Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,960 members, 7,952,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:06 AM

Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West (4790 Views)

See A Ghanaians Surgeon's Epic Reaction After He Was Denied A Spanish Visa / Nigerians Reaction To The 9billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance On Twitter / OMG! This Is Sign That There Will Be War After Election [MUST READ] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by ak47mann(m): 4:45pm On Jun 11, 2011
aribisala0:

dangote pays tax on business done mostly in lagos
ok good creating more jobs for Yorubas and other tribes in Nigeria. Contributing to Lagos state purse.question what have yorubas contributed in Nigeria?
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by aribisala0(m): 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2011
look for the people that usually engage you in that line of thought.not my territory.
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by AndreUweh(m): 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2011
t
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by odumchi: 3:28am On Jun 12, 2011
Musiwa,,:

because you love to cheat us. look at this map. and look at how taxes system work.

You people wrote a taxes system that makes it impossible . look in the last 40 years Igbo and the north have not contribute close to nothing into the system but you keep on asking and taken more than people who contribute .

do you honestly think that is fair.?

See how large the north is. and they do not contribute close to anything to the federal govt revenue for over 40 years. is that fair. You northerners should ask yourself the home truth.
Nobody should be telling northerners to start contributing to the federal govt. they should do that themself. you dont expect for this to continue. nobody is a fool.

My friend you de craze? How dare you say that Igbos contribute nothing to Nigeria? Aniovia uchu Gbkakwa gi. Do you not know that 90 % of Nigerias revenue comes from the East? A large majority of bankers, firm owners, lawyers, entrepreneurs in Nigeria are Igbo. What has the West contributed to Nigeria? If you say Lagos, that is invalid because up to 40% of Lagos is Igbo, and Lagos was built by the many ethnicities of Nigeria not only by the Yoruba. Infect Lagos was originally a Bini town.
I don't want to see this kind of nonsense posting that you're sporting here, please only post the complete truth.

And FYI as EzeUche said, the lands directly west of the Niger and farther East are Igbo, intact Delta state and Rivers state are majority Igbo, only a wonder why they aren't in the SE.
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by Nobody: 3:36am On Jun 12, 2011
odumchi:

My friend you de craze? How dare you say that Igbos contribute nothing to Nigeria? Aniovia uchu Gbkakwa gi. Do you not know that 90 % of Nigerias revenue comes from the East? A large majority of bankers, firm owners, lawyers, entrepreneurs in Nigeria are Igbo. What has the West contributed to Nigeria? If you say Lagos, that is invalid because up to 40% of Lagos is Igbo, and Lagos was built by the many ethnicities of Nigeria not only by the Yoruba. Infect Lagos was originally a Bini town.
I don't want to see this kind of nonsense posting that you're sporting here, please only post the complete truth.

And FYI as EzeUche said, the lands directly west of the Niger and farther East are Igbo, intact Delta state and Rivers state are majority Igbo, only a wonder why they aren't in the SE.

Already been established; "was". The 1800s was a while ago, that's what happens when another group takes over. History, you know, very unfair. Lagos has been a Yoruba state before it became Nigeria's capital.

The Niger is prolly a Yoruba state. Dont sweat it.
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by jason123: 5:49pm On Jun 12, 2011
odumchi:

Ezeuche n You are both daft! What delta state is majority igbo? Are you guys still on this 40% claim of lagos?
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by odumchi: 11:21pm On Jun 12, 2011
[b]Delta State population: 7 million
Delta State Igbo Population: 4 million (broken up into 3 million Anioma, 1 million others some hailing from Anambra)

Please sir use your brain. Unlike Yorubas and Hausas, you will find a substantial Igbo population in every major town across Nigeria. If you come to Igboland, young men and women are rushed out of the villages and to the various cities which are sites of potential work.

I met some people from Gambia and Cote d' Ivoire and once I told them I was from Nigeria they asked "Are you Igbo?"
After telling them I was, they said they'd Been to Lagos and proceeded speaking the bits of Igbo they had picked up there such as "Chineke" and etc.
If Lagos's population is truly 15 million, then that leaves 6 million Igbos living in Lagos city. Lagos is also the second home of Nollywood which is run overwhelmingly by Igbos, so it only makes sense.
Igbos are also the second largest ethnic group in Lagos city second only to indigenous Yoruba. But I'd say the percentage ranges from 20-40% making anywhere from 3million-6million Living in Lagos. [/b]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Called For Total Sharia In Nigeria In 2001 / Goodluck Jonathan Has Lost AIT,Saharareporters And Nairaland Presidential Polls / Obasanjo, Yar’adua, Jonathan Ruined Power Sector – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.