Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:01 AM

Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) - Properties (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (149482 Views)

For Sale.....luxury Block Of 4flats @ Ikota Villa Lekki Before Vgc(pictures) / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu / Luxury Block Of 6 Nos 3 Bedroom Flat "TO LET" @ IKEJA Gra,lagos with pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 1:35pm On Jul 08, 2011
@kunlekunle, Pls help me understand your question. Which one bed are you talking about? Is it the block of flat? Thanks
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 1:45pm On Jul 08, 2011
Important Notice to Owner of lands within Ogun State.

If you have not got your building approval, now is the time to do so. The new government is planning to increase tarrifs and levies in order to raise IGR.

Don't bother to ask for source as its not from yet confirmed.

I won't be surprised if this is happening because the state is dead broke.
A word is enough for the wise!
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:04pm On Jul 08, 2011
brabus:

My supplier at it again o.
Still waiting to take delivery of materials for german floor.

The SUN is back. Work is nearing 50% completion.

To God be all glory
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Olaisrich(m): 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2011
pls can smbody help me with the current price of cement in Lagos and its envions?
@ brabus, pls what is the requirement for the building plan? i need one ooo!
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by cinzo: 3:35pm On Jul 08, 2011
@brabus Thanks for the tip-off bro
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 08, 2011
Good work
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by kunlekunle: 4:39pm On Jul 08, 2011
brabus

need to say two in the second plan you posted (2 floors)
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2011
Show me action now . . . . . . cool
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 5:52pm On Jul 08, 2011
Working overtime. Aboki must deliver. Had to tip them additional N3k to re-level some areas that went down.

Pic update later today.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by remcoface: 5:59pm On Jul 08, 2011
Good to know that work is going as plan.
Waiting for your update later.
Thanks.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by kunlekunle: 6:07pm On Jul 08, 2011
brabus,
im talking about the two bed plan
my mistake
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by rastaman20(m): 7:16pm On Jul 08, 2011
@barbus, good work, sorry for the rain oo, but na u ask for it shaaaa, grin grin grin grin, but it will stand still for a while grin grin grin
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 8:35pm On Jul 08, 2011
today in pic

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 8:40pm On Jul 08, 2011
Lemme go home and sit and relax while i enjoy this pix . . . . House is taking shape already . . . beauty
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by rastaman20(m): 8:46pm On Jul 08, 2011
so the fun is now at the door step, i am washing it with a glase of wine. thank GOD Today is friday.lol
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by spyder880(m): 8:48pm On Jul 08, 2011
House looks good already, smoooooth.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by remcoface: 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2011
nice pics.am getting ready for next month so i can't afford to miss any step smiley smiley
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by olubuffett: 9:11pm On Jul 08, 2011
brabus wink great keep em coming
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 9:18pm On Jul 08, 2011
Abeg, make una let me update nah. Link damn too slow
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by rastaman20(m): 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2011
grin grin grin.@Barbus, what about the rain,, sun shine today ,, abeii grin grin
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 9:40pm On Jul 08, 2011
Before Meets After

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 10:00pm On Jul 08, 2011
More picture

1. One of the discoveries made while inspecting the foundation.
2. Proudly Nigeria made tool of trade

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 11:53pm On Jul 08, 2011
@kunlekunle, apologies for my belated update. Kindly send me an email with all your request. nexthome@live.com

Body no bi firewood - till tmrw.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 9:32am On Jul 09, 2011
Last week, we were asked to propose a concept design and provide an estimate for addition of a slab on a basement by a client in Ibafo area, Ogun state.  As of now, a final decision has not been made by the client as to whether to go with our design and cost.  However, I am including this here to give an idea of the detailed design we produce before any potential clients part with a single kobo.  If you are thinking about commissioning us to design and build your home, you can be sure of the final look and style before you make any commitment to move forward.

Pic 1: Existing Basement Plan
Pic 2: Basement Plan - Redesigned by NextHome

Note: The dotted line represent the slab footprint

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by headworld: 9:36am On Jul 09, 2011
A client of ours is in dire need of 3 plots of land in Lekki.

The land dont have to be in same place, as 1 plot per location is ok.

Buying Price is from N60 million.

Interested sellers or Agents should call 08066363000 immediately.

thanks
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by headworld: 9:41am On Jul 09, 2011
A client of ours is in dire need of 3 plots of land in Lekki.

The land dont have to be in same place, as 1 plot per location is ok.

Buying Price is from N60 million.

Interested sellers or Agents should call 08066363000 immediately.

thanks
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 10:47am On Jul 09, 2011
@All, kindly help critique the modified basement plan above. Dont bother ask for the first floor plan - we are still waiting for our client's commitment.

@headworld, next time start a new topic.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by diordaves(m): 11:54am On Jul 09, 2011
brabus:

Last week, we were asked to propose a concept design and provide an estimate for addition of a slab on a basement by a client in Ibafo area, Ogun state.  As of now, a final decision has not been made by the client as to whether to go with our design and cost.  However, I am including this here to give an idea of the detailed design we produce before any potential clients part with a single kobo.  If you are thinking about commissioning us to design and build your home, you can be sure of the final look and style before you make any commitment to move forward.

Pic 1: Existing Basement Plan
Pic 2: Basement Plan - Redesigned by NextHome

Note: The dotted line represent the slab footprint

Well done Brabus. To help with the critique of the plan, kindly clarify some semantics:

# When you say "addition of a slab", does it mean that the original concept was a "down house" and you need to extend it to a storey building? If yes, does your current modification take into cognisance the structural implication?

#  When we use the word "basement" both in the US and UK we mean below surface space, that is accommodation below street level or what we call in Nigeria underground. Is this what you mean?

Keep up the professionalism and don't stop for nothing.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 12:22pm On Jul 09, 2011
@diordavies,

The original and existing structure is a basement (same as US and UK) because its been built on a slope.
Now, with the introduction of a slab on the basement, the building is still a bungalow - but a raised bungalow.

The new design took into consideration the structural implication, hence the addition of 4 new columns. This is in addition to the existing 14 pillars (16mm) in the house.

See pic below

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Aventures(m): 12:59pm On Jul 09, 2011
brabus, u ve got a chalenging task to do. restructuring is highly brain and professionalism tasking. u ve done the right thing by starting the restructuring on paper but not by trial & error as some quacks will do. I can passive a fundanmental error in the construction, thee previous builder did not take level to consider the difference in leve b4 embarking on construction, the difference in level is not sufficient to have a basement wt adequate head room iit seem the window level is almost at the grd level at some points therefore there cld be a little challenge in taking care of the rain run off, possibly dampness pls becareful this kind of job can rubbish ones professionalism. best of luck
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by MPEROR: 1:13pm On Jul 09, 2011
what plan do you have for pumping water from the basement.a sump pump and a standby generator is one suggestion
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 1:24pm On Jul 09, 2011
^^^lol. The situation is not as bad if handled professionally and there's enough funding.

Aventures, thank you once again. I'm sure the client is reading this to know my reputation is at stake to take a job like this. I just hope I'm thinking right.

For the first time on this thread, I'll post all the necessary site info including the BoQ and Work Plan.

We'll do this together - still waiting for approval, though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (56) (Reply)

Call Us For Ur Granite(directly From The Quarry),sharpsand & Sandfilling / You Won't Believe The Babe I Saw In A Face Me I Face You House : / Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.