Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls (42754 Views)

7.5% VAT On Phone CALLS, SMS - FIRS Incharge - Pantami / Free US Phone Number For Whatsapp, Calls And Text Messages / Why You Should Use Only The Left Ear To Answer Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 4:11pm On Nov 24, 2021
bluefilm:

You need this advice yourself more.

Imagine, coming to the internet to talk about something practically everyone who is internet savvy already knows.
maybe you should create a thread that will be worthy of front page.

Then we can talk
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by bluefilm: 5:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
maybe you should create a thread that will be worthy of front page.

Then we can talk

Oh wait a minute... you created a topic that got the front page and that's making you feel like you've achieved the most important thing in your miserable life?

Well, lemme break it down for you...

As far as I am concerned, your topic is not worth a farthing!!!
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 5:35pm On Nov 24, 2021
bluefilm:

Oh wait a minute... you created a topic that got the front page and that's making you feel like you've achieved the most important thing in your miserable life?

Well, lemme break it down for you...

As far as I am concerned, your topic is not worth a farthing!!!

lolz

You actually think you are concerned
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by goodheart01: 7:03pm On Nov 24, 2021
KiNg0G:
You can't compare whatsapp call with normal phone call.

The delivery is different.
The audio clearity Is different

Try use better phone with better network
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by chiefobdk2: 7:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
I think it'll be more cost efficient for everyone to switch to internet calls.

They are less expensive and for the most part more stable than regular phone calls.

Internet calls of 30 minutes cost less than N50 while video calls of the same length cost less than N100.

Regular phone calls cost twice as much. For N100 you might not think much about it but instead of spending N1k you are spending N2k and instead of N10k recharge, you are spending N20k on the average.

Internet calls not only is cheaper but will solve the problem of double recharge. Nowadays we spend more to buy data. After that, we still recharge for regular airtime to use for phone calls.

Internet calls cuts that cost by almost 90%.

I think it's better if we can adopt this as a trend and use regular phone calls for emergencies.

Internet call is not cheap if the receiving person still have to pay...
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 9:57pm On Nov 24, 2021
chiefobdk2:

Internet call is not cheap if the receiving person still have to pay...
we've done the analysis countless times. It is 10x times
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Mosopzy23: 4:41am On Nov 25, 2021
Styluss:
lol... ND to think that pulse point is still useful!!! I use it for night subs when I need to download movies... the funny thing is... I sometimes sleep off and D movies zap all my real data

Is it possible to use pulse points to buy night plan? Don't think so
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Poleski: 8:41am On Nov 25, 2021
Crystalom3:
There are also some people who don't have phone.

Not everyone will get everything every time. If we are to wait for everyone to get a phone before we start making calls, we'll probably still be waiting.

Internet calls is cheaper, if you are enabled, then make it.

the screenshot below is a call of over 5 hours costing less than N200 for both parties combined

Screenshot courtesy of mickeyenglish

With that screenshot, I'm sure it was a woman you talked to for 5hrs! The highest I can go is 5mins.

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by soojar(m): 3:26am On Nov 26, 2021
Crystalom3:
but it's working right now.

That's what is most important. Or should we because of the fear of tomorrow not live today?

You are the one suggesting everybody should be using it. I'm now telling you that it's only the few that are using it now that makes it remain the way it is. If everybody starts using it today as you are advocating it stops becoming attractive to even you suggesting it. It's not fear of tomorrow, it's more like 'be careful what you wish for'
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Styluss: 5:56am On Nov 26, 2021
Mosopzy23:

Is it possible to use pulse points to buy night plan? Don't think so
try it... I do that always
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Mosopzy23: 10:27am On Nov 26, 2021
Styluss:
try it... I do that always

Doesn't work here. I can only purchase night plan with airtime.
Is it the normal 500mb for 50 nightplan?
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Styluss: 11:16am On Nov 26, 2021
Mosopzy23:

Doesn't work here. I can only purchase night plan with airtime.
Is it the normal 500mb for 50 nightplan?
Are you on pulse or mtn mpulse?

I'm on mpulse... Just dial *406*7#

Ull se3 point balance and redeem point
Then select redeem pulse point.

You'll see normal data and night plan,
25points for 250mb
50points for 500mb
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Youngpo413: 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2021
mmsen:
Use signal instead of whatsapp but you're right. I don't know why people insist on making GSM calls in 2021.
The internet telephone pre-installed in Nokia asha 302 could call other phones but it uses data from your end....even the other party is using small touchlight phone...he or she will receive the call...all thanks to nokia...I don't know why whatsapp,telegram ,facebook are not like that.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by hoilakes(m): 4:00pm On Nov 26, 2021
much prefered and 100% agreed
but most people wld still complain about data SUB

I choose data rate to call credits
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Mosopzy23: 8:32pm On Nov 26, 2021
Styluss:
Are you on pulse or mtn mpulse?

I'm on mpulse... Just dial *406*7#

Ull se3 point balance and redeem point
Then select redeem pulse point.

You'll see normal data and night plan,
25points for 250mb
50points for 500mb

No wonder. I'm currently on pulse tariff, guess that's y it doesn't work for me.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Styluss: 4:22am On Nov 27, 2021
Mosopzy23:

No wonder. I'm currently on pulse tariff, guess that's y it doesn't work for me.
m pulse is better
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Mosopzy23: 8:47am On Nov 27, 2021
Styluss:
m pulse is better

Alright thanks.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by wizi4tyn: 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
DroppingLiquid:

For which pangolo network? grin
My 9mobile is 1gb per ₦200.
Mtn is 30GB for 5k and 24GB for 3.5k which is a better deal for me. MTN rate sef is better than 1GB Per ₦200. And I sometimes do smaller bundles on mtn, 1GB at 200 or 1.5GB at 300.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Has ‘Most Expensive’ Internet Globally, Surfshark Press Study / Whatsapp Rolls Out New Features / How To Login To Yahoomail Using A Mobile Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.