Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! (5801 Views)

Policeman Dies In Lagos Hotel While Having Fun With His Girlfriend / (photos)... A Nairalander's Birthday Gift From His Girlfriend. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by Nobody: 3:49am On Jun 10, 2011
in the morning,i received this mail from a friend but i can't keep it with me so i decide to post it andget the conversation here and maybe the solution too.the letter writes;
  "hello (my name) i am really sick and tired of ogechukwu,she is totally a disgrace to me infact right now im cutting her off,i have tried severly times to do that but whenever i move forward to tell her or avoid her my conscious will fail me.do you know that this morning she took my visitor's expensive wrist watch! what exactly is this kind of thing! it seems as if this is getting worst! i think i cant bear it anylonger! i have tried as possible to provide for her but yet! i am sensing that this girl will disgrace me the second time  in the public soon and this time no matter what! i will not only leave her  but pay for the disgraces"
                                                                                                                                              ikenna

this is a letter from my chidhood friend ikenna and oge is his fiance/girlfriend(not sure).ikenna left for lagos when we were in prim6 to serve his oga(lagos) so didnt finish school.few years later(jss3)we start communicating,he told me everything about oge and swear to me that he will marry her,he told me how he suffered to get her even by giving her little little money stolen from his oga.after he has been settled,the whole thing become more stronger(the girl now in the university).my few days in lagos before i left the country,i visits ikenna house always and i wil admit the girl is really pretty ,everything about her is natural,her good character,her face,her body i doubt if there will be a dress that wont fit her.whenever ikenna is out with her, every guy is on the look out and she is tall too! ikenna explain her problem of kleptomania to me.i doubt  it cos her father isnt poor  and i never ask her about it even though ikenna tells me that she atimes admits whenever she takes his thing but will keep taking them, she will even take some food item to school without leting him know.am i to talk of  money! she takes it as if its her own infact ikenna wont border to ask cos he has already  knwn thief !  after the above letter,i called him advising him to keep calm and pray to God for her to change(though in mind i wont) but i dnt  want to be an odd in their life as i have always been good to her.now i have her number and i wants to call her and ask her about it then talk to her but what exactly am i gonna say!
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by Nekai(f): 3:57am On Jun 10, 2011
Thief dating a thief.
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by Nobody: 4:23am On Jun 10, 2011
i forget to tell you guys about the first public insult the girl gave him that made him talked about giving him the second one'    one afternoon oge came back from school(lagos state uni) comes down from a taxi while ikenna was  complaining to an electrician about a connection when she comes in ,they were both there when the same taxi that drop her came back speeding,the driver and a woman came out shouting "you be thief!! the word got ikenna mad that he nearly blow the woman but was stopped by the driver and the electrician. the driver now explain to ikenna that the woman is suspecting oge of her stole phone,oge was searched and the phone was found in her hand bag,she said she took it thinking it was her own phone, by now the woman was calling him all sorts of names that she knows his type! they will take it to alaba market and sell the phone! but you will never get my belonging!!! all sort of words that he cant even stand! ikenna told me that he didnt even discuss with her about it till date also that she is using a nice phone that is browsing worty 22k yet why should she do such!
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by Nobody: 4:25am On Jun 10, 2011
Nekai:

Thief dating a thief.
i dont think so! he isnt a thief.
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by hollandis(f): 8:14am On Jun 10, 2011
I have dated a girl before,she suceeded in stealing my spermatozoaa ,for 5 months I couldn't release.She later confessed to me.Tell ikenna to run away from Oge fast before wahala catches up with him
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by upendo98(f): 8:19am On Jun 10, 2011
BVH translated - BAD VILLAGE HABITS. A habit not stopped becomes a lifestyle. You are in for trouble bro.I wouldn't dare invite you guys into my house if we were close friends. Shame. She[b] STOPS[/b] or she STEPS.
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by Mynd44: 9:10am On Jun 10, 2011
Hilarious. Nice story it will do well in Nollywood
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by Dyt(f): 9:57am On Jun 10, 2011
Yorubas ll say
*e ti ese ile bo* lk in2 it spiritually
may God nt mk us thieves o
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by llemisy(f): 1:34pm On Jun 10, 2011
since he love her nd she,s beautiful as he claim eventhoug she thive,,,,,,,,,he should be praying for her or consult spiritualist or a gud pastor for deliverance,,,,
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2011
hollandis:

I have dated a girl before,she suceeded in stealing my spermatozoaa ,for 5 months I couldn't release.She later confessed to me.Tell ikenna to run away from Oge fast before wahala catches up with him

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 10, 2011
upendo 98:

BVH translated - BAD VILLAGE HABITS. A habit not stopped becomes a lifestyle. You are in for trouble bro.I wouldn't dare invite you guys into my house if we were close friends. Shame. She[b] STOPS[/b] or she STEPS.
wait a minute, you mean you would nt invite me to your house! am i a thieve?
hollandis:

funny.thank God she confess, but i cant tell him that cos i hope oneday she will change also i dont want to be the one that will make him loose her!
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 10, 2011
Dyt:

Yorubas ll say
*e ti ese ile bo* lk in2 it spiritually
may God nt mk us thieves o
hello dyt. how are you? i hope you arent angry about what happen in our last thread. wink wink
pls i dnt understand your post? u mean God made her a thief shocked
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 10, 2011
llemisy:

since he love her nd she,s beautiful as he claim eventhoug she thive,,,,,,,,,he should be praying for her or consult spiritualist or a gud pastor for deliverance,,,,
exactly what i support but frankly speaking i cant bear it if im in his shoes,
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 10, 2011
Mynd_44:

Hilarious. Nice story it will do well in Nollywood
may be you should compose one, cool cool but dnt use the characters here cos you gonna expose me to my friend for telling the world his story.
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by Natasha2(f): 6:54pm On Jun 10, 2011
wow hmm well let me see. . . .
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by Natasha2(f): 6:59pm On Jun 10, 2011
Kleptomania is a disease and its curable The best way to help a kleptomaniac is to make sure they seek treatment from a psychiatrist, this is what your friend should do

Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by Natasha2(f): 7:04pm On Jun 10, 2011
[b][i]read this article, found it on the net cheesy
Treatments and drugs
By Mayo Clinic staff
Although fear, humiliation or embarrassment may make it difficult for you to seek treatment for kleptomania, it's important to get help. Kleptomania is very difficult to overcome on your own. Treatment of kleptomania typically involves medications and psychotherapy, perhaps along with self-help groups. However, there's no standard kleptomania treatment and researchers are still trying to understand what may work best. You may have to try several types of kleptomania treatment to find something that works well for your situation.

Medications
There's little solid scientific research about using psychiatric medications to treat kleptomania. However, some studies have suggested that certain medications may be helpful. Which medication is best for you depends on your overall situation and other conditions you may have, such as depression or obsessive-compulsive disorder. You may benefit from taking a combination of medications. Medications to consider include:

Antidepressants. Those most commonly used to treat kleptomania are selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). These include fluoxetine (Prozac, Prozac Weekly), paroxetine (Paxil, Paxil CR), fluvoxamine and others. However, there have been a few case reports of SSRIs actually triggering kleptomania symptoms. Talk to your doctor about your concerns and coping with side effects of antidepressants.
Mood stabilizers. These medications are meant to even out your mood so that you don't have rapid or uneven changes that may trigger urges to steal. Some evidence suggests that lithium (Eskalith, Lithobid) may be helpful.
Benzodiazepines. These medications are central nervous system depressants, also called tranquilizers. They include clonazepam (Klonopin) and alprazolam (Xanax, Niravam). The effectiveness of benzodiazepines often varies, and they may be habit-forming — causing mental or physical dependence, especially when taken for a long time or in high doses.
Anti-seizure medications. Although originally intended for seizure disorders, these medications have shown benefits in certain mental health disorders, possibly including kleptomania. Some studies have shown benefits from topiramate (Topamax) and valproic acid (Depakene, Stavzor).
Addiction medications. Naltrexone (Revia), known technically as an opioid antagonist, blocks the part of your brain that feels pleasure with certain addictive behaviors. It may reduce the urges and pleasure associated with stealing.
You may have to try several different medications or combinations of medications to see what works best for you with the fewest side effects. Keep in mind that it may take several weeks to notice full benefits. Talk to your doctor or mental health provider if you're bothered by side effects. Under his or her guidance, you may be able to switch medications or change your dosage. Many side effects go away on their own with time.

Psychotherapy
Cognitive behavioral therapy has become the psychotherapy of choice for kleptomania. In general, cognitive behavioral therapy helps you identify unhealthy, negative beliefs and behaviors and replace them with healthy, positive ones. Cognitive behavioral therapy may include these techniques to help you overcome kleptomania urges:

Covert sensitization, in which you picture yourself stealing and then facing negative consequences, such as being caught.
Aversion therapy, in which you practice mildly painful techniques, such as holding your breath until you become uncomfortable, when you get an urge to steal.
Systematic desensitization, in which you practice relaxation techniques and picture yourself controlling urges to steal.Other forms of therapy, such as psychodynamic therapy, family therapy or marriage counseling, also may be helpful.

Avoiding relapses
It's not unusual to have relapses of kleptomania. To help avoid relapses, be sure to stick to your treatment plan. If you feel urges to steal, contact your mental health provider or reach out to a trusted support group. If you're on probation, you may also consider touching base with a trusted and compassionate probation officer.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_get_help_for_a_kleptomaniac

i][/b]

1 Like

Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 10, 2011
Natasha,,:

Kleptomania is a disease and its curable The best way to help a kleptomaniac is to make sure they seek treatment from a psychiatrist, this is what your friend should do

he didnt even know what is kleptomania till i explain it to him(after telling me that she comfess atimes).anyway i havent thnk of that. may be he should try it but will she believe she suffers that.

and i use to hear kind of rumour in my secondary school that one of the english queen suffered from the disease? how true is that?
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by upendo98(f): 8:24pm On Jun 10, 2011
@ toaskarity.I meant the lady together with her dude ie if they go ahead and get married and she doenst stop this BVH.What would you feel as a guy when everytime you visit smbody's house the cops track you down cz of your gal Its the worst embarrasment.Mob justice could be metted out on her on the streets like the case of that taxi. She needs to stop be4 they wed really
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 10, 2011
upendo 98:

@ toaskarity.I meant the lady together with her dude ie if they go ahead and get married and she doenst stop this BVH.What would you feel as a guy when everytime you visit smbody's house the cops track you down cz of your gal Its the worst embarrasment.Mob justice could be metted out on her on the streets like the case of that taxi. She needs to stop be4 they wed really
I unow understand. this is a disease which natasha says it can be cured(not sure).ok lets say that she is your sister(god forb) will u just chase her out of ur life for that? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by upendo98(f): 8:45pm On Jun 10, 2011
I will beat the hell out of her!!!!! grin.But see that is hard to decide cz as natasha said its a psycho disease which I prefer to call the sin of stealing. How did she start this habit and when? those are things tht pychiatrists dig out first then they deal not with the manifestation but the root cause. I really feel sorry for the dude. Nice guy bad lady. That 'not inviting you' was meant to make you feel how disgusting that habit is.Nobody wants a thief in their house.
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by lordkrato(m): 8:47pm On Jun 10, 2011
kleptomania or kleptomaniac?
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by ginky: 11:31pm On Jun 10, 2011
Woah!!! shocked this is a very big problem.
                 I feel that the problem your friend Ikenna is facing is something that can be solved but would take time. First of all, he should start talking to her about it. This his silent nature is not helping matters atall.
                 If the girl is actually willing to change, then, the 2 of them should seriously pray about it and can even involve a good pastor. This habit is not a minor one atall. There are many rich people that have this problem. There was a queen( I have forgotten her name) who stole alot, it got to a point that her bodyguards had to be carrying money around with them so as to replace the moneys worth of the item stolen no matter how small.

She must be willing to change
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by Nobody: 4:42am On Jun 11, 2011
upendo 98:

I will beat the hell out of her!!!!! grin.But see that is hard to decide cz as natasha said its a psycho disease which I prefer to call the sin of stealing. How did she start this habit and when? those are things tht pychiatrists dig out first then they deal not with the manifestation but the root cause. I really feel sorry for the dude. Nice guy bad lady. That 'not inviting you' was meant to make you feel how disgusting that habit is.Nobody wants a thief in their house.
beating cant help maybe God or a psychiatrist,
@bold, yes nobody wants that but are we even hollier than thieves lipsrsealed
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by Nobody: 4:44am On Jun 11, 2011
lord krato:

kleptomania or kleptomaniac?
thanks prof wink i will try and consult my dictionary next time.
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by Nobody: 4:47am On Jun 11, 2011
ginky:

Woah!!! shocked this is a very big problem.
I feel that the problem your friend Ikenna is facing is something that can be solved but would take time. First of all, he should start talking to her about it. This his silent nature is not helping matters atall.
If the girl is actually willing to change, then, the 2 of them should seriously pray about it and can even involve a good pastor. This habit is not a minor one atall. There are many rich people that have this problem. There was a queen( I have forgotten her name) who stole alot, it got to a point that her bodyguards had to be carrying money around with them so as to replace the moneys worth of the item stolen no matter how small.

She must be willing to change
yes i heard the story too about the queen(not sure if its true).
yes i pray that the problem can be solved!
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by upendo98(f): 8:51am On Jun 11, 2011
@ toaskarity. Always read btwn the lines. Dont interpret literaly. Now hw do u go about beating a habit of of somebody? impossible and thts why the smiley is there.
And no we arent hollier infact we are worse.really. I just meant you will fear inviting a 'known thief' into ur house. u get wht i mean. Infact your eyes will all the time be on her cz you 'already know' her habit.Which is not very comfortable at all.
Seriously she needs both God and Psychiatrist plus a small kick in the butt for embarrasing the guy in public.(now I dnt really mean that)
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by emiye(m): 10:10pm On Jun 11, 2011
The girl needs to go through a PAIN theraphy, i.e she associates massive pain to stealing.

She might continually picture mob beating her , and tyre being thrown around her neck for onward ,

A spiritual approach need to be taken to.
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by upendo98(f): 10:22pm On Jun 11, 2011
grin grin grin @ emiye. grin grin grin
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by adconline(m): 10:38pm On Jun 11, 2011

Everything is supposed to be treated by a psychiatrist? Just take kleptomaniac to deserts in Northern Naija, Sudan and Afghanistan where there is nothing but dry hot air to steal and it will be cured instantly!
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by Dyt(f): 10:40pm On Jun 11, 2011
Toaskarity:

hello dyt. how are you? i hope you arent angry about what happen in our last thread. wink wink
pls i dnt understand your post? u mean God made her a thief shocked
Its ok
Nl s jst 4 fun
i meant may God deliver us frm d world of many diseases*cureable n uncureable*
Re: His Girlfriend Is A Kleptomaniac! by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 11, 2011
adconline:

Everything is supposed to be treated by a psychiatrist? Just take kleptomaniac to deserts in Northern Naija, Sudan and Afghanistan where there is nothing but dry hot air to steal and it will be cure instantly!

you really wicked shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am In Need Of A Man Who Will Compliment Me / I No Fit Shout (18+pic) / This Lady Said She Would Only Be Disvirgined By Her Husband. {pics}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.