Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,719 members, 7,851,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:49 PM

Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) - Properties (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (149539 Views)

For Sale.....luxury Block Of 4flats @ Ikota Villa Lekki Before Vgc(pictures) / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu / Luxury Block Of 6 Nos 3 Bedroom Flat "TO LET" @ IKEJA Gra,lagos with pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 1:52am On Jul 25, 2011
brabus:

@nameoh, the kitchen is not open floor - I'll update the floor plan for the viewing pleasure of my NL and Facebook friends.

We are still working on the makeovers and the working drawings right now. Just bear with us.

@Fhemmmy, should this pass to another thread or make we leave am here.

Honestly, i think it is better to open a new thread for it, cos we need to follow an well and see what is possible . . .
Great job
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 2:05am On Jul 25, 2011
Need a second thought on this - Should we move the "LSPDC RENO PROJECT" to another thread?

Fhemmmy say YES.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by remcoface: 2:19am On Jul 25, 2011
Oga brabus,
Yes please so that we can see many pics. grin grin grin
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 2:22am On Jul 25, 2011
Property buyers are taking risks by not having valuations and surveys carried out on properties before placing an offer for it.

So if you're looking for that perfect land, renovation opportunities, best deals - Don't miss out this week's best offers in the real estate industry.

Join us in the property hunt this week as we find and access commercial and residential properties for "Plothunters"
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:46am On Jul 25, 2011
I remain Loyal oh
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by mahabone(m): 4:37am On Jul 25, 2011
@brabus

This thread is very educative, thanx a lot!

Pls would you mind to post the pictures of the laminate floor.

Is it floating floor or dry back/self adhesive?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Sagewood: 5:07am On Jul 25, 2011
@ Brabus,
Well done! Very professional work you are doing here. The soil sampling and analysis was very informative. I hope more building contractors / managers will visit this website / thread and step up to the plate.

1 Like

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 6:41am On Jul 25, 2011
Thank you all.

Nigerians are blessed and talented but we are too lazy and not honest with ourselves. What I'm doing here is not the best of naija but our people does not understand the importance of documentation, little wonder, our world is without form.

Many thanks.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by kunlekunle: 8:19am On Jul 25, 2011
brabus

thanks pupoju,
this info will enable me complete my method statement.

one more thing, where in naija can i get concrete dye or pigment?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 8:26am On Jul 25, 2011
NEXTHOME: UPDATES FROM LAST WEEK

AREPO LUXURY BLOCK OF FLAT
No site activity last week but we are making plans for the new stages. I'll be blogging about the things we are doing in the background. Stay tuned for more updates.

OGOMBO GEO-TECHNICAL SOIL TEST
We carried out the geo-technical soil investigation last week. More interesting updates on this site - See page 23 - 24.

The results of the test should be out sometimes this week. Another beautiful reason to check back on this thread - learn something new!

LSPDC RENOVATION WORK
Last Saturday, we visited a site in Lagos where another friend of NextHome on Nairaland recently asked us to redesign and renovate a 30 year old 3-bed apartment occupying the North-East part of the block. Whilst there are some interior/exterior details in place, they were not to my clients taste. Our brief was to provide a bold, classy and modern pad for my client. Read more on this project as we finalize the contract with our client. Preliminary survey report and recommendations on page 24.

NEXTHOME FACEBOOK EXCLUSIVE
We sincerely want to say a big thank you to all our facebook fans.
You inspired us to do more!

Kindly participate in our Need and Wishes project to solve your construction related issues! More update on this on our facebook page.

NEXTHOME WEBSITE UPDATE
www.nexthomebuilders is still under construction! We're undertaking some makeovers of our own. We'll keep you posted. In the meantime, you can of course still use our Facebook and our blog.

Have a great week!

NextHome Builders
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 25, 2011
I think everything should be here for the work load to be easy on brabus, we should remember he is doing us a great service for free and I don't see how we will lose out if everything is left here.

Keep up the good work sir.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 9:04am On Jul 25, 2011
@All, Should we move the "LSPDC RENO PROJECT" to another thread? Let's have your view

For me, I think we should leave it here. I promise to clean up the thread and feature this project in our Home Building magazine coming soon. Una go pay for am o! grin

Watchout for more updates in August newsletter.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by atasteve: 9:14am On Jul 25, 2011
brabus:

@All, Should we move the "LSPDC RENO PROJECT" to another thread? Let's have your view

@ Brabus, I will strongly advise that we take the[b] LSPDC RENO PROJECT[/b] to a new thread so that it can stand out as a one-stop knowledge base for interior reconstruction cheesy

I can envisage great exchange of innovative and evolutionary ideas on the thread. smiley
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 9:24am On Jul 25, 2011
Noted. 3 for, 1 against. Let's have your view.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by kunlekunle: 10:29am On Jul 25, 2011
brabus

its important you dont mix the projects up
a separate thread will be appropriate
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Aks(m): 10:47am On Jul 25, 2011
I think we should leave it here, the essence is still on building and report of day to day activities.

BTW, Brabus promised to clean up the thread from time to time so there can't be any mix-up
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Guk: 1:22pm On Jul 25, 2011
Move it to another thread pls. Thks
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:09pm On Jul 25, 2011
Majority don carry vote
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 25, 2011
Ok, then the majority have it.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 3:55pm On Jul 25, 2011
^^^ Lol
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by cinzo: 4:00pm On Jul 25, 2011
Those in support say "Aye", those not in support say "nay" grin
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by cinzo: 4:02pm On Jul 25, 2011
Those in support say "Aye", those not in support say "nay"

The ayes have it grin
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2011
It's okay - we'll move it! Discussion still in progress.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 25, 2011
We're waiting for updates grin eagerly if I may add
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Olaisrich(m): 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2011
Those in support say "Aye", those not in support say "nay"

The ayes have i

'Aye'
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by rastaman20(m): 5:04pm On Jul 25, 2011
Pls move the topic to another thread so that we can have a very clear view.

since it is another topic total different,
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by olubuffett: 5:43pm On Jul 25, 2011
Brabus

Pls don't move it to another tread, understand that the renovation is just a flat in no time it will be completed; and the tread will be lost in crowd.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 5:50pm On Jul 25, 2011
olubuffett:

Brabus

Pls don't move it to another tread, understand that the renovation is just a flat in no time it will be completed; and the tread will be lost in crowd.

I think will be a good idea that it is moved to a new thread, and then, he could post the link on this thread . . reason being that it will be easy to trae it . . .If left on thread too, you will have to look for it once the thread is on page 100.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 6:31pm On Jul 25, 2011
Honestly, I'm loving this. But let's look at this thread as a magazine, all these topics are no more than what could be discussed in one issue.

Having this topic here would keep this thread alive. Just imagine what could have happened to the thread if I stopped posting since we did the german floor on 12 July.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 6:43pm On Jul 25, 2011
^^^ So what is the update on the project, how come nothing is happening?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 6:59pm On Jul 25, 2011
We are still discussing! No update Bro.

--------
As for me, I'm presently supervising another project in Ibadan. We won't be blogging about this anyway. Just perimeter fence work.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2011
^^^ Ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (56) (Reply)

Call Us For Ur Granite(directly From The Quarry),sharpsand & Sandfilling / You Won't Believe The Babe I Saw In A Face Me I Face You House : / Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.