Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,971 members, 7,810,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos (2096 Views)

Soludo Tasks Landlords In Onitsha To Repaint Old Houses, Constructs More Roads / Dapo Abiodun: I’ve Constructed More Roads Than Amosun, Daniel, Osoba / Udom Emmanuel Is Boosting Akwa Ibom Economy With Roads Construction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by Hunchogee: 1:49pm On Nov 26, 2021
GROANS BY PROPERTY OWNERS END, AS GOV UDOM MOVES TO COMPLETE MORE MAJOR ROADS

With no furore from Akwa Ibom State property owners who are affected by the ongoing roads constructions, many persons may be led into believing that construction of roads had ceased in the state.

A visit to major projects construction sites such as the Uyo -Etinan Road, the Etinan-Ndon Eyo Road, the Etinan - Eket Road, Uyo - Airport Road and the Airport-Okobo dual carriage ways, reveal remarkable progress of work, despite the deafening silence.

Akwa Ibom State Commissioner for Works and Fire Service, Prof. Eno Ibanga has opened up on why payment of compensations to property owners for right of way on road project sites in the state, is no longer a major problem.

In a chat with newsmen in Uyo, the Works Commissioner who noted that the government of Governor Udom Emmanuel has a human face in its dealings with benefiting communities and property owners.

He explained that under his watch the ministry allows the valuers and the property owners to take responsibility for their entitlements.

"Government must have a human face and that's what we are doing. Yes, we are paying compensation and we give opportunity to whichever valuer you think you can pick.

"Even after we have paid them their money, we give a time frame of two weeks for property owners to take away your belongings and retrieve whatever they wish from the buildings, before we move in to have a right of way.

"Whatever the valuer recommends is what we pay them.

"We don't get question the valuers and we thread with caution with the property owners because when a person builds a house , there is an emotional attachment, and we take all that into consideration while dealing with them.

" We pay the stipulated amount given by the valuer and they sort it out with the owners of the properties. We don't get involved in personal relationship with valuers and that has brought peace.

"Secondly, if you complain about the compensation, we can bring a second valuer to look at it. We are humans too.

He explained that they concentrated on right of way on the 20km Etinan-Ndoneyo road and have obtained 17.4km right of way with major focus on demolitions of structures pending fair weather.

He lauded the quality of work done by construction giants, Julius Berger with regards to road thickness and asphalting stating that the axis would be a major link to the industrial development areas.

"With what is happening at the Ibom Deep seaport and free trade zone, that axis would be an industrial hub.

"The new University is also at that axis, it's also an entry from the town to the development areas down to Port Harcourt.

" All kinds of heavy duty vehicles would ply that road so the quality is of high standard", he added.

He eulogised Governor Udom Emmanuel for being a visionary leader and commended his industrialization expansion programmes especially the expansion on going at the Uyo - Airport road axis.

Prof Ibanga expressed displeasure over the slow pace of work at some project sites in the state, charging the contractors to redouble efforts to deliver quality projects despite the rains.

He said Governor Emmanuel has lived up to its part of agreement by releasing adequate funds to contractors to enable them to fulfill their own part, but it was sad to notice the slow pace of work at some project sites recently visited.

The commissioner had earlier within the week held a meeting with contractors handling different projects across the state at the Conference Hall of the Ministry at the Secretariat Annex, Udo Udoma Avenue, Uyo, the state capital.

He noted that while some of the contractors had proven to be reliable partners by showing commitment, ingenuity and strict adherence to professionalism in handling their projects, others were yet to make any impressive efforts.

Prof. Ibanga insisted that the unfriendly weather occasioned by frequent rainfall should not be an excuse as there were some stages of work that could still be achieved despite the rains, and frowned at contractors, who used it as an excuse to stay away from project sites.

God bless Ibom republic
God bless Ibeno and it’s islands

Lalasticlala, Seun, Mynd44 front page

Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by Fahdiga(m): 1:49pm On Nov 26, 2021
A party with ideology is working

2 Likes

Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by BKayy: 1:51pm On Nov 26, 2021
Fahdiga:
A party with ideology is working
Is it not the same party Onye Ikpeazụ is part of? grin

If I can remember clearly, Ikpeazụ is still in PDP

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by Fahdiga(m): 1:53pm On Nov 26, 2021
BKayy:

Is it not the same party Onye Ikpeazụ is part of? grin

If I can remember clearly, Ikpeazụ is still in PDP
We have bad eggs in every sphere of life so Ikpeazu is a bad egg in PDP

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by BKayy: 1:55pm On Nov 26, 2021
Fahdiga:
We have bad eggs in every sphere of life so Ikpeazu is a bad egg in PDP
LOL grin
I like the your comment. I like the way you are not stingy with the truth.

5 Likes

Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by Fahdiga(m): 1:57pm On Nov 26, 2021
BKayy:

LOL grin
Failure is failure and we should not reinforce failure. Ikpeazu is a disgrace to PDP
Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by Hunchogee: 1:57pm On Nov 26, 2021
BKayy:

LOL grin
Me too grin
Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by yinkus6750(m): 1:57pm On Nov 26, 2021
Thats the problem.
We politicise everything.
Its not all about party, more of the individual in charge of governance .
Political parties have both performing and non performing governors .

2 Likes

Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by Hunchogee: 2:05pm On Nov 26, 2021
yinkus6750:
Thats the problem.
We politicise everything.
Its not all about party, more of the individual in charge of governance .
Political parties have both performing and non performing governors .
Your right
Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by temitope27(m): 2:07pm On Nov 26, 2021
Is this man really trying? Akwa ibomite
Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by paltielx: 2:12pm On Nov 26, 2021
Please people close to udom should ask him to pay our aged parent their gratuity, they are dying
Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by SmartPolician: 2:14pm On Nov 26, 2021
Akwa Ibom has a lot of money to throw around and Udom Emmanuel is judiciously using it. Bayelsa State has so much to learn from Akwa Ibom because while the two enjoy huge cash from the FG, latter is miles ahead of the former in constructing key projects that affect the people and economy of its state.
Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by Hunchogee: 2:23pm On Nov 26, 2021
temitope27:
Is this man really trying? Akwa ibomite
That guy is supered
Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by Namnam: 2:33pm On Nov 26, 2021
I don’t mind if they’re destroying suburbs with those roads, suburbs waste land and resources
Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by KingEverest: 2:51pm On Nov 26, 2021
best performing governor cool
Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by Hunchogee: 4:01pm On Nov 26, 2021
Namnam:
I don’t mind if they’re destroying suburbs with those roads, suburbs waste land and resources
Ok
Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by JavaScript90: 5:07pm On Nov 26, 2021
Great
Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by Hunchogee: 6:18pm On Nov 26, 2021
JavaScript90:
Great
Yes bro
Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by tutudesz: 6:26pm On Nov 26, 2021
SmartPolician:
Akwa Ibom has a lot of money to throw around and Udom Emmanuel is judiciously using it. Bayelsa State has so much to learn from Akwa Ibom because while the two enjoy huge cash from the FG, latter is miles ahead of the former in constructing key projects that affect the people and economy of its state.
What about Delta State Their allocation is bigger than Akwa Ibom and yet nothing to show for it
Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by Hunchogee: 7:19pm On Nov 26, 2021
tutudesz:

What about Delta State Their allocation is bigger than Akwa Ibom and yet nothing to show for it
Really ?
Mynd44 fp
Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by tutudesz: 7:48pm On Nov 26, 2021
Hunchogee:

Really ?
Mynd44 fp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by SaintBishop: 8:10pm On Nov 26, 2021
SmartPolician:
So how come Akwa ibomites are not staying and enjoying their heaven Akwa ibom? Instead they are all running away from it. I don't think anyone needs to learn anything from so whatever,let that udom whatever give his people good life so that Akwa ibomites won't be running away from their heaven and start becoming a burden to others. Until then,no one needs to learn anything from anybody.

2 Likes

Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by Emperor5(m): 8:22pm On Nov 26, 2021
Very commendable. I can see good governance in akwa ibom, but I haven't heard about akwa ibom man making it big in Yankee or any part of naija. What could be the reason?

2 Likes

Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by DankemzI(m): 8:25pm On Nov 26, 2021
SaintBishop:
So how come Akwa ibomites are not staying and enjoying their heaven Akwa ibom? Instead they are all running away from it. I don't think anyone needs to learn anything from so whatever,let that udom whatever give his people good life so that Akwa ibomites won't be running away from their heaven and start becoming a burden to others. Until then,no one needs to learn anything from anybody.

In a few years time if this developmental speed is sustained then you'll have to take back your words, Akwa Ibomites are naturally travelers and explorers! Akwa Ibom is very young and vibrant, judiciously dotting her i's and crossing her t's

2 Likes

Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by Hunchogee: 8:29pm On Nov 26, 2021
Emperor5:
Very commendable. I can see good governance in akwa ibom, but I haven't heard about akwa ibom man making it big in Yankee or any part of naija. What could be the reason?
The have but run on low key
Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by SaintBishop: 8:33pm On Nov 26, 2021
DankemzI:

In a few years time if this developmental speed is sustained then you'll have to take back your words, Akwa Ibomites are naturally travelers and explorers! Akwa Ibom is very young and vibrant, judiciously dotting her i's and crossing her t's
And what makes you thinks that other states won't be develope as well in the next few years? undecided Akwa iboms like to explore? Lmao. All I see are burdens running away from their Homeland and becoming a pests to others.
Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by Hunchogee: 8:37pm On Nov 26, 2021
DankemzI:

You don’t need to respond to him .. From his comments you should sense hate and jealousy already na

2 Likes

Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by wunmi590(m): 8:25am On Nov 27, 2021
cool

God continue to bless you Gov. Udom for your relentless effort just to bring and give the vibe to the Akwa Ibomite, I never regretted serving (NYSC) in Akwa Ibom

1 Like

Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by Hunchogee: 8:45am On Nov 27, 2021
wunmi590:
cool

God continue to bless you Hov. Udom for your relentless effort just to bring and give the vibe to the Akwa Ibomite, I never regretted serving (NYSC) in Akwa Ibom
God bless us too
Lalasticlala seun mynd44 front page
Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by BlackfireX: 12:31pm On Nov 27, 2021
Is that all??

Igbo people sef
Re: Udom Flag Up More Roads Construction In Akwa Ibom … Photos by Hunchogee: 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2021
BlackfireX:
Is that all??

Igbo people sef
Excuse me?
Who is Igbo or your brain the woke

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Has Off "Comment" Button On Twitter / Peter Obi Thanks Obidients For 1st October Rallies ( Photos) / Is Peter Obi greedy? Pension benefits of Peter Obi vs Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.