Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges (23592 Views)

The Many Faces Of Bank Charges Paid By Nigerians / 7 Ways To Avoid Unnecessary Bank Charges / How Banks Exploit Cbn's Weakness To Impose Excessive Charges On ATM Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Oluf3mi(m): 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2021
lashout1:
Everything dies in this country;

You make transfer with GTB mobile app, you get additional deductions tagged VAT, transfer commission and stamp duty charge.

After 2 weeks, you will receive another with SMS charge for two week and another at the end of the month including 2 weeks that have been deducted previously.

The annoying thing is that most of these deductions do not come with SMS because they are trying to get it off the customers attention.

If I use my GTB ATM card on another bank's dispenser, I get deductions for every use, which is supposed to be one deduction after 3 usage.
GTB that at mad finish.

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by rollandben(m): 4:37pm On Nov 28, 2021
Polaris Bank is the worsiest ever, their multiple charges is like a temptation...they are really going tough at their customers this days. From yesterday till this moment is what I couldn't explain. They don't like seeing money in my account.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by gazza07(m): 4:37pm On Nov 28, 2021
Those that voted for buhari twice, may unquenchable thunder fire una. If you're still supporting buhari, I wish you what buhari wished for Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by ReubenE(m): 4:39pm On Nov 28, 2021
ManirBK:
The charges are just "terribly outrageous!"
And some of the banks like mine, don't give
debit alert on those useless charges.
Just deposit 200k in your account if you
have 20k the next time you would deposit
100k instead of getting a balance of 320k
you will get like 319, 850. Just imagine?!

Access Bank are the masters of this. My savings balance is never complete with them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Jamescyray(m): 4:40pm On Nov 28, 2021
Zenith is the worst. There was a time I transfer all my money to another account, after some time that I have the need for the zenith account again, I met -300(I mean negative #300) grin grin grin. I was like you are still deducting from empty account.

Seriously it's unfair, I guess this bank no longer do business, they wait for customer to deposit and then take their share in the name of bank charges.

Imagine a bank with like 1million customers, #300 bank charges every month, do the calculation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by CrazyGranddad(m): 4:41pm On Nov 28, 2021
Why use conventional banks when you can use virtual banks like Kuda, Raven etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Virtplus(m): 4:42pm On Nov 28, 2021
Na my God go punish access bank, can u believe dey debited me 1016naira, jst yesterday here without no alert ooo,they jst move the money to my ledger balance, from there they remove it completely, not the regular 50naira electronic charges oo,sometimes twice a week... Nigeria banks are thieves especially access bank.. God punish una

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 28, 2021
Minime10:

Try UBA, then Access might just pass for a saint.
It happened to me just last week, as I don't have any strength for long grammar, I simply took my card and went to the next available withdrawing point and then emptied the remnants, let UBA go ahead and deduct from the empty account.
What I did was to completely close my account with Zenith bank. They are all useless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by EdwardRandy(m): 4:48pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ahmback:
Access bank will even charge you for making a deposit. Useless set of people
Lol cheesy
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by neonly: 4:49pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ahmback:
Access bank will even charge you for making a deposit. Useless set of people

I stop using dat bank for like 3yrs now
I had one time transfer moneyfro access to zenith so dat my people can use d zenith card when they were in holiday
Access debited me but zenith never received money Thks God I had money in my sterling bank account. Which I was able to do d tranfer successfully
On getting to access after two week to complain they were so confident and saying dat money had been received by d other bank after a small alltraction I just told dem that is other bank was my account has well dem come keep quite I had to report then to der head office right inside d bank before 20mins dem reverse d money back
Access get problem no small , since dem they join with diamond bank

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Chiefupper: 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2021
UBA and GTBank you are guity of this, I swear I didn't give you my money but you are forcefully taking it away from me, God sees you. How can I deposited 6,000 Naira only for my Balance to be 4,500, did I owe you?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Easy5265: 5:00pm On Nov 28, 2021
Is it that you all don't know about Standard Chartered Bank. No arbitrary charge, been banking with them for over a year now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by DOTian: 5:01pm On Nov 28, 2021
The current CBN governor used to be part of these banks and ofcourse part of these illegal practices..
I guess that's why he treats them with no seriousness...
The major problem with the Nigerian economy is the structure of the banking system. The banks carter for the fat pockets of a gluttonous elite and are not interested in any serious move towards growing the economy..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by LZAA: 5:03pm On Nov 28, 2021
ManirBK:
That's what we get when we have a Central
Bank governor who will rather side with
banks than care about citizens. It is under
him that these useless charges were
introduced. He is always doing everything to
please the banks.
Sai baba?? grin grin grin
Cc imhotep AfonjaConehead helinues Afamed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Constanttruth(m): 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2021
You nailed it
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by guru90: 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2021
Uba don finished me... if I open my uba app.... u will see 50 naira debits line up in my transaction history......

Honestly, banks is not good place to save money now...

U will put money in ur account, they will debits some fraction.... U will withdraw, they will also debits u.....

BANKS NO SAFE AGAIN....

1 Like

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by DECLAN2015(m): 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2021
yanabasee2:

I swear....

I've to be transferring additional #300 just for banks to be eating from it... Just so they don't get to reach the main balance...

But this isn't how it should be..

Banks are places where you keep money and have increase... But as it is today ... if you keep your money in the bank and in the next ten years, you'll be owing the bank...

No b juju b dat
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Cognitivereason: 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2021
If the charges are too much...simply withdraw all your money and keep it in ur house...
GTB remains the best for me

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by 27Pushing30: 5:08pm On Nov 28, 2021
ManirBK:
That's what we get when we have a Central
Bank governor who will rather side with
banks than care about citizens. It is under
him that these useless charges were
introduced. He is always doing everything to
please the banks.

Why not check history of bank charges before criticizing the current governor?

Ignorance isn’t cool
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by snowball11(m): 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2021
Commercial banks are becoming sick just like the country under baba lifeless! grin
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by highness25(m): 5:16pm On Nov 28, 2021
ManirBK:

https://dailytrust.com/customers-outraged-over-excessive-bank-charges?fbclid
Tomorrow FCMB and Access Bank will have to explain to me why I'm being charged on daily basis... Access bank charged me over 3,500 two days ago and tagged it sms charges I'm yet to know how it accumulated to 3,500. Yhen FCMB charges me everyday even when I'm not using the account. God will punish them tomorrow
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by idholo96(m): 5:16pm On Nov 28, 2021
This has been my problem with First Bank, they charge nothing less than 700 for alert, still tax me for the alert charges and still put and pseudo charges on alert, they put narrations such as QBE on my debit and you won't know all these except you log in their banking app, and intermittent 100 naira between days for electronic transfer, stated as elec. trans.
I am so tired of their Bank.
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by toujurs: 5:19pm On Nov 28, 2021
May God punish first bank, this bank debited 10k from my account, i have called them numerously. Without no response, May God God punish this buhari led apc, a demonic party fg had the audacity to debit 50naira ontop my credit alert, ipon the incessant deductions from these Nigerian banks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Cognitivereason: 5:20pm On Nov 28, 2021
U realise bank is an investment that needs to make profit and pay workers right..
U realise it money they used to maintain all of their offices .buy their own diesel for electricity..
Don't get me wrong...some charges aren't right... But the regular alert fees and the likes shouldnt be condemned... They pay telecom companies as well
whytediamond:

This is outright fraud.

Imagine doing this to just 1million account holders daily.

After dem go say na police corrupt pass. Criminals in suit and tie
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by oloba(m): 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2021
Gtbank don finished me. I don kuku move all my money to palmpay...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by jacoik(m): 5:29pm On Nov 28, 2021
yanabasee2:

I swear....

I've to be transferring additional #300 just for banks to be eating from it... Just so they don't get to reach the main balance...

But this isn't how it should be..

Banks are places where you keep money and have increase... But as it is today ... if you keep your money in the bank and in the next ten years, you'll be owing the bank...
lolxxxxx hahahaha I swear this one got me. You said if you leave your money in the bank for next ten years you will be owning the Bank? Cheiiiiiiii!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by ThatFairGuy: 5:32pm On Nov 28, 2021
I just observe this two days back.
I'm making an online payment of exact amount in my GTBank account using their app.

I checked my balance and see that almost 4k has been deducted already WITHOUT NOTIFICATION.
I checked the history and saw it termed as SMS charge for October 10 to November 26.
This is same Bank who charge you for every transactions.
Same issue make me abandon zenith and UBA, unknowingly GTBank is doing same.
These banks are reaping us.

1 Like

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by charlsecy(m): 5:33pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ahmback:
Access bank will even charge you for making a deposit
It's Stamp Duty, if it's up to N10,000. It's applicable in every bank.
Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by stroller9795: 5:38pm On Nov 28, 2021
Na wa o….I use standard chartered bank and I’ve never experienced any illegal deductions from my account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by Springboot: 5:41pm On Nov 28, 2021
Simple solution is to move your funds to mfbs like kuda, sparkle, avoid alat by wema.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges by jaeyking(m): 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2021
Boschh:
OPay and Kuda are even serving the masses better than this shiit called Nigerian Banks.

You are absolutely right
I'm just waiting for my opay card to come for me to finally leave gtbank

I wish OPAY would have direct account number rather than paycom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Currency Crisis Explained: What We Know And Don’t Know - Bloomberg / Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) / CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.