Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media (943 Views)

Muslims Attacked In Nsukka, Mosques Burnt By Mob In Enugu / Is This Why Governor Umahi Has Been Crying Over New Minimum Wage? / Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by AlexBells(m): 1:53pm On Nov 25, 2021
I arrived Nsukka few days back and this Morning we would be graced with a little fracas as a very promising Nsukka son (Political Activist) had been arrested in a very questionable manner by Governor Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State and as he remains in the custody of those holding him hostage, we keep making our worries known.

Earlier this morning, I was supposed to meet my Friend Erochukwu a close associate of Chijinkem Ugwuanyi but on calling him, there was a palpable unease as he told me that Chijinkem Ugwuanyi had been whisked away by hefty looking police men and on proceeding to the police station, they were informed that he had been taken to Ebonyi.

Although there had been reliable signal that men and even Enugu state Governor is on the issue yet this is unacceptable but then in a time like this we should be mild with words.

We look forward to his release as not to impact the good standing between Enugu state and Ebonyi in particular and as not to impact the positive outlook between Ndi Nsukka and ndi Ebonyi.

Honestly Dave Umahi is not the Governor of Enugu state and such cross state arrest on the issue of free speech is not just an intimidation of the individual but a lack of respect to the integrity of Enugu as a State.

Without further delay, Umahi should release Chijinkem Ugwuanyi, I would be out with my friends this evening to know what's next, seems like my stay in Nsukka won't be exactly as planned.

I'm still thankful to Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi for a swift response, while appealing to Governor Dave Umahi to weild power with constraints as not to ruin his splendid reputation.

Even Omoyele Sowore had join the call
https://www.facebook.com/803267836/posts/10162056232612837/?app=fbl
Please mynnd44, lalasticlala this person may need greater attention.
#FreeChijinkemUgwuanyi

Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by OneCorner: 1:56pm On Nov 25, 2021
Tinubu will regret this
Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by FreeStuffsNG: 2:10pm On Nov 25, 2021
Very misleading. Nobody will arrest you for making post. That you conveniently avoided stating the content itself clearly shows it's not something decent. If anyone wakes up and decides to go cast aspersions or threaten the lives of others on the social media, that is no exercise of free speech and your victim has a right to seek protection from the law and law enforcement agencies.
Tell them o, whenever they want to post their criminally liable contents, they should remember their parents, especially their mothers who will be devastated to hear her son is going straight from class room to jail.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by Asiri1991: 2:11pm On Nov 25, 2021
Good. Umahi should annex the state and rule.

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by triple996(m): 2:17pm On Nov 25, 2021
No erection in biafraland
No freedom in biafraland cheesy
Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by AlexBells(m): 2:21pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Very misleading. Nobody will arrest you for making post. That you conveniently avoided stating the content itself clearly shows it's not something decent. If anyone wakes up and decides to go cast aspersions or threaten the lives of others on the social media, that is no exercise of free speech and your victim has a right to seek protection from the law and law enforcement agencies.
Tell them o, whenever they want to post their criminally liable contents, they should remember their parents, especially their mothers who will be devastated to hear her son is going straight from class room to jail.
Who told you that he is a student, he is a popular political activist in Nsukka, he post loads of political stuff but he is pro PDP
Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by FreeStuffsNG: 2:26pm On Nov 25, 2021
AlexBells:

Who told you that he is a student, he is a popular political activist is Nsukka, he post loads of political stuff but he is pro PDP
Classroom is not only for students. He is not a political activist, there's nothing like that, just either call him a social commentator or politician. Btw, those are not even the issue, I am just reminding your conscience about the hidden part and not to be misled or mislead the public that he was arrested for posting. You can not be arrested for posting but can be arrested and held to account for criminally liable contents you post.

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by AlexBells(m): 2:35pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Classroom is not only for students. He is not a political activist, there's nothing like that, just either call him a social commentator or politician. Btw, those are not even the issue, I am just reminding your conscience about the hidden part and not to be misled or mislead the public that he was arrested for posting. You can not be arrested for posting but can be arrested and held to account for criminally liable contents you post.

He is not a social commentator, he is an activist, you don't have to try to mess with my head every political active person can potentially be a politician, so he is not a social commentator, becuase he don't comment on gender inequality and other core social issues but on political issue.

You are talking as if we had not seen Umahi arrest others before, what about the lawyer that he earlier arrested on the ground accusation of social bullying when it was apparent that the young man was stating the obvious in the said statement, he is becoming something else honestly.
Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by FreeStuffsNG: 2:42pm On Nov 25, 2021
AlexBells:

He is not a social commentator, he is an activist, you don't have to try to mess with my head every political active person can potentially be a politician, so he is not a social commentator, becuase he don't comment on gender inequality but on political issue.

You are talking as if we had not seen Umahi arrest others before, what about the lawyer that he earlier arrested on the ground accusation of social bullying when it was apparent that the young man was stating the obvious in the said statement, he is becoming something else honestly.
Sir, please tell us what he posted, I have a feeling that you are aware that what he posted is criminally liable.
If you call him an activist, these are synonyms for activist and politician is one among others like manipulator, rabble rouser etc

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by SirBlack999(m): 2:47pm On Nov 25, 2021
Mini tyrant. Where's supposed to show his balls, he won't. Efulefu
Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by Moferere: 2:57pm On Nov 25, 2021
OneCorner:
Tinubu will regret this

You are so disgusting an illiterate
Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by Mayohl: 3:10pm On Nov 25, 2021
This political leaders din pursue democracy go wilderness
Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by JavaScript90: 3:25pm On Nov 25, 2021
I just lost my respect for umahi
Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by helinues: 3:51pm On Nov 25, 2021
One side of the story

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by AlexBells(m): 3:58pm On Nov 25, 2021
helinues:
One side of the story
Come and read the other side here https://www.nairaland.com/6867343/detailed-account-reason-governor-umahi
Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by Awkabigboy: 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
You are so observant and not biased. Dude skipped the main issue the guy posted

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by Awkabigboy: 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2021
AlexBells:

He is not a social commentator, he is an activist, you don't have to try to mess with my head every political active person can potentially be a politician, so he is not a social commentator, becuase he don't comment on gender inequality and other core social issues but on political issue.

Tell us what the ugwuanyi posted, all of us can't be biased and naive at the same time
Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by Awkabigboy: 4:11pm On Nov 25, 2021
JavaScript90:
I just lost my respect for umahi
Keep your respect for your father at home whom you dont even respect. A neutral and intelligent person would have sought to know the content of the so called Facebook post.
Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by AlexBells(m): 4:14pm On Nov 25, 2021
Awkabigboy:

Tell us what the ugwuanyi posted, all of us can't be biased and naive at the same time
that's what he happened, check the link
https://www.nairaland.com/6867343/detailed-account-reason-governor-umahi
Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2021
Umahi, Buhari and military rule...

Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by GreyLaw(m): 4:55pm On Nov 25, 2021
These are men who would be worse than dictators. A man who cannot go through legal channels but resort to "force" to resolve publications against him. People write lies everyday against politicians and nobody did a cross state arrest against them. People talk lies against Tinubu everyday and still go free.

Umahi, a governor hailed to high heavens, but cannot live with wrong accusations and publications. Such people should NOT be allowed near the highest office of the land, ever. If he ever becomes president he'll jail people for the slightest provocation. He's not even as smart as Buhari who successfully hid his own tendencies before becoming president. This one, governor, and is already effecting cross-state arrest.
Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by AlexBells(m): 5:02pm On Nov 25, 2021
GreyLaw:
These are men who would be worse than dictators. A man who cannot go through legal channels but resort to "force" to resolve publications against him. People write lies everyday against politicians and nobody did a cross state arrest against them. People talk lies against Tinubu everyday and still go free.

Umahi, a governor hailed to high heavens, but cannot live with wrong accusations and publications. Such people should NOT be allowed near the highest office of the land, ever. If he ever becomes president he'll jail people for the slightest provocation. He's not even as smart as Buhari who successfully hid his own tendencies before becoming president. This one, governor, and is already effecting cross-state arrest.
I don't really think this is a test of his candidacy for the presidency, as such we would remain calm and I must say that as a father, Umahi can pick him up but until I understand the severity of the situation, I would not judge Umahi's presidential candidacy from that perspective, he will come out and Umahi can aspire for any office, this issue here does not deny the fact that infrastructure and development wise, Umahi had delivered

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by Myexdisturbs: 5:26pm On Nov 25, 2021
AlexBells:

I don't really think this is a test of his candidacy for the presidency, as such we would remain calm and I must say that as a father, Umahi can pick him up but until I understand the severity of the situation, I would not judge Umahi's presidential candidacy from that perspective, he will come out and Umahi can aspire for any office, this issue here does not deny the fact that infrastructure and development wise, Umahi had delivered
Wow, you're really an unbiased guy oo. I'm just surprised
Re: Governor Umahi Arrests Another In Nsukka For Making Post On Social Media by Tinubuadvocate: 5:33pm On Nov 25, 2021
Stop smoking lizard poo.
OneCorner:
Tinubu will regret this

(1) (Reply)

Corrupt Politicians Spending All Our Money On Nollywood Actresses And Run Girls / 20 People Killed In Faskari LGA Of Katsina / Why Jonathan Must Not Contest In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.