Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,844 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 (3613 Views)

Abia State Governorship Saga: Ikpeazu being manipulated against 2023 elections? / Charles Awuzie: DCP Abba Kyari Is Innocent, Was Only Manipulated By Hushpuppi / Adebanji Akintoye Emerges 4th Yoruba Race Leader, Defeats Tinubu, PRONACO Kicks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by UncleAyo: 9:15am On Nov 27, 2021
joyandfaith:

Ya to si pe ede yoruba soro la ti ko, o tun le gan lati ka.

Emi paapa a ma se asise l'eekokan ti mo ba n ko oro sile ni ede yoruba. Mo si ma n ronu ni ede geesi ni gbogbo igba.
Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by UncleAyo: 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2021
MorataFC:
Lekki people? grin

Tell me more about Lekki people
Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by UncleAyo: 5:13pm On Nov 27, 2021
MorataFC:
Op,you are guilty of all,I expected u to write this write-up in Yoruba .

Many of you think Yoruba is easy, if I ask you to mention this amount in Yoruba now many of u will fail. #1,578,066.23. grin

Edakun e ma binu, mi o ba ti ko ni yoruba. Ni tooto ni mo jebi die, sugbon kiise gbogbo re.
Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by orisa37: 7:26pm On Nov 27, 2021
No RESTRUCTURING OF NIGERIA INTO 42 FULLY AUTONOMOUS POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING CONSTITUTIONAL STATES, NO 2023.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by UncleAyo: 6:56pm On Dec 08, 2021
Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by Transcriber: 8:20pm On Dec 08, 2021
Very correct

Kaare omoluabi smiley

My name has an orishá in it and I will persuade my children to keep it and practice our isese kiss

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by UncleAyo: 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2021
Transcriber:
Very correct

Kaare omoluabi smiley

My name has an orishá in it and I will persuade my children to keep it and practice our isese kiss

My name also has Orisha in it and I don't care.
Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by UncleAyo: 10:25pm On Jul 15, 2023
Iba Olodumare
Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by Vboot1: 12:32am On Jul 16, 2023
Okay

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by optionalY09: 2:58am On Jul 16, 2023
UncleAyo:
Yoruba Race: You are being manipulated if you do these 11

One thing about manipulation is that the person being manipulated will think everything is Ok and that he or she is doing the right thing. Here are 11 signs to know whether you are being manipulated as a Yoruba human.

#1. You revoke your Yoruba name because it has one of the Orishas in it: Whether it’s your pastor that convinced you by giving you some spiritual excuses or its because you want to travel out of Nigeria, one way or the other you are been manipulated.

#2. You see Yoruba religion as idolatry: all the world religion is idolatry, including all the Abrahamic religion: Christianity, Islam, name it. For a religion to be idolatry, there must be (a). items of worship or of reference to deity like pictures or statutes e.g. the cross, Kaaba of the Bedouin tribes; (b). religion rituals such as the killing of rams, Holy communion; and then (c). Human-God reference or representative and or messenger.

#3. You totally believe the slave trade narration as better explanation for the appearance of the Yoruba race all over the world: This is a lie that we are been told again and again. Yoruba are believed to be part of the pre-Columbia American.

#4. You derogatory call the Yoruba language “vernacular” and shun children and young adult from speaking it: The word "vernacular" in itself is not a negative word as it is simply can mean "indigenous language of a people". If a people are prevented from speaking their language, then who will?

#5. You do not have many Yoruba traditional wears: If you think that putting on of Yoruba cloth will make you look less "corporate", and you don't really care about acquiring Yoruba traditional outfit, you may need to have a rethink about your heritage and start taking deliberate effort about this.

#6. You prefer foreign music to Yoruba: non Yoruba music are all good, in fact you can get spiritual and entertained through music, but manipulation set in when you start making illogical preference to non-Yoruba music and think music about Yoruba Orisha, culture and tradition are bad.

#7. You cannot recite some of the Yoruba poems and rhymes: Poems and rhymes are part of your cultural identity. The poems were created to teach morals and inculcate the Omoluabi character. If you defaulted here, then now is the time not to only start learning but to also teach your children. Teachers in schools should also encourage teaching and memorising of these. Have you seen the beauty of: Toju Iwa, Ise loogun ise, Kini n o fole se laye ti mo wa...

#8. You do not have a Yoruba name or you hate being called by your Yoruba name.

#9. You name your children many non-Yoruba name and prefer to call them by their non-Yoruba names: This is also a sign of been manipulated.

#10. Your children cannot speak Yoruba: They speak other language fluently but you frowning at them whenever they speak Yoruba is inferiority complex and a sign of been manipulated. This is not even in the Yoruba gene. 'A complete child' should be taught to speak not only foreign language fluently but also Yoruba.

#11. You think that explaining of concepts with Yoruba in schools is bad: how better will a student understand than when tough concepts are explained using the student's native language.

See other Entertaining and Educative findings about the Yoruba race on the thread with link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/6865883/yoruba-race-history-culture-spread

Beautiful people the most blessed people in the whole wide world. I love myself i love everyone that looks like me and beyond. How can you say you love others if you don’t love yourself first.
Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by BabaRamota1980: 3:01am On Jul 16, 2023
UncleAyo:
Yoruba Race: You are being manipulated if you do these 11

One thing about manipulation is that the person being manipulated will think everything is Ok and that he or she is doing the right thing. Here are 11 signs to know whether you are being manipulated as a Yoruba human.

#1. You revoke your Yoruba name because it has one of the Orishas in it: Whether it’s your pastor that convinced you by giving you some spiritual excuses or its because you want to travel out of Nigeria, one way or the other you are been manipulated.

#2. You see Yoruba religion as idolatry: all the world religion is idolatry, including all the Abrahamic religion: Christianity, Islam, name it. For a religion to be idolatry, there must be (a). items of worship or of reference to deity like pictures or statutes e.g. the cross, Kaaba of the Bedouin tribes; (b). religion rituals such as the killing of rams, Holy communion; and then (c). Human-God reference or representative and or messenger.

#3. You totally believe the slave trade narration as better explanation for the appearance of the Yoruba race all over the world: This is a lie that we are been told again and again. Yoruba are believed to be part of the pre-Columbia American.

#4. You derogatory call the Yoruba language “vernacular” and shun children and young adult from speaking it: The word "vernacular" in itself is not a negative word as it is simply can mean "indigenous language of a people". If a people are prevented from speaking their language, then who will?

#5. You do not have many Yoruba traditional wears: If you think that putting on of Yoruba cloth will make you look less "corporate", and you don't really care about acquiring Yoruba traditional outfit, you may need to have a rethink about your heritage and start taking deliberate effort about this.

#6. You prefer foreign music to Yoruba: non Yoruba music are all good, in fact you can get spiritual and entertained through music, but manipulation set in when you start making illogical preference to non-Yoruba music and think music about Yoruba Orisha, culture and tradition are bad.

#7. You cannot recite some of the Yoruba poems and rhymes: Poems and rhymes are part of your cultural identity. The poems were created to teach morals and inculcate the Omoluabi character. If you defaulted here, then now is the time not to only start learning but to also teach your children. Teachers in schools should also encourage teaching and memorising of these. Have you seen the beauty of: Toju Iwa, Ise loogun ise, Kini n o fole se laye ti mo wa...

#8. You do not have a Yoruba name or you hate being called by your Yoruba name.

#9. You name your children many non-Yoruba name and prefer to call them by their non-Yoruba names: This is also a sign of been manipulated.

#10. Your children cannot speak Yoruba: They speak other language fluently but you frowning at them whenever they speak Yoruba is inferiority complex and a sign of been manipulated. This is not even in the Yoruba gene. 'A complete child' should be taught to speak not only foreign language fluently but also Yoruba.

#11. You think that explaining of concepts with Yoruba in schools is bad: how better will a student understand than when tough concepts are explained using the student's native language.

See other Entertaining and Educative findings about the Yoruba race on the thread with link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/6865883/yoruba-race-history-culture-spread

Wa gba yi!
Sere be!
Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by Abokiijebu: 3:43am On Jul 16, 2023
Very commendable.
Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by fx45(m): 7:06am On Jul 16, 2023
sucemt:
I am an Igbo guy, and I approve of this message 100%.
Who asked you where you're from?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by UncleAyo: 4:18pm On Jul 16, 2023
Omoluabi
Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by UncleAyo: 7:41am On Jul 17, 2023
Yoruba
Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by Gboom: 10:45am On Jul 17, 2023
Yooba o rorun lati ko abi lati ka nitoripe gbogbo eko ipinle wa ni awon ile iwe wa ede geesi ni won fi ko won (Most of our initial lessons are being taught in English language)
Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by UncleAyo: 9:36pm On Jul 17, 2023
Gboom:
Yooba o rorun lati ko abi lati ka nitoripe gbogbo eko ipinle wa ni awon ile iwe wa ede geesi ni won fi ko won (Most of our initial lessons are being taught in English language)

Ododo. Sugbon a ko gbodo fi ede wa sile. Opolopo awon alawo funfun paapa ti n ko lati lee so ede yoruba. Opolopo won lo si n ko ise asa Yoruba pelu.
Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by UncleAyo: 2:00pm On Dec 01, 2023
Great culture, great people!
Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by UncleAyo: 8:13pm On Apr 19
Another day to be alive.
Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by BeardedMeat(m): 9:57pm On Apr 19
Tomilola360:
only sensible people have commented so far. Kudos
Until you arrived.
Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by UncleAyo: 2:21pm On May 01
Another day to learn.
Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by UncleAyo: 5:58pm On May 01
Yoruba
Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by UncleAyo: 5:59pm On May 01
Yorubaa
Re: Yoruba Race: You Are Being Manipulated If You Do More Than 2 Of These 11 by UncleAyo: 7:27pm On May 01
Yoruba Yes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogun International Cargo Airport Taking Shape (photo) / Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? / Gov. Fayemi Inaugurates N1bn Hospital Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.