Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Do We Need Friends In Life? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do We Need Friends In Life? (433 Views)

I Need Friends With Benefit Kind Of Relationship (any Man Interested?) / When You Discover Your True Love Slept With Your Friends In The Past. / Okoye Uche: "Sex With Wizkid, One Of My Goals In Life" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Need Friends In Life? by Unequivocal: 9:09am On Nov 28, 2021
I recently have been thinking about this. I don't know if this is the right section but here it is.

I just realised that I don't have any close/best friend or friends at all. I had a devastating heartbreak and a soul shattering betrayal after it ( the heartbreak).

This made me become reclusive from everyone around and now if feels like I don't have any friends.
I don't have anyone I can share anything with. I was planning on just staying on my own and be done with friends and friendship but it kinds of get lonely but I'm beginning to enjoy my own company.

But the thing is, society somehow dictates that we need friends/people But really, I don't want to socialize. So I'm asking, is it normal to not have any friends? Do we need friends in life?
Re: Do We Need Friends In Life? by Xenry: 9:11am On Nov 28, 2021
Be friendly with people, but not friends. So that if you need any inquiries, help or assistant from them, they will consider you.
But still, it's good to have at least one friend of same gender, but after close observations on who s/he really is. But for the opposite gender, have more than one, but don't fvck them, e get why.
Why I support having many with the opposite gender is that they wouldn't consider you as a competitor and so won't envy/work against you. Though there are exceptions.
But all in all, be careful with who you roll with.

2 Likes

Re: Do We Need Friends In Life? by Kriss216: 9:14am On Nov 28, 2021
Small heartbreak, you discharge all your friends. cheesy

Are they the cause of the heartbreak?
Re: Do We Need Friends In Life? by chatinent: 9:36am On Nov 28, 2021
I am a one-man battalion.
Re: Do We Need Friends In Life? by NumeroUna(f): 9:40am On Nov 28, 2021
Do what works for you. Some people do well having a lot of friends, some few friends and others next to none.

I said next to none because I believe no man is an island, at some point in time or the other you would need a friend. Choose your friends and not the other way around.

1 Like

Re: Do We Need Friends In Life? by Kevsmart88(m): 10:21am On Nov 28, 2021
I don't think you can ask for a better friend when you have Jesus.
Bro have been on my own for a few years now and haven't regretted it one bit.
I'm just nice to everyone I meet but I keep no one close. Thank God for the kinda life I live even, not always interested in hanging out or partying.
My wedding Is sure gonna look like a family meeting.

1 Like

Re: Do We Need Friends In Life? by Newusername(m): 10:27am On Nov 28, 2021
Hmm... I don't have friends, but I make sure I leave a good a impression with anyone I come in contact with; using the opportunity to network for future reason ( after assessing them to make sure they are reasonable and I can learn, benefit from them else get lost).
But say best friend, pals. I don't do that. I am a loner.

1 Like

Re: Do We Need Friends In Life? by brosom(m): 12:28pm On Nov 28, 2021
Na introverts dey make this kind post undecided
Re: Do We Need Friends In Life? by helinues: 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2021
Sometimes we need friends.

It's not possible to do everything all on your own.

I chose my friends, they don't choose me
Re: Do We Need Friends In Life? by Vanilla4(f): 9:11pm On Nov 28, 2021
Yeah, there are some stuff they could help you with.

(1) (Reply)

Girlfriend Turns Off Boyfriend’s PS4 Midplay, See What He Did / Why Does Nigeria Always Have Weird Churches / 10 Great Ways To Having Good Sex On Your First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.