Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? (782 Views)

Don’t Vote For Peter Obi, Chimaroke Nnamani Warns Enugu Indigenes / 2023: Don’t Vote For Atiku, Saraki, Peter Obi - Obasanjo Tells Nigerians / Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by Penguin2: 7:48am On Nov 25, 2021
As the preparations for 2023 general elections hit top gear, one of the many rhetorics that has been in the public space is that we should look beyond APC and PDP in 2023 to cast our votes. Of course this is obviously in the presidential election.

This narrative is projected by those who argue that APC and PDP are peopled by irredeemably corrupt politicians who cannot engineer that kind of change Nigerians are yearning for, hence the need to look beyond the two parties.

But let’s try to dissect this claim and find out if there’s merit.

In logic, there’s something called fallacy and one type of fallacy is the “fallacy of over generalization”. So, first of all, the projectors of this argument are guilty of the fallacy of over generalization by concluding that because A, B and C are in APC and are bad people, therefore all those in APC are bad people. Or because D, E and F are in PDP and are terrible people, therefore PDP as a party is terrible. This kind of thinking is called inductive reasoning. That is, arriving at a general conclusion from the observation of particular events or happenings or occurrences and it has been found to be an erroneous way of reasoning because you will arrive at an erroneous conclusion.

From the above argument, you would see how erroneous their line of thinking is. Because you can’t because you don’t like Buhari, Tinubu and Malami in APC and deny the fact that men like Osinbajo, Umaru Zulum, Dave Umahi and Rotimi Amaechi are not as terrible even though they are not saints. But there are no saints in politics anyway. Or is there?

Again, you can’t say because people like Diezani, Dasuki and Ibori are PDP products, therefore everything about is evil. That would be closing your eyes on characters like Peter Obi, Ibrahim Dakwambo, Akinwunmi Adesina, etc, who are all of PDP stock. So you see how problematic that line of thinking is?

Another point to consider is how many of these parties have national presence to galvanize people for elections and to watch and secure their votes in the over 120,000 polling units in the nation? I give you an example, in 2019, we had over 70 people who contested the presidential election, but I can tell you authoritatively as a fact that at the polling unit where I voted, I did not see any other party agents aside PDP and APC agents. Where was the agents of the 68 others? It’s simple, some of the people who contested in that election didn’t even campaign beyond their states, that is for those that campaigned in their state anyway.

The last thing on my list is “beware of new charlatans”. Yes, beware of new charlatans because we have many of them in our political space already. I suppose you know charlatans, right? But supposing you don’t, let me tell you who charlatans are. Charlatans are those who, happing on public distrust with existing system, claim to have found solution to the system and are therefore an alternative to the present managers of the system and should be given the opportunity to fix the system. Give them the opportunity and they become worse than who they replaced. It is not new , it has been there through history. Men who covet power banking on public disenchantment of their leaders to elect new demons who posed as angels. This is not to say that there are no exceptions to this anyway. But I think Nigerians should know better than trust new charlatans after our 2015 experience.

In conclusion, I am of the opinion that as the voting public, instead of wasting our votes on a “good candidate “ who might not win up to 100k votes in total, we should make the two dominant parties understand that we have no party loyalties but preference for the best candidate. So whichever of the party that presents the best candidate, we queue behind the party and ensure that the candidate is elected. When these parties understand that they will win or lose elections based on the quality of their candidate, then they will start bringing their best men forward as candidates.

So, it is not enough to ask the youth to mobilize and support one of the mushroom parties, the question is what is the structure of that mushroom party? Or would the youth start building up structure for the party?

In the end, I am of the thinking that we should face realism as opposed to such idealistic suggestions and choose between APC and PDP, anyone that presents the best candidate for us as any vote for any mushroom party which will end up counting for nothing, is a wasted vote.

Penguin is a bird of reason!

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by Asgard73: 7:51am On Nov 25, 2021
Power to the people..

We don’t need one idiot to stay in Lagos and be telling Nigerians what to do and how to do it. Like say all Nigerians Na Yoruba people.

It can only be done in Yoruba land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by helinues: 7:53am On Nov 25, 2021
In Ghana it's always between NPP and NDC

In UK, it's always between Labor and Conservative

In Kenya, it's always between ODM and Jubilee

In USA, it's always between Republican and Democrats

Nigeria's case is not different. It will always be between Pdp and Apc for now

2 Likes

Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by helinues: 7:56am On Nov 25, 2021
Asgard73:
Power to the people..

We don’t need one idiot to stay in Lagos and be telling Nigerians what to do and how to do it. Like say all Nigerians Na Yoruba people.

It can only be done in Yoruba land

As how long the op epistle is, he did not mention a single tribe.

Are you fixated with shouting Yoruba upadan in almost all threads.

Your hatred for Yoruba is legendary even for the fact that you had your tertiary in the same region...

Life is too short to harbor such hatred in heart

5 Likes

Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by Kriss216: 7:59am On Nov 25, 2021
[s]
helinues:

Your hatred for Yoruba is legendary even for the fact that you had your tertiary in the same region...

[/s]
It's too early.

1 Like

Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by Maxymilliano(m): 8:01am On Nov 25, 2021
KOWA ... cool
Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by KingEverest: 8:02am On Nov 25, 2021
Good points you made there very good but we are not saying everybody in these two political parties are corrupt, the problem is political godfathers that control these parties, these godfathers help their favorite candidates win so wen in office the president must bend to the will of the godfather, look at the case of buhari and the cabal for example, but just like you said the chances of someone outside these two parties winning a presidential election is very slim. Now you see the predicament Nigeria fine herself in undecided
Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by helinues: 8:02am On Nov 25, 2021
Kriss216:
[s][/s]
It's too early.

Guess it's not too early for the guy to start his usual ranting about Yoruba..

What have Yoruba done to him to the extent that he can't even make a single comment without mentioning them?

May be you should ask him or perhaps you could go through his history to confirm that

3 Likes

Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by Asgard73: 8:04am On Nov 25, 2021
helinues:

Nothing personal is all politcs ..

I’ve told you .. stop this blackmail.. it won’t work.
My very close friends are Yoruba and they know my moniker too well.

Tinubu once say during a Lagos state campaign..
Hit the opposition below belt .. where it pains and draw emotional weakness

Ask you.. have you met this your Tinubu one on one.. or in group ?

You will understand why he has thenation dailies and Tvc

Ambode won .. JK lost.. the rest is history .

Don’t bring sentiments to politics.
Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by Kriss216: 8:05am On Nov 25, 2021
helinues:

Guess it's not too early for the guy to start his usual ranting about Yoruba..

What have Yoruba done to him to the extent that he can't even make a single comment without mentioning them?

May be you should ask him or perhaps you could go through his history to confirm that
Allow the Yoruba people to worry about that. You're from Kwara, Kwara is Fulani land. North Central.

3 Likes

Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by helinues: 8:09am On Nov 25, 2021
Asgard73:

Nothing personal is all politcs ..

I’ve told you .. stop this blackmail.. it won’t work.
My very close friends are Yoruba and they know my moniker too well.

Tinubu once say during a Lagos state campaign..
Hit the opposition below belt .. where it pains and draw emotional weakness

Ask you.. have you met this your Tinubu one on one.. or in group ?

You will understand why he has thenation dailies and Tvc

Ambode won .. JK lost.. the rest is history

What has meeting Tinubu got to do with this conversation? Have you met the Atiku you are routing for in 2023 in person? Alaye don't derail.

Telling us about your Yoruba friends is just as usual gimmick. Politics is all about interest.

Just because we are not on the same page politically shouldn't make us enemies to each other. After all, there are lots of Igbo's in SW while there are reasonable Yoruba's in SE .

Yoruba this, Yoruba that all the time, say wetin happen. Na so your mood dey always be?

And Btw, it's a must to let other readers know that you had you left your region to had your tertiary in the same region you love to hate, going by your comments and activities on NL. Ain't gat no time to blackmail anyone for that matter.

2 Likes

Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by Davicjoe(m): 8:09am On Nov 25, 2021
Religion and Tribalism has been the weapon that has taken Nigeria to where it is today. Same youths that are shouting and wailing against Tinubu's campaign for presidency will see him tomorrow as an angel if he were to decamp to PDP.
It's high time we look beyond party lines.

1 Like

Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 25, 2021
Penguin2:
As the preparations for 2023 general elections hit top gear, one of the many rhetorics that has been in the public space is that we should look beyond APC and PDP in 2023 to cast our votes. Of course this is obviously in the presidential election.

This narrative is projected by those who argue that APC and PDP are peopled by irredeemably corrupt politicians who cannot engineer that kind of change Nigerians are yearning for, hence the need to look beyond the two parties.

But let’s try to dissect this claim and find out if there’s merit.

In logic, there’s something called fallacy and one type of fallacy is the “fallacy of over generalization”. So, first of all, the projectors of this argument are guilty of the fallacy of over generalization by concluding that because A, B and C are in APC and are bad people, therefore all those in APC are bad people. Or because D, E and F are in PDP and are terrible people, therefore PDP as a party is terrible. This kind of thinking is called inductive reasoning. That is, arriving at a general conclusion from the observation of particular events or happenings or occurrence and it has been found to be an erroneous way of reasoning because you will arrive at an erroneous conclusion.

From the above argument, you would see how erroneous their line of thinking is. Because you can’t because you don’t like Buhari, Tinubu and Malami in APC and deny the fact that men like Osinbajo, Umaru Zulum, Dave Umahi and Rotimi Amaechi are not as terrible even though they are not saints. But there are no saints in politics anyway. Or is there?

Again, you can’t say because people like Diezani, Dasuki and Ibori are PDP products, therefore everything about is evil. That would be closing your eyes on characters like Peter Obi, Ibrahim Dakwambo, Akinwunmi Adesina, etc, who are all of PDP stock. So you see how problematic that line of thinking is?

Another point to consider is how many of these parties have national presence to galvanize people for elections and to watch and secure their votes in the over 120,000 polling units in the nation? I give you an example, in 2019, we had over 70 people who contested the presidential election, but I can tell you authoritatively as a fact that at the polling unit where I voted, I did not see any other party agents aside PDP and APC agents. Where was the agents of the 68 others? It’s simple, some of the people who contested in that election didn’t even campaign beyond their states, that is for those that campaigned in their state anyway.

The last thing on my list is “beware of new charlatans”. Yes, beware of new charlatans because we have many of them in our political space already. I suppose you know charlatans, right? But supposing you don’t, let me tell you who charlatans are. Charlatans are those who, happing on public distrust with existing system, claim to have found solution to the system and are therefore an alternative to the present managers of the system and should be given the opportunity to fix the system. Give them the opportunity and they become worse than who they replaced. It is not new , it has been there through history. Men who covet power banking on public disenchantment of their leaders to elect new demons who posed as angels. This is not to say that there are no exceptions to this anyway. But I think Nigerians should know better than trust new charlatans after our 2015 experience.

In conclusion, I am of the opinion that as the voting public, instead of wasting our votes on a “good candidate “ who might win up to 100k votes in total, we should make the two dominant parties understand that we have no party loyalties but preference for the best candidate. So whichever of the party that presents the best candidate, we queue behind the party and ensure that the candidate is elected. When these parties understand that they will win or lose elections based on the quality of their candidate, then they will start bringing their best men forward as candidates.

So, it is not enough to ask the youth to mobilize and support one of the mushroom parties, the question is what is the structure of that mushroom party? Or would the youth start building up structure for the party?

In the end, I am of the thinking that we should face realism as opposed to such idealistic suggestions and choose between APC and PDP, anyone that presents the best candidate for us as any vote for any mushroom party which will end up counting for nothing, is a wasted vote.

Penguin is a bird of reason!

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

I hear your points, but even then, I have never voted for APC or PDP, and don't intend to start voting for them

I have always supported a third party that has a technocrat on the platform. In 2019 it was Moghalu.

The thing is, we have allowed APC and before them PDP to run Nigeria for years. What have they done, nothing. APC that was voted on the platform that they could do better than the PDP trainwreck has turned out to be the mirror image of the PDP...

And both parties always play the religion and ethnic card to gain votes. No thanks. We have already had enough issues there as it is...fanning the flames to get votes is bad.

At the end of the day, I cannot in good conscience, vote for APC or PDP. Yes, it looks funny, but so be it.
Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by Amaechi2023(m): 8:11am On Nov 25, 2021
Well to be honest, these two party are not so different from each others.
Politician would always move to the one that suits their political interests not the masses.
2019 we all failed to give another party a heads up 2023 would be another chance.
Even if that party doesn't win, the message would start coming out.

1 Like

Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by helinues: 8:12am On Nov 25, 2021
Kriss216:

Allow the Yoruba people to worry about that. You're from Kwara, Kwara is Fulani land. North Central.

And you said it's too early.. undecided

My friend, look inside the mirror and after that, replace the kettle with pot on the stove

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by Assimhaven: 8:12am On Nov 25, 2021
Ndp
Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by Kriss216: 8:13am On Nov 25, 2021
helinues:

And you said it's too early.. undecided

My friend, look inside the mirror and after that, replace the kettle with pot on the stove
Stop bleating, yaro.
Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by jetwonder(m): 8:16am On Nov 25, 2021
SDP
📺
Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by Asgard73: 8:18am On Nov 25, 2021
helinues:

What has meeting Tinubu got to do with this conversation? Have you met the Atiku you are routing for in 2023 in person? Alaye don't derail.

Telling us about your Yoruba friends is just as usual gimmick. Politics is all about interest.

Just because we are not on the same page politically shouldn't make us enemies to each other. After all, there are lots of Igbo's in SW while there are reasonable Yoruba's in SE .

Yoruba this, Yoruba that all the time, say wetin happen. Na so your mood dey always be?

And Btw, it's a must to let other readers know that you had you left your region to had your tertiary in the same region you love to hate, going by your comments and activities on NL. Ain't gat no time to blackmail anyone for that matter.

I don’t hate Yoruba ..
This is politics section..
I commend on other sections ..
Blackmailing won’t work on me..
You’re being emotional.. same thing you particularly accuse igbos of..
Told you nothing personal..
create your own style ...
I have my reason on mentioning Yoruba..
tell your fellow urchins to quit the tribal hatred and subtle abuse of igbos and other tribes online ..
On Tinubu matter.. I’m taking it personal and have right to.. a druggie can’t rule Nigeria .. is a no no.

Finally, I’ve not stated any support for any politician on Nairaland .. neither have I campaigned for any

I’m a party man loyal to pda since 99.. and have my believe.. my card Na Ali sign am.

Will go with any presidential candidate of the party.

Helinues if it’s gwtting to you quit Nairaland ...

You always give what you can’t take.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE ..
Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by Asgard73: 8:19am On Nov 25, 2021
Davicjoe:
Religion and Tribalism has been the weapon that has taken Nigeria to where it is today. Same youths that are shouting and wailing against Tinubu's campaign for presidency will see him tomorrow as an angel if he were to decamp to PDP.
It's high time we look beyond party lines.

Tinubu matter is beyond party lines
Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by Asgard73: 8:21am On Nov 25, 2021
Kriss216:

He’s Yoruba from Ogun.. but he loves to give what he can’t take.
Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by helinues: 8:24am On Nov 25, 2021
Asgard73:

I don’t hate Yoruba ..
tell your fellow urchins to quit the tribal hatred and subtle abuse of igbos and other tribes online ..

Finally, I’ve not stated any support for any politician on Nairaland .. neither have I campaigned for any

I’m a party man loyal to pda since 99.. and have my believe.. my card Na Ali sign am.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE ..

I don’t hate Yoruba

@ emboldened with the above, very contradictory.

Like you said, you can't give what you don't have. Lots of you Igbo's on NL are making SW ambition towards 2023 easier. You guys are not interested to hijack undecided voters towards your camp/party, you would rather fight, accuse, abuse them instead. Something becoming a region trait.

Lagos- Ibadan expressway media would soon resume full time job, na SW get am reason why we are sophisticated..

1 Like

Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by Asgard73: 8:30am On Nov 25, 2021
helinues:

@ emboldened with the above, very contradictory.

Like you said, you can't give what you don't have. Lots of you Igbo's in NL are making SW ambition towards 2023 easier. You guys are not interested to hijack undecided voters towards your camp/party, you would rather fight, accuse, abuse them instead. Something becoming a region trait.

Lagos- Ibadan expressway media would soon resume full time job, na SW get am reason why we are sophisticated..

Tinubu urchins is different from Yoruba .. I know igbos that support Tinubu President.. big guys..

As for Una propaganda media grin

That’s why we’re here.. and thanks to internet.. lots of Nigerians are wiser by the minute.

Wait till next 5 months .. politcs is all local

Propaganda ain’t bad .. selling it and people buying it is the problem... even with continuous repetition.. it will be hard to stick .. after Nigerians experience with Buhari.

Why the propaganda no succeed with Buhari administration.. why is it hard to sell Buhari presidency as the best thing from Africa ..

Wake up.. is past time.
Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by Ttalk: 8:50am On Nov 25, 2021
Asgard73:

I don’t hate Yoruba ..
On Tinubu matter.. I’m taking it personal and have right to.. a druggie can’t rule Nigeria .. is a no no.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE ..

If you had been in politics since 1999 and don't know how to play the game, then you are not different from FFK that is always a liability to his party.

How do you win people to your side by being hateful. There are many nuetral minds who don't give a Bleep about Tinubu, but your constant attack has endeared him to them. Every SW PDP who read your comments here would have no choice than to vote for Tinubu.

Your rants on Tinubu is enough promotion for his course. Sadly you haven't campaign for any candidate from PDP. Who do you like this na?

1 Like

Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by Asgard73: 9:07am On Nov 25, 2021
Ttalk:

If you had been in politics since 1999 and don't know how to play the game, then you are not different from FFK that is always a liability to his party.

How do you win people to your side by being hateful. There are many nuetral minds who don't give a Bleep about Tinubu, but your constant attack has endeared him to them. Every SW PDP who read your comments here would have no choice than to vote for Tinubu.

Your rants on Tinubu is enough promotion for his course. Sadly you haven't campaign for any candidate from PDP. Who do you like this na?

Who cares if the whole Yoruba vote for Tinubu?
Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by Penguin2: 9:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
backbencher:

I hear your points, but even then, I have never voted for APC or PDP, and don't intend to start voting for them

I have always supported a third party that has a technocrat on the platform. In 2019 it was Moghalu.

The thing is, we have allowed APC and before them PDP to run Nigeria for years. What have they done, nothing. APC that was voted on the platform that they could do better than the PDP trainwreck has turned out to be the mirror image of the PDP...

And both parties always play the religion and ethnic card to gain votes. No thanks. We have already had enough issues there as it is...fanning the flames to get votes is bad.

At the end of the day, I cannot in good conscience, vote for APC or PDP. Yes, it looks funny, but so be it.

But I do hope you see things from my perspective and realize that voting for those people is just wasting of vote.

Kingsley Moghalu is great, agreed, but he won’t make headway in a mushroom party. So stop throwing away ur vote.

1 Like

Re: If You Say Don’t Vote APC And PDP, Then Which Party? by zionstaar75: 7:09am On Nov 26, 2021
Kwara south is 100% yoruba,pls dont mix things up,so is kogi west
Kriss216:

(1) (2) (Reply)

OBJ: I Will Not Support Yoruba Nation / Nigerian Army’s Arrest Of Taskforce Commander Over Links To Bandits Causes Tensi / Please Amaechi Is Not Igbo, Stop Selling Fake To Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.