Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

The Tripartite Being - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tripartite Being (1034 Views)

The Tripartite Impersonations Of The End-time False Prophets / Spirit, Soul and Body: Man's Tripartite Nature Explained with Robot Concept (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tripartite Being by Omotakins(m): 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2021
Genesis 2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Like it's always said that man is a tripartite entity that is made up of the body, spirit and soul. From the quoted verse above, all the three manifested when God created man. God formed man from the dust of the ground which is the body(flesh) that is inhabited by both soul and spirit. The body is of the earth, it returns to earth at death. Genesis 3:19, 'In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return'.

The breath of life God breathed into man through man's nostrils is the spirit. At death, the spirit(God's breath in man) returns to God because it is from Him. Since it is of the Lord and is a spirit, it can only be nurtured with godly inspired spiritual exercises like studying the bible, worship, praises, prayers, living holy and many more. However, irrespective of the way you treat your spirit man, it is of the Lord and it goes back to him. The body dies when the spirit no longer inhabits it. Psalms 104:29, thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust. Also, a look at Eccl. 12:7 will give further credence. It says, 'then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it'.

The last part of Gen. 2:7 speaks about man becoming a living soul after God formed him from dust and breathed into him the breath of life. The real man is the soul who dwells in a flesh as body and sustained by the breath of life from God(spirit). It is the soul that stands before the judgment seat of the Lord to receive judgment as regards the choice it made while on earth. It was with this understanding that Apostle Peter implored all believers, as strangers and pilgrims on the earth, to abstain from all fleshly lusts that war against the soul(1 Peter 2:11) because He knew that was what will be judged on the last day. It was the soul of the foolish, rich man God required to be judged( Luke 12:19-20)

The important question we all need to ask ourselves is what becomes of my soul(me) after my sojourn here on earth for it is given unto man to die once and to receive judgment thereafter. Will the judgment I'll receive on the last day be unto eternal life or eternal damnation? The choice is yours!

Jesus said, 'what shall it profit a man to gain the entire world and lose his soul? What can you substitute for your soul? As opulent (by the standard of the world) as Warren Buffet, Bill Gates and many more are, it will still be impossible for them to gain the entire world. If they can't, can you? And you want to lose your soul over what you can't gain!!! Yet, the bible says even if you gained the whole world but lose your soul, it will be an irrecoverable loss of a monumental proportion.

Genesis 6:3
'And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years'. If by His grace(which some don't like to acknowledge) you live above 120 years, can that still be compared to eternity. Your lifetime here on earth is like a drop of water compared to an ocean. JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY OUT OF ETERNITY IN HELL AND DAMNATION. He said it and so it is. No other way! There may be a way that seems right unto man, but the end there of are the ways of death(Proverbs 16:25).

One of the utterances of man that baffle me is when we say 'it is my life; I own it' or 'I can do whatever I want with my life'. Yes, you may be able to do whatever you want with your life, but it is not your own. Can you tell me your role in your existence or the part you played in being human? What you own, you are not supposed to give an account of it, but the word of God (as contained in the bible) said you will give account to the Lord of whatever you do in your body (Romans 14:12,1 Peter 4:4-5, 2 Corinthians 5:10). He continually calls you unto repentance according to His grace that is available now. He calls you; He always does. But, for how long? Shalom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Tripartite Being by Ammishaddai: 4:29pm On Nov 28, 2021
Nice

1 Like

Re: The Tripartite Being by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
Omotakins:
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Like it's always said that man is a tripartite entity that is made up of the body, spirit and soul. From the quoted verse above, all the three manifested when God created man. God formed man from the dust of the ground which is the body(flesh) that is inhabited by both soul and spirit. The body is of the earth, it returns to earth at death. Genesis 3:19, 'In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return'.

The breath of life God breathed into man through man's nostrils is the spirit. At death, the spirit(God's breath in man) returns to God because it is from Him. Since it is of the Lord and is a spirit, it can only be nurtured with godly inspired spiritual exercises like studying the bible, worship, praises, prayers, living holy and many more. However, irrespective of the way you treat your spirit man, it is of the Lord and it goes back to him. The body dies when the spirit no longer inhabits it. Psalms 104:29, thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust. Also, a look at Eccl. 12:7 will give further credence. It says, 'then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it'.
God breathed the same breath of life into all creatures He created, so are you saying therefore that all creatures - snakes, snails, hares, turtles, bats, fishes - have to pray, worship, praises, etc., too? undecided

Abeg, can we please dispense with the lies for Pete's sake? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Tripartite Being by Omotakins(m): 5:46pm On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God breathed the same breath of life into all creatures He created, so are you saying therefore that all creatures - snakes, snails, hares, turtles, bats, fishes - have to pray, worship, praises, etc., too? undecided

In all honesty, I really would have loved to point you in some direction, but I've come to understand it's inherently you to unwisely and quickly speak against what you lack the knowledge of despite your claim of astuteness. This is the last of my response to you or your cohorts. shalom
Re: The Tripartite Being by Kobojunkie: 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2021
Omotakins:
In all honesty, I really would have loved to point you in some direction, but I've come to understand it's inherently you to unwisely and quickly speak against what you lack the knowledge of despite your claim of astuteness. This is the last of my response to you or your cohorts. shalom
Again, God breathed the same breath of life into all creatures He created, so are you saying therefore that all creatures - snakes, snails, hares, turtles, bats, fishes - have to pray, worship, praises, etc., too? undecided

If you had understanding of these thingd, you would know that you don't add your own ideas where the things of God are concerned. undecided

Re: The Tripartite Being by Ammishaddai: 6:03pm On Nov 28, 2021
Omotakins:
Forget about that guy, he's a confused JW who is very contradictory to everything but himself

2 Likes

Re: The Tripartite Being by haddeylium(m): 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Forget about that guy, he's a confused JW who is very contradictory to everything but himself

He's not a JW ahbeg.
He's your trinitarian brother in the lord. Show him love cheesy
Re: The Tripartite Being by Ammishaddai: 8:09pm On Nov 28, 2021
[s]
haddeylium:

He's not a JW ahbeg.
He's your trinitarian brother in the lord. Show him love cheesy
[/s] Don't deny your brother, because he too believes that angel Michael is Jesus grin

1 Like

Re: The Tripartite Being by NNTR: 8:11pm On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and man became a living soul.

Put your money where your mouth.
Please bible citations, as similar to Genesis 2:7 above, are needed on your claims given that God breathed the same breath of life into all creatures He created

Omotakins:
You just knew that?

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

1 Like

Re: The Tripartite Being by Kobojunkie: 8:15pm On Nov 28, 2021
NNTR:
Put your money where your mouth.
Please bible citations needed on claims given that God breathed the same breath of life into all creatures He created
Genesis 7 vs 15 undecided
Re: The Tripartite Being by NNTR: 8:24pm On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Genesis 7 vs 15 undecided
Genesis 1:27
Then God said,
Let Us (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) make man in Our image, according to Our likeness
[not physical, but a spiritual personality and moral likeness];
and let them have complete authority over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the cattle,
and over the entire earth, and over everything that creeps and crawls on the earth.”

Good!
Next, do you see that the reason why all creatures - snakes, snails, hares, turtles, bats, fishes cant love God, cant pray, worship, praise, etc, dont have the capacity to love God, dont have the know how to pray, worship, praises, etc? Do you see how this is a something exclusive to only human being alone, made in image of the Godhead, according to likeness of the Godhead?

Also what lies and where exactly for Pete's sake, in Omotakins post do you please want dispensed with?

1 Like

Re: The Tripartite Being by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Nov 28, 2021
NNTR:
Genesis 1:27
Then God said,
Let Us (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) make man in Our image, according to Our likeness
[not physical, but a spiritual personality and moral likeness];
and let them have complete authority over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the cattle,
and over the entire earth, and over everything that creeps and crawls on the earth.”

Good!
Next, do you see that the reason why all creatures - snakes, snails, hares, turtles, bats, fishes cant love God, cant pray, worship, praise, etc, dont have the capacity to love God, dont have the know how to pray, worship, praises, etc? Do you see how this is a something exclusive to only human being alone, made in image of the Godhead, according to likeness of the Godhead?

Also what lies and where exactly for Pete's sake, in Omotakins post do you please want dispensed with?
You are not making any sense at all. undecided

Man was created a physical being from the clay of the earth and the only additional element added was the breathe of God, the same breath of God we are told God also put into animals. So what are you attempting to wrangle up here now?, undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Tripartite Being by haddeylium(m): 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Don't deny your brother, because he too believes that angel Michael is Jesus grin

They're many trinitarians that have the same belief. It's not exclusive to JW.
Seventh day Adventist, Some celestial churches as a whole also have this belief and they're your trinitarians Brothers.
So, embrace him cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Tripartite Being by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Don't deny your brother, because he too believes that angel Michael is Jesus grin
How does lying put you in a better place with your God? undecided
Re: The Tripartite Being by Ammishaddai: 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2021
[s]
Kobojunkie:
[/s] Oga, I don't have time for your selective amnesia.
Re: The Tripartite Being by Ammishaddai: 8:59pm On Nov 28, 2021
haddeylium:

They're many trinitarians that have the same belief. It's not exclusive to JW.
Seventh day Adventist, Some celestial churches as a whole also have this belief and they're your trinitarians Brothers.
So, embrace him cheesy
Bros, I never denied I'm a trinitarian . And I'm proud to say Jesus is my God . Unlike you who claims that angel Michael is your Jesus. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Tripartite Being by Kobojunkie: 8:59pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] Oga, I don't have time for your selective amnesia.
Oh, another lie..back to back ! undecided
Re: The Tripartite Being by Ammishaddai: 9:00pm On Nov 28, 2021
[s]
Kobojunkie:
Oh, another lie..back to back ! undecided
[/s]Selective Amnesia is not a way to prove your innocence cheesy
Re: The Tripartite Being by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s]Selective Amnesia is not a way to prove your innocence cheesy
Kobojunkie:
Re: The Tripartite Being by Ammishaddai: 9:02pm On Nov 28, 2021
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=108041824][/quote] Selective Amnesia is a powerful tool with you. Try again brogrin
Re: The Tripartite Being by NNTR: 9:15pm On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are not making any sense at all. undecided

Man was created a physical being from the clay of the earth and the only additional element added was the breathe of God, the same breath of God we are told He also put into animals. So what are you attempting to wrangle up here now?, undecided
Ezekiel 18:20a
The soul that sinneth, it shall die:...

After moulding the body of man, read Genesis 2:7 to see that it was after when God breathed into the man's nostrils, the breath of life, also known as ruach or spirit, that man became a living soul.

What you won't ever be able unwriggle from nor understand, is that, man is tripartite, and hence is distinct from all the rest of creation, including the animals, just like the - snakes, snails, hares, turtles, bats, fishes etc you mentioned, in that, it is only man who is made in the image of the Godhead and according to likeness of the Godhead

Also, it is the soul of man/woman, that will give an account of him/herself to God. It is not the animals, just like the - snakes, snails, hares, turtles, bats, fishes etc you mentioned, that will give an account of him/herself to God because it was not animals who committed sin from eating of the forbidden fruit.

Re: The Tripartite Being by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On Nov 28, 2021
NNTR:
Ezekiel 18:20a
The soul that sinneth, it shall die:...
And what does it mean for a soul to die? Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22 where God declared that from dust man(mind, body and soul) was made and to dust man(mind, body and soul) will return. undecided

Recall that no afterlife/eternal life was given man from birth so the end of man is truly the grave in that case. undecided

See, the same God who made the declaration in Genesis is the same who made this amendment to His Old Covenant decree which you quote from in Ezekiel 18. God didn't change His mind or what He said previously on death. undecided
Re: The Tripartite Being by NNTR: 10:01pm On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
And what does it mean for a soul to die? Genesis 3 vs 19 - 22 where God declared that from dust man(mind, body and soul) was made and to dust man (mind, body and soul) will return. undecided
3 John 1:2
Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.

When a person dies, the body returns to dust, the spirit also known as ruach or breadth returns to God, then last but not least, the soul, goes to a holding place which either could the rich man side of Sheol or the the Lazarus side of Sheol otherwise known as Abraham's bosom, long since upgraded and already known as paradise

Since you want to use 'mind, body and soul' then please answer the following questions about mind, body and soul then

What is mind and list what are its faculties?
What is body and list what are its faculties?
What is soul and list what are its faculties?

After death what happens to the mind and where does it end?
After death what happens to the body and where does it end?
After death what happens to the soul and where does it end?

Kobojunkie:
Recall that no afterlife/eternal life was given man from birth so the end of man is truly the grave in that case. undecided
Hebrews 9:27
And just as it is appointed and destined for all men to die once
and after this [comes certain] judgment,

Revelation 20:13-15
13The sea gave up its dead, and death and the grave gave up their dead. And all were judged according to their deeds.
14Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death.
15And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Matthew 25:41,46
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand,
Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: …

Yeah thats right, the end of man from after the grave is Matthew 25:41,46 everlasting fire

Kobojunkie:
See, the same God who made the declaration in Genesis is the same who made this amendment to His Old Covenant decree which you quote from in Ezekiel 18. God didn't change His mind or what He said previously on death. undecided
John 3:16-21
16“For this is how God loved the world:
He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.
17God sent His Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through Him.
18“There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him.
But anyone who does not believe in Him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son.
19And the judgment is based on this fact:
God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil.
20All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed.
21But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants

It often said that, the Old Testament is the New Testament concealed, while the New Testament is the Old Testament revealed.

How many deaths are possible? Number and list them

1 Like

Re: The Tripartite Being by Kobojunkie: 10:12pm On Nov 28, 2021
NNTR:
3 John 1:2
Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.

When a person dies, the body returns to dust, the spirit also known as ruach or breadth returns to God, then last but not least, the soul, goes to a holding place which either could the rich man side of Sheol or the the Lazarus side of Sheol otherwise known as Abraham's bosom, long since upgraded and already known as paradise

Since you want to use 'mind, body and soul' then please answer the following questions about mind, body and soul then

What is mind and list what are its faculties?
What is body and list what are its faculties?
What is soul and list what are its faculties?

After death what happens to the mind and where does it end?
After death what happens to the body and where does it end?
After death what happens to the soul and where does it end?

Hebrews 9:27
And just as it is appointed and destined for all men to die once
and after this [comes certain] judgment,

Revelation 20:13-15
13The sea gave up its dead, and death and the grave gave up their dead. And all were judged according to their deeds.
14Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death.
15And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Matthew 25:41,46
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand,
Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: …

Yeah thats right, the end of man from after the grave is Matthew 25:41,46 everlasting fire

John 3:16-21
16“For this is how God loved the world:
He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.
17God sent His Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through Him.
18“There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him.
But anyone who does not believe in Him has already been judged for not believing in God’s one and only Son.
19And the judgment is based on this fact:
God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil.
20All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed.
21But those who do what is right come to the light so others can see that they are doing what God wants

It often said that, the Old Testament is the New Testament concealed, while the New Testament is the Old Testament revealed.
Do you understand why in John 3 vs 16 - 21, Jesus Christ declared that He came to save men from perishing in the grave -Death - to gift those who believe in Him with eternal life in place of this Death? undecided
Re: The Tripartite Being by NNTR: 10:18pm On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
[s]Do you understand why in John 3 vs 16 - 21, Jesus Christ declared that He came to save men from perishing in the grave -Death - to gift those who believe in Him with eternal life in place of this Death? undecided[/s]
Stop dodging and trying to escape giving answers to all the questions asked you up there.

If not God, who do you think Jesus is?
Do you have an inkling what judgment is?
What it means and implies?

Re: The Tripartite Being by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Nov 28, 2021
NNTR:
Stop dodging and trying to escape giving answers to all the questions asked you up there.
Do you have an inkling what judgment is?
What it means and implies?
Again, Do you understand why in John 3 vs 16 - 21, Jesus Christ declared that He came to save men from perishing in the grave -Death - to gift those who believe in Him with eternal life in place of this Death? undecided

The problem is you don't understand that there is even a context to the topic which you dove , seemingly, blindly into. undecided
Re: The Tripartite Being by Janosky: 10:23pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Bros, I never denied I'm a trinitarian . And I'm proud to say Jesus is my God . Unlike you who claims that angel Michael is your Jesus. grin
Daniel 10:13
1599 Geneva Bible
13 But the [a]prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but lo, [b]Michael one of the chief princes, came to help me, and I remained there by the Kings of Persia."

Footnotes
[b] Daniel 10:13 Though God could by one Angel destroy all the world, yet to assure his children of his love, he sendeth forth double power, even Michael, that is, Christ Jesus the head of Angels
"

Ammishaddai , the screenshots and the Bible of your fellow Trinitarian devotees proven you are DECEIVING yourself.
The Bible truth is bitter grin grin

Re: The Tripartite Being by NNTR: 10:27pm On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
[s] Again, Do you understand why in John 3 vs 16 - 21, Jesus Christ declared that He came to save men from perishing in the grave -Death - to gift those who believe in Him with eternal life in place of this Death? undecided

The problem you don't understand that there is even a context to the topic which you dove , seemingly, blindly jnto. undecided[/s]
You've from the very start have been strawmanning. It is because of your strawmanning that you are frightened of giving replies to each and all the questions thrown at you. You know the wind will blow and not spare your blushes

Re: The Tripartite Being by Ammishaddai: 10:28pm On Nov 28, 2021
Janosky:

Daniel 10:13-15
1599 Geneva Bible
13 But the [a]prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but lo, [b]Michael one of the chief princes, came to help me, and I remained there by the Kings of Persia."

Footnotes

[b] Daniel 10:13 Though God could by one Angel destroy all the world, yet to assure his children of his love, he sendeth forth double power, even Michael, that is, Christ Jesus the head of Angels
"

Ammishaddai , the screenshots and the Bible of your fellow Trinitarian devotees proven you are DECEIVING yourself.
The Bible truth is bitter grin grin
Why would I be following a bible commentary that anybody smoking igbo can do ? The bible speaks for itself and it says Jesus is God reveal in the flesh (1 Timothy 3:16) . Anyone(or commentator) who doesn't like that part should tear it out of his bible . Simple cheesy
Re: The Tripartite Being by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
NNTR:
You've from the very start have been strawmanning. It is because of your strawmanning that you are frightened of giving replies to each and all the questions thrown at you. You know the wind will blow and not spare your blushes
Again, Do you understand why in John 3 vs 16 - 21, Jesus Christ declared that He came to save men from perishing in the grave -Death - to gift those who believe in Him with eternal life in place of this Death? undecided

The problem is you don't understand that there is even a context to the topic which you dove , seemingly, blindly into. undecided
Re: The Tripartite Being by Janosky: 10:35pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Why would I be following a bible commentary that anybody smoking igbo can do ? The bible speaks for itself and it says Jesus is God reveal in the flesh (1 Timothy 3:16) . Anyone(or commentator) who doesn't like that part should tear it out of his bible . Simple cheesy
You have seen the evidence in the Geneva Bible, continue DECEIVING yourself.

Genesis 16:7 Amplified Bible, go there & also confirm.

Let me further burst your bubble.
1 Timothy 3:16 Theo's ("God) is NOT in the Bible manuscript, your fellow Trinitarian devotees added that FRAUD DECEIVING you.
Go to Bill Mounce Greek interlinear of 1 Timothy 3:16 & cure your delusion.

grin grin cheesy
Re: The Tripartite Being by Ammishaddai: 10:38pm On Nov 28, 2021
Janosky:

You have seen the evidence in the Geneva Bible, continue DECEIVING yourself.

Genesis 16:7 Amplified Bible, go there & also confirm.
grin grin cheesy
Oga, I use King James because that's the only bible I recognize as truth . All those Mango and Guava bible you claim have be tampered with by moròns like Charles Russell Taze , and I don't want to be infected with his confusion and part-time stupidity grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Low Christianity Has Fallen / Read This ! / Suicide Bombing According To The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.