Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,067 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' (25507 Views)

We Were Beaten At APC Convention, Our Phones Stolen – Foreign Delegates / Oladiran Oladokun: Fulani Seized Our Farms, Killed, Raped, Kidnapped Us In Oyo / Osun Rerun: Voters Intimidated, Harassed-US, EU, UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by iwaeda: 9:29am On Nov 23, 2021
POLICE BRUTALITY (Will it ever end)
This Morning heading to Ikeja with my brother and his wife to meet up with our visa appointment, on getting to the road that connects third mainland bridge through Osborne, we saw people scatter round the road,
1/
#EndSARS
#EndPoliceBrutality

An unbranded Vehicle (Korope) was used to block the road. I told my brother to be careful incase they were Armed Robbers (which turns out true, only this time, they wore uniform, empowered Criminals) so we don't just run into their trap.
2/
#EndSARS #EndPoliceBrutality

We got to them, stopped after noticing they were police men, they asked for vehicle particular and we gave them, asked for his drivers license and we gave them, then they asked my brother's wife to get down from they car, and that my brother should hand over his keys 3/
#Endsars
Ah hand over keys ke�� Why do you need our car key and why should my brother's wife leave the front seat for you? Why do you even want to enter the car, is it your car? Omo the next thing one of them snatch my brother's phone? Ah this people mean business o
4/
#EndSARS

At that point, I had started recording with my phone, and they same guy that collected my brother's phone started moving close to me I noticed he was trying to snatch my phone too so I was carefully avoiding him, and boom they tried pinning me to the 5/
#EndPoliceBrutality

Ground, I quickly passed my phone to my brother's wife, the dragging continue and they were very particular about getting the keys from us. Took all our phones they could lay hands on, Took turns to hit me, tore all my clothes. Some guys saw what was happening,
6/
#EndSARS

Stopped their car on the other side of the road and started recording, when the noticed that they were external people recording them, they started shooting. On noticing that we did not even flinch, one of them started begging us, told us we can go. 7/
#EndPoliceBrutality

Go? Like seriously? without our phones? No sir, we must get our phones, all our phones.
It's sad that we keep seeing a repeat of the very brutality we've been fighting against every time. Men of the Nigerian Police Force are never tired of constantly extorting 8/
#EndSARS

When they noticed that we and the Guys who stopped to record weren't backing out, they ran into their vehicle and sped off. I don't even feel safe anymore in my own country ���
9/

We run from Armed Robbers and Kidnappers and we should be running from Police men too? @PoliceNG when will all this Harrasment end?
At what point will we start feeling safe in our own country?
Shout out to the Young men who stopped to record what was happening, 10/
#EndSARS

Your courage saved us tonight, because I'm not sure what those people's plan was actually. Thank you for standing in Solidarity with us. We move✊✊�✊�✊�✊�11/11
#Endsars #EndPoliceBrutality
@Morris_Monye @DavidHundeyin @_SirWilliam_ @SavvyRinu @von_Bismack @AbdulMahmud01

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by vanbonattel: 9:30am On Nov 23, 2021
Nigerian police force is a criminal organisation - Canadian government.

231 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by Fahdiga(m): 9:30am On Nov 23, 2021
The world worst police force in action

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by Fahdiga(m): 9:33am On Nov 23, 2021
iwaeda:
This Morning heading to Ikeja with my brother and his wife to meet up with our visa appointment, on getting to the road that connects third mainland bridge through Osborne, we saw people scatter round the road,
1/
#EndSARS
#EndPoliceBrutality

An unbranded Vehicle (Korope) was used to block the road. I told my brother to be careful incase they were Armed Robbers (which turns out true, only this time, they wore uniform, empowered Criminals) so we don't just run into their trap.
2/

Sorry you have to experience this from theives in uniform. I pray your visa works out so that you can leave this shit hole

118 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by Baawaa(m): 9:35am On Nov 23, 2021
Majority of those men in black are cursed

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by iwaeda: 9:43am On Nov 23, 2021
Fahdiga:
Sorry you have to experience this from theives in uniform. I pray your visa works out so that you can leave this shit hole

Police brutality is never ending.
Yet some youth will come here to defend them.

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by Maxymilliano(m): 9:45am On Nov 23, 2021
The story looks embellished to garner sympathy ..

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by iwaeda: 9:46am On Nov 23, 2021
Maxymilliano:

Watch the whole video. You people sah!

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by iwaeda: 10:01am On Nov 23, 2021
Nigeria, criminals everywhere. Abuja-Kaduna not safe, now turning 3rd Mainland bridge to no go area in the morning.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by FarahAideed: 10:02am On Nov 23, 2021
This one is spiritual attack ..most of you are not discerning enough

5 Likes

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by iwaeda: 10:07am On Nov 23, 2021
FarahAideed:
This one is spiritual attack ..most of you are not discerning enough

One of the police even had hammer in his hand, from the video.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by mightyokwy(m): 10:10am On Nov 23, 2021
iwaeda:
1/
#EndSARS
#EndPoliceBrutality

2/

We got to them, stopped after noticing they were police men, they asked for vehicle particular and we gave them, asked for his drivers license and we gave them, then they asked my brother's wife to get down from they car, and that my brother should hand over his keys 3/
#Endsars
Ah hand over keys ke�� Why do you need our car key and why should my brother's wife leave the front seat for you? Why do you even want to enter the car, is it your car? Omo the next thing one of them snatch my brother's phone? Ah this people mean business o
4/
#EndSARS

At that point, I had started recording with my phone, and they same guy that collected my brother's phone started moving close to me I noticed he was trying to snatch my phone too so I was carefully avoiding him, and boom they tried pinning me to the 5/
#EndPoliceBrutality

Ground, I quickly passed my phone to my brother's wife, the dragging continue and they were very particular about getting the keys from us. Took all our phones they could lay hands on, Took turns to hit me, tore all my clothes. Some guys saw what was happening,
6/
#EndSARS

Stopped their car on the other side of the road and started recording, when the noticed that they were external people recording them, they started shooting. On noticing that we did not even flinch, one of them started begging us, told us we can go. 7/
#EndPoliceBrutality

Go? Like seriously? without our phones? No sir, we must get our phones, all our phones.
It's sad that we keep seeing a repeat of the very brutality we've been fighting against every time. Men of the Nigerian Police Force are never tired of constantly extorting 8/
#EndSARS

When they noticed that we and the Guys who stopped to record weren't backing out, they ran into their vehicle and sped off. I don't even feel safe anymore in my own country ���
9/

We run from Armed Robbers and Kidnappers and we should be running from Police men too? @PoliceNG when will all this Harrasment end?
At what point will we start feeling safe in our own country?
Shout out to the Young men who stopped to record what was happening, 10/
#EndSARS

Your courage saved us tonight, because I'm not sure what those people's plan was actually. Thank you for standing in Solidarity with us. We move✊✊�✊�✊�✊�11/11
#Endsars #EndPoliceBrutality
@Morris_Monye @DavidHundeyin @_SirWilliam_ @SavvyRinu @von_Bismack @AbdulMahmud01

Nigerian police is menace that has refused to go away.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by FarahAideed: 10:13am On Nov 23, 2021
iwaeda:

One of the police even had hammer in his hand, from the video.

I am telling you .. Anytime you are going for a life changing thing you need to pray ...All this was just to mess up their VISA appointment and probably take a life ...I heard one policeman there saying " this man need to die" shocked

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by iwaeda: 10:20am On Nov 23, 2021
FarahAideed:

I am telling you .. Anytime you are going for a life changing thing you need to pray ...All this was just to mess up their VISA appointment and probably take a life ...I heard one policeman there saying " this man need to die" shocked

These are people we buy guns for to protect us. Thank God they were not shot and labelled armed robbers.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by Fejoku: 10:39am On Nov 23, 2021
Fight for your freedom or die like a slave in your own land.
#E go reach everybody#

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by iwaeda: 11:04am On Nov 23, 2021
Fejoku:
Fight for your freedom or die like a slave in your own land.
#E go reach everybody#

True talk!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 23, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Have you seen the video at all?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by iwaeda: 11:33am On Nov 23, 2021
Dominique I saw you angry angry angry Longest time!
Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by iwaeda: 11:35am On Nov 23, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Have you seen the video at all?
They are doing what they are paid for, watered everything perceived to be anti government. It is a cycle, I saw Aisha Yesufu 'parraing' in a video. It will go round.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 23, 2021
iwaeda:

They are doing what they are paid for, watered everything perceived to be anti government. It is a cycle, I saw Aisha Yesufu 'parraing' in a video. It will go round.
Snatching phones from people is what they are paid to do? Police do not even have the right to check car particulars. Is the job of the VIO

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by iwaeda: 12:32pm On Nov 23, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Snatching phones from people is what they are paid to do? Police do not even have the right to check car particulars. Is the job of the VIO

You didn't read the earlier comment. I was replying to your comment on maxymilllano or so. That those guys are paid to defend government.
To be honest phone is private, no police should search unless there is a warrant. Why must they collect their phones and car key. It is either they are Robbers or kidnappers in police uniform.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by iwaeda: 1:20pm On Nov 23, 2021
vanbonattel:
Nigerian police force is a criminal organisation - Canadian government.

You said it all. Uncle Lai we tell us, this was staged.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by ygowon: 1:28pm On Nov 23, 2021
Nigeria is just not getting better. Backwardness everyday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by iwaeda: 1:59pm On Nov 23, 2021
ygowon:
Nigeria is just not getting better. Backwardness everyday.
The irony of it is that nothing will be done to those officers even if they are traced. Thank God they did not shoot those people and labelled them as those who have been terrorising Third mainland bridge.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by iwaeda: 3:34pm On Nov 23, 2021
Nigeria we hail thee.
Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by geelite(m): 3:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
grin na buhari cause am
Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by Judolisco(m): 3:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
D funny thing is that if u join dis same police force 2mrw u go still behave like dem if dem carry gun give u finish.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by nairaman66(m): 3:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
Police personnel have started again. Later they will begin to beg and start calling for prayers..

The force headquarters should address this problem through their media channel. The next EndPolice protest will end Nigeria as a country!

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by revived: 3:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
E be Many Things
Re: 'How Police Harassed Us On Third Mainland Bridge, Seized Our Phones' by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
Something is definitely happening and I believe their dpo's knows about this cos the way they now spread and operate in major roads is mind boggling...
They no even dey fear again

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Seen Trekking From Jos To Abuja For Buhari(pics) / FFK Replies El-Rufai: Northerners Have Looted Nigeria More Than Other Regions / Cabinet Size Nears 70 As Tinubu Ignores Calls For Lean Government.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.