Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,416 members, 7,839,798 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

Why Do Nigerians Adapt So Quickly To Suffering And Even Vote For More Suffering? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerians Adapt So Quickly To Suffering And Even Vote For More Suffering? (417 Views)

There Is Far More Suffering In Southwest Outside Lagos Than Southeast / Because Of Endsar Protest More Suffering And No Christmas Party For All Of You / Buhari’s Re-election Will Bring More Suffering – Obasanjo Warns Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Adapt So Quickly To Suffering And Even Vote For More Suffering? by VaselineCrew: 4:03pm On Nov 22, 2021
Isn’t it funny that a people that don’t even have ordinary water running into their homes, are always hailing the most vile and corrupt politicians?

I just wonder, is it that some Nigerians have lost all hope in seeing a good country that at least can give them WATER? Maybe good roads with covered drainages?

How can it be that a country like Afghanistan would have better roads than most places in Nigeria? Are we at war in every state?

I don’t understand the zeal with which a Nigerian that probably hasn’t eaten well, has no water, no light... will come out and be campaigning for evil politicians who neither know nor care about their existence.

Let me ask you guys a question. Can you be the generation that makes Nigeria proud?

Can you be the generation that provides pipeborne water to your black brothers? That provides them with electricity and good roads?

Or are you just waiting to queue behind another demon like a Tinubu or Atiku, because you have lost hope?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Adapt So Quickly To Suffering And Even Vote For More Suffering? by VaselineCrew: 4:10pm On Nov 22, 2021
People might shrug my post off, but there is no hiding the truth.

Ask yourself a simple question - how do I get my water?

Do I have to buy water?

Did I dig a bore hole?

Ask yourself this question and be honest with yourself.

Then ask yourself why your country or state hasn’t provided water for you since the date of your birth.

Then ask yourself if this is the legacy of a country you will like to leave to your children, nieces, nephews or even the unrelated young ones.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Adapt So Quickly To Suffering And Even Vote For More Suffering? by VaselineCrew: 4:27pm On Nov 22, 2021
For too long, this country has been ruled by demonic entities in human forms, encouraged by the naive, ignorant masses, sometimes due to tribal leanings.

They know what to do to bring joy to the masses but they never do these things.

Simple problems with simple solutions are left to decay and decay and then decay some more.

For example, a dead body could be on the street but the police or fire services would first allow the body to spend days at the same spot. Why can’t the body be moved immediately? Would accomplishing such a task require billions?

Another simple problem - a danfo bus runs a traffic light in the full view of a squad of police officers, but instead of the police officers to chase after the bus, they rather randomly stop a nice car that HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG, to start asking for papers. So once again, a simple problem is left to go unattended.

What happens when you allow all these simple problems pile up without solving them, well you have Nigeria!!

It’s like when you were given a simple homework in school, but procrastinated and started rushing it in the last minute. Most times during the rush to get the work done, you require that it was actually quite simple, if only you had “More Time”, which obviously you did.

I wonder sometimes if I’m one of the only few people that wants a great Black Country. Really am I the only one?

Am I the only one that wants a Harvard grad as governor and president? Someone that will give account of every naira spent down to the kobo?

I guess the only option for some of us would be to leave this country for greener pastures, but it’s just sad that every election, when Nigerians should think deep and remember all they have suffered, they instead fall again and again and again into the same evil grips of corrupt politicians that they know will fail them.

I am no prophet of doom, but I can tel you with a 100% certainty that a Tinubu or Atiku will fail. Come 2027, Nigeria will be much worse under any of these guys. But Nigerians will still troop out en mass to vote for these same known corrupt politicians. You know deep down that it will be a wasted 4 years for the country, but you don’t care, you will say, let’s waste it, gosh!

Whites used to refer to blacks as half a man, not fully developed, a race stuck in the evolutionary process, but how do we blacks respond?

I tell you how, we can’t even get water to houses in 2021. So can you really pump your chest and say boldly that Nigerians aren’t less than human? Can you really say that?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Adapt So Quickly To Suffering And Even Vote For More Suffering? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 22, 2021
Two ways of looking at it

1.Nigerian politics isn't about the development of Nigeria, or even the development of your local village. It is basically a game of which side wins. So that you...from the rich to the poor...fall on the winning side...and chop money.

2.On the other hand, we don't have enough water supply because we don't pay the kind of taxes or rates that can enable our water boards to afford modern facilities and equipment for us to have affordable water. We don't pay things like council tax. Everything is subsidised, meaning in practice that there is limited money to make improvements. Our tax to gdp ratio is 6.1%...lower than that seen in countries like the UK (33.0%) and France (46%)..plus we have a lower GDP because we rely less on production and more on selling raw materials whose prices we do not control

To use an example...private universities in Nigeria have better accommodation facilities than public universites because of higher fees.

(Yes, I know we are 'poor' but the truth is, if you want better water supply, you have to pay the kind of money needed for better water supply...because pipes, modern equipment, etc won't pay for themselves at all.)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Adapt So Quickly To Suffering And Even Vote For More Suffering? by VaselineCrew: 4:33pm On Nov 22, 2021
backbencher:

1.Nigerian politics isn't about the development of Nigeria, or even the development of your local village. It is basically a game of which side wins. So that you...from the rich to the poor...fall on the winning side...and chop money.

2.On the other hand, we don't have enough water supply because we don't pay the kind of taxes or rates that can enable our water boards to afford modern facilities and equipment for us to have affordable water. We don't pay things like council tax. Everything is subsidised, meaning in practice that there is limited money to make improvements. Our tax to gdp ratio is 6.1%...lower than that seen in countries like the UK (33.0%) and France (46%)..plus we have a lower GDP because we rely less on production and more on selling raw materials whose prices we do not control

To use an example...private universities in Nigeria have better accommodation facilities than public universites because of higher fees.

(Yes, I know we are 'poor' but the truth is, if you want better water supply, you have to pay the kind of money needed for better water supply...because pipes, modern equipment, etc won't pay for themselves at all.)

Valid points, but remember, most problems have solutions.

Also getting water should be dirt cheap. Even in Dallas, my water bill at the time was like 15 dollars a month.

So I don’t really believe cost is a huge impediment to getting piped water out to the masses, plus if you can’t afford the service, you simply would be cut off, so there is practically no excuse.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Adapt So Quickly To Suffering And Even Vote For More Suffering? by Lionnation: 5:43pm On Nov 22, 2021
A black man has a brain of fowl, including you know this and know peace
Re: Why Do Nigerians Adapt So Quickly To Suffering And Even Vote For More Suffering? by Karlovych: 5:46pm On Nov 22, 2021
embarassed The west are currently packaging a cocaine addict that will lead the greatest Fulani conquest against his people, despite knowing that some of their people are currently learning French I'm Benin Republic due to his incompetence.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Adapt So Quickly To Suffering And Even Vote For More Suffering? by babasolution: 6:38pm On Nov 22, 2021
I gave up on Nigerians in 2019,now I do not care anymore,they should do whatever they like,if they like they should vote in a goat to rule them,Na dem sabi

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Adapt So Quickly To Suffering And Even Vote For More Suffering? by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:09pm On Nov 22, 2021
backbencher:

Dey don come with excuses!
Is that also why no refinery is currently working?
The guy is trying to wake people up, but there are always people like you that have ready made excuses,
As long as politicians know there are people like you, Nigeria will be going about in circles!
Re: Why Do Nigerians Adapt So Quickly To Suffering And Even Vote For More Suffering? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 22, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Dey don come with excuses!
Is that also why no refinery is currently working?
The guy is trying to wake people up, but there are always people like you that have ready made excuses,
As long as politicians know there are people like you, Nigeria will be going about in circles!

Well, there is a reason why private universities are better in housing facilities than public universities. The fees are higher so the private university can afford better.

Simple.

Nigeria runs an economy that doesn't earn enough money. Because we rely on oil that don't have a stable price and the price never favours us

That's why we need a side hustle as a nation , not another oil well. And the best side hustle fr me is industrial development

P.s I went to a private school for primary school and got all the books and materials and a chair and desk from the school because we paid high fees. Then I went to a government secondary school where the fees were low and I had to buy exercise books , textbooks, writing materials and chair and desk because low fees meant that school could not provide all that stuff.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Adapt So Quickly To Suffering And Even Vote For More Suffering? by Ogbuefi2020: 8:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
Only igbos kicked against bad leaders, igbos have been finishing OUK on Facebook but if they criticize tinubu Yoruba will call it hate
Re: Why Do Nigerians Adapt So Quickly To Suffering And Even Vote For More Suffering? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 22, 2021
Exactly what I was thinking when Ndi Abia voted for kerosene governor angry
Re: Why Do Nigerians Adapt So Quickly To Suffering And Even Vote For More Suffering? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2021
Ogbuefi2020:
Only igbos kicked against bad leaders, igbos have been finishing OUK on Facebook but if they criticize tinubu Yoruba will call it hate

Why will you abuse Tinubu? He is not the cause of the woes rampaging south east.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Adapt So Quickly To Suffering And Even Vote For More Suffering? by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:24am On Nov 23, 2021
backbencher:

Well, there is a reason why private universities are better in housing facilities than public universities. The fees are higher so the private university can afford better.

Simple.

Nigeria runs an economy that doesn't earn enough money. Because we rely on oil that don't have a stable price and the price never favours us

That's why we need a side hustle as a nation , not another oil well. And the best side hustle fr me is industrial development

P.s I went to a private school for primary school and got all the books and materials and a chair and desk from the school because we paid high fees. Then I went to a government secondary school where the fees were low and I had to buy exercise books , textbooks, writing materials and chair and desk because low fees meant that school could not provide all that stuff.

95% of politicians attended public schools!
But almost zero send their children there,
I attended a government school and my best friend was the son of a general, something you can never see again,
Again I ask you, is it because of tax that no refinery is currently working? Or why you can barely find good roads?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Adapt So Quickly To Suffering And Even Vote For More Suffering? by Grace001: 5:26am On Nov 23, 2021
Nigerians have a coping mechanism which help them to adapt to a new level of hardship, suffering and pain.

Even their oppressors know these, that’s why they inflict pain, hardship and suffering on them without remorse
Re: Why Do Nigerians Adapt So Quickly To Suffering And Even Vote For More Suffering? by Nobody: 6:06am On Nov 23, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Again I ask you, is it because of tax that no refinery is currently working? Or why you can barely find good roads?

1.Nigeria has a tax to gdp ratio of 6.1% and we also removed road toll gates...hence we have bad roads. And yes corruption is part of the problem.

The low IGR is one of the things this government ran on in 2015 and has failed spectacularly on.

Keep in mind I am not excusing corruption as you seem to think. I am pointing out that we aren't earning enough money to fix things to begin with...then the corruption make matter worse.

2.As for refineries....when you sell petrol below the production price, there isn't enough of a profit to run refineries properly. That's why they don't work.

Niger has a working refinery because they sell petrol at market price, and thus they can work...and export it well well.

Which is why subsidy has to go.

(P.S I am not in government, and this is my opinion., and has been for the last 11 years).
Re: Why Do Nigerians Adapt So Quickly To Suffering And Even Vote For More Suffering? by mmanwuijele: 8:00am On Nov 23, 2021
Dude, I don't know how far you're into this journey, but don't waste your time.

With everything I'm worth, I say this.

From now to the end of time, so far as "Nigeria" exists as a country, it will not get better.

Millions of people have died in the hands of this unjust contraption, hundreds of million have been displaced or had their lives significantly changed.

The ferocity in which Biafra will develop will shock the world. We have people even willing to work for free..

Chai. Nigeria has done evil. Woe to that country.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Adapt So Quickly To Suffering And Even Vote For More Suffering? by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:45am On Nov 23, 2021
backbencher:

1.Nigeria has a tax to gdp ratio of 6.1% and we also removed road toll gates...hence we have bad roads. And yes corruption is part of the problem.

The low IGR is one of the things this government ran on in 2015 and has failed spectacularly on.

Keep in mind I am not excusing corruption as you seem to think. I am pointing out that we aren't earning enough money to fix things to begin with...then the corruption make matter worse.

2.As for refineries....when you sell petrol below the production price, there isn't enough of a profit to run refineries properly. That's why they don't work.

Niger has a working refinery because they sell petrol at market price, and thus they can work...and export it well well.

Which is why subsidy has to go.

(P.S I am not in government, and this is my opinion., and has been for the last 11 years).

Nigeria doesn't have money to fix refineries, but NNPC is using 30% of profits to look for more oil!

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The New Shadow Of Buhari At NEMA / Is This True About Jigawa State? / Governor Ikpeazu The Pacesetter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.