Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Reasons Why I Think Religion Is A Scam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why I Think Religion Is A Scam (359 Views)

Religion Is Not The Reason For Backwardness In Africa, Our Leaders Are / Why Do You Think Religion And Beliefs In God Or Gods Make Sense To People / Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why I Think Religion Is A Scam by Gbadebo19(m): 10:53am On Nov 28, 2021
Good morning ladies and gentlemen. The title of this post may be a turn off for many people but I urge you to read and make up your mind. I am not here to compel or persuade anyone to ditch or change their religions. My write up here seeks to show cogent reasons why I think religion is a creation of humans and just an avenue for amassing wealth. Let's go.
I was born and raised a Muslim. However, my parents are one that value education so much. Thus, when i was growing up, the only school that was deemed to be worth attending was a private school owned by a deeper life christian. As at the time i started school, i was already 5 years old; reason being that at those times, your hands had to reach your ear at the opposite side without bending your head before you were deemed worthy to start school. My short stature did not help matters, so I had to wait till that age before starting. Thus, i already started modrasah before school.
My attending a christian private school exposed me to christianity and biblical teachings a lot as i took the christian religious studies subject from J.S.S.1 till S.S.S.3. During my secondary school days, i would go to ijtimah and tabigh outings during the holiday. Not to bore you, as at the time i finished my secondary school, i had had an above average understanding of the contents of the quran and the bible.
Thus, as an objective person, i have come to the conclusion that religion is a scam created by some brain disorder suffering persons (Muhammad) and (Apostle Paul and other apostles) and perpetuated by some greed controlled individuals for the purpose of ethnical supremacy and control of power based on these cogent reasons.
1. CONTRADICTIONS BETWEEN THE SO-CALLED HOLY BOOKS: It is rampant to hear amongst the Muslims that there exists no contradiction between the Quran and the "original bible". Note that I wrote original bible in quotes. It is the contention of muslims that the bible carried by the christians is adulterated. It is a trite principle that he who asserts must prove. Unfortunately, no muslim has been able to show anyone the acclaimed "original" bible. All they are able to bring forth as evidence are errors in translation which does nothing to defeat the message being passed across. I will now proceed to show the contradictions in both so-called holy books.
First and foremost, no matter how error prone translation can be, there exists no bible in the world that denies that Christ is the son of God. This is rebutted in the quran where it was stated that God was not born, nor did he give birth to anyone. The hypocritic translation given to God having a child i will leave till another day.
Secondly, there exists no bible that denies the crucifixion of christ on the cross. This is again rebutted in the quran where "God" is alleged to have said that the crucifixion did not actually occur but was made to be so in their eyes.
Based on this, if these two books are from God or from God inspired persons, the only explanation is that there are either multiple Gods or Just one God giving conflicting instructions.
2. The Very Existence Of Multiple Religions:. Think of it objectively, if God wanted one religion, why would he create two or multiples. Christians hold on to the conviction that their religion is the way, same for muslims and other religions with each of them differing in their perception of God. If both or all religions are from God, i am unable to see a reason why there should be an iota of difference since it is claimed by both religions that there exists only one God.

No one knows everything, thus your objective comments are appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Think Religion Is A Scam by Kilotat: 11:02am On Nov 28, 2021
Religion is not Only a Scam, it is Man Made.
That's why I love Christianity. Christians is a name the Jews use to describe followers of Christ. So Christianity is not a religion but a way of Life, "A CHRIST LIKE LIFE". know this and know peace
Re: Reasons Why I Think Religion Is A Scam by Myer(m): 11:04am On Nov 28, 2021
Following
Re: Reasons Why I Think Religion Is A Scam by Franzinni: 11:40am On Nov 28, 2021
Religion is a scam righteousness and holiness isnt
Re: Reasons Why I Think Religion Is A Scam by kumulus(m): 11:40am On Nov 28, 2021
Kilotat:
Religion is not Only a Scam, it is Man Made.
That's why I love Christianity. Christians is a name the Jews use to describe followers of Christ. So Christianity is not a religion but a way of Life, "A CHRIST LIKE LIFE". know this and know peace

Same way moslems say Islam is a System and not a religion....
Re: Reasons Why I Think Religion Is A Scam by Kilotat: 12:04pm On Nov 28, 2021
kumulus:
Same way moslems say Islam is a System and not a religion....
not here in northern Nigeria, if they hear you say that, it's blasphemy, hmmmmm!
Re: Reasons Why I Think Religion Is A Scam by Kobojunkie: 8:26pm On Nov 28, 2021
Gbadebo19:

No one knows everything, thus your objective comments are appreciated.
The God of the Bible is different from the Allah of the Quran and from the Hindu God and from every other god out there. Once you realize this, you can have peace where God is concerned. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Shocking!!! Veteran Nollywood Actor,Clem Ohameze Receives N8M For Surgical Oper / Pastor Puts Church Up For Sale After Recording Low Offerings For Six Consecutive / Much Ado About Payment Of Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.