Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,963 members, 7,838,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition (36964 Views)

Alh Tanko Yakassai Visits Asiwaju Bola Tinubu In Abuja (Photos) / Bola Tinubu Visit Alhaji Tanko Yakassai (Photos) / Tanko Yakassai: Why Tinubu Will Perform Better Than Buhari As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Minjim: 10:04am On Nov 28, 2021
johntolu:

'Ka so aja mole, ka so ekun mole, k'awa mu iru ekun ka fi l'aja lowo, bawo le se ri yen si'?

I see Atiku eventually giving endorsement to BAT or whoever BAT endorses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-c2vP34t1I

I sight you
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Minjim: 10:05am On Nov 28, 2021
johntolu:

Matured mind sighted.
Minjim, You are the Man!
I really got touched with your choice of words.

I will like to do a literal translation of your masterpiece for the benefit of those who may not understand the language used in conveying your message.
The message goes thus;

'Do you have just 1 child?
How come you are only particularly interested in showcasing or promoting the potential(s) of a child who is a known thief?

Thanks my bother

I just don't know why some people can't get it.
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Offpoint1: 10:24am On Nov 28, 2021
Ovamboland:

Without the caucus you can't even be a candidate in tye American style democracy we practice
You're not answering my questions
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by dapolaw(m): 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2021
Bro, that's delusion... You think the northerners will vote for a Christian southerner in 1999 and still also vote again for another one 8 years after?

E be like say you are new to Nigerian politics.

Vistra40:

Oga, but for the intervention of OBJ, nothing would have stopped odili. Odili was made to step aside before the primaries to make way for Yar’adua. The only thing is buhari isn’t like obasanjo

1 Like

Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Vistra40: 2:04pm On Nov 28, 2021
dapolaw:
Bro, that's delusion... You think the northerners will vote for a Christian southerner in 1999 and still also vote again for another one 8 years after?

The northerners voted for buhari in 2003 so?
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 28, 2021
wwwihy:
“He (Tinubu) just came to visit me but actually I have two of them (presidential aspirants) that I have earmarked right from the beginning and I made a vow that anyone of them who came to ask for my support first is the person I would support. Tinubu is the first person.”

Tinubu has been patient enough;

In 1993, Tinubu supported MKO
In 1999, Tinubu supported Olu Falae
In 2003, Tinubu supported Obasanjo
In 2007 , Tinubu supported Atiku and gave Atiku platform (Action Congress) to contest against Yardua
In 2011, Tinubu supported Jonathan
In 2015, Tinubu supported Buhari
In 2019, Tinubu supported President Buhari
In 2023, Everyone must join hands together to support Tinubu

No. Tinubu is like Atiku. Personal gain for himself and his family. We don’t want. Although he came up with a good template during his tenure he did not execute and only laid foundations that he and his family are still benefitting from. We don’t need that nonsense in a federal level.

Show us performers whose children are not using us to stage while looting our resources.
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 28, 2021
dapolaw:

You don’t know Nigerian politics. Northerners have supported southerners to high office since independence. Your problems are one: bigotry. Two insecurity three no sense of nationhood.

Nobody has become president of this country without the support and direct action of the north ask Jonathan, Obasanjo since they are at least still alive.

If you don’t bring good candidates we will not support them.
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by dapolaw(m): 3:45pm On Nov 28, 2021
You are not different from others, this is the reason why most of fail in exams and job interviews.

You just jumped into a thread without going through previous replies back and forth.

My advice
1, Go back to the beginning of this conversation, it will help you to know how to contribute to the discussion

2, If you are too lazy to go through previous relpies, then keep your ignorance to yourself.

Good day.

Speaktruth88:

You don’t know Nigerian politics. Northerners have supported southerners to high office since independence. Your problems are one: bigotry. Two insecurity three no sense of nationhood.

Nobody has become president of this country without the support and direct action of the north ask Jonathan, Obasanjo since they are at least still alive.

If you don’t bring good candidates we will not support them.

1 Like

Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by dapolaw(m): 3:47pm On Nov 28, 2021
Me I don't understand what you are trying to say here, maybe you need to elaborate further.

Vistra40:

Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Vistra40: 6:15pm On Nov 28, 2021
dapolaw:
Me I don't understand what you are trying to say here, maybe you need to elaborate further.

The northerners have consistently voted against PDP at the presidential level since 2003. They even voted against Yar’adua in 2007
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by dapolaw(m): 6:44pm On Nov 28, 2021
Bro, like I said you are politically naive.

No one can become the president of this country without votes from the North.

PDP has ruled for 16 years and the north never stopped voting for her until 2015 because of Jonathan's greed.

Vistra40:

The northerners have consistently voted against PDP at the presidential level since 2003. They even voted against Yar’adua in 2007

1 Like

Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by dapolaw(m): 6:50pm On Nov 28, 2021

How did Obasanjo win in 1999?
How did Yaradua win in 2007?
How did Jonathan win in 2011?

It was only in 2015 they refused to vote for PDP because of Jonathan's greed.

Vistra40:

1 Like

Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by joeyfire(m): 8:34pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ovamboland:

Yes he is 96 and was still working in Mobil at 70 without retirement

Hmm Tinubu story too long

Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Vistra40: 9:10pm On Nov 28, 2021
dapolaw:

How did Obasanjo win in 1999?
How did Yaradua win in 2007?
How did Jonathan win in 2011?

It was only in 2015 they refused to vote for PDP because of Jonathan's greed.

You say am naive yet you don’t know that Jonathan was trounced in the core north in 2011?its alright bro. I have seen you are politically smart.

P.S: Google is always your friend.
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by dapolaw(m): 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2021
Now you have changed the narrative.... The term CORE North is different... You initially said the north.

Vistra40:

You say am naive yet you don’t know that Jonathan was trounced in the core north in 2011?its alright bro. I have seen you are politically smart.

1 Like

Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by dapolaw(m): 9:36pm On Nov 28, 2021
This one nah rubbish..... You don't have to attain the age of 60 before you can retire... Make una bring another story abeg

joeyfire:

Hmm Tinubu story too long

1 Like

Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Ovamboland(m): 6:05am On Nov 29, 2021
Offpoint1:

You're not answering my questions

That's clear enough, in theory the people have the power, in practice the party caucus and leaders and have powers too. Lots of time your choice is limited to candidates chosen by 2 or 3 powerful caucus. You can decide who has the real power
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Ovamboland(m): 6:08am On Nov 29, 2021
Vistra40:

And you think they would have voted much fir PDP if Odili was presented in 2007? That's a strong delusion since you already know the above
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Ovamboland(m): 6:11am On Nov 29, 2021
Speaktruth88:

No. Tinubu is like Atiku. Personal gain for himself and his family. We don’t want. Although he came up with a good template during his tenure he did not execute and only laid foundations that he and his family are still benefitting from. We don’t need that nonsense in a federal level.

Show us performers whose children are not using us to stage while looting our resources.

So because of a few children getting benefits you'd rather experiment with those who had no solid achievement or template created when they were tested? That's too narrow a reason to risk failure
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Ovamboland(m): 6:13am On Nov 29, 2021
Vistra40:

Nope northern votes was split in 2007
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Ovamboland(m): 6:15am On Nov 29, 2021
Vistra40:

Now it's core north grin
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Ovamboland(m): 6:18am On Nov 29, 2021
dapolaw:
This one nah rubbish..... You don't have to attain the age of 60 before you can retire... Make una bring another story abeg

They don't know he left early to run for Senate in 1992. I have left a couple if establishment in the course of my career, someone who never met me there will now say I retired at 60. Very funny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Vistra40: 7:03am On Nov 29, 2021
Ovamboland:

Nope northern votes was split in 2007

Plateau, Nasarawa, kogi, kwara and except Niger have never been traditional strongholds of PMB until he got some of them in 2015 and 2019.
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Vistra40: 7:05am On Nov 29, 2021
Ovamboland:

Now it's core north grin

If you and the other guy didn’t understand that I meant the core north then am sorry it’s not my fault.
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Vistra40: 7:08am On Nov 29, 2021
Ovamboland:

And you think they would have voted much fir PDP if Odili was presented in 2007? That's a strong delusion since you already know the above

When I say north, I mean NW and NE. They didn’t vote OBJ in 2003, Yar’adua in 2007 and Jonathan in 2011 and yet they won. Those two regions are the core north. You know this yet you pretend not to know
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Offpoint1: 7:45am On Nov 29, 2021
Ovamboland:

That's clear enough, in theory the people have the power, in practice the party caucus and leaders and have powers too. Lots of time your choice is limited to candidates chosen by 2 or 3 powerful caucus. You can decide who has the real power
The caucus only have the power to choose a candidate, support them... The power to make their chosen candidate president lies with the masses and anything outside that isn't DEMOCRACY.
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 29, 2021
Ovamboland:

So because of a few children getting benefits you'd rather experiment with those who had no solid achievement or template created when they were tested? That's too narrow a reason to risk failure

In this Nigeria we have performers. Ones who did not loot us until tomorrow and keep a chokehold on democracy in their region for almost two decades.

If there was no Marwa Tinubu could not have capitalised on his work for glory. If there was no Fashola we will not be talking about Tinubu today. He should do what he does best. Push better candidates than himself and sit aside as an elder statesman same thing with Atiku. They are rubbish leaders their strength is politics and even then they are the ones that know how to pervert the political process which has brought the country to this point.

Make Fashola president if you like not Tinubu. Make Zulum a VP let’s move forward. Old cargo should go and build a next generation of decent politicians that can replace them.
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 29, 2021
dapolaw:
You are not different from others, this is the reason why most of fail in exams and job interviews.

You just jumped into a thread without going through previous replies back and forth.

My advice
1, Go back to the beginning of this conversation, it will help you to know how to contribute to the discussion

2, If you are too lazy to go through previous relpies, then keep your ignorance to yourself.

Good day.

You think you have said something? Tinubu will not be a president of this country he can rule SW until he dies since he is your god. We don’t need his type on the federal level. Now run back and collect your pocket money from “daddy”.
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Ovamboland(m): 12:12pm On Nov 29, 2021
johntolu:

Hmmmmmmn; Strategy & 'Common s£ns€'.
I think you need more of the bolded to get things done politically at the federal level, in Nigeria.

Some peoples strategy is to start killing themselves, abuse all other groups, threaten secession hoping that will somehow deliver the tickets of all parties to them.
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Ovamboland(m): 12:17pm On Nov 29, 2021
Vistra40:

Plateau, Nasarawa, kogi, kwara and except Niger have never been traditional strongholds of PMB until he got some of them in 2015 and 2019.

Why was he losing them consistently for 12 years until 2015 alliance with SW that got the attention of those states
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Ovamboland(m): 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2021
Vistra40:

If you and the other guy didn’t understand that I meant the core north then am sorry it’s not my fault.

I know what core north means.
Why didn't you mention 'core' all the while? Jonathan never won the core north, even Yaradua struggled in the core north.
Re: Tanko Yakassai: Tinubu Visited Me To Seek Support For His Presidential Ambition by Ovamboland(m): 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2021
Offpoint1:

The caucus only have the power to choose a candidate, support them... The power to make their chosen candidate president lies with the masses and anything outside that isn't DEMOCRACY.

It's pretty obvious now isn't it? In a system like ours which doesn't allow independent candidate the people must vote for a candidate chosen by the caucus of each party. How many Nigerian masses participated in the emergence of Sowore, Fela, Moghalu as their party candidate? Either by themselves or a few faceless friends selected them. Just like in APC and PDP you claim are chosen by godfather's.

Even in USA that allow independent candidate, non of such candidate has been chosen by a large section of Americans to be a candidate and non of them ever succeded in the general elections.

Hope this gives you the difference between theory and practical.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

FFK Reacts To Killing Of Fasoranti's Daughter, Calls Gani Adams To Return / Produce Your NYSC Certificate –Tribunal To Ewhrudjakpo / Okowa's Achievements In Last 7 Years As Governor Of Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.