Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi (11320 Views)

Pat Utomi Condemns Conduct Of Labour Party Lawmakers / Pat Utomi: Fulanis Made Me Rich, They Did More For Me Than My Own People / ''Nigeria Is The Most Miserable Place To Live On Earth Right Now'' - Pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by inoki247: 8:54pm On Nov 24, 2021
ok
Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by Patrioticman007(m): 8:54pm On Nov 24, 2021
Absolute power intoxicate absolutely.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by Throwback: 8:54pm On Nov 24, 2021
This is very brilliant.

IBB, Obasanjo, Jonathan, and Buhari are perfect epitomes of what one can become when in or out of power.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by Amalekki: 8:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
My favorite topic right there grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by planetuzor(m): 8:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
Such a wonderful piece

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by Amalekki: 8:56pm On Nov 24, 2021
KingEverest:
Power corrupts absolute power corrupts absolutely sad
A quote that is well tested and trusted. Never fails.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by obonujoker(m): 8:57pm On Nov 24, 2021
Money of course
Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by seyz91(m): 8:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
cheesy
MrImole:
Haha!

Is he truly expecting us to say something?
Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 9:00pm On Nov 24, 2021
......someone who doesn’t fear them, expects no favours from them, and can tell them uncomfortable truths without fear of consequences........

Toe-holder should be the work of majority but then every man has a price and sadly those in power determine it cost..

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by jaybeez: 9:02pm On Nov 24, 2021
Demi-god status. Everyone around you starts kneeling to greet you. Asking for favours, caliing you your excellency. 100 mopol on standby with various land cruiser suv bowing before you. The ego is super inflated for next 4 years or so

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by Golan007: 9:03pm On Nov 24, 2021
Because you get into government and realise the layers and layers of problems.

If you include the inherent corrupt nature of the average Nigerian....
Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by andyanders: 9:03pm On Nov 24, 2021
Prof, you are right on point and you nailed it herein.
Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by ShoeShineGuy: 9:04pm On Nov 24, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://acnntv.com/why-do-people-in-power-change-radically-by-pat-utomi/

Lala, this post wey u push come FP so long pass Anaconda o. I nor go lie, to even summarise am read sef hard me!

...Or just maybe because I don lose interest/hope for anything that has Naija, politics and politicians in it at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by stanliwise(m): 9:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
This man is a role model for me.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by Agricmoney(m): 9:09pm On Nov 24, 2021
too much expectations

Anyway, Agriculture is life
Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by theysg: 9:09pm On Nov 24, 2021
Wow
Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by emmnprince(m): 9:10pm On Nov 24, 2021
Lalasticlala you try for dropping this. I hope dem manna and other grillers, other loyalists and campaigners of so called upcoming old men who has nothing to offer but more sorrow, pain and disaster will learn from this extract of research work.

Power causes people to lose their capacity for empathy. This is a surprising scientific corroboration of American historian Henry Adams’ popular wisecrack about how power is “a sort of tumour that ends by killing the victim’s sympathies.”

This power self get power o!
Na to learn the art and science of mastering power so that it won't intoxicate and control one o!
Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by Shegzy8(m): 9:10pm On Nov 24, 2021
Because “POWER CORRUPTS and ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY “
Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by sageb: 9:11pm On Nov 24, 2021
"Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" - Lord Acton
Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by KingEverest: 9:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
Amalekki:

A quote that is well tested and trusted. Never fails.
Especially in Africa

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by stanliwise(m): 9:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Because managing people isn't easy. The pressure on leaders is also a problem.

Everyone want a piece of them, some times, you have to be hard on those type of people.

Anyway, there are also people who become power drunk when they get to a place of authority, apart from them, to be sincere, you can not be nice and be in leadership, you will taken for a ride.
He is talking about being incompetent in a way that things that you once thought were abnormal begins to look a little normal.
When one becomes completely absolve that one loose touch of the actually problem of people he/she went in to serve.

By being empathetic he didn’t mean being sympathetic.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by rickyrex(m): 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2021
princeade86:
U are part of them
how is it party of them.. please enlighten me about him

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by ChocolateWine(f): 9:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
Humans have failed to accept the age old truth that Devil rules the world.
Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by SmartPolician: 9:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
kingsways:
It's not that they change, they show their true colours when they get power

Man is fundamentally evil and selfish

Na grammar you dey write.

I just believe that the institutions are so weak to checkmate them and their supporters are nonentities that's why they keep misbehaving.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by ChiefSweetus: 9:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
Ninety6:
Nobody changes... With each circumstances unveils each masks.
smiley
Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by FlipModeSquade(m): 9:42pm On Nov 24, 2021
That's why I dey laugh when them dey say this person or that na the Messiah and the SOLUTION. cheesy

Wait until that Angel get power..

Na there we go know their true color.. sad

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by FlipModeSquade(m): 9:45pm On Nov 24, 2021
SmartPolician:

Na grammar you dey write.

I just believe that the institutions are so weak to checkmate them and their supporters are nonentities that's why they keep misbehaving.
Does a true empathic ruler needs institutions to checkmate them..

Before they do the right thing?

Some of the best rulers in history where not elected..

It's just like saying a man needs the fear of the wrath of a vengeful god..

Before he does the noble and correct thing..

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by TheTourist: 9:49pm On Nov 24, 2021
WHAT A POWERFUL READ. LAI MOHAMMED READILY COMES TO MIND.

PROF PAT DESERVES TO RULE NIGERIA SUPPOSED HE WON'T DEVELOP SUCH SYNDROMES

1 Like

Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by Newton2024: 9:50pm On Nov 24, 2021
[s]
thebosstrevor1:
Because managing people isn't easy. The pressure on leaders is also a problem.

Everyone want a piece of them, some times, you have to be hard on those type of people.

Anyway, there are also people who become power drunk when they get to a place of authority, apart from them, to be sincere, you can not be nice and be in leadership, you will taken for a ride.
[/s] Black brain mindset. APC zombie.
Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by Jaqenhghar: 9:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
They don't change. Power just reveals them.
Re: Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi by Homeaffairz: 9:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
Nothing but the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Presidency to Grace IgbereTVAwards on Thursday in Abuja (Photos) / Electricity Will Drop By 300MW After Rainy Season – NERC / Wike Meets With Physically Challenged Indigenes Of Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.