Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road (895 Views)

FG Commissions Nigeria's First Sugar Research Institute In Kwara / FG Commissions Centre For Basic Space Science Nsukka To Boast Space Researc. Pix / #PMBProjects: Phase I of Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by garfield1: 10:48am On Nov 28, 2021
Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola (SAN) and the attorney general of the federation and minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), yesterday led the federal government’s delegation to commission the newly-completed 155-kilometre (Phases I and II) of the Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega-Kontagora-Makera Road.

In his opening remark, Fashola said the Muhammadu Buhari administration had brought good tidings to the people and governments of Sokoto, Kebbi and Niger states, who will be impacted by the Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega-Kontagora-Makera Road that the president commissioned yesterday.

He said, “My principal message to you all is that this is the first of many more project completion and handovers our country will experience in the next few weeks and months as we enter what I call a season of completion and impact.

“In this phase of completion, Mr President has approved that ministers from the various states where projects have been completed should represent him to perform the handover formalities,” Fashola said.

He said the other handing over formalities that would follow that of yesterday in Kebbi includes the commissioning in Jigawa State of section II covering 142.2 x 2 (dual) kilometers between Shuwarin and Azare, connecting Jigawa and Bauchi states; Bauchi for section III covering 106.3 x 2 kilometers between Azare and Potiskum, connecting Bauchi and Yobe states; Benue for Vandeikya-Obudu Cattle Ranch Road covering 24 Kilometers connecting Benue and Cross River states and Ebonyi for New-Uduma-Uburu Road covering 26.27 kilometers with 14 kilometers spur to Ishiagu connecting Enugu and Ebonyi states.

The minister said the projects represent major investment in road transport infrastructure, which is a commitment of the Buhari administration as a driver for economic growth and prosperity.

According to him, “They are visible and incontrovertible assets in proof of what Nigeria’s resources are invested in, from a combination of our earned resources, and borrowings.

YOU MAYLIKE

Pregnant Woman, Lover, Friend Killed In Ondo
57 MINS AGO

Bagudu, Tambuwal, Abubakar Laud Fayemi On Infrastructure Development
60 MINS AGO
“This occasion affords another opportunity to acknowledge the impact of the Sukuk funding in the completion of Azare – Potiskum, Shuwarin- Potiskum and Sokoto-Tambuwal- Kontagora Roads. The Sukuk is currently contributing to progress of work on 44 roads across Nigeria and as we complete them, events like this will hold.”

ADVERTISEMENT
On his part, Malami said the government is determined to improve road transport infrastructure, the ease of doing business, create jobs and prosperity to lift people out of poverty.

Malami, who represented Buhari, said, “I can confidently say that as we enter the final lap of the tenure of the Buhari administration we are also entering a season of completion and delivery of projects.

“As you can all see, we are handing over today the 155 kilometre road, which is Phases I&II (Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega) of the Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega-Kontagora-Makera Road.

“This road links Sokoto and Kebbi states together, and it is a critical component of our national road network. This road has been built to the highest quality of design and workmanship and if it is well used and not abused, it should last for the designed service life.

“Road abuse takes many forms such as overloading of vehicles and trucks which accelerates pavement damage, spilling of petroleum products, which dissolves all the components and allows water to penetrate, and converting the road shoulders to permanent parking places, that brings the onset of road failure from the shoulder.

“We must all do our best to avoid these practices, report them when they occur and act in a lawful manner to stop them.”

The minister said the road is also a story of the capacity of our people. The patriotic Nigerians who were employed directly to build the road, the scores of suppliers employed indirectly who are responsible for providing the machines used in the construction.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://leadership.ng/fashola-malami-commission-sokoto-tambuwal-jega-road/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjd74iw47r0AhWdAWMBHbDiAiQQFnoECAYQAg&usg=AOvVaw0asLnSSGW_nY7BsojMGm81

Mynd44
Helinues
Ceaseless
Kyase
Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by Asiri1991: 11:03am On Nov 28, 2021
Good
Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by Kyase(m): 11:09am On Nov 28, 2021
The quality of that road ehn
4 layers i think
Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by modsfucker: 11:23am On Nov 28, 2021
The road no get pictures?
Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 28, 2021
H
Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by garfield1: 11:24am On Nov 28, 2021
Another milestone from buhari
Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by garfield1: 11:25am On Nov 28, 2021
Kyase:
The quality of that road ehn
4 layers i think

It should be the longest road in nigeria
Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 28, 2021
garfield1:

Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola (SAN) and the attorney general of the federation and minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami (SAN), yesterday led the federal government’s delegation to commission the newly-completed 155-kilometre (Phases I and II) of the Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega-Kontagora-Makera Road.

This road is far longer than the Shagamu-Ikorodu road, which the FG never do up to 20% of work o. The Ikorodu-Shagamu expressway is just 16km.

The Ikorodu-itokin- ijebu ode expressway have almost been abandon cause of how terrible the road is. The road should be about 15km. You fit spend 4hrs on the road cause of the terrible road

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by garfield1: 11:47am On Nov 28, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
This road is far longer than the Shagamu-Ikorodu road, which the FG never do up to 20% of work o. The Ikorodu-Shagamu expressway is just 16km.

The Ikorodu-itokin- ijebu ode expressway have almost been abandon cause of how terrible the road is. The road should be about 15km. You fit spend 4hrs on the road cause of the terrible road

Lagos govt should fix those roads...malami facilitated the repair of this road,let fashola do same
Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by yanabasee2: 11:47am On Nov 28, 2021
Let this country restructure...

Let the north have its own and the south its own ...
Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by edochie12: 12:09pm On Nov 28, 2021
155km road jeez,but here in the south east,ordinary onitsha-enugu express way that is not up to 50km they could not complete,nawa oh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by Kyase(m): 3:14pm On Nov 28, 2021
garfield1:

It should be the longest road in nigeria
possibly
Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by Kyase(m): 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2021
edochie12:
155km road jeez,but here in the south east,ordinary onitsha-enugu express way that is not up to 50km they could not complete,nawa oh
I wonder oooo
GEJ no do anything
Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by BigSarah(f): 3:27pm On Nov 28, 2021
modsfucker:
The road no get pictures?

Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by BigSarah(f): 3:32pm On Nov 28, 2021
What was done is reconstruction, Sokoto - Jega road isn't bad before, Unless places Past Malisa and Gwandu few potholes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by DOTian: 3:34pm On Nov 28, 2021
At the end of this evil regime, I hope a well tabulated record is made of the quantity and quality of roads commissioned by Fashola across the 6 geopolitical zones. Shame will catch even the shameless. No other part of this administration showcased the evil nature of the regime like the works and petroleum ministry. .Almost 400 kilometers of road done in the North, just in this phase according to the report and less than 30 kilometers done in the east. Yet the East has the worst road network of bad roads in the country. If you do 400 kilometers in the east, upto 3 states will be covered solidly. We always hear taunts of how small the south east is, Which means that the road network there is far smaller and shorter when compared with the rest of the country. So how is it that Fashola and Buhari can do hundreds of kilometers of roads in the insurgency ridden North but can't do anything in the East with the 'small road network' there?
Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by garfield1: 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2021
DOTian:
At the end of this evil regime, I hope a well tabulated record is made of the quantity and quality of roads commissioned by Fashola across the 6 geopolitical zones. Shame will catch even the shameless. No other part of this administration showcased the evil nature of the regime like the works and petroleum ministry. .Almost 400 kilometers of road done in the North, just in this phase according to the report and less than 30 kilometers done in the east. Yet the East has the worst road network of bad roads in the country. If you do 400 kilometers in the east, upto 3 states will be covered solidly. We always hear taunts of how small the south east is, Which means that the road network there is far smaller and shorter when compared with the rest of the country. So how is it that Fashola and Buhari can do hundreds of kilometers of roads in the insurgency ridden North but can't do anything in the East with the 'small road network' there?

What was the percentage of votes given to him by the east
Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by garfield1: 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2021
[quote author=BigSarah post=108032757][/quote]

Let it be dualized jor
Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by BigSarah(f): 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2021
garfield1:

Let it be dualized jor

In the whole of Kebbi state and Illela area of sokoto the only dual road I've seen is in Birnin kebbi the capital.
Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by garfield1: 4:04pm On Nov 28, 2021
BigSarah:

In the whole of Kebbi state and Illela area of sokoto the only dual road I've seen is in Birnin kebbi the capital.

Are you from kebbi
Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by BigSarah(f): 4:18pm On Nov 28, 2021
garfield1:

Are you from kebbi

No
I got my PVC and did some months of my NYSC there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by DOTian: 4:20pm On Nov 28, 2021
garfield1:

What was the percentage of votes given to him by the east
What are the percentages of oil and gas money from the north that are used for these projects?
Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by modsfucker: 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2021
[quote author=BigSarah post=108032757][/quote]

Not bad
Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by garfield1: 5:18pm On Nov 28, 2021
DOTian:

What are the percentages of oil and gas money from the north that are used for these projects?

That question is irrelevant. Side out
Re: Fg Commissions Sokoto-tambuwal-jega-konragora-makera Road by poiZon: 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2021
garfield1:

That question is irrelevant. Side out
The question is relevantly relevant.

Na people like u dey sell out soutern nigeria because of palmy and kpomo.
Uwaafid

(1) (Reply)

2023: Popular Ifá Priest Predicts Bola Tinubu As Next President Of Nigeria / Owo massacre; Amotekun parades 77 suspects (vid) / Is RCCG Truly Coming Into Politics For Osinbajo 2023?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.