Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. (8869 Views)

I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. / Is Counselling A Good Career Choice? / Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Machidon: 5:23am On Nov 28, 2021
[b][/b]
Want to know, between learning tailoring and venturing into pharmacy, I mean learning on how administere drugs,which of them is the best choice to make.
Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:40am On Nov 28, 2021
Both are good,but it depends on the one you are more passionate about.

11 Likes

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by sageb: 6:29am On Nov 28, 2021
Machidon:
[b][/b]
Want to know, between learning tailoring and venturing into pharmacy, I mean learning on how administere drugs,which of them is the best choice to make.

@op correct your title
Pharmacy is a course studied in the University.
Whereas Pharmacy Technician or patent medicine technician is a skill training you undergo in a pharmacy shop or chemist shop for like 2 years.
What you are aspiring to be is a pharmacy technician or patent medicine technician.
I opine that you go for it if your family can help you to set up one after your training.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by yuping(m): 6:32am On Nov 28, 2021
sageb:

@op correct your title
Whereas Pharmacy Technician or patent medicine technician is a skill training you undergo in a pharmacy shop or chemist shop for like 2 years.
What you are aspiring to be is a pharmacy technician or patent medicine technician.
I opine that you go for it if your family can help you to set up one after your training.
Thanks at least I know what to call it now.

5 Likes

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by yuping(m): 6:33am On Nov 28, 2021
Just go for the pharmacy technician.

6 Likes

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Polyol(m): 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2021
I'm a tailor and cos of my selfishness, learn your pharmacy or whatever it is but not tailoring.

If everyone becomes a tailor who will be customer? Learn pharmacy.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by GboyegaD(m): 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2021
You should do whichever that gives you the best passion.
Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by winterlover: 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2021
You need to score like 300 in Jamb to study pharmacy.
You better go and learn your tailor work jeje if your brain no strong.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by othermen: 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2021
You can do both. I know a number of medical students that have sewing machine.

1 Like

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by merits(m): 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by yesloaded: 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2021
It all depends on your passion

Both profession is good just that you need more more to setup standard pharmacy than what you need to setup standard tailoring business

2 Likes

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Spechialone(f): 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2021
Fashion and designing

2 Likes

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by brightovio007(m): 5:14pm On Nov 28, 2021
Please kindly evaluate your mental capacity. Passion is not enough in choosing a career. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by solid3(m): 5:14pm On Nov 28, 2021
pharmacy

1 Like

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by SolomonGrundy: 5:15pm On Nov 28, 2021
WTF! Op is retarded. I'm outta this thread.

1 Like

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by NairaMaster1(m): 5:18pm On Nov 28, 2021
Machidon:
[b][/b]

Tailoring.

Pharmacy entails a lot of regulations.
Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by HEBEI: 5:19pm On Nov 28, 2021
Pharmacy technician and later a qualified pharmacist

1 Like

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by isaacprinz(m): 5:19pm On Nov 28, 2021
sageb:

@op correct your title
Pharmacy Technician is a course studied in school of Heath for a period of 3 years, which they will be awarded certificate in Pharmacy Technician and a license to practice Pharmacy in Nigeria. So aside Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians any other person that intends to also practice Pharmacy will register as a patent medicine vendor.

7 Likes

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by IMOH2020: 5:23pm On Nov 28, 2021
Both are lucrative,it depends on the one you have passion for,I will subject you go for pharmacy

1 Like

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by FreeStuffsNG: 5:24pm On Nov 28, 2021
winterlover:
You need to score like 300 in Jamb to study pharmacy.
You better go and learn your tailor work jeje if your brain no strong.
Lol @ .... if your brain no strong "
You are not a nice sombori grin grin

1 Like

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Prenonjebose: 5:25pm On Nov 28, 2021
It's your decision to make at the end of the day. Which one would you be happy doing in the next few years from now. You will hear how lucrative one is above the other etc, but both can become lucrative if you are ready for the initial sacrifice of understudying and days of nothing.
Besides, you need to have a basic knowledge of Pharmacy or medical science like nursing to be fully registered. Roadside learning of drug dispensing is not good enough

1 Like

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Bastard1stborn: 5:26pm On Nov 28, 2021
Pharmacy as in Pharmacist or Chemist?

2 Likes

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Bastard1stborn: 5:27pm On Nov 28, 2021
Hello ooo, do you mean Auxiliary nurse or chemist? I won't ask you again

3 Likes

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by wunmi590(m): 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2021

Learning tailoring is very lucrative, and pharmacy too provided you went to school to learn the art instead of learning it from a road side chemist and you begin to sell drugs...
Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by FreeStuffsNG: 5:29pm On Nov 28, 2021
isaacprinz:

Pharmacy Technician is a course studied in school of Heath for a period of 3 years, which they will be awarded certificate in Pharmacy Technician and a license to practice Pharmacy in Nigeria. So aside Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians any other person that intends to also practice Pharmacy will register as a parent medicine vendor.

Thank you sir.
Also, the Pharmacy Technician works under the supervision of a Pharmacist . Therefore, studying Pharmacy Technician course still doesn't make OP a Pharmacist. To run a Pharmacy, it is the licence of a Pharmacist you need because it is regulated by law by the Pharmacist Council of Nigeria (PCN). Tailoring needs no professional license and bar of entry is low.

5 Likes

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Bastard1stborn: 5:29pm On Nov 28, 2021
Druggist? O fe ma ta igbo abi undecided

1 Like

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by femi4: 5:34pm On Nov 28, 2021
Machidon:
[b][/b]
Tailoring
You need formal education to venture into pharmacy

2 Likes

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by arthurwillia(m): 5:34pm On Nov 28, 2021
PLEASE LEARNING HOW TO DISPENSE DRUGS IN A SHOP IS ILLEGAL AND ISNT A JOB, that’s NOT PHARMACY TECHNICIAN, if YOU WANT TO LEARN PHARM TECH GO TO SCHOOL OF HEALTH TECH,

MY ADVISE TO OP IS TO GO FOR TAILORING, you can be your own Oga and work at your own pace..
[b][/b]

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's Your Current Challenge At Your Place Of Work? / Whatsapp Marketing Strategy / How Do I Make My Excess Time Productive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.