Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) (38096 Views)

Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her 31st Birthday / Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates 30th Birthday / Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her 29th Birthday (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by NwekeUG(m): 10:33am On Nov 23, 2021
2006 Vs 2021: Plane Crash Survivor, Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mum (Throwback Photo)

2005 Sosoliso plane crash survivor, Kechi Okwuchi took to her social media handles on Monday 23rd November 2021 to celebrate her mother, Mrs Ije-Duru Okwuchi, while sharing a photo taken with her mum one year after surviving the plane crash, IgbereTV reports.

She shared two photos with her mother; one of them taken in 2006, a year after she survived the Sosoliso plane crash.

She wrote on Facebook;

"Mommy. Nne’m. Nwanyi oma. My role model for life.
I found this pic and got the urge to just appreciate you.
We’ve come such a long way.
I love you so much, you vampire, you.
Ije-Duru Okwuchi"
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=454480276040044&id=100044342260285

The 31-year-old singer and motivational speaker is one of two survivors in the December 10, 2005 Sosoliso Airlines Flight 1145 crash. Kechi has undergone over a hundred reconstructive surgeries since the tragic crash that claimed 107 lives, 59 of which were her school mates at Loyola Jesuit College. She has been close to her mother throughout the years of her recovery. Kechi once said, "we've been joined at the hip since December 10, 2005."

https://igberetvnews.com/1406774/2006-vs-2021-plane-crash-survivor-kechi-okwuchi-celebrates-mum-throwback-photo/

18 Likes

Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by rottennaija(m): 10:35am On Nov 23, 2021
This experience we call life

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by pocohantas(f): 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2021
She looks like her mum. Still a beautiful girl.

As I get older, I am beginning to realize beauty is but just one part of the whole package. I spend less time making up, that is if I do at all. When I remember the days I wouldn’t go out without wearing padded bra or rubbing my cheap lipgloss with hideous black eye pencil…I laugh. grin

171 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by Agricmoney(m): 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2021
It is well I love her positive attitude

Anyway, Agriculture is life

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by fancifulasuquo(m): 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2021
Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by magicminister: 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2021
She’s lucky to have a strong and supportive and successful parents as her guardians!
If they didn’t send her abroad, she probably would’ve been badly bullied in Nigeria!!

————-
This was not a race thing. The reason I said she’d have been bullied in Nigeria is because our educational system is not sensitive to people with disability. We all know a disabled classmate that others made fun of in primary, secondary school and even in university right?

The US system is more sensitive to people with disability and teachers go extra miles to sensitive students before the child even joins the school. Any child that as much as bullies or disrespects the disabled child will be dealt with severely.

It’s not a race thing!

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by RealityGod: 4:34pm On Nov 23, 2021
Life na mystery

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by jericco1(m): 4:34pm On Nov 23, 2021
Omo, I have this tingling sensation whenever I look at her

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by YungTemy(m): 4:34pm On Nov 23, 2021
I still recall the Sosoliso Airline Crash, one of the most devastating events that has ever happened in the history of Nigeria. Indeed it was tragic.

The flight which was scheduled to depart from Abuja to Port Harcourt on the 10th of December 2005, eventually crashed landed at the Port Harcourt International Airport. The aircraft had about 110 people on board but only two people survived.

God mercy and grace rested on those two. It is not like they were the holiest or purest, but No one... absolutely no one, will ever understand the mysteries of life and way of the Lord Almighty.

Thank God everyday for life... thank God every day for waking you up, thank God for the air you breathe, be thankful every second you spend on earth, always be good and most importantly, look forward to the afterlife.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by Kingpele(m): 4:34pm On Nov 23, 2021
Nice one, she is indeed very lucky to have survived a plane crash ,God is merciful to her,I fear God because he is the only one that can get away with anything, he is right at all times no matter what he does,he is way too powerful to be judged by anyone ..he can kill you or I this minute and cast you or I to hell fire no matter how righteous we think we are yet no one can hold him accountable, to those who backslided cos of one problem or the other, no matter how angry you are with God ,u are only hurting your soul forever if u don't turn back to God ,it makes no sense to fight whom u can't defeat ,Satan is very angry with God yet he remains a castaway forever ..the worst thing that happen to evildoers is separation from God the source of true life and love ,it is a fearful thing to fall into the hand of God,fear God and obey the gospel of christ for your own good,it is better to be in the righteousness of God and enter eternity than to die in sin and woke up in hell and realised that you were deceived by your own wisdom and desires

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by Legalcriminal: 4:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
She doesn’t need to reveal all these legs.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by Ogbodavies(m): 4:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
cute
Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by Jflex07(m): 4:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
Chai!! Just look at the picture of her at a very younger age ,very beautiful damsel... I believe that if not for this accident guys would have been drooling over her and possibly she would have been married by now...it is well with you sweetheart.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by miniziter(m): 4:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
She always make front page on nairaland

3 Likes

Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by ogub(m): 4:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
Thank God for her

1 Like

Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by DissTroy(m): 4:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
Someone is definitely profiting off this girl's predicament else something would have been done about her situation.

Cosmetic surgery has advanced to the extent that the victims of burns and injuries like her can look less hideous than she looks. I know for one that face surgeries have gotten better and victims of dog bites and burns get grafting procedures to make them look at least normal.

This girl has been on Ophrah(?) and several shows. She has the needed attention from all the moneybags and women rights organisations in the world, so why haven't they done plastic surgery on her face at least? Reconstructive ones even?

Because someone or she profits off her pity party.

Just like race hustlers who blow out any issue from the racial perspective would be out of business if racial tensions die down.

She isn't the average girl looking for help. Almost seems like her 'selling point' as she continuously reminds us of the incident and never about what she's done professionally or projects or more.

I don't know why victimhood seems very attractive to most people. "Oh! Woe is me!"

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by Mstick: 4:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
I wonder why her family never sued whoever was incharge of the airport.

Such beautiful strong women.

1 Like

Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by amiibaby(f): 4:36pm On Nov 23, 2021
Good girl
Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by dheolexaone(f): 4:36pm On Nov 23, 2021
An exemplary mother.
God bless her
Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by AfonjaConehead: 4:36pm On Nov 23, 2021
You vampire Kwa or is my eye paining me!!?

I remember a police officer then was swearing at his superiors,that they will all enter sossoliso!!!!

Well thank God for her life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by ImoleNaija: 4:36pm On Nov 23, 2021
I'm speechless.....

God, I thank you.

1 Like

Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by Praktikals(m): 4:36pm On Nov 23, 2021
dheolexaone:
An exemplary mother.
God bless her
This world would be a much better place if wives can love their husband as much as they love their children.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by RoyalBoutique(m): 4:36pm On Nov 23, 2021
Legalcriminal:
She doesn’t need to reveal all these legs.

I tire o

4 Likes

Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by illicit(m): 4:36pm On Nov 23, 2021
shocked
Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 23, 2021
Awww
Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by bennytrips27(m): 4:37pm On Nov 23, 2021
A true survivor, thanks to Almighty God and money.My 2 rules are

Love God
Make money

1 Like

Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by ednut1(m): 4:37pm On Nov 23, 2021
Her constant need for online validation is troubling

8 Likes

Re: Kechi Okwuchi Celebrates Her Mother, Ije-Duru Okwuchi (Throwback Photos) by nkemoma(m): 4:38pm On Nov 23, 2021
Pretty girl

Does she have a boyfriend?

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo: Olamide Buys Himself A G-wagon As Xmas Gift / Gifty: I No Longer Pick Soma's Calls / Nikkah Ceremony Of Lateef Adedimeji And Mo Bimpe In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.