Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges (23574 Views)

The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians / 7 Ways To Avoid Unnecessary Bank Charges / How Banks Exploit Cbn's Weakness To Impose Excessive Charges On ATM Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Boschh(m): 11:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
teacherbim:

But I heard banking with Opay is risk

It ain't Ma'am. So long you've got your app locked and safe, you'll be fine...

OPay has never failed me before...
The speed of transactions with OPay is supersonic...
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by ShoeShineGuy: 11:12pm On Nov 29, 2021
Tundex911:
All of una dey craze when una dey vote and collect 1k for the next 4years una no know o, now dem dey comot una money una dey talk up and down...

Abi bank won't pay FG charges too?? If una like go vote for the 70years old man wey dey hope say he will become president comes 2023 as if he know say e go be alive by then.

Peace ✌️

You really need to learn how to talk in a public forum. I won't say more.

1 Like

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by ShoeShineGuy: 11:15pm On Nov 29, 2021
Boschh:

Oh well, I use them as well, virtually for everything. Their service is top notch and I currently have their ATM card. I won't lie to you, I only keep money that is meant for instant use/disbursement there. Abeg, I nor fit shout!

1 Like

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Easy5265: 1:52am On Nov 30, 2021
angelfallz:
please how do you buy airtime recharge on the app?

Payment, One time bill payment or Pay to Saved Biller then you choose mobile recharge. You could also use *977# ussd code.

1 Like

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Tundex911: 6:10am On Nov 30, 2021
As if I mention names here...

My brother face front, na still the reason why we're here till today.

Soro soke my dear

Smh.

ShoeShineGuy:

You really need to learn how to talk in a public forum. I won't say more.
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by SeunAdeniyi1(m): 8:55am On Nov 30, 2021
Boschh:

Please how much is Opay transfer charges to other banks?
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by SeunAdeniyi1(m): 8:57am On Nov 30, 2021
ShoeShineGuy:

Oh well, I use them as well, virtually for everything. Their service is top notch and I currently have their ATM card. I won't lie to you, I only keep money that is meant for instant use/disbursement there. Abeg, I nor fit shout!
Pls like How much does opay charge for transfer to other bank?
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by angelfallz(m): 9:21am On Nov 30, 2021
Thank You. I am still getting used to the app. grin
Easy5265:

Payment, One time bill payment or Pay to Saved Biller then you choose mobile recharge. You could also use *977# ussd code.

1 Like

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by ShoeShineGuy: 1:37pm On Nov 30, 2021
SeunAdeniyi1:
Pls like How much does opay charge for transfer to other bank?

None that I know o. I simulated again minutes ago and you can see in the attached screenshot, there's no extra charge. Not saying they're the best, alongside they & Kuda, I have my way of beating our wicked banks to their games, at least for now.
If Opay should start misbehaving up to a point I can't bear, then again, I'll have no choice than to look for an alternative.

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Boschh(m): 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2021
SeunAdeniyi1:
Please how much is Opay transfer charges to other banks?

Most times it's #10 no matter the volume...
Sometimes Free...
You also get cashbacks when you recharge or pay utilities with the app.
Depending on volume of transactions, they also have Credit me Facility which you can use to pay bills and pay later with almost 0% rate.

Their fixed deposit system is 15% per annum as opposed to 7-10% most banks offer.

The transaction speed fit shock the recipient of your transfers...

I don't work for OPAY, but anyone who use the app always knows what I'm talking about...
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by SeunAdeniyi1(m): 3:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
Boschh:

Sometimes Free...
Depending on volume of transactions, they also have Credit me Facility which you can use to pay bills and pay later with almost 0% rate.

Their fixed deposit system is 15% per annum as opposed to 7-10% most banks offer.

I don't work for OPAY, but anyone who use the app always knows what I'm talking about...
Thanks for the detailed explanation bro. cool cool
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by SeunAdeniyi1(m): 3:09pm On Nov 30, 2021
ShoeShineGuy:

None that I know o. I simulated again minutes ago and you can see in the attached screenshot, there's no extra charge. Not saying they're the best, alongside they & Kuda, I have my way of beating our wicked banks to their games, at least for now.
If Opay should start misbehaving up to a point I can't bear, then again, I'll have no choice than to look for an alternative.
Cool. Thanks boss.
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by ShoeShineGuy: 8:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
Boschh:

Sometimes Free...

I don't work for them either and yea, you're right except that their credit-me facility now carries a 3% charge on every transaction you carry out through it and 8% if you transfer it out; I dished that already for Kuda's overdraft. I'm still wowed by OPay notwithstanding, especially the speed of their transactions and the ease of carrying bill payments.. Their payment vouchers which you can get in exchange for your coins are also great source of discount. There's cash back too as you pointed out.

Though it took more than the promised time to get my debit card ready and across through a dispatch. Plus I had little trouble getting it activated on their app which might have been fixed now.

As long as they're not spending my money anyhow as banks do, no wàhálà!
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Boschh(m): 11:25am On Dec 02, 2021
ShoeShineGuy:

I don't work for them either and yea, you're right except that their credit-me facility now carries a 3% charge on every transaction you carry out through it and 8% if you transfer it out; I dished that already for Kuda's overdraft. I'm still wowed by OPay notwithstanding, especially the speed of their transactions and the ease of carrying bill payments.. Their payment vouchers which you can get in exchange for your coins are also great source of discount. There's cash back too as you pointed out.

Though it took more than the promised time to get my debit card ready and across through a dispatch. Plus I had little trouble getting it activated on their app which might have been fixed now.

As long as they're not spending my money anyhow as banks do, no wàhálà!

This shows you're a true user of OPAY. If all banks carry out operations as swift and cheap as OPAY, Then we are in for the good times.
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Boschh(m): 11:25am On Dec 02, 2021
SeunAdeniyi1:
Thanks for the detailed explanation bro. cool cool

You're welcome Boss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by angelfallz(m): 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2021
Hello, Please have you used the app to pay nepa bills?
The steps are confusing. Especially that "biller account details".

Normally on other Bank apps, for NEPA bill payment you put in your customer unique number/Meter number and then your phone number. Those options aren't there on the SC app.

At least for airtime I've understood that "biller account details" is where you put in the phone number you want to recharge.

I've also searched online for videos to help me understand the app, but the videos are generic.

Easy5265:

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Easy5265: 1:52am On Dec 03, 2021
angelfallz:
Hello, Please have you used the app to pay nepa bills?
The steps are confusing. Especially that "biller account details".

Normally on other Bank apps, for NEPA bill payment you put in your customer unique number/Meter number and then your phone number. Those options aren't there on the SC app.

At least for airtime I've understood that "biller account details" is where you put in the phone number you want to recharge.

I've also searched online for videos to help me understand the app, but the videos are generic.

Don't know how to. You may have to stick to your earlier method of bill payment.

1 Like

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by angelfallz(m): 9:29am On Dec 03, 2021
okay, thank you

Easy5265:

Don't know how to. You may have to stick to your earlier method of bill payment.
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by angelfallz(m): 5:45pm On Dec 08, 2021
I have figured it out. Tap on menu, payments, one time bill payment, select utility bill, select biller name, in biller account details (which was confusing me) put your Meter number.
The rest is straightforward. They would send the pin recharge to your registered phone number and email. wink

Easy5265:

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Easy5265: 6:33pm On Dec 08, 2021
angelfallz:
I have figured it out. Tap on menu, payments, one time bill payment, select utility bill, select biller name, in biller account details (which was confusing me) put your Meter number.
The rest is straightforward. They would send the pin recharge to your registered phone number and email. wink

Fantastic. Your one stop app for all you banking needs innit, and without no hidden charge. Well done Standard Chartered.

1 Like

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Titaniumental: 5:56pm On Dec 13, 2021
Swinger60:
My dear, Aceess bank and UBA have finished my money, I have kuda account ooo, but, the stories I read about how it's easy to get defrauded of your money from kuda is scaring me from moving to them permanently.
Hearsay

Kuda is safe,i've using kuda for close to 2yrs now

1 Like

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by IMO01: 6:19pm On Dec 13, 2021
NNTR:
The following exchange was published in the British humor magazine, Punch, on April 3, 1957.

It is reprinted here as an appropriate introduction and as a mental exercise to limber the mind for the material contained in this book.

Q. What are banks for?
A. To make money.

Q. For the customers?
A. For the banks.

Q. Why doesn't bank advertising mention this?
A. It would not be in good taste. But it is mentioned by implication in references to reserves of $249,000,000 or thereabouts. That is the money that they have made.

Q. Out of the customers?
A. I suppose so.

Q. They also mention Assets of $500,000,000 or thereabouts. Have they made that too?
A. Not exactly . That is the money they use to make money.

Q. I see. And they keep it in a safe somewhere?
A. Not at all. They lend it to customers.

Q. Then they haven't got it?
A. No.

Q. Then how is it Assets?
A. They maintain that it would be if they got it back.

Q. But they must have some money in a safe somewhere?
A. Yes, usually $500,000,000 or thereabouts. This is called Liabilities.

Q. But if they've got it, how can they be liable for it?
A. Because it isn't theirs.

Q. Then why do they have it?
A. It has been lent to them by customers.

Q. You mean customers lend banks money?
A. In effect. They put money into their accounts, so it is really lent to the banks.

Q. And what do the banks do with it?
A. Lend it to other customers.

Q. But you said that money they lent to other people was Assets?
A. Yes.

Q. Then Assets and Liabilities must be the same thing?
A. You can't really say that.

Q. But you've just said it. If I put $100 into my account the bank is liable to have to pay it back, so it's Liabilities. But they go and lend it to someone else, and he is liable to have to pay it back, so it's Assets. It's the same $100, isn't it?
A. Yes. But...

Q. I see. And they keep it in a safe somewhere?
A. Not at all. They lend it to customers.

Q. Then they haven't got it?
A. No.

Q. Then how is it Assets?
A. They maintain that it would be if they got it back.

Q. But they must have some money in a safe somewhere?
A. Yes, usually $500,000,000 or thereabouts. This is called Liabilities.

Q. But if they've got it, how can they be liable for it?
A. Because it isn't theirs.

Q. Then why do they have it?
A. It has been lent to them by customers.

Q. You mean customers lend banks money?
A. In effect. They put money into their accounts, so it is really lent to the banks.

Q. And what do the banks do with it?
A. Lend it to other customers.

Q. But you said that money they lent to other people was Assets?
A. Yes.

Q. Then Assets and Liabilities must be the same thing?
A. You can't really say that.

Q. But you've just said it. If I put $100 into my account the bank is liable to have to pay it back, so it's Liabilities. But they go and lend it to someone else, and he is liable to have to pay it back, so it's Assets. It's the same $100, isn't it?
A. Yes. But...

Q. Then it cancels out. It means, doesn't it, that banks haven't really any money at all?
A. Theoretically....

Q. Never mind theoretically. And if they haven't any money, where do they get their Reserves of $249,000,000 or thereabouts?
A. I told you. That is the money they have made.

Q. How?
A. Well, when they lend your $100 to someone they charge him interest.

Q. How much?
A. It depends on the Bank Rate. Say five and a-half per cent. That's their profit.

Q. Why isn't it my profit? Isn't it my money?
A. It's the theory of banking practice that...

Q. When I lend them my $100 why don't I charge them interest?
A. You do.

Q. You don't say. How much?
A. It depends on the Bank Rate. Say half a per cent.

Q. Grasping of me, rather?
A. But that's only if you're not going to draw the money out again.

Q. But of course, I'm going to draw it out again. If I hadn't wanted to draw it out again I could have buried it in the garden, couldn't I?
A. They wouldn't like you to draw it out again.

Q. Why not? If I keep it there you say it's a Liability. Wouldn't they be glad if I reduced their Liabilities by removing it?
A. No. Because if you remove it they can't lend it to anyone else.

Q. But if I wanted to remove it they'd have to let me?
A. Certainly.

Q. But suppose they've already lent it to another customer?
A. Then they'll let you have someone else's money.

Q. But suppose he wants his too ... and they've let me have it?
A. You're being purposely ob- tuse.

Q. I think I'm being acute. What if everyone wanted their money at once?
A. It's the theory of banking practice that they never would.

Q. So what banks bank on is not having to meet their commitments?
A. I wouldn't say that.

Q. Naturally. Well, if there's nothing else you think you can tell me...?
A. Quite so. Now you can go off and open a banking account.

Q. Just one last question.
A. Of course.

Q. Wouldn't I do better to go off and open up a bank?

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

Zeigeist
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Maj196(m): 11:47am On Jan 08, 2022
Gt Bank in now a big time thief angry
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by heartofcity12: 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2022
Maj196:
Gt Bank in now a big time thief angry

They’re terrible. They deducted 3k plus from my account for sms charges, this is insane.
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by fairy88: 11:19am On Aug 17, 2022
This was debited from me, they said is Cgate pos
What the hell is cgate pos?

Calculating all the transactions is up to 8k

What the heck is Cgate pos?
Zenith bank

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

11 Ways To Make Money At NYSC Orientation Camp As A Coper Or Non-coper / My Experience With Facebook Fake Aliko Dangote -photos / Nigerian Currency Crisis Explained: What We Know And Don’t Know - Bloomberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.