Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls (42753 Views)

7.5% VAT On Phone CALLS, SMS - FIRS Incharge - Pantami / Free US Phone Number For Whatsapp, Calls And Text Messages / Why You Should Use Only The Left Ear To Answer Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by airsaylongcome: 9:22am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
*roll eyes*

2nd Joe Biden you are. Unfortunately, no one is interested enough to waste data looking for you or that have never occurred to you?

Tell that to the person that found my work address on LinkedIn and tracked me to my office and nearly had me killed
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Badsod(m): 9:23am On Nov 24, 2021
Interesting one!
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Ikpeabujo(m): 9:26am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
go siddon abeg
your own na to day counter people opinion that goes against yours. please keep standing abeg
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Oyiboman69: 9:28am On Nov 24, 2021
Spactacle:
yes, you're right. If not for the poor internet services, most people would opt for internet calls rather than our normal call wey wan finish person. grin grin grin
and you don't have same when when making normal calls?... I believe this is an eye opener for everyone,and people will now try to bypass the regular calls even if its only our loved ones for now. this issue cannot be overemphasized....
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 9:31am On Nov 24, 2021
emae009:

what I've noticed is that your phone data counter and your service provider's aren't always the same. that 5MB Airtel rate it as double or close to double. Don't know for other networks tho
Even at triple the rate. Its still cheaper by almost 50%. That's at triple the rate!
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by uuzba(m): 9:31am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
not everyone have a phone

Especially in the rural areas.
Did that stop you from using one?
Stop all this nonsense bashing.
I was here in Lagos feeling cool with data and Google maps.
I took a trip to the East to see a relative.
Before I even finished leaving Epe, all the whole internet data and Google maps have stopped working on the phone. The phone just be like carton for my hand.
Finaly reached the east and I couldn't even load WhatsApp. All those Tick and Double Tick couldn't even load.
Is that how you expect people to adopt internet data calling facilities?
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Gee64: 9:31am On Nov 24, 2021
Ok.

Check my signature below and enjoy FREE Crypto Giveaway now!
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 9:32am On Nov 24, 2021
Oyiboman69:
and you don't have same when when making normal calls?... I believe this is an eye opener for everyone,and people will now try to bypass the regular calls even if its only our loved ones for now. this issue cannot be overemphasized....
Everyone making excuses to avoid making changes.

It's just so ridiculous to read some comments on this thread bro

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by DJL0newolf: 9:33am On Nov 24, 2021
What about those people that use glo? How will they cope tongue

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by foleskay(m): 9:33am On Nov 24, 2021
KiNg0G:
You can't compare whatsapp call with normal phone call.

The delivery is different.
The audio clearity Is different
Hows the audio clarity different..if you're on d 4g platform..internet call is d clearest
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 9:35am On Nov 24, 2021
uuzba:

Stop all this nonsense bashing.
I was here in Lagos feeling cool with data and Google maps.
I took a trip to the East to see a relative.
Before I even finished leaving Epe, all the whole internet data and Google maps have stopped working on the phone. The phone just be like carton for my hand.
Finaly reached the east and I couldn't even load WhatsApp. All those Tick and Double Tick couldn't even load.
Is that how you expect people to adopt internet data calling facilities?
in my village, people have to climb a mountain before they can make regular phone calls.

Does that stop you from making the same regular calls from your bedroom?

Internet calls is not for everyone just as phone calls is not for everyone. If you are enabled you should make it. Abi everybody in your contact list is in your village where they don't have smartphones and only poor connections?

Which one is making fun of him?
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by emae009(m): 9:37am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
Even at triple the rate. Its still cheaper by almost 50%. That's at triple the rate!

What you're saying is true VoLTE is the way forward but there are a lot of limitations at the moment around it though.
Majority of the people with smartphones to implement this don't keep their data on when they aren't using the phone. Some go to such extent of limiting background data consumption.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Elxandre(m): 9:38am On Nov 24, 2021
MufasaLion:
WhatsApp call is very good! Smooth talk and affordable! Oh, it's encrypted also. There are many conversations that I dare not have on normal call because it might be recorded.
You can also be recorded on whatsapp if the other party does a screen record.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 9:39am On Nov 24, 2021
emae009:

What you're saying is true VoLTE is the way forward but there are a lot of limitations at the moment around it though.
Majority of the people with smartphones to implement this don't keep their data on when they aren't using the phone. Some go to such extent of limiting background data consumption.
this is the only limitation I see. I guess as we grow as a nation, it'll become better tho.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by micflo28(m): 9:40am On Nov 24, 2021
WhatsApp call was never created to replace the normal calls. Data takes much of your investment than calls. Make the research. Calls are clearer and connects even without data subscription.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by emae009(m): 9:41am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
this is the only limitation I see. I guess as we grow as a nation, it'll become better tho.

I think there should be a campaign to enlighten people that keeping your data on even when you're now using your phone doesn't consumption much of your data like the amount is insignificant

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 9:41am On Nov 24, 2021
DJL0newolf:
What about those people that use glo? How will they cope tongue
grin grin

You guys should stop making fun of us glo users.

We de manage grin
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
I think it'll be more cost efficient for everyone to switch to internet calls.

They are less expensive and for the most part more stable than regular phone calls.

Internet calls of 30 minutes cost less than N50 while video calls of the same length cost less than N100.

Regular phone calls cost twice as much. For N100 you might not think much about it but instead of spending N1k you are spending N2k and instead of N10k recharge, you are spending N20k on the average.

Internet calls not only is cheaper but will solve the problem of double recharge. Nowadays we spend more to buy data. After that, we still recharge for regular airtime to use for phone calls.

Internet calls cuts that cost by almost 90%.

I think it's better if we can adopt this as a trend and use regular phone calls for emergencies.
Your telcos will frustrate this wish of yours. Lol
That's when they'll decide to make data bundles of less value, viz-a-viz the money you spent purchasing it. NCC and Co will not want Nigerians to have such a relief.

I also wish internet calls were already the main way to call. But you have to consider those our aged, weak politicians, iyas, and iya iya (grannies) and all those people we know who are not versed in using anything internet based. And that makes up for majority of our population. Besides, jobs will be loss at MTN and friends. They won't want that.

And Nigerians just prefer what they are used to. They like old traditional methods of doing things. Just the same way we keep referring to PHCN as NEPA. Offline calls won't go away anytime soon. Some things just don't change.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Alamkir: 9:43am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
not everyone have a phone

Especially in the rural areas.
Did that stop you from using one?
They still wont understand....... Simple msg use WhatsApp call for those who use it, to reduce cost of calls. It Doesn't mean u won't call others who dont have

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 9:44am On Nov 24, 2021
micflo28:
WhatsApp call was never created to replace the normal calls. Data takes much of your investment than calls. Make the research. Calls are clearer and connects even without data subscription.

Back this up please.

Because from all calculations, the data you buy with just 1k will be used to make calls that will last longer than airtime of N10k
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by wizi4tyn: 9:48am On Nov 24, 2021
DroppingLiquid:
Don't worry, when enough people start doing this, don't expect your 2gb data bundle to last for up to 2 days.

2GB is at most 400naira undecided
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Barezzi(m): 9:48am On Nov 24, 2021
Bolded should be engraved on a graphite plaque and every Nigerian forced to recite it 3 times daily or have their left nipple severed off! angry

Crystalom3:
A girl once told me this and I laugh.

It's a because you want to feel valuable that a guy is spending on you. But we only spend the bonus they gave us when we recharge grin grin

The goal of a call is to talk. Not feel important
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Alamkir: 9:48am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
All I'm saying is if you want to make long calls or gist with your lover or family member, it will make more sense to recharge them N100 to buy data and yourself N100 data.

That N200 will give you roughly 6 hours of talk time with your partner.

For phone calls, the same N200 will only give you 30 minutes at most.

And should we talk about the cost of making international phone calls?

Who doesn't have data when u have smartphone?. Maybe is just Me but all my friends, family, colleagues are always online so am sure they can spair 5 to 10 mb for calls

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by geunik(m): 9:50am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
stop lying without proofs.
You make phone call for 10 minutes which cost the caller about 100 naira. The recipient pays nothing. When you make internet call, you use about 50mb and the recipient use about 50mb for the same time. If the cost of 50mb is 50 Naira, both the caller and the recipient will pay a total sum of 100 naira. And stop calling people liars on the internet. It does not speak well of you
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by seyz91(m): 9:51am On Nov 24, 2021
cheesy
Nkem96:
What about those wey nor get smartphone? Make we use Bluetooth call dem?
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by blowjohn(m): 9:53am On Nov 24, 2021
Omg I purposely don't like WhatsApp calls.
I hate that thing like mad. U will be hearing people talk after like 2 seconds each time

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 9:55am On Nov 24, 2021
geunik:

You make phone call for 10 minutes which cost the caller about 100 naira. The recipient pays nothing. When you make internet call, you use about 50mb and the recipient use about 50mb for the same time. If the cost of 50mb is 50 Naira, both the caller and the recipient will pay a total sum of 100 naira. And stop calling people liars on the internet. It does not speak well of you
internet phone call of 10 Minute will cost roughly 3mb.

Thats less than N5.

Both parties pay N5 each. That's N10.

Why pay N100 for the same thing?

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 24, 2021
cooooooks:
Umm, I highly doubt it. The great thing about WhatsApp is that it's encrypted.

I don't even think the FBI can back it.

Lol. Who do you think owns WhatsApp, YouTube, Google, Apple etc or you think they are just there to make money?
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 10:01am On Nov 24, 2021
blowjohn:
Omg I purposely don't like WhatsApp calls.
I hate that thing like mad. U will be hearing people talk after like 2 seconds each time
bros it's not whatsapp calls.

It's the network.

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Aguogba(m): 10:03am On Nov 24, 2021
Nkem96:
What about those wey nor get smartphone? Make we use Bluetooth call dem?
Falls under emergencies.

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Deicide: 10:10am On Nov 24, 2021
tcp vs udp
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Allisgud: 10:11am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
I think it'll be more cost efficient for everyone to switch to internet calls.

They are less expensive and for the most part more stable than regular phone calls.

Internet calls of 30 minutes cost less than N50 while video calls of the same length cost less than N100.

Regular phone calls cost twice as much. For N100 you might not think much about it but instead of spending N1k you are spending N2k and instead of N10k recharge, you are spending N20k on the average.

Internet calls not only is cheaper but will solve the problem of double recharge. Nowadays we spend more to buy data. After that, we still recharge for regular airtime to use for phone calls.

Internet calls cuts that cost by almost 90%.

I think it's better if we can adopt this as a trend and use regular phone calls for emergencies.
make adenuga catch u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Has ‘Most Expensive’ Internet Globally, Surfshark Press Study / Whatsapp Rolls Out New Features / How To Login To Yahoomail Using A Mobile Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.