Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,566 members, 7,816,386 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

The Meaning Of The First Alphabet Found In The Name Of Military Aircraft - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Meaning Of The First Alphabet Found In The Name Of Military Aircraft (3623 Views)

Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA / ‘Repentant’ Boko Haram Members Arrive Maiduguri From Niger In Military Aircraft / 5 Pilots, Air Force Personnel Die In Military Aircraft Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Meaning Of The First Alphabet Found In The Name Of Military Aircraft by Afamed: 3:14pm On Nov 28, 2021
FarahAideed:

As usual nothing to offer outside PDP APC bants .. totally bereft of any proper knowledge..I know you didn't know all the planes that start with those desigs are all American built ... well I just schooled your once more for free
I have told you. I hardly engage empty lad like una. You are too dull for my engagement
Re: The Meaning Of The First Alphabet Found In The Name Of Military Aircraft by FarahAideed: 3:20pm On Nov 28, 2021
Afamed:

I have told you. I hardly engage empty lad like una. You are too dull for my engagement

My IQ consistently over 140 and you I will say about 85 because you are just about 20 points smarter than the average Nigerian and still armed with a primal brain ..You are sub human as far as I am concerned.
Re: The Meaning Of The First Alphabet Found In The Name Of Military Aircraft by emae009(m): 5:47pm On Nov 28, 2021
FarahAideed:

As usual nothing to offer outside PDP APC bants .. totally bereft of any proper knowledge..I know you didn't know all the planes that start with those desigs are all American built ... well I just schooled your once more for free ..

I bet you didn't know the F -16 was a low budget version of the F -15 grin. You thought it's was an advanced version right ? grin. I will keep educating U till u receive sense

F-16 is not a low budget F-15. At least if you're trying to school the guy (whatever you guys beef is), do it right.
F-15 is an air superiority fighter.
F-16 is a lightweight multi-role fighter.
Two different job profiles.
Re: The Meaning Of The First Alphabet Found In The Name Of Military Aircraft by FarahAideed: 6:22pm On Nov 28, 2021
emae009:

F-16 is not a low budget F-15. At least if you're trying to school the guy (whatever you guys beef is), do it right.
F-15 is an air superiority fighter.
F-16 is a lightweight multi-role fighter.
Two different job profiles.

Stop arguing what you don't know ..the F16 was conceived are a low budget f16 without all all the powerful avionics and offensive reach of the F 15 ..The F16 will hold its own in an close quarter dog fight ad good as the F15 the only major difference is F15 ability to locate and strike enemy aircraft long before they can even sense it's present...Ask yourself why they F16 and 15s are always paired for sorties ...
Re: The Meaning Of The First Alphabet Found In The Name Of Military Aircraft by emae009(m): 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2021
FarahAideed:

Stop arguing what you don't know ..the F16 was conceived are a low budget f16 without all all the powerful avionics and offensive reach of the F 15 ..The F16 will hold its own in an close quarter dog fight ad good as the F15 the only major difference is F15 ability to locate and strike enemy aircraft long before they can even sense it's present...Ask yourself why they F16 and 15s are always paired for sorties ...

Dude do you even know the planes you're talking about??
F-15 is a 4th Gen plane and you're talking about BVR prowess when it has no stealth.
F-16 Viper is the last step before you're qualified as a country to fly the F-35 and you're talking about having no powerful avionics.
Jeez... you guys are always quick to trigger your defense mechanism and buckle down on your error instead of making research and correcting your wrong stand.
Since you don't know.. Air superiority fighters are best in one role only, dropping other fighters out of the sky. for that they have speed and maneuverability on side but aren't good enough for ground attack.
Multi-role fighters are jack of all trades, masters of none.
Go do some research instead of buckling down on your error to prove nothing
Re: The Meaning Of The First Alphabet Found In The Name Of Military Aircraft by Afamed: 9:35pm On Nov 28, 2021
emae009:

Dude do you even know the planes you're talking about??
F-15 is a 4th Gen plane and you're talking about BVR prowess when it has no stealth.
F-16 Viper is the last step before you're qualified as a country to fly the F-35 and you're talking about having no powerful avionics.
Jeez... you guys are always quick to trigger your defense mechanism and buckle down on your error instead of making research and correcting your wrong stand.
Since you don't know.. Air superiority fighters are best in one role only, dropping other fighters out of the sky. for that they have speed and maneuverability on side but aren't good enough for ground attack.
Multi-role fighters are jack of all trades, masters of none.
Go do some research instead of buckling down on your error to prove nothing
It's clearer to you now, that the guy knows next to nothing.
I have my reasons of not engaging the lad.
He's an empty vessel who knows next to nothing but will be dragging with you as if he knows it all. Thank God from the little conversation you had with him, he has exposed his level of his ignorance

1 Like

Re: The Meaning Of The First Alphabet Found In The Name Of Military Aircraft by XAUBulls: 8:07pm On Mar 20, 2023
shigishege:
Have you ever wondered what the first alphabet in Military Aircraft means?? Here you have the anawers.

These are the meaning of the first alphabet in the Military Aircrafts.

Let's start alphabetically...

1. A stands for ATTACK
These are the type of aircraft that are built to search and destroy the enemy's aircraft. An example of this type of aircraft is the legendary A-10 Thunderbolt, A-20 and A- 26.

2. B stands for BOMBER
These are the aircraft that are built to specifically attack with air-to-ground weapons like guided missiles, bombs and torpedos. Examples of bomber aircraft are B-29, B-2 Spirit and the B-52 Stratofortress.

3. C stands for CARGO (TRANSPORT)
These are the aircraft that are designed to carry supplies, troops or Munitions. Examples are Lockheed C-5 Galaxy and C-17 Globemaster III.

4. E stands for ELECTRONIC
These are the type of military aircraft that are capable of electronic warfare (EW) such as hindering the enemy's radio and radar by using radar jamming technologies. Examples are Northrop Grumman EA-6B and Boeing EA-18G Growler.

5. F stands for FIGHTER
These are the type of aircraft that are specifically designed to perform Air-to-Air combat examples are the F-86 Sabre and F-22 Raptor.

6. K stands for Tanker
These are the aircraft that are used to carry out aerial refuelling of other aircraft while flying. Examples are KC-46A Pegasus and McDonnell Douglas KC-10 Extender.

7. R stands for RECONNAISSANCE
These are the type of aircraft that are used to scout and obtain information about a geographical location. A good example is the Boeing RC-135.

8. X which stands for SPECIAL RESEARCH or EXPERIMENTAL
These are military aircraft that are used to test new technologies or concepts design, they are usually prototypes. Examples are X-48 and X-51 Waverider.

9. AT stands for ADVANCED TRAINER
These are the type of aircraft that are used to train pilots how to be able to fly aircraft with an advanced combat ability and how to operate it at a very high speed and have higher manoeuvrability than normal trainer aircraft.

10. BT Stands for BASIC TRAINER
These are aircraft that are built to teach entry-level pilots about flight training. An example is the BT-13

Source: Google
Impressive.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Clear And Convincing Proof That Buhari Is Actually Dead / Muslims Chanting "LaiIlahailaLahu" After burning facilities In Sokoto (video) / BREAKING: NNPP Collapses Structure Into APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.