Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

Why Do Mad People Laugh? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Mad People Laugh? (7090 Views)

7 Most Ridiculous Names Of People (laugh Or Gag?) / Why Do People Laugh At Their Boss' Jokes Even When They Know It's Not Funny? / Where Do 'mad People' Go When They Die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Mad People Laugh? by hollandis(f): 6:41pm On Jun 09, 2011
When you go along the street of Nigeria,you see lot of mad people laffing.Why do they laugh ?what's so funny to them?
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by upendo98(f): 6:51pm On Jun 09, 2011
grin  grin  grin . very funny. But they are human for christ's sake and they need something to make them feel better. 'Somebody ticlkes them but I am safer not mentioning his name here. grin grin
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by sweeti14(f): 6:56pm On Jun 09, 2011
We don't know too. . . . why don't you walk up to one of them and ask lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by Wisegee: 6:57pm On Jun 09, 2011
Experience they say is the best teacher and there is no harm in experimenting. Just take a large dose of marijuana to get there and come back with the answer.
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by Dyt(f): 7:03pm On Jun 09, 2011
Buhahahahahahahaha
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by 190: 7:11pm On Jun 09, 2011
Exactly the same thing i thought at one time

Myself and my GF were driving bout 2years ago then we saw one mad man standing under a tree

Thinking

We drove some distance came out of the car and laffed till our belle cramped

Now the issue was " what exactly was he thinking about"

Is it life pressing issues or the fact that he's tired of life

It was so funny that rite now, im having a clear imagination of the dude standing under a tree holding one of the branches and thinking

he was seriously caught up in it and it was hilarious

even mad people THINK!!

Shaking my head, GOD HELP US  grin  grin  grin
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by emofine(f): 7:49pm On Jun 09, 2011
the spirit of madness is tickling them
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by salemdv(m): 7:56pm On Jun 09, 2011
I can't help dis laughter any mre oh, buhahahahahaha, notin person no go c 4 NL, u go fear question na, mr man try laughn wit them maybe they might tell u thier reason, buhahahaha
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by 190: 7:58pm On Jun 09, 2011
^MAD MAN DON SLAP U BEFORE

TRY AM angry angry
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 09, 2011
They laugh at our stupidity

- u know we think they are insane bc they are on tartars and rags while they believe we are insane for using clothes while we can actually do without it.
-they believe we are insane because we hustle to survive while they just go the nearest refuse dump and feed full.
- they see us as stupid cause we always wear a scowl or frown on our face due to so much stress while they see no reason for such!

finally we as sane people have lots of problems to worry about while them, take life easy and simple. they can eat anywhere sleep anywhere drink anywhere even in gutters and still survive. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by upendo98(f): 8:43pm On Jun 09, 2011
Ecosystem.I once hd a debate with friends abt how important everybody/everything is including the mad man and they thought I was crzy.Well I dont think so. They are part of the ecosystem and they play a very important role too. Tht of making us laugh. In my country we have them too though they get picked up bt they keep running away.I saw one passionately dragging the rotten carcass of a dog. Wht caught my attention was the way he was doing it.With passion. I saw him a couple of days later doing the same and I was told he hates seeing carcasses on the road. so he does the job.Now that one deserves a pat on the back. He made me laugh and i ws stressed it just went away.I always wish I could meet him again. But do they really laugh or grin?
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by 190: 9:04pm On Jun 09, 2011
greateros:

- u know we think they are insane bc they are on tartars and rags while they believe we are insane for using clothes while we can actually do without it.
-they believe we are insane because we hustle to survive while they just go the nearest refuse dump and feed full.
- they see us as silly cause we always wear a scowl or frown on our face due to so much stress while they see no reason for such!

finally we as sane people have lots of problems to worry about while them, take life easy and simple. they can eat anywhere sleep anywhere drink anywhere even in gutters and still survive. undecided undecided undecided undecided

[size=38pt]DEATH!! [/size]
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by Mynd44: 9:29pm On Jun 09, 2011
When mad men think. Well i am not suprised some even comment on nairaland but don't lets name them
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by 190: 9:35pm On Jun 09, 2011
Mynd_44:

When mad men think. Well i am not suprised some even comment on nairaland but don't lets name them
angry angry
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by BABE3: 10:44pm On Jun 09, 2011
1) Quit calling them Mad People, abeg. Show some respect. Retain the little dignity they have by using nicer and dignifying choices of words.

2) The question should be "Why DoN'T you laugh "unnecessarily"--like them?"
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by 190: 10:59pm On Jun 09, 2011
BABE!:

1) Quit calling them Mad People, abeg. Show some respect. Retain the little dignity they have by using nicer and dignifying choices of words.

2) The question is should be "Why DoN'T you laugh "unnecessarily"--like them?"

undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by Ranoscky(m): 11:19pm On Jun 09, 2011
^ Lead by xample.
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by BABE3: 11:21pm On Jun 09, 2011
^^ Ranoscky, you referring to me?
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by naijacutee(f): 8:14am On Jun 10, 2011
I read a story about a medical doctor who developed a mental illness, and ended up on the streets of Lagos. This brought so many questions to mind, which I’ll share after sharing the story.

The case of a medical doctor
     Seven years after rigorous medical training, Sandra was set to take the world as a brilliant student, a glorious medical practice laid ahead of her, her family was overjoyed during her graduation, not just because of the prospects associated with her field of studies, her colleagues at the University of Lagos described her as a promising doctor; because of her academic exploit.
     She was exceptional and stood out among the pack, so there was no doubt she had a great professional life ahead of her, one of them recalls.
    Things started looking up for Sandra as soon as she finished the mandatory one-year National Service, while her colleagues were praying and hoping for employment by the General Hospital, Broad Street Lagos as a general practitioner.
    At work, Sandral continued with her strong, impressive showing, she was darling to patients and colleagues, winning accolades and applause. For a year, she distinguished herself until sometimes in 1994, when she collapsed on duty at the casualty unit that fateful afternoon, those around rallied to her help and she was immediately placed on medical treatment.
    But diagnosis revealed she was a victim of stress. Subsequent test showed she also had mental disorder. Before much could be done, a young, promising doctor had already hit the streets totally insane.
    For years, she walked half unclothed on the streets of Lagos before relations managed to take her to Psychiatric Hospital in Lagos, where she received treatment for seven years. Despite her coveted medical qualification, she is today unproductive and a strain on the society. Her certificate lies somehow in a cabinet as useless as one that was never obtained, her medical skill and training are untapped at the privately owned center for mentally ill and destitute persons, in Ajegunle, an uptown district in Lagos where the team of mental heath foundation met Sandral’s pitiable sight but she is lucky to be alive.
    Looking dishevled with her hair showing years of insanity, she says; I found home here, I found love and that is why I am able to come back to my senses. This is the only place where I feel like a human being, she adds in the midst of over 140 fellow inmates.
    Sandra is just one out of many Nigerians increasingly succumbing to mental disorder for so many reasons.
    There is no denying the facts that millions of Nigerians are under mental siege. Seeing unclothed, mad people on the streets is now a common sight.  In Lagos and the parts of the country, most of them take refuge under bridge and public places, living in a world of their own, not a few of them constitute serious menace of the public, especially when they become wild. It is all so easy to dismiss them as;’ undesirable elements; who probably inflicted the condition on themselves through wicked or unhealthy habits, but psychiatrists say many Nigerians are on their way to joining them on the streets if serious efforts are not taken.
    - Culled from The National Life : http://www.thenationallifeonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2156:fighting-the-stigma&catid=121:healthi&Itemid=833

After reading this story, I am touched for several reasons.

[list]
[li] I am touched because Sandra is a young lady, just like me. In what way is she different from you and I? Could she have been “targeted” by some strange twist of fate? Was it something she did? Was it “something” “someone” did, “somewhere”? Yes, I’m talking jazz.[/li]
  [li]  I am also touched because not only is she your average ambitious young lady, but she went above and beyond the demands of basic university education and became a doctor. By way of education, Sandra has put more effort in and has achieved more than I and many others have. If as a doctor – a general practitioner for that matter, she couldn’t recognise the “signs”, then who are we to talk?[/li]
   [li]Sandra’s demise seem to have began (according to the article) while she was under pressure from work. A situation which is not unique to anyone from any country, religion, race or intellect. Everyone gets stressed sometimes. [/li][/list]

All in all, Sandra could have been anybody at all.  Some of us might develop mental illnesses in the course of our lifetime, some of us might not. Let us at least take that shoe into consideration before we start laughing. It could be you next - It's not juju, not jazz, it's nothing anyone did. It's simply an illness that knows no restrictions.
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by MsPotato(f): 8:29am On Jun 10, 2011
LMAO! @ Post! grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 8:52am On Jun 10, 2011
greateros:

- they see us as silly cause we always wear a scowl or frown on our face due to so much stress while they see no reason for such!

hope you're not seriously considering a lifestyle of madness
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by Tingles(m): 8:56am On Jun 10, 2011
"There is joy in being mad which none but madmen know"

http://www.nationaldailyngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5764%3Amental-siege-30-million-nigerians-are-crazy--expert-findings&catid=99%3Acurrent-cover&Itemid=489
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by blank(f): 9:16am On Jun 10, 2011
I remember once, I think it was in 1993 or 1994, my family were leaving Church (St Saviours Church TBS) when we met a mad man in the traffic. He was totally naked (I was just starting primary school and I was seeing a naked adult male for the first time). He had a big rock in his hand which he used to tap on the windscreen and beg for money.

My dad gave him small change, he refused and threatened to break the glass. My dad gave him more money but he still refused! My dad had to give him a sizeable amount before he left. He continued with other cars. My dad was so furious but there was nothing to be done. Wow.
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by Oskilala: 9:25am On Jun 10, 2011
@poster, coz all us don dey madt!!  grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by felifeli: 9:30am On Jun 10, 2011
Just yesterday I saw a "madman" using a mobile phone and thought who is he calling ? His psychiatrist ? His banker or stockbroker ? His wife ?
I will never know this answer either. This "madman" may just be a silent millionaire in disguise.

I guess though that a "madman"would want to be amused that we spend so much money and life on things that will never matter to us when we are dead - cars, houses,etc,
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by MsPotato(f): 9:38am On Jun 10, 2011
blank:

I remember once, I think it was in 1993 or 1994, my family were leaving Church (St Saviours Church TBS) when we met a mad man in the traffic. He was totally unclothed (I was just starting primary school and I was seeing a unclothed adult male for the first time). He had a big rock in his hand which he used to tap on the windscreen and beg for money.

My dad gave him small change, he refused and threatened to break the glass. My dad gave him more money but he still refused! My dad had to give him a sizeable amount before he left. He continued with other cars. My dad was so furious but there was nothing to be done. Wow.

ROTFLMAO!!!!! grin grin grin grin oh man> . . . I can imagine the fear in your eyes looking at a n4k3d man for the very first time. Mind me askin, ehmmm embarassed tongue what was his size? grin embarassed tongue

hey sister, I vex oo u no go greet me sad angry sad
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by ragdollz: 9:56am On Jun 10, 2011
Considering there are different reasons why pple suffer from insanity (Babe is right, not nice to say they're mad), then maybe we should wonder how they got so bad in the first place to land on the streets. Only in Nigeria does a person degenerate so much into insanity that they roam the streets eating garbage and sleeping under the bridge. Some are caused by drug abuse, stress or trauma, and yes even spiritual attack (aka jazz) but with timely intervention, their condition could have been better managed or controlled
I don't find it funny/interesting wondering what goes on in the heads of such people; I'm always saddened when I see them on the streets. I can only look away, shake my head in pity and say a little prayer for him/her
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by r231(m): 9:59am On Jun 10, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by tellwisdom: 10:05am On Jun 10, 2011
Experience they say is the best teacher and there is no harm in experimenting. Just take a large dose of marijuana to get there and come back with the answer.

grin grin grin cheesy

Na mad people u suppose go ask dis question, Just join mental/mad/insane forum and post your question there and i bet you shall find your answer grin grin
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by BABE3: 10:06am On Jun 10, 2011
ragdollz:

Considering there are different reasons why pple suffer from insanity (Babe is right, not nice to say they're mad), then maybe we should wonder how they got so bad in the first place to land on the streets. Only in Nigeria does a person degenerate so much into insanity that they roam the streets eating garbage and sleeping under the bridge. Some are caused by drug abuse, stress or trauma, and yes even spiritual attack (aka jazz) but with timely intervention, their condition could have been better managed or controlled
I don't find it funny/interesting wondering what goes on in the heads of such people; I'm always saddened when I see them on the streets. I can only look away, shake my head in pity and say a little prayer for him/her

You basically said what I had to say, but didn't say----

Plus, I love love the Remix to the topic on the front page. Very appropriate.
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by igbsam(m): 10:29am On Jun 10, 2011
Mad people are the real children of Adam. Cos they know not what they were doing. Dem vomit the apple come turn 2 mumu back. They are laughing at us cos we still dey carry d apple around for our stomach. Mad people will make heaven cos they vomit the apple and mad peace with heaven. They are back to the Garden of Eden. grin
Re: Why Do Mad People Laugh? by snowdrops(m): 11:10am On Jun 10, 2011
the word "mad" is derogatory. show some respect for people with mental illness. also to their families and loved one.

one in four people would at some point in their life suffer a mental illness. it is not funny to be "mad". a "mad" man/woman is ill. he/she has a disease and needs help; not scorned or mocked or driven away from society.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Nasty Things Girls Do When They Are Alone / How Can I Transfer Data Contacts From Samsung S4/S5 To S7 Edge? / Sell Your Itunes Gift Card/amazon Gift Card At Best Price. Best Rate Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.