Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,136 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l (14351 Views)

We Are Not Surprised With Bawa's suspension - Transparency International / Adewole Adebayo: Obasanjo Is Obi's Defacto DG, Not Surprised By His Endorsement / Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by iwaeda: 9:10am On Nov 24, 2021
The Country Director, Amnesty International, Nigeria, Osai Ojigho, has expressed misgivings over the Federal Government’s reaction to the Lagos EndSARS probe panel report, saying they were not surprised by government’s denial of ‘Lekki Tollgate incident’.

The body urged the Federal Government to verify the evidence provided by the report, faulting the manner government was dismissing it.

Amnesty International also called for investigation into the entire #EndSARS protests across the country, and not the Lekki Tollgate incident alone.

Ojigho spoke in an interview on Politics Today, a Channels TV programme on Tuesday.

Recall that the Federal Government had said the report presented by Lagos State Judicial Panel of Inquiry and Restitution to Investigate Cases Of Police Brutality and the Incident of October 20, 2020 at Lekki Tollgate was incorrect.

In fact, the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has insisted that there was no massacre at Lekki Tollgate on October 20, 2020.

According to Ojigho, “I think the first thing is for us to establish the fact that there are different layers of government.

“So what has been presented to the Lagos State Government, as we all know, is easy for the governments to communicate with themselves across board.

“I think the minister, with his position in government, should liaise with the state authorities to clarify or check information with regards to the panel’s work.

“That would have been an ideal step; and to allow the state government to carry out its task in this regard.

“It is not surprising for us at Amnesty International that the minister, Lai Mohammed, continues to deny that unfortunate incident that happened on October 20, 2020, at the Lekki Tollgate.

“We have seen in the last one year the constant attacks, the constant narrative that is geared toward gas-lighting the victims, survivors and witnesses, and create an impression that people are just up to no good.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/11/were-not-surprised-govt-is-denying-lekki-tollgate-incident-amnesty-international/

26 Likes

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by iwaeda: 9:20am On Nov 24, 2021
According to Ojigho, “I think the first thing is for us to establish the fact that there are different layers of government.

“So what has been presented to the Lagos State Government, as we all know, is easy for the governments to communicate with themselves across board.
Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by Deborah98(f): 9:25am On Nov 24, 2021
Whenever I read news like this,I'm either tempted to ask God why He brought me to Nigeria or what's His plan for creating it in the first place. Since they've denied nothing of such happened,I'll be the last person to ever believe anything from them again. They're bunch of liars and hypocrites. Wicked and heartless beings.

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by TooMuchStuff: 9:25am On Nov 24, 2021
Lekki Massacre happened

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by ba7man(m): 9:28am On Nov 24, 2021
You can't write a report riddled with unverified reports and expect logical people to swallow it without questions.

The panel must be cross examined to defend their report to show the world how they arrived at their conclusions.

32 Likes 14 Shares

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 24, 2021
For all the critics that buhari and his dss-bandits have used propaganda to illegally arrest their directors,people's gazette,Sahara reporters, premium times,yinka odumakin,Nnamdi Kanu ipob,etc,it is only amnesty international that Buhari's government have not find one false accusation to invade it headquarters and arrest anyone illegally.
I think it is because AI is not a Nigeria institutional body.If not,DSS-bandits for don kidnap their oga.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by Jostoman: 9:47am On Nov 24, 2021
ba7man:
You can't write a report riddled with unverified reports and expect logical people to swallow it without questions.

The panel must be cross examined to defend their report to show the world how they arrived at their conclusions.
this one that you are changing your Monika as if you are changing clothe just to defend this evil government.

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by ba7man(m): 9:48am On Nov 24, 2021
Jostoman:
this one that you are changing your Monika as if you are changing clothe just to defend this evil government.
So what do you have to say about the errors spotted in the report??

13 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by omowolewa: 9:53am On Nov 24, 2021
Predictable government

The disappointment would have been anything should of that

4 Likes

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by treesun: 9:59am On Nov 24, 2021
Do they ever think of the future of their children. Blood cries till tenth generation and beyond!

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by Nonpartisan1: 10:01am On Nov 24, 2021
What is Amensty International? grin grin This PDP affiliate group?

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by Racoon(m): 10:01am On Nov 24, 2021
There is no evil the Buhari government can not do and deny.

6 Likes

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 24, 2021
ba7man:

Buhari and his supporters always want everything to favour them.Othwrwise,it a fake news.

29 Likes

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by bernf16(m): 10:35am On Nov 24, 2021
The panels majorly Barristers doing well in their field...so were expecting them to be goofing knowing fully well LASG gave them the job to do with no interference as promised.

I hope u ain't among the youths of this country...it gonna hurt sooooo much with this reasoning of yours.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by xelly: 10:40am On Nov 24, 2021
ba7man:

Did you take part in that killing and you are trying to use faceless medium to ridicule the findings?

If you have error, point it out and show us steps taken to tag it error.

19 Likes

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by esnbrutality: 10:48am On Nov 24, 2021
The report and findings are in Locations and organizations, online miscreants cant counter. Its so disgusting that the zombies at the forefront of ridiculing the panels report, are foot soldiers of APC in Lagos and other SW states. These miscreants are senselessly useless and foolish to say the least, they are busy being foolish but "THIEFNUBUs" .......Osibanjo.......Aregbesola's ....Family and Children collects their destiny.

IMAGINE THIS...

A GOVERNMENT SETS UP A PROBE PANEL AND THE SAME PANEL INDICTS THE GOVERNMENT. THE SAME GOVERNMENT UNLEASHES TOUTS THUGS AND ONLINE MISCREANTS TO CHANGE THE NARRATIVE.

This same Miscreants are actually the FULLZ that insult IPOB ..IGBO...BIAFRA....or anything that doesn't support the useless "Druggie" who incidentally is the person that actually instructed the Army to come to the Toll Gate. The "Druggie" ran away when he thought the boomerang would consume him...this same "druggie" has legions of internet miscreants who want to launder his political advancement as a "democrat"... This same "druggie's" boyz are the people that stabbed tat young lady....

JUST TO TELL THE DRUGGIE foot soldiers....your retribution will be swift and painful...

5 Likes

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by iwaeda: 10:54am On Nov 24, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by vedaxcool(m): 10:58am On Nov 24, 2021
From massacre to incident... We are getting somewhere!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by NaijirianKing: 11:52am On Nov 24, 2021
Stop

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by NaijirianKing: 11:55am On Nov 24, 2021
Please stop

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by NaijirianKing: 11:58am On Nov 24, 2021
I am?

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by NaijirianKing: 12:00pm On Nov 24, 2021
Exactly.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by ImoleNaija: 12:04pm On Nov 24, 2021
Amnesty International also called for investigation into the entire #EndSARS protests across the country, and not the Lekki Tollgate incident alone.

Exactly! Heads must roll....

They should look into the killings, lootings & property destructions that took place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by Ologundudu2020: 12:05pm On Nov 24, 2021
My advice for an average Nigerian, get closer to God and get a dog to watch.
Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by Grace001: 12:05pm On Nov 24, 2021
I have said it, those that run the affairs of this contraption are WICKED HEARTLESS AND BRUTAL they can’t stand it when any group or individual want to change the status quo.

You expected people of such characters to accept a report exposing their wicked acts. They will continue to deny it.

If you have ears hear this, Nigeria being a useless and failed country doesn’t worth protesting for. If you go out to any future protest and they kill you, you die for nothing.

I know some mumu will still be forming James Bond over a failed country, you’re on your own.
Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by Sabadon(m): 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2021
As expected they ll flood this page with "it was a hoax" my prayer is may the hoax be your lot

Annoyingly irritating.
Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by Fyie: 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2021
Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
That's the government the zombies cherish and adore. The best thing they want for Nigeria because of 30k BMC allowee

1 Like

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by obembet(f): 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
There something I don't understand about this Lekki matter. People that died in Obigbo is much more than lekki but nobody talk about it. Even My brother from East will prefer to insult Tinubu about Lekki but never mention about Obigbo in Rivers State which is really concerns Igbos..

Anyway, anyone that have hand in that Lekki massacre will not have peace

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by Amspecial: 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
angry
Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by Godada(m): 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2021

The depth which this country has sunk to is unimaginable.

Human lives have lost its value.

It's safe to equate the sanctity of human lives to those of cows.

Imagine, if cows were slaughtered, combat ready hardware would have been deployed.

Sorry, I made a mistake. Humans have no value whatsoever where cows are concerned.
Re: We Are Not Surprised Govt Is Denying Lekki Tollgate Incident — Amnesty Int'l by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 24, 2021
ba7man:

Have some sense. It was the job of the panel to ask the questions and cross examine witnesses and testimonies. This they've done and found the government culpable.

Think my friend, think next time before spewing garbage.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Those Calling For My Resignation Are Kids, Ayu To Wike’s Camp / Hadi Sirika Slams Extra Lessons For Children In Schools / Nnamdi Kanu: Umahi Will Pay For Brutalisation Of IPOB Members In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.