Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,113 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents (32713 Views)

Prof Attahiru Jega: Governance Under Buhari Has Been Very Poor & Disappointing / Attahiru Jega Gets JAMB Appointment / Attahiru Jega Joins PRP (Peoples Redemption Party) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by iwaeda: 10:57am On Aug 02, 2021
…Says I am now in PRP looking to save Nigeria

By Ibrahim Wuyo,Kaduna

For their alleged failure to bring the desired growth and development in Nigeria within the past 20 years, a university don and former Chairman of the Independent Electoral Commission of Nigeria ( INEC), Professor Attahiru Muhammad Jega has urged Nigerians not to vote for the ruling All Progressives Congress ( APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party( PDP) henceforth.

He alleged that the two major political parties were like Siamese twin and it was high time Nigerians look for a credible alternative.

” Nigerians should dump the two parties because of their bad antecedents over the last 20 years. Looking at their inability to change the economic fortunes of Nigeria for 20 years now, it is now apparently clear that they would not do anything even if Nigerians vote for any of the two parties again,”he alleged.

Speaking in an interview with the BBC Hausa monitored by our correspondent in Kaduna, Jega explained that ” the bad things these parties committed in those past years, Nigerians should never give their trust to the parties again. It is now very clear that these parties would never change, even if they are given another chance.”

“The APC and PDP have formed governments, we were all witnesses. They did not come with a good intention to make amends. If you look at the fight against corruption, all these corrupt people that were supposed to be prosecuted sneaked into the APC.”

“We are hearing nothing. That is why I’ve since registered with the Peoples Redemption Party( PRP). I am now a PRP member looking for ways to help the Nigeria.”

” That is why we believe now is the time to establish a platform where every good Nigerian should join and contribute towards building the nation on the right path,” he said.

He alleged that those in the major political parties have destroyed everything and had made the parties so stigmatized that whichever good person joins the parties would be considered like them.

He said that was why “it has now become imperative to have a new platform where good Nigerians will constitute the membership.”

Jega also alleged that it was lack of good leadership in Nigeria that threw the nation into it current problems, which have led to the series of agitations for the country to be balkanized.

” Since 1979 I’ve been teaching in the university, for 40 years now. So, from what I read and observed, when I was Chairman of INEC, honestly the way I see our politicians conducting elections and from the manner they represent their people when elected, honestly it is something to be afraid of,” he said.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/08/dont-vote-for-pdp-apc-again-they-have-bad-antecedents-jega-warns-nigerians/amp/?

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by KillMNKnow(f): 11:02am On Aug 02, 2021
Fake news..... Jega will never say that.....

Even if he actually said it...

Lets vote CPC.

Lalong for president 2023

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by NOGRUDGES(m): 11:04am On Aug 02, 2021
Are you sharing money too? Only these two parties can confidently share money at a national level during elections.
Money is the only language 97% of the electorate understand.
But I think APC should have recouped there ROI and made 2000% profit without tax during last elections

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by blueyonder6: 11:04am On Aug 02, 2021
Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by jojofola: 11:04am On Aug 02, 2021
The first comment on this thread tho

The user needs help. Like total Rehabilitation.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by Coronavirus84: 11:04am On Aug 02, 2021
E no go better for you Jega. You foolishly put us in this mess up in the country by manipulating election result for Buhari and you are telling us rubbish now

163 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by Luanpee: 11:04am On Aug 02, 2021
Okay
Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by Cj4charles(m): 11:04am On Aug 02, 2021
Buhari is just testing the microphone and BMC are already screeming cheesy cheesy grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by lonelydora: 11:04am On Aug 02, 2021
If the masses can have "sense" we won't vote for any of them.

We need to try another party, but those other parties are not even serious.

I said it and will say it again....APC will be no more by 2023.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by KayCee92(m): 11:04am On Aug 02, 2021
grin
Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by Cof1ex(m): 11:04am On Aug 02, 2021
Na dem!!!
Sieved beings
Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by fernandoc(m): 11:04am On Aug 02, 2021
The rot lives in Nigerians and the concept of Nigeria as a whole is flawed.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by Drakkernoir: 11:05am On Aug 02, 2021
I really concur...but are Nigerians ready..

It will only give rise to a new set of thieves...

Corruption is embedded in our very fabric.

Na only divine mercy can save us

5 Likes

Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by armadeo(m): 11:05am On Aug 02, 2021
Et tu Jega
Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by melojo: 11:05am On Aug 02, 2021
Let’s vote APC and PDP out

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by JudasNaCarrot: 11:05am On Aug 02, 2021
Stupid man. Were you not the one who rigged APC in and installed the most stupid, idiotic, robotic, vegetative,tribalistic,nepotistic and devilish man to become president.

May Amadioha and his cousin Ogun......

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 02, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 11:06am On Aug 02, 2021
For real?
Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by newguy1(m): 11:06am On Aug 02, 2021
Today I was watching Bolaji Abdullahi former minister of sport on arise,he made lots of point on the governances of these country not excluding himself, my take on it was that Nigerian have great minds those that want to do the right thing the proper way but know the platform that can only get them to those positions are from these crooks these party of illiterate those only purpose is money without work..... to butter jega point APC and pDP will never n can never have the solution to these country’s problem.... ALTERNATIVE is the best n the alternative is simply our foreign citizens who have traveled worked n learn how a city should properly be run. U see every one of us here still in these country can’t b the immediate solution but can be in the process of the solution......

16 Likes

Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by Whitecoal711: 11:06am On Aug 02, 2021
O ga
Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by Bola146(f): 11:06am On Aug 02, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin before nko grin grin we need new blood cool cool

1 Like

Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by Timblogga: 11:06am On Aug 02, 2021
KillMNKnow:
Fake news
vomit on ur spouse.

2 Likes

Re: Attahiru Jega: Don’t Vote For PDP, APC Again; They Have Bad Antecedents by Fountainofyouth(f): 11:06am On Aug 02, 2021
[s]
KillMNKnow:
Fake news
[/s]

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki Pays Surprise Visit To Akume / FG Reacts To Killing Of Nigerian Pastor By Chinese Government / Adamu Garba Tells Opposition To Continue To "Waist" Their Time Going To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.