Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Here Again The Bible Is Wrong! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Here Again The Bible Is Wrong! (463 Views)

The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. / Which Version Of The Christian Bible Is The Best? / If The Bible Is A Fairy-Tale, Then Why Is It Banned In At Least 52 Countries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Here Again The Bible Is Wrong! by AntiChristian: 1:16pm On Nov 29, 2021
Why do we have many Languages?

Bible says in Genesis 11:1-7
1 Now the whole world had one language and a common speech. 2 As men moved eastward, they found a plain in Shinar and settled there.
3 They said to each other, "Come, let's make bricks and bake them thoroughly." They used brick instead of stone, and tar for mortar. 4 Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the face of the whole earth."
5 But the LORD came down to see the city and the tower that the men were building. 6 The LORD said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

Allah says in Surah 30:22
And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the difference of your languages and colours. Lo! herein indeed are portents for men of knowledge.

According to the Bible, the difference in languages was a plot from God who felt jealous and afraid when He saw men speaking the same language.

Allah says in the Quran that the difference in languages is a miracle, and not a curse. Allah does not plot jealously against humans. All humans cannot do anything against the will of Allah and can neither harm nor benefit Almighty Allah whether they speak one language or not.

Leverage2021 BePrepared emmnprince Damzy101 TenQ OKEMKPI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong! by peggywebbs(f): 8:14pm On Nov 29, 2021
@antichristian....my Christian friend in disguise. I hope you know that the scripture you quoted is very robust with hidden truths. Funny enough this came up just last week when I was having a conversation with my mom about it. I said that when you read that scripture literally, it makes no sense. However, when you look deeper and take yourself into the era of the bible, you begin to understand certain truths.

I always say that the Bible is a living word. When you read it, you are taking a look into history so I much prefer to relive the event. I imagine myself in the picture with those people especially during the early times of the world and see things through their eyes.

Now to the issue. Imagine I have a plan to go right up to heaven today and luckily we all speak the same language at least we have a population that can get the work started in English. However, if I build, I can only get to a certain height before I defy the laws of gravity. So since I know now that when I delve upwards, I will be met with beautiful space, I know for certain that I would lose oxygen when I get to a certain height...well that plan won't work. So that takes me to the time of Babylon. These people were not stupid, they knew about astrology, they knew about the constellations, the solar system or luminaries.

Which takes me to another thought. They certainly were not just going to be working with bricks. If you remember at that age which still keeps us within the book of Genesis.. there were fallen angels on the earth, their where beings of higher intelligence which we refer to in our time as aliens. So it means this was a time of enlightenment and certainly a time when people knew secrets about this world.

So it again took me to another thought...if the author of this account knew exactly how they intended to go about their plan apart from the part of bricks... don't you think we would have put the pieces together and continued where they failed? What if they were building a portal to connect the earth realm with heaven. That's the only logical way they could go about their mission. Besides, God has no reason to be afraid of us getting to heaven. The only thing is nothing impure goes there...so he had the power to prevent it and well that's what happened.

Now the logical event of what happened will remain unknown because obviously there are ways to connect to heaven and man knew this before the confusion was put to distract them.

Anyway that's my explanation of what happened.... I don't think it's a lie and if you will be honest, scientists are still looking for a way to get past the sun so they can connect with aliens and if they're lucky make a stop at heaven but they won't say that out loud.
Re: Here Again The Bible Is Wrong! by AntiChristian: 5:38am On Nov 30, 2021
peggywebbs:
@antichristian....my Christian friend in disguise. I hope you know that the scripture you quoted is very robust with hidden truths. Funny enough this came up just last week when I was having a conversation with my mom about it. I said that when you read that scripture literally, it makes no sense. However, when you look deeper and take yourself into the era of the bible, you begin to understand certain truths.

I always say that the Bible is a living word. When you read it, you are taking a look into history so I much prefer to relive the event. I imagine myself in the picture with those people especially during the early times of the world and see things through their eyes.

Now to the issue. Imagine I have a plan to go right up to heaven today and luckily we all speak the same language at least we have a population that can get the work started in English. However, if I build, I can only get to a certain height before I defy the laws of gravity. So since I know now that when I delve upwards, I will be met with beautiful space, I know for certain that I would lose oxygen when I get to a certain height...well that plan won't work. So that takes me to the time of Babylon. These people were not stupid, they knew about astrology, they knew about the constellations, the solar system or luminaries.

Which takes me to another thought. They certainly were not just going to be working with bricks. If you remember at that age which still keeps us within the book of Genesis.. there were fallen angels on the earth, their where beings of higher intelligence which we refer to in our time as aliens. So it means this was a time of enlightenment and certainly a time when people knew secrets about this world.

So it again took me to another thought...if the author of this account knew exactly how they intended to go about their plan apart from the part of bricks... don't you think we would have put the pieces together and continued where they failed? What if they were building a portal to connect the earth realm with heaven. That's the only logical way they could go about their mission. Besides, God has no reason to be afraid of us getting to heaven. The only thing is nothing impure goes there...so he had the power to prevent it and well that's what happened.

Now the logical event of what happened will remain unknown because obviously there are ways to connect to heaven and man knew this before the confusion was put to distract them.

Anyway that's my explanation of what happened.... I don't think it's a lie and if you will be honest, scientists are still looking for a way to get past the sun so they can connect with aliens and if they're lucky make a stop at heaven but they won't say that out loud.

I didn't expect anyone to defend this as it is clear as the day...

Anyways your opinions are not derived from the Bible. God can control the portal much more than doing this cos of jealousy.

And it just makes no sense!

1. The sons of men may be angels, demons or humans! The Bible didn't really defined them.

2. There's no evidence from your Bible that men even the giants were civilised to do what you are insinuating!

3. The theme of the passage still remains that God was Jealous and weary that the people would build a tower to reach heaven. In reality, no one can build a tower to reach heaven!

4. The major reason God created other languages is to confuse humans and never let them unite or do great impossible things!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Juju Challange 2022 100k For The Winner / Tithe And First Fruit Payers, I Need Your Attention Here. / Deacon Dies While Preaching Against Ritual Killings In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.