Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,413 members, 7,819,481 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes (16529 Views)

DSS Confirms Raid On Abuja Estate, Says No Joint Operation With US Soldiers / Hadi Sirika: Nigeria To Start Production Of Airplanes Before 2023 / Army Confirms Joint Operation With Police In Orlu LG, Imo State To Root Out IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by MANDIPUTIN: 5:04pm On Nov 26, 2021
The federal government says that Nigeria Air will commence operations with three wet-leased aircraft.

Wet-lease is an arrangement covering the hire of an aircraft, including the provision of a flight crew and sometimes fuel.

On Wednesday, the federal executive council approved April 2022 as the take-off date of the airline.

Hadi Sirika, minister of aviation, disclosed this during a press briefing on Thursday in Abuja.

Sirika said leasing would be the arrangement pending when the company ordered new planes.

He added that it would take about three to five years to get an ordered aircraft delivered.

“They will start with wet-leased aircraft and that’s how 90 percent of airlines in the world would have started,” he said.

So they will start with a wet-lease of three aircraft and then continue to expand, place orders and then get deliveries.”

Sirika stressed that the federal government would not manage the carrier, rather investors in the carrier would run the business.

Sirika further announced that from the start of next week, the ministry would send out request for proposals to investors who are keen on owning shares in the proposed national carrier, as talks with prospective investors was ongoing.

“Nigeria Air would be quoted on the stock exchange and Nigerians would be allowed to buy shares in the airline.

“We will release what is called Request for Proposals very soon, I believe next week. And this Request for Proposals will describe what and what we are asking for,” he said.

“You will now go and send us a document that you are proposing to partner us and this is what you are giving us.

“Then we will sit down, evaluate, discuss and choose a strategic partner or partners for this airline.

“So Request for Proposals are going out next week and by the grace of God we will continue to pursue that and people will show up.”

The minister also said that the 46 percent stake that will be owned by Nigerians would be acquired through shares purchase.

“It will be purchased exactly the way you buy shares in every company,” he said.

“This is because Nigeria Air is a limited liability company for now, registered under the law of the land and structured in a public-private partnership (PPP) manner.

“So you purchase it the same way you purchase shares in any company and later it is our hope that it will be listed and go through IPO (Initial Public Offering) and so on.”

He said that the maintenance, repair and overhaul facility for the carrier and others will begin operating next year in Abuja and that 12,000 hectares of land will be used for the facility.

In that 12,000 hectares of land, which all of it is a free zone, there will be the MRO facility, a second runway, new terminal building and various businesses,” he said.

“It is going to be a whole airport city.”

He said the MRO partners had been addressed and that work would start in April 2022 once approved by FEC.

Sirika said that the facility would save Nigeria millions of dollars because of the high cost of flying a plane outside the country for maintenance.

The minister said the cost range was about $250 thousand each, to and fro.

Tilmann Gabriel, the transaction adviser to the government for the national carrier, said efforts were ongoing to ensure that the airlines were certified.

“A lot of work has been done and it did not start today, rather it started three years ago. An Air Operator Certificate (AOC) is to be applied for in the next couple of days from the NCAA, which is the regulatory authority,” he said.
https://www.thecable.ng/nigeria-air-will-commence-operation-with-three-rented-planes-says-fg/amp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEriUvZF1eM

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by NwaNimo1(m): 5:05pm On Nov 26, 2021
Rented = Borrowed......

[img]https://c./G7RCgbI7ypMAAAAd/airplane-dancing.gif[/img]

288 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by Nicetry: 5:05pm On Nov 26, 2021
grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by SirBlack999(m): 5:06pm On Nov 26, 2021
Na wash.
My papa is Bill Gates...... Na wash!
My Grandma Is Mary Slessor.... Na wash!

You can find 10 virgins in lekki... Na wash!!
IPOB is UGM...... Na wash!!

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by hungryboy(m): 5:10pm On Nov 26, 2021
Werey minister wan cash out

Do we have any need for a National Carrier right now ? No

Na just to use am as a pipeline to siphon money , loot , increase our National debt

98 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by FarahAideed: 5:14pm On Nov 26, 2021
The problem with wet leasing aircraft especially for incompetent Nigerian govt is that is you breach the terms of your lease even by 24 hours the lessor will reasign those aircraft and you will wake with zero aircraft...

19 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by donbachi(m): 5:19pm On Nov 26, 2021
E no better sey china follow takeover dis una own.

Useless thieves with no conscience.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by ivolt: 5:20pm On Nov 26, 2021
At what cost?
Another project that will be gulping billions of Naira every month.

11 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by gambia(m): 5:36pm On Nov 26, 2021
Believe them at your own peril.

15 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by SaiOsinbajo: 5:47pm On Nov 26, 2021
Mad people everywhere. If Akwa ibom can do such with ease, how much more a country... Rubbish set of administrators... It could be an arrangement by themselves, get the planes from siphoned money and then use a third party to do the hiring.

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by MajesticKris: 5:56pm On Nov 26, 2021
When we have over 10 unused planes in the presidential Fleet....

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by Skillsnigeria: 6:10pm On Nov 26, 2021
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by JavaScript90: 6:49pm On Nov 26, 2021
Nonsene. I can't remember ordinary akwa ibom renting planes to start ibom air. This government is plagued by bad policies because it is populated by quota system officials.
Hello, I am a fullstack web and app developer. If you are an agent or property developer I have a nice and very affordable real estate website/script for sale specially designed for the Nigerian market and built to mimic the features of Nigeria property center. Learn more about this real estate website from the link on my signature.
Click my username to see my WhatsApp number and email on my signature

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by Burger01(m): 6:30am On Nov 27, 2021
Rented planes....shameless government sad

NwaNimo1:
Rented = Borrowed......

[img]https://c./G7RCgbI7ypMAAAAd/airplane-dancing.gif[/img]
....how this one go take land cheesy

34 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 27, 2021
cry cry cry cry cry
I pray make union no park these planes for air come ask passengers to go down

8 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by femi4: 6:31am On Nov 27, 2021
Sidikat on the beat again

After over a yr of postponement, you could only come up with naija used

3 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by oz4real83(m): 6:31am On Nov 27, 2021
These people should stop exposing their dirty linen in public. So Nigeria wants to now "borrow pose" embarassed

9 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by letristian: 6:31am On Nov 27, 2021
Shameless set of creatures

3 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by chiedu7: 6:32am On Nov 27, 2021
This govt na pure comedy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by Picker28: 6:32am On Nov 27, 2021
I have exhausted my tears for my kwantry

8 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by benuejosh: 6:33am On Nov 27, 2021
Nothing is wrong with that.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by Racoon(m): 6:33am On Nov 27, 2021
cheesy Liars, fraudsters and scammers.Dont you believe them.

2 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by BruncleZuma: 6:34am On Nov 27, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by Murio001: 6:35am On Nov 27, 2021
Wet leasing an aircraft doesn't sound so good because It could be a channel to divert funds by the government officials. Thats if the carrier would ever become a reality.

2 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by Runaway: 6:35am On Nov 27, 2021
Shameless people. A State like Akwa Ibom is buying new planes. I am ashamed to call myself a Nigerian.

19 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by deenvibe(m): 6:35am On Nov 27, 2021
A whole giant of Africa with rented aircraft.... Who did we offend in this country

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by deenvibe(m): 6:38am On Nov 27, 2021
Hon minister is doing everything to accumulate fund's in order to contest election in kastina

7 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by Elbinawi: 6:38am On Nov 27, 2021
Nigeria Air will commence operation with three rented planes — FG

Mee:

Rented planes to launch an airline!? Bunch of genocidal criminals & economic terrorists at the helm of affairs!

If you know the billions looted by the Buhari gang on this project alone for the past 6 years as "consultant fees", you will be shock.

To subject Nigeria to international disgrace and humiliation, these bloodthirsty killers and monumental fraudsters want to use second hand planes to lunch Nigerian air carrier that they stupidly think will compete with Ethiopian Air.

#ElbinawiTweets

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by madmohamed(m): 6:38am On Nov 27, 2021
MANDIPUTIN:

https://www.thecable.ng/nigeria-air-will-commence-operation-with-three-rented-planes-says-fg/amp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEriUvZF1eM
Fulani just destroy one of the beautiful country in Africa

I think if Nigeria can get it right they will make sure that no Fulani man will smell Aso Rock gate again.

This people are the problem of Nigeria

Some of them are not even a Nigeria Fulani some are foreign illegal immigrants who don't forking cere about Nigeria they will go back to their country if Nigeria run down.

The foreign Fulani are running Nigeria open your eyes Nigeria

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by agitator: 6:41am On Nov 27, 2021
na wah grin grin grin grin
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Commence Operation With Three Rented Planes by parzdor(m): 6:43am On Nov 27, 2021
Ga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

133 million Nigerians are living In Poverty - FG / Why Buhari's Men Are Desperate To Win 2019 Election - Buba Galadima / Lai Mohammed: I Did Not Blame Murtala Mohammed For Spate Of Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.