Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? (2962 Views)

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Plates In Holland / 60 Years: Are We Really For Nigeria? / Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by Biodun556(m): 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2021
Going to eatery, I have seen people eating 10,000 plate of food even more. But when an international organization or Nigerian government release positive data on Nigerian economy, we quickly reject it.

But looking at some of our luxurious life style, it sometimes support some positive data about our economy.

3 Likes

Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by Biodun556(m): 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2021
Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by vanbonattel: 9:41pm On Nov 28, 2021
Op, see as your opinion is disposed in the green plastic container

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by vanbonattel: 9:43pm On Nov 28, 2021
Biodun556:

An average buharri supporter is a sadist. They wake up in the morning and are surprised that people in the south are still driving cars. This is so b annoying to them. Another thing that saddens zombies is seeing people building new houses in lekki, are they mad?

They CLOSED THE Border To Ensure That Everyone suffers, But When They Saw That People Are Still ma I ING money, they crashed the value of the naira.

Raising fuel prices and other commodities while allowing the infrastructure to decay is a plan to impoverish more people.

Wait, by next year, they will raise fuel prices in the name of stopping subsidy just to see how many people will die.

An average zombie is always envious, jealous and looking for who to kill or silence. That's the reason for all the terrorism happening across the country.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by Biodun556(m): 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2021
vanbonattel:
Op, see as your opinion is disposed in the green plastic container
grin
Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by Rollsnjaguar(m): 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2021
Biodun556:
Going to eatery, I have seen people eating 10,000 plate of food even more. But when an international organization or Nigerian government release positive data on Nigerian economy, we quickly reject it.

But looking at some of our luxurious life style, it sometimes support some positive data about our economy.

So out of 200 millions Nigerians, can you give percentage of those who can afford 10,000 or 20,000 plate of food in an eatery.

8 Likes

Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by Biodun556(m): 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2021
Rollsnjaguar:

So out of 200 millions Nigerians, can you give percentage of those who can afford 10,000 or 20,000 plate of food in an eatery.

But we can count the numbers of eateries we have in a town or city. For instance we have eateries and shopping mall in every parts of Lagos and we see crowd there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2021
In Nigeria, i Think 5% can afford to spend that much on a meal. But that same 20k ajepako go enter market buy foodstuffs wey go last 2 months.

2 Likes

Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by Biodun556(m): 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ninety6:
In Nigeria, i Think 5% can afford to spend that much on a meal. But that same 20k ajepako go enter market buy foodstuffs wey go last 2 months.

I think it is more than 5%, let's say 10% and that represents 20million that's a population of a country

1 Like

Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by Rollsnjaguar(m): 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2021
Biodun556:

But we can count the numbers of eateries we have in a town or city. For instance we have eateries and shopping mall in every parts of Lagos and we see crowd there.

So you are using Lagos to determine what happens all over Nigeria. Have you been to Adamawa, Katsina, Gombe.
Is the situation same everywhere.

7 Likes

Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:01pm On Nov 28, 2021
So you avoided people that go to bukas and roadside mama put to eat #500 meals or less,

4 Likes

Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by Biodun556(m): 10:01pm On Nov 28, 2021
Rollsnjaguar:

So you are using Lagos to determine what happens all over Nigeria. Have you been to Adamawa, Katsina, Gombe.
Is the situation same everywhere.

Yes, Lagos is a perfect example because it is Nigeria most populated city and most Nigerian families have representatives in Lagos.
Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by Biodun556(m): 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2021
StaffofOrayan:
So you avoided people that go to bukas and roadside mama put to eat #500 meals or less,

Eating 500 naira meal shows you are not poor

Rice 200, beans 100, meats 100, bottle water 100.

3 Likes

Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by Rollsnjaguar(m): 10:12pm On Nov 28, 2021
Biodun556:

Yes, Lagos is a perfect example because it is Nigeria most populated city and most Nigerian families have representatives in Lagos.

This where government get it very wrong. This was how a President said because some people can afford a bottle of beer, it means everyone can afford to buy petrol at N350/litre.
Go to rural areas, like villages before making your conclusion on the populace. Most of you living in the cities don't know how people are suffering in the remote villages.
Because you feel every part of Nigeria is like Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:46pm On Nov 28, 2021
Biodun556:

How many hours would that hold you for?

2 Likes

Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by illicit(m): 10:50pm On Nov 28, 2021
Biodun556:

There is nothing like "meats 100 naira" anymore sir

One tiny meat at mama put is 100 naira now

3 Likes

Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by poiZon: 11:50pm On Nov 28, 2021
Biodun556:

U r trying to implicate buhari n his humanitarian minister for having recorda of poorest of poor nigerians and also paying them monthly stipends. Maybe they cooked those names and siphon the monies to their private accounts.

Also which poor 40million people r they planning to pay 5k once they remove subsidy?

Are they chadians or nigeriens?
Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by Arda1000(m): 12:58am On Nov 29, 2021
Biodun[b][/b] my head slamming brother your zombinizim is getting the better of you grin
Imagine the nonsense topic you came up with chai.

2 Likes

Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by juniorstar(m): 2:01am On Nov 29, 2021
vanbonattel:

An average buharri supporter is a sadist. They wake up in the morning and are surprised that people in the south are still driving cars. This is so b annoying to them. Another thing that saddens zombies is seeing people building new houses in lekki, are they mad?

They CLOSED THE Border To Ensure That Everyone suffers, But When They Saw That People Are Still ma I ING money, they crashed the value of the naira.

Raising fuel prices and other commodities while allowing the infrastructure to decay is a plan to impoverish more people.

Wait, by next year, they will raise fuel prices in the name of stopping subsidy just to see how many people will die.

An average zombie is always envious, jealous and looking for who to kill or silence. That's the reason for all the terrorism happening across the country.
This is biased..its like living in a 6 acres palatial mansion all your life without stepping out and thinking everyone is living like you.
Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by Biodun556(m): 2:05am On Nov 29, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

How many hours would that hold you for?

That should be enough for average Nigerians
Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by obyrich(m): 5:55am On Nov 29, 2021
vanbonattel:

Very apt description if their mindset.

2 Likes

Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by Bestie01(f): 5:57am On Nov 29, 2021
Was expecting to see strong economic points from the o.p but alas,saw weak, generalized, non economic,baseless facts.
Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by BeardedmeatR(m): 5:58am On Nov 29, 2021
Biodun556:

Rest nau haba! Many have been zombies before you remember?

5 Likes

Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by BeardedmeatR(m): 5:59am On Nov 29, 2021
Bestie01:
Was expecting to see strong economic points from the o.p but alas,saw weak, generalized, non economic,baseless facts.
You were expecting what from an Almajiri?
Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by Bantu10: 7:07am On Nov 29, 2021
Biodun556:

As a Buhari zombie, if u try it with ur 30k per month salary, then u re eating about 1/3 of ur wage in a sitting.
Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by Tokskob2008: 7:07am On Nov 29, 2021
I still don't get the essence of this post honestly. It's like the op will only be happy when he starts seeing hungry dead bodies all littered on the roads before he say there's poverty in the country.. Smh
Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by malel1: 7:12am On Nov 29, 2021
Biodun556:

That should be enough for average Nigerians

I read ur comments , u are a sadist .

1 Like

Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by Gadafii: 7:51am On Nov 29, 2021
This buharist deserves to be eating dry lemon or elephant grass daily, Malu

So because some people dey eat 10k food for restaurant, that means the rest of the population is living fine.

I am not a statistician, but the percentage of nigerians that can afford 10k food in a restaurant inside this buhari regime is not up to %20 of the entire population, so what nonsense are you saying
Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by Restroom: 8:08am On Nov 29, 2021
In Nigeria, we HV to the rich and the poor.

No middle class

The poor are about 95% of the population.

Among the rich,there are two groups.
Those with genuine money and those with I'll gotten money.

Only a few genuinely rich persons will blow 20k on fast food at one sitting.

But among those with shaddy money, they can even repeat it three times a day
Or book hotel suits and 2 years in advance.

All of these don't mean,the economy is good.

It simply means ,the level of inequality is very high in this zoogeria......and mind you, a typical Nigerian with shaddy money like to showcase themselves in places like fast-food joint,to draw your attention to his person

So, think straight.

Next time don't admire such people and conclude trash. Else, dustbin is waiting for your trash opinion.

1 Like

Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by helinues: 8:18am On Nov 29, 2021
Tbh that depends on your pockets oo. Not really a fan of eating outside but on casual, I could

All depends on how pocket gara.
Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by ComputerOperato: 8:21am On Nov 29, 2021
Biodun556:

I'm ashamed and deeply troubled with this your way of reasoning.

Look, people are SUFFERING!
Imagine a family of four with nothing to eat and they have to send one of their children to ask if there's ANYTHING I can spare because there's nothing at home.

This is not an isolated case. There are other instances. And these are personal experiences no be say Dem say.

Leave your comfort zone and go out. Carry out a survey and the scales will fall from your eyes.

2 Likes

Re: 10,000, 20,000 Plates Of Food In Eatery, Are We Really Poor In Nigeria? by mrvitalis(m): 8:29am On Nov 29, 2021
Biodun556:

If 2 million out of 200 million can afford that then it's poor

How would u Know our educational system is very poor so I don't blame you

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why is everybody doing free advert for Peter Obi - PHOTOS / What Language Is Most Spoken In Southern Nigeria After English & Pidgin Language / INEC Plotting To Disenfranchise New Voters In Edo - Coalition Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.