Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

I Want To Join The Police Force - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Want To Join The Police Force (2204 Views)

Enlisting In The Nigerian Police Force As A Graduate. / Recruitment Into The Nigeria Police Force / Nigeria Police Force Is Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Join The Police Force by PrinceNd1: 4:57pm On Jul 26, 2007
Hi everyone I just joined the family I need you guys opinion on this issue. I'm still serving as a copper in Osun state,I have this dream of joining the Nigerian Police Force, as a graduate of Accountancy from a Federal Polytechnic, what is expected of me to make to the force and possibly get to the brass level in the force. I need your candid advice on this thanks
Re: I Want To Join The Police Force by kamsi(f): 8:32am On Jul 27, 2007
I c no big deal to it, joining d police force is a good career choice. At least Nigeria needs more graduate recruit into the force to creates innovative ways in the police style of conducting business also there is relatively good job security and prospect for growth. Also if u join try 2 be committed 2 the ideals of the force, try 2 distinguish urself and finally encourage more graduateto tow same line. goodluck and have a fullfilling career.
Re: I Want To Join The Police Force by Lagoseko(m): 9:18am On Jul 27, 2007
The image of the nigerian police has been battered.99% of Nigerians and foreigners regard our police as thieves.If u ar joing the police make sure you would be able to live with this stigma.So I encourageyou to join the police and change this stigma.
Re: I Want To Join The Police Force by lanres1(m): 10:35am On Jul 27, 2007
@PrinceND,
I really wish you the best in your chosen profession. I wish to let you know that joining the world's most corrupt force is an uphill task, you have to be connected. I really don't know if their recruitment is based on the quota system. Whatever, you just have to know someone who will assist you as their selection process is full of politics. I have seen their adverts on numerous occassions, but you have to be more than Nuhu Ribadu to change their system. You need to see this article by Steve Nwosu titled "I should have joined the police force" few weeks back in the Sun Newspaper. There, you will be convinced that you just have to join them in their malacious and mischievous act. Don't be surprised that what happened to Tafa Balogun(from Osun state like you) and Ehindero would happen to Okhiro soon.
Once again, all the best I hope people like you would add value to the already battered image of the Nigeria police force.
Re: I Want To Join The Police Force by hamabra(m): 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2007
MY BRODA,

i wish u all the best one bad egg currpt the other they say, but in this case it is many bad eggs DEFINATELY will currpt the good one, i hope u will still be able to raise ur head high after serving in that currpt breeding environment, experinces have shown
Re: I Want To Join The Police Force by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 28, 2007
why not join a gang of armed robbers intead.

the same set of people, the same principles and skills are involved, the pay is better and the working hours are more flexible.
the only difference is that as a policeman you are licensed to carry your gun and you can wear a dirty uniform anytime you feel like it.
Re: I Want To Join The Police Force by lanres1(m): 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2007
@ZIDDY,
Haba, you for take am easy, why you come talk like that? no discourage the guy abeg!
Re: I Want To Join The Police Force by oloksman1(m): 2:23pm On Jul 28, 2007
SHouuuuuuuuu!
No be de same plice force weyn corruption dey flow for their blood by 98%
No be this force fail us for election period?
No be dem politicians been dey use?

Ask an average lagos person wetin police dey made up of
EVENTHOUGH,WE CAN'T RULE OUT THEIR POSITIVE IMPACT TO OUR LIVES(BELIEVE ME,ONE WAY OR THE OTHER),
however, they are all we've gat
and what do u expect?Guess we need to begin to think about a turn around for good,
We need a change4good,AND since a journey of a mile starts with a step,SomeONE's is gat to start it.

so my guy,IF U KNOW U ARE FOCUSED FOR GOD AND BETTERMENT,PLZZZ GO AHEAD, MAY GOD HELP YOU, BLESS YOU FOR NIGERIAN FORCE,MAY HE USE YOU 4 POSITIVE IMPACT 4 D POLICE FORCE
BUT
IF YOU WILL BEFORE WORSE FOR THE FORCE,MAY GOD DENY YOU.
Re: I Want To Join The Police Force by free2ryhme: 6:39pm On Jul 29, 2007
GUYZ UNA NO DEY READ WELL B4 U8NA POST THE QUESTION IS SIMPLE . DOES ANYBODY HAVE INFORMATION ON HOW TO JOIN THE POLICE? NOT TO POST IN UR UNINTELLIGBLE PROWESS OR PITIFUL SYMPATHY OK NA ONLY GOD KNOW WHO GIVE UNA DEGREE SEF NONSENSE ABI THEM CURSE UNA
Re: I Want To Join The Police Force by lanres1(m): 9:18am On Jul 30, 2007
@free2rhyme
What is wrong with you? why are you crying more than the bereaved? why are you exhibiting your kindergatten and idiotic level of intelligence here? We are saying that the Police force is a wrong choice of profession and no one knows how they recruit because of their wuru-wuru attitude and the next you could do was to hit us, ki lon worry e? You better take time or else,
Re: I Want To Join The Police Force by drklump(m): 11:53am On Jul 30, 2007
@free2rhyme

May i ask why u are so upset at the posts made so far?? Could it be you have close ties to the Nigerian Police??

As for folks willing to join the Nigerian Police, i would say you better be ready to become an outcast in your immediate society. The NPF are just a brigand of thugs and un-educated buffons that have been so fortunate to be licenced to carry arms.

My room-mate from school who is serving now wants to join the NPF and he was the only so far that has given a good reason to do so.
He read Bio-chemistry and he said the reason he was joining was cos he wanted to go abroad for his masters and he claims that the NPF do sponsor their men.

A good enough reason if you can beat the godfather attitude that will be a stumbling block in your way.
Re: I Want To Join The Police Force by free2ryhme: 11:06am On Jul 31, 2007
sad
dr_klump:

@free2rhyme

May i ask why u are so upset at the posts made so far?? Could it be you have close ties to the Nigerian Police??

As for folks willing to join the Nigerian Police, i would say you better be ready to become an outcast in your immediate society. The NPF are just a brigand of thugs and un-educated buffons that have been so fortunate to be licenced to carry arms.

My room-mate from school who is serving now wants to join the NPF and he was the only so far that has given a good reason to do so.
He read Bio-chemistry and he said the reason he was joining was because he wanted to go abroad for his masters and he claims that the NPF do sponsor their men.

A good enough reason if you can beat the godfather attitude that will be a stumbling block in your way.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Need For 1 Hr Officer And 4 Marketers / Roustabout Jobs In Multinational Oil And Gas Companies / Urgent Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.