Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,517 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls (42832 Views)

7.5% VAT On Phone CALLS, SMS - FIRS Incharge - Pantami / Free US Phone Number For Whatsapp, Calls And Text Messages / Why You Should Use Only The Left Ear To Answer Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Miyachi: 8:13am On Nov 24, 2021
PlaysNigeria:
Both parties must have an active data, hence bother parties are using equally separate data usage for the same call of your roughly calculated 50 naira/30 mins internet call which approximates the recharge call. Just that it's shared 2x 50 per min smiley
Source?

With ₦100 you can get 150MB on Glo
The average data cost of a Whatsapp call is around 800kb/min.
Do the math.

You can make free calls if you're both on free wifi.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Pthumble(m): 8:13am On Nov 24, 2021
That's a nice idea bro[color=#006600][/color]
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by jacoik(m): 8:14am On Nov 24, 2021
I agree with you op. If I want to call my mum at home (village) I always call her direct call to put her data on for me to call her through WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by airsaylongcome: 8:14am On Nov 24, 2021
MufasaLion:
WhatsApp call is very good! Smooth talk and affordable! Oh, it's encrypted also. There are many conversations that I dare not have on normal call because it might be recorded.

And WhatsApp calls cannot be recorded? Is that what you think?
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 8:14am On Nov 24, 2021
maureensylvia:

When someone leaves WhatsApp call and calls me with normal call, I take that person more serious
A girl once told me this and I laugh.

It's a because you want to feel valuable that a guy is spending on you. But we only spend the bonus they gave us when we recharge grin grin

The goal of a call is to talk. Not feel important

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by ImoleNaija: 8:15am On Nov 24, 2021
KiNg0G:
You can't compare whatsapp call with normal phone call.

The delivery is different.
The audio clearity Is different

Abi oo

One needs to consider the delay in processing the trans-receiving voices, too.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by MeghaneMorgane(f): 8:15am On Nov 24, 2021
I have been using internet call for some years now. If you can’t call me over the internet, just forget about it because I won’t call you using normal voice call. Except you are the one calling me.

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by new2012: 8:15am On Nov 24, 2021
cooooooks:
Umm, I highly doubt it. The great thing about WhatsApp is that it's encrypted.

I don't even think the FBI can back it.

lol! nothing is unhackable man, Absolutely nothing!
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by 77up(m): 8:16am On Nov 24, 2021
Op is right.

Next please sad
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by theamazonguru(m): 8:17am On Nov 24, 2021
KiNg0G:

You have a point.
I personally call back using normal call whenever anyone calls me with whatsapp call.
The delivery are not the same.
I can't comman be saying hello,hello for like half of the conversation time because I can't hear the other person clearly.
Whatsapp calls with disconnecting and reconnecting issues are 5 & 6.

Well I think this night have to do with the quality of our network in this part of the world sha. It is below par.

Maybe when we get it right with our network quality ,then we can be considering whatsapp calls.

For me and most people it's quality over cost.

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by airsaylongcome: 8:17am On Nov 24, 2021
suffering:
The problem is there are always idiots who will never open WhatsApp accounts, always get their phones missing or for some one reason or the other choose to disregard WhatsApp as a service.

If people make WhatsApp the preferred mode of communication, bastard telecom companies will find ways to hike data prices. When I realized a one hour WhatsApp voice call was only 10MB I swore to preach the gospel of data calls over regular ones. There is also nothing like international calls where the service is concerned; every call is a local one.

You need to read up about VOIP. And no, not every WhatsApp call is local. The cost may not change for you but the call is not necessarily local. Also what is WhatsApp selling? Why are they providing this service for "free"?
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by mmsen: 8:18am On Nov 24, 2021
Use signal instead of whatsapp but you're right. I don't know why people insist on making GSM calls in 2021.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 8:18am On Nov 24, 2021
geunik:

The cost is the same. The difference is that the bill is split into two in internet call
stop lying without proofs.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Jaqenhghar: 8:19am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
I think it'll be more cost efficient for everyone to switch to internet calls.

They are less expensive and for the most part more stable than regular phone calls.

Internet calls of 30 minutes cost less than N50 while video calls of the same length cost less than N100.

Regular phone calls cost twice as much. For N100 you might not think much about it but instead of spending N1k you are spending N2k and instead of N10k recharge, you are spending N20k on the average.

Internet calls not only is cheaper but will solve the problem of double recharge. Nowadays we spend more to buy data. After that, we still recharge for regular airtime to use for phone calls.

Internet calls cuts that cost by almost 90%.

I think it's better if we can adopt this as a trend and use regular phone calls for emergencies.
Not with a weak internet.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by shizzleStar: 8:19am On Nov 24, 2021
Beautiful thread.

Very Informative

...and the op is right cool
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Ferdinandu(m): 8:19am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
I think it'll be more cost efficient for everyone to switch to internet calls.

They are less expensive and for the most part more stable than regular phone calls.

Internet calls of 30 minutes cost less than N50 while video calls of the same length cost less than N100.

Regular phone calls cost twice as much. For N100 you might not think much about it but instead of spending N1k you are spending N2k and instead of N10k recharge, you are spending N20k on the average.

Internet calls not only is cheaper but will solve the problem of double recharge. Nowadays we spend more to buy data. After that, we still recharge for regular airtime to use for phone calls.

Internet calls cuts that cost by almost 90%.

I think it's better if we can adopt this as a trend and use regular phone calls for emergencies.
Only limitation is poor Internet service in Nigeria. Either it is poor on your side or on your caller side. except international calls that you just have to save the huge amount involved, I really hate the snags in local WhatsApp calls
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by adexpa(m): 8:20am On Nov 24, 2021
Op, it's like that in saner countries,calls off WhatsApp is seldom and majorly for short business or official conversations because of its clarity and other factors but most unofficial conversations are done majorly through WhatsApp. It's possible because everyone is either accessing personal data,office data, coffee shop data or restaurant data.....there is always room to be online all the time, but it will kinda tough in Nigeria due to cost of accessing internet, majority of people switched off data once they are not doing anything online to prevent underground data consumption.
I hope we get there cus it's less expensive and better for long hour conversations

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by LZAA: 8:20am On Nov 24, 2021
Even in advanced societies normal calls trump Internet calls grin

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by ImoleNaija: 8:20am On Nov 24, 2021
theamazonguru:

You have a point.
I personally call back using normal call whenever anyone calls me with whatsapp call.
I can't comman be saying hello,hello for like half of the conversation time because I can't hear the other person clearly.

Exactly!
I call back with normal phone calls, too.
I do not have patience for the WhatsApp calls krikukriku. grin
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by shizzleStar: 8:21am On Nov 24, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Not with a weak internet.
how about network?do you always have a strong network for normal calls?

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by airsaylongcome: 8:22am On Nov 24, 2021
Miyachi:

Source?

With ₦100 you can get 150MB on Glo
The average data cost of a Whatsapp call is around 800kb/min.
Do the math.

You can make free calls if you're both on free wifi.

Nothing is ever free. No such thing as "free wifi". Someone always pays. Even if it seems free to you, you are still paying by surrendering your personal data
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Goddyj(m): 8:22am On Nov 24, 2021
The wahala be say many people no dey gree buy data despite how cheap we have made data to be. They'll be waiting for free data bonus. grin grin
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Kingcalls: 8:23am On Nov 24, 2021
One stupid girl once told me that she doesn't take guys that call her with wasap calls serious....I added that to the list of why most Nigerian girls are empty heads
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by dvkot(m): 8:23am On Nov 24, 2021
WhatsApp call is clear and cheap 2hrs call won't even cost 50mb
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by rajiedreez: 8:24am On Nov 24, 2021
WhatsApp call has bad sound quality compared to normal call and Facebook messenger calls
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by aoshea18: 8:24am On Nov 24, 2021
Op is correct. Much cheaper. Doesn’t also matter if it’s local or international

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by pinkye(f): 8:24am On Nov 24, 2021
this thread is not for people like me that doesn't have data embarassed
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by judajix(m): 8:25am On Nov 24, 2021
Internet calls is the order of the day here in Cotonou Benin republic
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Stomoney(m): 8:25am On Nov 24, 2021
But the message is still the same
KiNg0G:

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Jefferyhi86(m): 8:25am On Nov 24, 2021
Some pple go just open mouth waaaaa
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by dvkot(m): 8:25am On Nov 24, 2021
theamazonguru:

You have a point.

Well I think this night have to do with the quality of our network in this part of the world sha. It is below par.

Maybe when we get it right with our network quality ,then we can be considering whatsapp calls.

For me and most people it's quality over cost.
go and get a better phone or a good network cos i even do whatsapp call to overseas and there's no delay in audio

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Has ‘Most Expensive’ Internet Globally, Surfshark Press Study / My Experience Using New Age Power Bank / Telegram Throws Subtle Shade At Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.