Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,080 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:53 AM

Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West (4798 Views)

See A Ghanaians Surgeon's Epic Reaction After He Was Denied A Spanish Visa / Nigerians Reaction To The 9billion Naira Wardrobe Allowance On Twitter / OMG! This Is Sign That There Will Be War After Election [MUST READ] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by aribisala0(m): 9:29pm On Jun 09, 2011
unimaginative
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by Onlytruth(m): 9:41pm On Jun 09, 2011
al harem,

Why are you still claiming to be anything other than a THOROUGHBRED Yorubaman (nothing to be ashamed of about that). undecided

Please "come out"!  cool
Nigeria is already too confusing as is; why add to the confusion.  undecided cry embarassed

If you are a friend of Nigeria in any way, please stop changing colors faster than a chameleon. angry
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by aljharem(m): 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2011
Onlytruth:

al harem,

Why are you still claiming to be anything other than a THOROUGHBRED Yoruland man (nothing to be ashamed of about that). undecided

Please "come out"! cool
Nigeria is already too confusing as is; why add to the confusion. undecided cry embarassed

If you are a friend of Nigeria in any way, please stop changing colors faster than a chameleon. angry

what are u chatting about

why are u forcing yoruba on me

why angry
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by Onlytruth(m): 10:04pm On Jun 09, 2011
^

Stop changing colors! angry
Walahi if any of these moderators have brain at all, they would have banned you a long time ago.
You add nothing and contribute nothing to the Nigeria debate.

Everyone knows where I stand on Nigerian issues -solve the national question or divide. Simple.

Where do you stand?
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by aljharem(m): 10:09pm On Jun 09, 2011
Onlytruth:

^

Stop changing colors! angry
Walahi if any of these moderators have brain at all, they would have banned you a long time ago.
You add nothing and contribute nothing to the Nigeria debate.

Everyone knows where I stand on Nigerian issues -solve the national question or divide. Simple.

Where do you stand
?

chai!!!! see my blood brother angry at his older brother, angry

i guess where i stand on nigeria issues is very clear

1 arrest all corrupt office holders and stop corruption in nigeria

2 regional government where each region controls his region (3 regions)

3 nigeria should remain as 1 but if a particular section want to go, pls by all means go but dont invade or take with is not theirs
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by mithel(m): 10:16pm On Jun 09, 2011
EzeUche!:

Just because politicians from the SW squandered their chance to bring development to their region when they were at the center of power, does not mean other groups will choose that same fate. Their leaders are known to amass huge wealth while they are in politics. Look at Bankole, Obasanjo and now Emperor Tinubu.

i thought you have changed for good,aparently not.

Well,as you have rightly pointed out,our OBJ n bankole being from the SW didnt make us gain anything(and it isnt as if i was expecting anything special cos they are yoruba,because i look at merit,nt ethnicity),

but have the other regions who have had leaders in top positions gained anything at all?are the roads in the north paved in gold,is there 24hrs electricity,are their hospitals world class?you have just decided to be economical with the truth,WHAT EXACTLY DOES DO REGIONS GAIN BY HAVING POSITIONS APART FROM THE JUST MERE NONSENSICAL BRAGGING,
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by Onlytruth(m): 10:17pm On Jun 09, 2011
Posted by: alj harem

chai!!!!  see my blood brother angry at his older brother,  Angry

i guess where i stand on nigeria issues is very clear

1 arrest all corrupt office holders and stop corruption in nigeria

2 regional government where each region controls his region (3 regions)

3 nigeria should remain as 1 but if a particular section want to go, pls by all means go but dont invade or take with is not theirs

Quite refreshing to know you stand for these!  cheesy

Lets just say that item number 3 above is mute if you accept there are really 3 regions in Nigeria.
Nothing changes this fact.

Item number 1 above is not achievable without achieving 2 and 3 below it.  cool
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by EzeUche1(m): 10:22pm On Jun 09, 2011
mithel:

i thought you have changed for good,aparently not.

Well,as you have rightly pointed out,our OBJ n bankole being from the SW didnt make us gain anything(and it isnt as if i was expecting anything special cos they are yoruba,because i look at merit,nt ethnicity),

but have the other regions who have had leaders in top positions gained anything at all?are the roads in the north paved in gold,is there 24hrs electricity,are their hospitals world class?you have just decided to be economical with the truth,WHAT EXACTLY DOES DO REGIONS GAIN BY HAVING POSITIONS APART FROM THE JUST MERE NONSENSICAL BRAGGING,

My advice to you is to travel up North and look at the roads compared to the roads in the South and you will know answer. Even though the Northerners are quite poor, the level of infrastructure in that region is actually very impressive. The emirs and the Northern elite may not like to educate the masses, but they definitely like to improve the infrastructure in their region.

The former Eastern region hasn't really had many central positions to direct development of our region, therefore it makes no sense to mention the region.
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by aljharem(m): 10:29pm On Jun 09, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: alj harem
Quite refreshing to know you stand for these!  cheesy

Lets just say that item number 3 above is mute if you accept there are really 3 regions in Nigeria.
Nothing changes this fact.

Item number 1 above is not achievable without achieving 2 and 3 below it.  cool

ture talk

how is mumsi and my other brothers na ? smiley
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by 2n2k(m): 11:07pm On Jun 09, 2011
EzeUche!:

My advice to you is to travel up North and look at the roads compared to the roads in the South and you will know answer. Even though the Northerners are quite poor, the level of infrastructure in that region is actually very impressive. The emirs and the Northern elite may not like to educate the masses, but they definitely like to improve the infrastructure in their region.

The former Eastern region hasn't really had many central positions to direct development of our region, therefore it makes no sense to mention the region.

Eastern region was
no 1, 3 & 4 (president, senate president and speaker in 1960 - 1966
no 1 in 1966
no 0 1967 - 1979
no 2, 3(?) and 4 in 1979 -1983
no 2 in 1985 -1987
no 0 1987 - 1999
no 3 in 1999 - 2007
no 5 in 2007 -2011

Western region was
no 0 1960 - 1966
no 2 1966
no 0 1966 - 1975
no 2 1975 - 1976
no 1 1976 - 1979
no 0 1979 - 1993
no 1 1993
no 2 1993 - 1997
no 1 1999 - 2007
no 4 2007 -2011

Both regions have had their fair share of being in and out leadership position

The north 'impressive' state of roads is due to
favourable weather - less rain than south, thus less deterioratioon and therefore less maintenance
Less interstate traffic compared to south
Not many towns that require paved roads inter connection unlike in the south
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by marvel4ben: 11:10pm On Jun 09, 2011
I dont know why some yoruba son and daughter are not thinking deeply before they pass comment. if your son or daughter is the chairman of a company even though when you are not benefiting from him/her as @ that time,the pride will still be their for you that your son or daughter id the CEO of that company, moreover if obasanjo and Bankole did not do anything for yorubas does that mean the yorubas sholud not have a share when it comes to national position?, does it mean the rest of the yorubas will behave the way obasanjo and bankole does??let me tell you the truth the northern leaders have seen the yorubas as the only obstacle on their way that can stop them from dictacting the affairs of the nation in future, That is why they want to send us packing from the main stream politics, so that when you are not there,you would'nt know what they said untill they tell you what they want you to know, i think it is time for the yorubas to go back to the main stream of Nigeria politics, cos tomorrow may be an opportunity for both me and you, if not our future is politically bleaking!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by TheRock2(m): 11:36pm On Jun 09, 2011
I don't see the power structure in Nigeria, as it is now, as marginalization; it is an excision of the Yoruba nation from Nigeria because it was involuntary.
To sustain Nigeria, every part of the country must have its own share and representation which the constitution recognized as the federal character principle.
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by emmatok(m): 12:14am On Jun 10, 2011
marvel4ben:

I dont know why some yoruba son and daughter are not thinking deeply before they pass comment. if your son or daughter is the chairman of a company even though when you are not benefiting from him/her as @ that time,the pride will still be their for you that your son or daughter id the CEO of that company, moreover if obasanjo and Bankole did not do anything for yorubas does that mean the yorubas sholud not have a share when it comes to national position?, does it mean the rest of the yorubas will behave the way obasanjo and bankole does??let me tell you the truth the northern leaders have seen the yorubas as the only obstacle on their way that can stop them from dictacting the affairs of the nation in future, That is why they want to send us packing from the main stream politics, so that when you are not there,you would'nt know what they said untill they tell you what they want you to know, i think it is time for the yorubas to go back to the main stream of Nigeria politics, cos tomorrow may be an opportunity for both me and you, if not our future is politically bleaking!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Oga, are you a Yoruba man?

Why are you so concern about the position and not the achievements.

Let the Yoruba's take care of their people, it is part of true federalism.

We are not running a UNITARY GOVT IN NIGERIA.
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by ak47mann(m): 12:36am On Jun 10, 2011
look  Nigeria got only 3 regions but S/W and northerners brought divide and conquer tactics but my people are getting wiser they now know that they were dancing the wrong music. people like major general chukwuma nzeokwu which you people hate with passion cus of him the whole igbo tribe was getting it sad at the same time you will say his not igbo am confuse undecided undecided undecided or is it them that are confused. And now his brother GEAJ have repeated  the same thing again look at his govt top positions other groups got juicy positions only S/Wcry cry again they will blame igbos because his ebele Azikiwe cry AM TIRED
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by aloyemeka1: 12:40am On Jun 10, 2011
ak47mann:

look  Nigeria got only 3 regions but S/W and northerners brought divide and conquer tactics but my people are getting wiser they now know that they were dancing the wrong music. people like major general chukwuma nzeokwu which you people hate with passion cus of him the whole igbo tribe was getting it sad at the same time you will say his not igbo am confuse undecided undecided undecided or is it them that are confused. And now his brother GEAJ have repeated  the same thing again look at his govt top positions other groups got juicy positions only S/Wcry cry again they will blame igbos because his ebele Azikiwe cry AM TIRED

Shut up, GEJ is undercover-Igbo.
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by ak47mann(m): 12:43am On Jun 10, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Shut up, GEJ is undercover-Igbo.
ssshhhhhhh dont let them know we want peace pls cheesy
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by http(m): 2:14am On Jun 10, 2011
I don't know what all this noise is all about, the we Yoruba are not interested in the so call marginalisation cos we are not cry babies.

Obj, Bankola, Etteh et all did not benefit the Yorubas when they were there, they only serve their pocket and families. angry

The Yorubas believe in Personal achievement and strive for independence and work towards their future not relying on who is in power or not.

I don't care who is in power as long as the person serve Nigeria well, pls leave all these ethnic bigotry and political owambe grin you guys are crying on, we Yorubas are not clamouring for all this rubbish, we are developing our region not waiting for someone in Abuja to help us out.

We are too busy to care abpout who is at the center pls cool
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by islamrules(m): 7:46am On Jun 10, 2011
I am a Yoruba man, I dont care who rules this country. Our past leaders impated nothing on us.
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by Demdem(m): 7:49am On Jun 10, 2011
EzeUche!:

Just because politicians from the SW squandered their chance to bring development to their region when they were at the center of power, does not mean other groups will choose that same fate. Their leaders are known to amass huge wealth while they are in politics. Look at Bankole, Obasanjo and now Emperor Tinubu.

Ok, starting with  the late Enwerem, late Okadigbo, Pius Anyim, Ekeremadu etc can you kindly highlight the developments these chaps were able to bring to their region as a result of being at the center of power?

Its high time you guys appreciate the fact that as far as PDP is concerned, the priority goes thus:
Themselves, Family and friends, The Party and finally the populace
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by olapluto(m): 8:05am On Jun 10, 2011
Any Yoruba that feels marginalised is certainly a lazy type. The earlier people realise that a Yooba nation which doesnt depend so much on the FG is the best for us, the better. It may look challenging, but it will always end up in goodies for the people because we will learn(have actually learnt) to generate resources for ourselves and not depend so much on the FG. I'm praying that one day, political jobs in the center will become less attractive to the Yoruba nation so that we can use our 'opolo' to fight for our survival. Let those who want to milk Nigeria continue milking while we grow thick skins and develop more independent revenue generation.
On a more political tone, its even better Yoruba has nothing in top 5 now. When we present 'Prince' Fashola, then the zoning agitators will certainly have nothing to talk about then. Lets kill zoning now and then fight the battle with bare popularity. A trap set, people fell in, waiting to go collect the prey. Long live Jagabon Borgu
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by Desola(f): 9:22am On Jun 10, 2011
Ola_pluto,

Ori e pe ju!

I couldn't have said it better.
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 10, 2011
As far as I am concerned, Nigeria can/will never have true democracy/politics except for one based on tribalism/ethnicism which is unhealthy for the development of any country. As far as I am concerned, in the next 100years, Nigerian political setting would still remain the same as it was since the 1st republic, based on tribe - I pray and hope this forced entity called Nigeria would loosen up and each region can exist on its own. I'm so sick and tired of this Northern 'hegemony'.
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by fadhill: 11:15am On Jun 10, 2011
SW/Yoruba region was

Number 0 in 1960 - 1966

Number 0 1966 - 1975

Development highlights the years above.

The Action Group, from 1951 had demonstrated itself to be a party with sophisticated party ideology and political governance. It was a political party with demonstrable commitment to the welfare of the people. It was a party committed to the provision of basic education, quality health care service, integrated rural development and provision of infrastructure. It was the AG government that fully funded free and compulsory primary education when the other regions still shut the doors of knowledge against their people. It was the AG government that established the first television station, the first radio station and the Liberty Stadium, Ibadan. The first skyscrapper in tropical Africa.The AG also produced the first regional government that loaned the central government of Alhaji Tafawa Balewa seven million pounds. The AG government invested in agriculture and used the proceeds thereof to build the magnificent Cocoa House, Ibadan. Under Awo, the South-West was the food basket of the country. The Awolowo government was also responsible for the establishment of industrial estates in Ikeja, Badagry and Epe. The AG government led by Awolowo also established the prestigious University of Ife now called Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. The university was established as a model African university under the effective leadership of Prof. Oladele Ajose and Prof. Ezekiah Oluwasanmi.

What was other regions achievement that goes at par or closer, SE/SS/North in those days.
Debunk the above claims.

If you can't as you hardly can.

Number 0 2011 - 2015.

Why are the Ibos crying for us instead of crying for their future in the enclave of geographical entitiy called Nigerai?

History repeat itseft because people fail to learn from History.

Just take heed as we are on the Match Again.
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by Reference(m): 11:29am On Jun 10, 2011
The way this political pendulum is swinging so wildly these days it can make one dizzy. Do people want to get closer or further away from the centre, yes or no. I don't get it.
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by aribisala0(m): 12:19pm On Jun 10, 2011
if we leave appointments to one side for a mo.

what really is the role of the FG

do we need such a powerful center

my point is even the best president and NASS can only do so much for people in malumfashi,nnewi or ikot abasi.

more importantly though the FG appears unaccountable to anyone.

i would like to see the fg focus on security foreign affairs and not building roads/houses,schools or hospital.

what was the benefit of all those cars bought for legislators and the cost of running the federal goernment.

sadly nigerians seem to be victims of Stockholm syndrome telling our leaders they need to bleep us harder
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by ak47mann(m): 2:41pm On Jun 11, 2011
Musiwa,,:

i know you people pretending to be yorubas are igbos. you can not continue to cheat people. i dont know heartless you people can be. You are heartless people.
HOW
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by EzeUche1(m): 3:46pm On Jun 11, 2011
Musiwa what have I told you about claiming areas East of the River Niger? That is the Igbo's domain! angry
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by ak47mann(m): 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2011
norhterners contributed in nigerian economy we have tomatoes ground nut cows goat gworo etc we feed nigeria angry
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by aribisala0(m): 4:25pm On Jun 11, 2011
you [b]sell [/b]your tomatoes in nigeria they are not appropriated by the state. do you pay tax on the proeeds
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by ak47mann(m): 4:31pm On Jun 11, 2011
Musiwa,,:

nobody pay taxes on totamoes on nigeria
northerners do not contribute anything into the federal govt revenue but they take over 70% of the federal govt revenue. Is that fair system. the one that contribute 0% takes 70% . Is that a fair system .

You see you only ask for war , if that continue.

the issue is nigeria cant not have the oil revenue and taxes at the same time. so the only way to make the north and igbos pay taxes is to change taxes law that says only state can collect taxes. that way northerners and igbo will pay.

but [b]northerners and igbo at the moment do not want to pay tax. if their state is the one collecting it. they will pay.
[/b]says who people like dancote and co they pay more tax compare what Yorubas are contributing in Nigerian purse 2day
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by aribisala0(m): 4:32pm On Jun 11, 2011
ungrateful lot we are korean business men go to bed at nite and wake up every day thinking how to feed us and what do they get in return? abuse.
africans!!!
Re: Nigerians Reaction After Election On The South West by aribisala0(m): 4:33pm On Jun 11, 2011
dangote pays tax on business done mostly in lagos

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Taraba Governor Danbaba Suntai Reportedly Brain-Damaged / EFCC's Budget Slashed: Good Or Bad Sign? / HORROR: Boko Haram Shoots Nigerian Army Brigade Commander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.