Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary (66801 Views)

The Menace Of SDK Blog / Pregnant Woman Dies Of Snakebite From Snake In Toilet in Kaduna ( Photos) / Wife Sends Photo Of Her Drunk Husband Who Slept In The Toilet To Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by Jrevelation(m): 4:40pm On Nov 24, 2021
Always go in their with ur phone in case of any scary scenario

Quicky call for help

At moment Nigeria is scary country

Strange things dey happen o
Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by dfrost: 4:40pm On Nov 24, 2021
Greatzeus:

F- False
E- Expectation
A- Appearing
R -Real
......Nas-Some of Us Have Angels(1999)

The kingdom, the power... an OG you are. I doff my cap.
Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by billyG(m): 4:44pm On Nov 24, 2021
Lamanii22:

cheesy grin grin my bowel is about to burst rn... No choice I have to use the toilet now....
Buy a poo bowl.

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by blasterman(m): 4:48pm On Nov 24, 2021
Righteousness2:
Simply put some cloves of garlic in there from time to time..

HAHAHA

snake no be vampire

they will just crawl over garlic
Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by legba1(m): 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2021
I recollect sometime 2017,I got this decent room-self-con in gwas. So I moved in as the first occupant of the place.

I was in my room and I heard the of something forcefully ejecting from water. I picked a cricket bat I keep close to my pillow,peeped into the toilet to find a big toad on the floor. I approach to kill it and guy dived back into the toilet bowl. I was scared..I called the land lord, he came with his bricklayer...we find out those guys have made a colony of the soakaway before it was covered. We had to open the septic pot behind the window and flush with hot water and that was it. That could have been a snake.

5 Likes

Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by egoldman(m): 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2021
Righteousness2:

Oga pastor righteousness, you mean no need for evangelism for this snake matter? grin

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by airsaylongcome: 4:50pm On Nov 24, 2021
Righteousness2:

Won't it be flushed away into the soak-away with regular flushing?
Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by Richy4(m): 4:51pm On Nov 24, 2021
CaptainFM1:
Very important toilet practice that people overlook:

1. The toilet bowl should always be closed.

2. You should always flush the bowl before opening the lid. This may not necessarily flush the reptiles away, but it will splash and dangle while the water is gushing on it. That is enough for you to suspect something inside.

Also hygienically, you won't get to see someone else poo or wee just in case the person forgets to flush after his/her business.

3. And when you are done with your business, remember to flush the bowl and close the lid.

I so much hate it when toilet lids are not closed.
Some snakes can make their way right from the rooftop into an open vent pipes and find itself at the toilet base.. it is not always the lid matters.. it's just a common occurrence in Australia..
Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by marvelous000: 4:54pm On Nov 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That is actually a stupid idea. undecided

Garlic or any food attracts mice/rats up your pipe and snakes eat mice and rats. So up your pipe they, Snakes, also go chasing after mice and voila into your bowl they appear! undecided
For the fact you dislike the so called righteousness, does not warrant abandoning rationality.

It's a known fact that garlic serve as a potent repellent to reptiles; especially snakes. So, don't misinform the paranoid lady.

3 Likes

Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by CSTRR: 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
I am now scared of the same toilet I have been using all these years.
Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by Zoey95: 4:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
Greatzeus:

F- False
E- Expectation
A- Appearing
R -Real
......Nas-Some of Us Have Angels(1999)
@Lamani22, what you read on nairaland has created a phobia for " death by snake bite" grin in your spirit,which is bad. All these assumptions of snakes in your toilet is just a figment of your imagination. Remember fear has torment, you're already tormenting yourself over something that won't ever happen. Cheer Up girl.

Ogbeni I just lost a colleague of mine to snake bite from toilet sit 3-4 days ago. Go to NAF base Abuja and they will tell you the story. I even have video evidence and pix evidence if u want it.
Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by Chazb(m): 4:59pm On Nov 24, 2021
With all this news of snake in toilet....., Make me afared of using toilet must especially at night or if there's no light..... Everywhere snake ��� news

Richy4:
Why are you afraid of using your toilet very well?...See the fact say someone drown for river no go stop people from drinking water...Or do u now prefer shotput?
Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by OdefaGirl(f): 5:01pm On Nov 24, 2021
Richy4:

cheesy cheesy
How do I define this method now for it to sound polished grin
Ok it is a process by which an individual excretes using a nylon bag/material... After use, the individual throws/ flings the waste product to the nearest bush/ over the wall like the shotput.. It could fell anywhere. smiley

Hewww grin grin grin
Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by aAK1(m): 5:05pm On Nov 24, 2021
Simple none return valves in the chambers or at the end of your discharge pipe should solve this problem permanently

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by Foodqueen(f): 5:05pm On Nov 24, 2021
Myexdisturbs:

Your mess would have been something else tongue

I pity my son sef.
Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by Richy4(m): 5:06pm On Nov 24, 2021
Chazb:
With all this news of snake in toilet....., Make me afared of using toilet must especially at night or if there's no light..... Everywhere snake ��� news

Please don't be... Funny enough snakes are more afraid of you than u think.. Just cover all bases and do not live your doors open...
What happened was just an isolated occurrence...
According to statistics from snakes catchers, Snakes are more likely to be in the ceiling than in the toilets.. abeg go sh!t and forget about it grin
Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by madjune(m): 5:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
It's only when something topical happens that people wake up to a pressing fact.

Fact- Snakes love cool places. They love to cool off in any cool, hidden quarter. And, strangely, they love the cool waters and nether enclaves of the WC.

In the tropical, hot regions of Africa like Nigeria, the WC is about the only place a weather beaten snake can run to hide and cool off.
Next place is the water booth.

Being territorial with cool zones, the snake once inside the WC begins to see it as its home.
And it will strike anything that sits on it or gestures at it, like the D.ck.
Fact is, they'd actually see a d.ck settling to urinate as a rival snake that wants to take over the WC.

PREVENTION- Never leave your WC open once not in use.
Make sure you live in a clean environment.
Always flush or check your WC before use.

Also, landlords should do routine checks on the pipes because some snakes actually crawl through the pipes leading to the WC, of which the tenant has no hold on.

We live in scary times.

2 Likes

Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by Adebowalay(m): 5:08pm On Nov 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
That is actually a stupid idea. undecided

Garlic or any food attracts mice/rats up your pipe and snakes eat mice and rats. So up your pipe they, Snakes, also go chasing after mice and voila into your bowl they appear! undecided
why not just move ahead, idiot, must u insult another person's idea??

2 Likes

Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by brightalo1010: 5:09pm On Nov 24, 2021
Righteousness2:

I thought you will tell him to pray only so life is not all about spirituality alone? Is this not part of Jesus is coming soon?
Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by billyG(m): 5:09pm On Nov 24, 2021
After that news it rekindles my fear d more,it is the worst way to die!this has been on my mind anytime i use d WC.
To prevent this evil.the following steps will help.
1.make sure your block any hole on d soakaway use vertical pipe with screen instead, remember to close all bathroom drain strainers.
2.All bathroom/toilet windows should have flies net.
3.flush your toilets with bleach occasionally it irritates snakes eyes.
4.Use iron doors as entrance & back doors, wooden doors tend to have space under & rats can chew it way in, follow by snakes.
5.Always inspect toilet before you seat on it.
6.Clear your sorrounding.donot litter especially food waste.
7.Donot use rough coat paint on your external walls rats can easily climb over.
8.Always provide illumination in d toilet at night.
DONOT be carried away by all those snakes hates garlic & bitter kola all are myth...our problem in this part of d world is we don't test
Things,let someone catch a snake in a box with along pipe attach to another box with rat then put cut garlic & grounded bitter kola in d middle of the pipe & see if d snake will not cross over d garlic in the pipe to eat d rat.

2 Likes

Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by Mpanyi: 5:10pm On Nov 24, 2021
Correct shit never hold you
Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by Kobojunkiee: 5:13pm On Nov 24, 2021
Charmingrascal:
Is she not suppose to cover the seat with the blood of Jesus.
Pagan ritual to what end? Jesus Christ no give you permission to cover anything in His blood.. it is pagans/voodoo ritualists who do such things. undecided
Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by Lamasta(m): 5:14pm On Nov 24, 2021
Charmingrascal:

Is she not suppose to cover the seat with the blood of Jesus.
Righteousness is waiting for you at the gate of heaven

Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by Kobojunkiee: 5:14pm On Nov 24, 2021
xynerise:
You have ended up increasing the BP of Nigerians
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by Ruggedpen: 5:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
What about upstairs ?
Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by ThierryJay: 5:24pm On Nov 24, 2021
Apart from the various herbal mixtures recommended here, people should consider using toilet LED lights fitted on toilet bowls. At least you'd get to see what's inside the bowl before you do the do.

Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by bigcee(m): 5:27pm On Nov 24, 2021
madjune:
Fact is, they'd actually see a d.ck settling to urinate as a rival snake that wants to take over the WC.
This got me laughing grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by seyz91(m): 5:27pm On Nov 24, 2021
Same as people died from plane crash wouldn't stop others from traveling by flight
Richy4:
Why are you afraid of using your toilet very well?...See the fact say someone drown for river no go stop people from drinking water...Or do u now prefer shotput?

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by Agboconsult1(m): 5:30pm On Nov 24, 2021
People who do open defecation at night...what r there chances of snake bite?
Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by shantti(m): 5:44pm On Nov 24, 2021
Timekeeper:

Imagine while pooing and cockroach pinch u for yansh... Dt kind fear ehnnn gringringrin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by Hahjascho(m): 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2021
Lamanii22:
Now I can't use my toilet very well, I can't read in my toilet anymore... It's scary to go there, my mind is not at rest.... I told my husband about it and he said he doesn't envisage bad news ... embarassed
Your obsession with snake stories has created a real phobia in your mind, believe me.

There's a very thin line between fear and reality. Don't let that fear become ur reality.

1 Like

Re: The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary by Hahjascho(m): 5:49pm On Nov 24, 2021
Fear kills....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help! Am Having Erection For My Cousin Sis. How Do I Tell Her To Dress Decently / Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl / Marriage To These Types Of People Will Surely End In Divorce(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.