Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. (8901 Views)

I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. / Is Counselling A Good Career Choice? / Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by TheGift: 5:38pm On Nov 28, 2021
Machidon:
[b][/b]
Want to know, between learning tailoring and venturing into pharmacy, I mean learning on how administere drugs,which of them is the best choice to make.

What do you mean “venturing into pharmacy”? Do you mean opening a pharmacy I.e drug store? Or do you mean studying pharmacy?

My general answer is what do you have a PASSION for, the TALENT to perform and a market willing to pay for it.

That is , the one that gives you the best balance between DESIRABILITY, FEASIBILITY and VIABILITY.
Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Naijaguy12345(m): 5:38pm On Nov 28, 2021
Anyone can be a tailor I guess.

2 Likes

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by AfonjaConehead: 5:42pm On Nov 28, 2021
sageb:

@op correct your title
Pharmacy is a course studied in the University.
Whereas Pharmacy Technician or patent medicine technician is a skill training you undergo in a pharmacy shop or chemist shop for like 2 years.
What you are aspiring to be is a pharmacy technician or patent medicine technician.
I opine that you go for it if your family can help you to set up one after your training.
Wouldn't that still require a pharmacist's approval?
Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by MASTERMIND04(m): 5:43pm On Nov 28, 2021
winterlover:
You need to score like 300 in Jamb to study pharmacy.
You better go and learn your tailor work jeje if your brain no strong.
Did he tell you he wants to study pharmacy?
Always try to read and understand before giving your opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Jman06(m): 5:55pm On Nov 28, 2021
Op, you don't just "venture into pharmacy". You need to study pharmacy and get licensed to open a pharmacy! Or if you have money and want to invest in pharmacy, you get a pharmacist as superintendent to register the pharmacy for you.

Even the license of a pharmacy technician cannot open a pharmacy because pharmacy technicians work under the supervision of registered pharmacists. They're like dispensing assistants to pharmacists.

Pharmacy profession is highly regulated as you're required to renew your premises license every year otherwise your premises will be closed down.

So, your best option is to go learn tailoring!

1 Like

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Cousin9999: 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2021
Do both. Give yourself options. There's no reason why you couldn't work in both areas at the same time. Being a pharmacist may pay the bills while tailoring makes some extra money, or develops into a lucrative side hustle/business.

1 Like

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by storm001(m): 6:47pm On Nov 28, 2021
Venture into pharmacy my dear

1 Like

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Zztt: 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2021
Pharmacy

1 Like

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by emonis88: 7:08pm On Nov 28, 2021
If u did not read pharmacy in school, better go learn ur tailor jejely o!

1 Like

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 7:18pm On Nov 28, 2021
Pharmacy o!
Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by InoGetJoy: 8:04pm On Nov 28, 2021
Polyol:
I'm a tailor and cos of my selfishness, learn your pharmacy or whatever it is but not tailoring.

If everyone becomes a tailor who will be customer? Learn pharmacy.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahajajahahahahahahah....see how you made me spill the tea I was taking while laughing cheesy

1 Like

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Donayobami1(m): 6:06am On Nov 29, 2021
Personally I believe dispensing drugs will pay you in the long run. People will always need drugs.
That’s just how I see it.

1 Like

Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Machidon: 10:56pm On Nov 29, 2021
Bastard1stborn:
Pharmacy as in Pharmacist or Chemist?

Lol. Don't mind my use of English.

I mean CHEMIST.
Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Machidon: 10:58pm On Nov 29, 2021
[quote author=TheGift post=108035803]

What do you mean “venturing into pharmacy”? Do you mean opening a pharmacy I.e drug store? Or do you mean studying pharmacy?

My general answer is what do you have a PASSION for, the TALENT to perform and a market willing to pay for it.

That is , the one that gives you the best balance between DESIRABILITY, FEASIBILITY and VIABILITY. [/quote

Yes am talking of selling of drugs. I mean opening of a chemist.
Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Machidon: 10:59pm On Nov 29, 2021
yuping:
Just go for the pharmacy technician.

Please elaborate more on this.
Which one is Pharmacy technician.
Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Machidon: 11:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
MASTERMIND04:

Did he tell you he wants to study pharmacy?
Always try to read and understand before giving your opinion.

Thank you
Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Machidon: 11:03pm On Nov 29, 2021
shocked shocked
SolomonGrundy:
WTF! Op is retarded. I'm outta this thread.
shocked sad undecided
Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Machidon: 11:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
[quote author=yesloaded post=108035072]It all depends on your passion

Both profession is good just that you need more more to setup standard pharmacy than what you need to setup standard tailoring business
[/quote

OK.
Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Machidon: 11:10pm On Nov 29, 2021
Bastard1stborn:
Hello ooo, do you mean Auxiliary nurse or chemist? I won't ask you again

Chemist.
Re: Career Choice.: Between Learning Tailoring And Venturing Into Pharmacy. by Jman06(m): 11:22pm On Nov 29, 2021
Machidon:

Chemist.
Go and learn tailoring. What you call "Chemists" are quacks and they're about to be phased out. Drugs are poisons and are not meant to be sold anyhow without training.

Before now, Nigeria had fewer pharmacists and that was why those patent medicine guys were allowed to deal on some few medicine. But now, more universities are training pharmacists and very soon the "chemist" people will be phased out.

So, unless you have the brain to go study pharmacy and get licensed to practice pharmacy, it'll be better for you to go tailoring.

Pharmacy is highly regulated and it is for professionals.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maritime Sector Records 6,000 Job Losses / How To Avoid Wardrobe Malfunctions During Online Interviews / Writing A Job-Winning CV: 5 Important Things You Should Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.