'putting forward' solutions to the myriad of problems that ail us? And not about the obvious hypocrisy that saw Akume, who ruled Benue on PDP platform, emerging as ACN's minority leader in the Lower house. As if Akume's most basic orientation toward the world, his politics, and personality are now impeccable, now that he has joined ACN.

That said, please don't think that I'm trying to make you see things un-sentimentally, or that I'm saying you are supposed to think broadly and deeply, or that anyone for that matter expects you to just automatically see the obvious. Because it's hard.

Alo o, alo

Who should the SW have followed in the last election? ACN with its greedy and imperfect leader or the usual cowboys from Abuja? That is what it boils down to; those were the options. Your personal crusade against Tinubu isn't going to change a damn thing. You think everyone else is in love with Tinubu?
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Obiagu1(m): 7:11pm On Jun 09, 2011
Katsumoto:

So political relevance is more important than development? You can shove that relevance where the sun don't shine. Who the bleep cares about OBJ? What did OBJ do for the SW with his 8 years in power? Awo was never president; that was Nigeria's loss. Awo was premier of the western region and till today, those in the SW still worship him.

You are a hater because you are chasing after irrelevant things. What has power at the centre brought any region in Nigeria? Is Yaradua's Katsina not still in the desert? There is a reason why OBJ is hated in the SW and why Awo is loved. It is not your place to determine what another man should desire. You can't shave a man's head in his absence. OBJ showed the SW the way to go yet he rewarded them with Akala, OGD, Oyinlola, Fayose, and Oni. Please reply with a more logical and mature argument. Imagine you replying with an 'OBJ was president but he produced imbeciles' argument.

What other argument do you want me to produce here? There's not argument. OBJ's Akala, OGD, Oyinlola etc were judged after 4 - 8yrs in office, same cannot be said about Tinubu boys. So on what criteria should I judge Tinubu boys? In 2015, you'll get the answer. Don't tell me about Fashola, with his mega billion naira, I will perform way better than his graphic images.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by hercules07: 7:14pm On Jun 09, 2011
Katsumoto

Most of the peeps taking Panadol for the SW headaches do not understand the psyche of the Yoruba man, Tinubu is a necessary evil, he has shown that he can match PDP fire for fire while also bringing development to his region, as long as PDP plays politics the hard way, we will always need a Tinubu, afterall, Awolowo too had his dogs of war. Tinubu is a dogged political fighter, the single gesture of bringing out Fashola has galvanised other governors to start working, they are now trying to match Fashola's achievements.
@Obiagu, yeah you will, why not start from your village or state.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Katsumoto: 7:22pm On Jun 09, 2011
Obiagu1:

What other argument do you want me to produce here? There's not argument. OBJ's Akala, OGD, Oyinlola etc were judged after 4 - 8yrs in office, same cannot be said about Tinubu boys. So on what criteria should I judge Tinubu boys? In 2015, you'll get the answer. Don't tell me about Fashola, with his mega billion naira, I will perform way better than his graphic images.

Like Hercules said, surely you are from one of the states in Nigeria; why not start there and stop worrying about the graphic images in Lagos that is drawing plaudits for Fashola from all over the world like the one from the economist below? Also, Fashola was elected in 2007 same as Akala and Oyinlola who were both amongst the worst governors in Nigerian history.

http://www.economist.com/node/18652563

hercules07:

Katsumoto

Most of the peeps taking Panadol for the SW headaches do not understand the psyche of the Yoruba man, Tinubu is a necessary evil, he has shown that he can match PDP fire for fire while also bringing development to his region, as long as PDP plays politics the hard way, we will always need a Tinubu, afterall, Awolowo too had his dogs of war. Tinubu is a dogged political fighter, the single gesture of bringing out Fashola has galvanised other governors to start working, they are now trying to match Fashola's achievements.
@Obiagu, yeah you will, why not start from your village or state.

You dey mind them? When the SE did not get the positions of speaker and senate president, they opened over 200 threads. Now that ACN voted against the SW PDP candidate for speaker, the same set of people are opening threads.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by nduchucks: 7:29pm On Jun 09, 2011
It is reasonable to note that Northerners wielded the greatest political power in Nigeria before GEJ's regime , that power position remains as we speak, and will remain throughout GEJ's current term and continue after 2015, if we are to believe the analysis of the SW posters here.

One of the greatest tragedies of Nigerians is the pathological hatred that the Yorubas and Ndigbos have for each other.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 09, 2011
sbeezy8:

[size=16pt]NICE MOVE![/size]

WHEN IT COMES TO NATIONAL ISSUES ACN needs [/b]to broaden its influence how else can fashola or acn get votes for presidency in 2015 or beyond? common sense,

minority leader does nothing for the SW, yoruba issues need to stay in the SW among local state actors. but this one Minority Leader Seat is a national issue- where as it doesnt matter whos holding the seat.

i can already see pdp in its own conflict 2015, [b]SS (GEJ) vs NW vs SE vs NE
  n ACN grabbing votes in the SS n NE SW NC. aggrieved regions will DEF have split votes

any person vs fashola, fashola n acn stand a good chance at this- when it come to national issues acn keep playing these politics all this ACN is a yoruba party wont win fasjola or acn presidency.

good politicking Tinubu Fashola Lai ACN are learning from Awo's mistakes right now the only opposition party playing good politics is ACN.

by the time PDP slaps SE in the face by either supporting GEJ for another term or give it to the north- regions will be a fray over who to vote for.

There's no doubt about that one.

The North are already ready for 2015. You think they'll vote for a SE'ner?

The SS wants another term, if GEJ is a 2015 candidate, you think they'll vote for a SE'ner?

The MB are divided.

The SW are already observing and becoming the strongest opposition. Do you think they're not currently getting ready for 2015?

ALL ACN has to do is become more diligent with their governing (just like Fashola). It will attract more states into the party. ACN just needs to camp out in some Northern states and some MB states like Kwara. And 2015 is theirs. They can endorse who they want and become what they want like PDP has been doing.

But it all boils down to good governance. The next 4 years is a test for ACN. People can easily defect if they become another PDP clone.

ACN does not start or end with Tinubu. Tinubu just knows his game. . . . step by step, this is just about developing SW, getting ready for 2015 (no more zoning), branching out and definitely decentralizing power(becoming a strong opposition).

This is my thoughts tho. I dont believe the North (esp. uppoer North) is feeling PDP, they will defect to CPC. 2015, SW and North might join into another alliance (Not party alliance, but presidential candidate alliance).
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by sbeezy8: 7:50pm On Jun 09, 2011
^^^

all acn needs is a block vote in the SW n split votes in the SS NE MB which is easy.

if pdp give presidency to sambo- he will get no votes from se ss sw n split in the middle belt n NE.

if pdp gives ticket to gej- he will gt no votes in the SW NE NW split in the middle belt split in the southeast apga may preset its own presidential candidate who is ibo (many will be agrieved at no 2015 ibo presidential pdp candidate)

ACN/fashola block vote in SW split middle belt, SS split if GEJ is not the candidate. MB split, NE split if sambo or GEJ is the candidate.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Katsumoto: 8:06pm On Jun 09, 2011
ndu_chucks:

It is reasonable to note that Northerners wielded the greatest political power in Nigeria before GEJ's regime , that power position remains as we speak, and will remain throughout GEJ's current term and continue after 2015, if we are to believe the analysis of the SW posters here.

One of the greatest tragedies of Nigerians is the pathological hatred that the Yorubas and Ndigbos have for each other.

If the 'pathological hatred' between the Yoruba and Igbo produces no violent conflict, what do we call the hatred the Hausas and beroms have for one another that usually results in ninjas wiping out entire villages including women and children while the Nigerian army looks the other way? Also, how would you characterise the love between Ndigbo and the Hausa-fulani?

You drew a lot of conclusions from your first statement; you are free to reach your own conclusions but I don't see how you could have reached those conclusions based on statements by SW posters.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by OAM4J: 9:19pm On Jun 09, 2011
Interesting debate, stormy but insult free. I like it. cool
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by EzeUche1(m): 9:22pm On Jun 09, 2011
Let us be honest with ourselves, the SE will never see eye to eye with the SW and neither would the SW see eye to eye with the SE. We have different interest. There is no such thing as "Southern Unity." And I see nothing wrong with that. How can I count them as friends in politics, when I have to continue to watch my back?
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by jason123: 9:36pm On Jun 09, 2011
EzeUche!:

Let us be honest with ourselves, the SE will never see eye to eye with the SW and neither would the SW see eye to eye with the SE. We have different interest. There is no such thing as "Southern Unity." And I see nothing wrong with that. How can I count them as friends in politics, when I have to continue to watch my back?

Should I remind you about this statement 2015 (that is if I am still in NL undecided) cheesy
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 09, 2011
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Katsumoto: 9:53pm On Jun 09, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The lamentations of a PDP supporter.

BTW, who told you I am Yoruba? Are you a sooth-sayer?
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by EzeUche1(m): 9:57pm On Jun 09, 2011
jason123:

Should I remind you about this statement 2015 (that is if I am still in NL undecided) cheesy

You will not get the chance to tell, because I am only on NL temporarily. cool
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by 2mch(m): 9:58pm On Jun 09, 2011
PStylish:

@All
All the Yorubas(Desola,Katsumoto,Ileke Idi, Eko Ile etc) supporting Tinubu and the ACN are fake. Very fake. They

are just consoling/deceiving themselves.

The loss of the speakership is a terrible loss to the average non-ACN SWesterner. Everyone in my family felt sad at

the emergence of Tambuwal but they were quick to console themselves with statements like "what did the SW gain

when they had the speakership position", "Tambuwal is ACN" e.t.c but the grief in their face was very visible.

For me, I was apprehensive and anxious to hear the news and when it finally came, I was cursing Tinubu and the

ACN from the bottom of my heart.I could not sleep overnight.I could see Tinubu's selfish interest written all over the

decision to support Tambuwal. Truth is, the average SWesterner is sad and very unhappy with Tinubu's

behaviour.Even some ACN members will be furious with him.

I dont know how a female PDP speaker would have affected the SW ACN.Didnt Dimeji Bankole, a sitting PDP

speaker lose his re-election bid to an unknown ACN candidate in a free and fair election despite the financial

resources at his disposal?

Abike Dabiri, ACN rep, tried to get to Tinubu's support for the PDP lady.This showed a Yoruba consensus to have a

representative at the centre especially as Obasanjo ensured the position was zoned to the SW despite the dismal

performance of the PDP in the region. But Tinubu's selfishness ruined it. Do you think if the vote had been thrown

to a general SW public they would not have voted Mulikat, PDP or no PDP?

Yorubas on this forum are just consoling themselves and overdoing it.The rest of Nigeria actually want us where we

are now - out of mainstream politics.

Some would say what did we gain in the mainstream?I say what did others gain from the mainstream? Its not a

matter of what you gain from the mainstream but being in the mainstream to represent your interests.Nigeria as a

country is very centre inclined as we are yet to practice true federalism.The FG remains the biggest spender in the

whole federation.How daft and senseless can it get for the SW not to have a representative at that level of

government just because of Tinubu.

The SW can handle both regional and mainstream politics concurrently as displayed in the last election unlike other

regions.

Why should Tinubu stop us from eating our cakes and having it if not for his selfish interest?

And for those making du.m.b permutations about 2015 let me state some categorical facts here

1. Only the PDP can produce the president of Nigeria for decades to come if not centuries.The PDP is similar to the

ANC of South Africa

2. The north is not happy with the SW at all be it Obj group or Tinubu group.The way we backstabbed them by

supporting Jonathan is still fresh in their memory right from the days of Yaradua's absence.The are desperately anti

SW at the moment.

3. The ACN will forever remain a regional party that can only win a tiny sprinkle of seats( courtesy aggrieved

decampees from PDP) outside the SW.It can never win the presidential  election.

4. Jonathan will seek a second term and get it and the SW will support him amid support from other regions

5. Power will return to the north in 2019. A detribalised trustworthy northerner will be carefuly handpicked for the

job.

6. A Yoruba man can only be president on the platform of the PDP.

7.No matter what Tinubu does, he can never kill the PDP in the SW.SW PDP will always be a formidable opposition

in the region to serve as check and balance.

I feel other southerners, even our dearest enemies, the Igbos, feel for the SW on the loss of the speakersip

position.Forget the bashing. They would have preferred to have a Yoruba speaker than a Hausa speaker who will

surely be a threat to Jonathan's govt. No thanks to selfish Tinubu.

What baffled me was the PDP's decision to field a woman.That kind of worsened the situation and forced the

testosterone-dominated house to further defy zoning and support a man.So it was a case of man vs woman.

Muraina Ajibola was already doing well pre-inauguration and was set to win until the lady came from nowhere.The

north just could not stick it hence they brought up Tambuwal.I would have voted Tambuwal if I were not

Yoruba,zoning or no zoning.

For that,PDP, Jonathan and his wife deserved to be heavily whipped.

Another consolation is that even if the 70 ACN votes were removed from tambuwals 252 and added to Mulikat's 90,

she still would have lost.

YORUBAS STOP CONSOLING YOURSELVES.WE ARE NOWHERE IN THE CURRENT POLITICAL DISPENSATION AND IT IS A BIG SETBACK POLITICALLY AND BEYOND.OBASANJO HAS TRIED HIS BEST FOR US.THE OLD MAN WILL BE CRYING WHEREVER HE IS NOW.

100%. To them anyone that has a problem with ACN is a PDP supporter. It is sad to see them hold on to so much hope in ACN, that they dont want to show how embarassed they are. Trust me they are. They just dont want to be laughed at. The earlier you tell yourself the truth, the better for you. They want to believe so much that they will not be disappointed. The reality is that we live in Nigeria where everyone acts in self interest. Blind following will cause big problems. Lets watch and see. The cookie will still crumble. I wonder how they expect to get allocations to grow the SW if you are not in the main stream. All other zones will allocate money to themselves, and just pay off the lame ducks we have in the senate and nass some bribe money. Local champions and toothless bulldogs. We are better off declaring Odua republic
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by emiye(m): 9:58pm On Jun 09, 2011
ACN !!!!!,  the broom revolution?, well a party that has national assembly members in kaduna,, adamawa, anambra, benue, taraba, edo  is surely moving out of the regional clouds of the south west
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by jason123: 9:59pm On Jun 09, 2011
EzeUche!:

You will not get the chance to tell, because I am only on NL temporarily. cool

cheesy cheesy cheesy cool
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Stonnydrey(m): 10:09pm On Jun 09, 2011
ASIWAJU BOLA AKMED TINUBU, rora jaye tori aomola, Ds Impositns is becoming too much ooooo, ; Mowire abi mi owi ire
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Katsumoto: 10:34pm On Jun 09, 2011
2mch:

100%. To them anyone that has a problem with ACN is a PDP supporter. It is sad to see them hold on to so much hope in ACN, that they dont want to show how embarassed they are. Trust me they are. They just dont want to be laughed at. The earlier you tell yourself the truth, the better for you. They want to believe so much that they will not be disappointed. The reality is that we live in Nigeria where everyone acts in self interest. Blind following will cause big problems. Lets watch and see. The cookie will still crumble. I wonder how they expect to get allocations to grow the SW if you are not in the main stream. All other zones will allocate money to themselves, and just pay off the lame ducks we have in the senate and nass some bribe money. Local champions and toothless bulldogs. We are better off declaring Odua republic

Isn't that the same way you assume that anyone that supports ACN is a Tinubu supporter?
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by pluto04(m): 11:36pm On Jun 09, 2011
PStylish:

[b]@

7.No matter what Tinubu does, he can never kill the PDP in the SW.SW PDP will always be a formidable opposition

I have to agree with you. You can't get opposition out of Southwest whether it is ACN, PDP, LP or any other party. That is one of the things I like about Southwest politics. You are rewarded for a measure of good performance and punished for mediocre performance. PDP just got punished for mediocre performance while ACN piggy backed on perceived good performance in Lagos. Southwest people only want good governance and development. LP is doing well in Ondo state. They have to knowing the competition for PDP and ACN. One of the beauty of opposition. I only wish the new ACN leadership will perform in there respective states. It is going to be tough knowing people expect the level of project development going on in Lagos while most of the new ACN states might not have the resources of the geographic advantage that Lagos has. 

I don't get all the praise singing about BAT (campaign for Asiwaju of Yorubaland) or his arrogance in some of his statements in personally claiming responsibility for the action of a party. It is possible that the arrogance of ACN will approach the level of the previous AD leadership and the outgoing PDP leadership and this will lead to their dropping the ball and ultimate decimation in the southwest. ACN needs to deliver before we start praising Tinubu. All the propaganda tool (newspapers, tv stations and radio stations) being setup by the ACN hierarchy will not save them from being swept out in the next election cycle if they did not perform.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by AndreUweh(m): 11:41pm On Jun 09, 2011
PStylish:

@All
All the Yorubas(Desola,Katsumoto,Ileke Idi, Eko Ile etc) supporting Tinubu and the ACN are fake. Very fake. They

are just consoling/deceiving themselves.

The loss of the speakership is a terrible loss to the average non-ACN SWesterner. Everyone in my family felt sad at

the emergence of Tambuwal but they were quick to console themselves with statements like "what did the SW gain

when they had the speakership position", "Tambuwal is ACN" e.t.c but the grief in their face was very visible.

For me, I was apprehensive and anxious to hear the news and when it finally came, I was cursing Tinubu and the

ACN from the bottom of my heart.I could not sleep overnight.I could see Tinubu's selfish interest written all over the

decision to support Tambuwal. Truth is, the average SWesterner is sad and very unhappy with Tinubu's

behaviour.Even some ACN members will be furious with him.

I dont know how a female PDP speaker would have affected the SW ACN.Didnt Dimeji Bankole, a sitting PDP

speaker lose his re-election bid to an unknown ACN candidate in a free and fair election despite the financial

resources at his disposal?

Abike Dabiri, ACN rep, tried to get to Tinubu's support for the PDP lady.This showed a Yoruba consensus to have a

representative at the centre especially as Obasanjo ensured the position was zoned to the SW despite the dismal

performance of the PDP in the region. But Tinubu's selfishness ruined it. Do you think if the vote had been thrown

to a general SW public they would not have voted Mulikat, PDP or no PDP?

Yorubas on this forum are just consoling themselves and overdoing it.The rest of Nigeria actually want us where we

are now - out of mainstream politics.

Some would say what did we gain in the mainstream?I say what did others gain from the mainstream? Its not a

matter of what you gain from the mainstream but being in the mainstream to represent your interests.Nigeria as a

country is very centre inclined as we are yet to practice true federalism.The FG remains the biggest spender in the

whole federation.How daft and senseless can it get for the SW not to have a representative at that level of

government just because of Tinubu.

The SW can handle both regional and mainstream politics concurrently as displayed in the last election unlike other

regions.

Why should Tinubu stop us from eating our cakes and having it if not for his selfish interest?

And for those making du.m.b permutations about 2015 let me state some categorical facts here

1. Only the PDP can produce the president of Nigeria for decades to come if not centuries.The PDP is similar to the

ANC of South Africa

2. The north is not happy with the SW at all be it Obj group or Tinubu group.The way we backstabbed them by

supporting Jonathan is still fresh in their memory right from the days of Yaradua's absence.The are desperately anti

SW at the moment.

3. The ACN will forever remain a regional party that can only win a tiny sprinkle of seats( courtesy aggrieved

decampees from PDP) outside the SW.It can never win the presidential election.

4. Jonathan will seek a second term and get it and the SW will support him amid support from other regions

5. Power will return to the north in 2019. A detribalised trustworthy northerner will be carefuly handpicked for the

job.

6. A Yoruba man can only be president on the platform of the PDP.

I feel other southerners, even our dearest enemies, the Igbos, feel for the SW on the loss of the speakersip

position.Forget the bashing. They would have preferred to have a Yoruba speaker than a Hausa speaker who will

surely be a threat to Jonathan's govt. No thanks to selfish Tinubu.

What baffled me was the PDP's decision to field a woman.That kind of worsened the situation and forced the

testosterone-dominated house to further defy zoning and support a man.So it was a case of man vs woman.

Muraina Ajibola was already doing well pre-inauguration and was set to win until the lady came from nowhere.The

north just could not stick it hence they brought up Tambuwal.I would have voted Tambuwal if I were not

Yoruba,zoning or no zoning.

For that,PDP, Jonathan and his wife deserved to be heavily whipped.

Another consolation is that even if the 70 ACN votes were removed from tambuwals 252 and added to Mulikat's 90,

she still would have lost.

YORUBAS STOP CONSOLING YOURSELVES.WE ARE NOWHERE IN THE CURRENT POLITICAL DISPENSATION AND IT IS A BIG SETBACK POLITICALLY AND BEYOND.OBASANJO HAS TRIED HIS BEST FOR US.THE OLD MAN WILL BE CRYING WHEREVER HE IS NOW.

May your days be long. This is the best post I have read here so far.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by olaolabiy: 11:46pm On Jun 09, 2011
This Andre Uweh sef lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by jason123: 11:49pm On Jun 09, 2011
ola olabiy:

This Andre Uweh sef lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Don't mind him. A very mischievous character! cheesy
Substituting between usernames as if Nlanders are daf.t grin undecided
grin grin SMH!!!
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by Katsumoto: 12:59am On Jun 10, 2011
jason123:

Don't mind him. A very mischievous character! cheesy
Substituting between usernames as if Nlanders are daf.t  grin undecided
grin grin SMH!!!

You got the description right. One cant really understand where he stands.

Andre Uweh:

May your days be long. This is the best post I have read here so far.

Of course it would be one of the best posts because it supports PDP's position. Why can't you guys be happy with your choice? Why don't you let others be happy with theirs. Labour and accord will provide opposition to ACN; pdp is out in the SW.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by nedu666: 1:46am On Jun 10, 2011
There are few isues u guys have lost sight of

1. ACN won in the SW because GEJ allowed free elections, imagine what would have happened if ObJ or UMYA were in power

2. Since GEJ allowed ACN to have their way, they had to reciprocate that gesture by supporting him against ribadu

3. ACN decisionto vote for tamba as speaker has notin to do with maturity but rather plan to deal kill of PDP

4. Those calling tinubu leaders of the yorubas need to thread carefully, if tinubu does not respect himself the SW govs will put him where he belongs. Ask orji kalu wat ohakim and theo did to him, ask nwobodo wat namani saw with his eyes, ask adedibu about ladoja, saraki and lawal, ngige and uba, mbadunuju and offor, no gov will play second fiddle to tinubu just because he played a role in getting them elected

5. Those talking about 2015 need to slow down or at least consider a few things what if GEJ chooses to contest and damn the north, what if his VP backs him with a deal to back him when it is his turn, wat if buhari resurfaces, what of atiku, so many what if.

Lastly pls and pls nigerian politicians dont care about u , they are comrades in looting, partying and winning, stop believing everything read in the news thay are not true b4 i fade let me quote ojo madueke

" in politics u must be SEEN to be at the side of the people even if u are not, many people who abuse u in the day time will come in the night to beg u, despite that they will repeat it, u get used to it as it is part of politics u must appear at all times to be with the people.
Re: Senate: ACN Back Akume For Minority Leader Seat by edoyad(m): 1:54am On Jun 10, 2011
Chei ! grin na wa o.
Some of you probably have never seen a Nigerian polling booth before. Some have never seen a Nigerian voters card. Some have never seen what an INEC office looks like. Some have never seen the PdP or ACN Logo. Some don't know what PDP or ACN is acronym for, don't even know write these acronyms down.
But na una go still come here come give us political analysis over matters wey our own hands dey inside o. Na real wa undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Advantages Of National Award!? / How Atiku Is Going To Win The Presidency Across All States / Obaseki In Trouble As INEC Declares Only Oshiomhole Can Submit Candidates’ Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.