Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,622 members, 7,827,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Omicron: Concerns Mount Over Cyril Ramaphosa's Visit To Nigeria - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Omicron: Concerns Mount Over Cyril Ramaphosa's Visit To Nigeria (24695 Views)

COVID-19: Members Of Ramaphosa's Team Evacuated From Abuja / Omicron: Canada's Confirmed Cases From Persons With Recent Travel From Nigeria / Ayoade Olatunbosun-Alakija BBC Interview On Omicron COVID In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omicron: Concerns Mount Over Cyril Ramaphosa's Visit To Nigeria by AreaFada2: 4:50pm On Nov 28, 2021
bluefilm:
Who is naming all these SCAMdemic variants?
When a new variant is reported to WHO, if they confirm that it is really new, they give it a name. They use Greek alphabet names in this case.

Omicron (om-e-cron) is letter O in Greek. It should have been N or Nu (New) in Greek but it would sound too similar to "New Covid-19", a term already used since the beginning of the pandemic all over the place. So they jumped N to letter O.
In reality, there is another alphabet that they jumped between N and O, which is Xi. Calling it Xi might have looked too much like Xi Jinping of China may be?

Although Greek Xi is pronounced as zz-eye.

Dude, Covid-19 is real. If you haven't seen where it is treated you may not know. It is as true as people delivering babies or being rushed to hospital after RTA daily.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omicron: Concerns Mount Over Cyril Ramaphosa's Visit To Nigeria by Bastard1stborn: 4:54pm On Nov 28, 2021
They will allow him to come and declear omicron found IN NIGERIA for cash out
Re: Omicron: Concerns Mount Over Cyril Ramaphosa's Visit To Nigeria by Ojayk(m): 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2021
He will come,
Then the International community will flag Nigeria, including the immune gods.

oshozondii:

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/11/28/new-covid-19-strain-concerns-mount-over-planned-visit-of-ramaphosa-to-nigeria/
Re: Omicron: Concerns Mount Over Cyril Ramaphosa's Visit To Nigeria by descartes400: 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2021
The covid 19 Omicron variant is mere much ado over nothing!

Doctor Voetzee, the South African female doctor who reported the variant to WHO has this to say in the screen grab below

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Concerns Mount Over Cyril Ramaphosa's Visit To Nigeria by MonsterLoader: 5:16pm On Nov 28, 2021
ShitHead:
This is a Full Container Load of Omicron.

Hahahahahahahaha this your comment done make me laugh off. Na buhari him go offload am give grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Omicron: Concerns Mount Over Cyril Ramaphosa's Visit To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
funshint:
I just like that South African president's name..."Ramaphosa". It sounds powerful like "Ramses"
Hnmm ! What do you mean grin

Re: Omicron: Concerns Mount Over Cyril Ramaphosa's Visit To Nigeria by Lisaint(m): 5:40pm On Nov 28, 2021
I know my country won’t kuku take all safety measure against SA omiran abi omicron now!

Before you know now
U will hear one omicron don enter through the one of the airport undetected

And later you will be hearing!

You will see they will start counting high scores

Just protect yourself with your mask abeg

Naija government no send anyone wey no be their family o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Omicron: Concerns Mount Over Cyril Ramaphosa's Visit To Nigeria by Famocious(m): 5:42pm On Nov 28, 2021
The variant might have been in Nigeria already but if its diagnosis is not made in our lab, everyone will continue to live as if it doesn't exist here..
Re: Omicron: Concerns Mount Over Cyril Ramaphosa's Visit To Nigeria by GambaOsaka: 6:09pm On Nov 28, 2021
badoh:
I know Nigerian govt always proved stubborn. They act as if everything g is under control and no cause for alarm. Is Buhari more sensible and proactive than other countries that have placed a travel restrictions on the affected countries?

My brother, don’t put the blame on buhari alone. We have 200 million mumus that think Covid is not real.
Re: Omicron: Concerns Mount Over Cyril Ramaphosa's Visit To Nigeria by Billygee2u: 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
yanabasee2:
Whenever I read about Omicron, it reminds me of France president...

This Omicron is to make some people to cash out big time....
Re: Omicron: Concerns Mount Over Cyril Ramaphosa's Visit To Nigeria by alphaNomega: 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2021
Omicron variant causes mild disease. No need to panic
Re: Omicron: Concerns Mount Over Cyril Ramaphosa's Visit To Nigeria by Germi9: 7:33pm On Nov 28, 2021
The last time they talked about this Omicron i said Nigeria will never ban South African,such jokers
Re: Omicron: Concerns Mount Over Cyril Ramaphosa's Visit To Nigeria by Edusouls(m): 7:50pm On Nov 28, 2021
Omicron Na western scam, don’t mind their propaganda? What was the name of the strain that killed over a million people in the western world
Re: Omicron: Concerns Mount Over Cyril Ramaphosa's Visit To Nigeria by themanderon: 8:44pm On Nov 28, 2021
The Nigerian government is never proactive. They refused to shut our boarders and unleashed that virus on the citizens. Now they will take no action to stop the so called new variant so they can get a cut of the money flying around in the name of trying to prevent the virus.
Re: Omicron: Concerns Mount Over Cyril Ramaphosa's Visit To Nigeria by CaptainFM1: 9:15pm On Nov 28, 2021
G00DyBag:

Forgive me for the inconvenience sir. I type this with 50MB bonus data.

You are forgiven by God already.
Re: Omicron: Concerns Mount Over Cyril Ramaphosa's Visit To Nigeria by Sniper101(m): 11:18pm On Nov 28, 2021
abeg he should be allowed to visit o
So he'll go to Aso Rock and shake hands with our darling El Presidenté

they should both hug each other even.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Dies Following Fire Tragedy Few Days After Her Wedding. Photos / Francis Dooga, Retired Soldier Commits Suicide Over Hardship In Benue (Graphic) / UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.