Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

My Mother In Law Doesn't Want To Let Me See My Daughter - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mother In Law Doesn't Want To Let Me See My Daughter (1864 Views)

My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House / Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother In Law Doesn't Want To Let Me See My Daughter by Witlee1: 9:22pm On Nov 29, 2021
mcdokwe:

I was advised to go this way but it will be counterproductive in my opinion, you don't need an escalated hostilities, let time pass. Besides, if you could afford to still live with the girl after dropping of the child with her grandma, nothing suggests you can't keep the child.

The reason the child was not with us for some few months now is because of my girls school clashing with the nurturing of the child so I advised for her to give the child to her mother while I send some few things to them from time to time, I have no problem with that at all
Re: My Mother In Law Doesn't Want To Let Me See My Daughter by Witlee1: 9:34pm On Nov 29, 2021
Justkatty
Re: My Mother In Law Doesn't Want To Let Me See My Daughter by Justkatty(f): 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2021
Okay
This is a very sensitive issue which may cause damage if not treated with wisdom.

1. If I should get the aim of this post, is on how you can get your child back? Right

2. When all these drama started, were you able to invite her and have a heart to heart discussion? Because I believe all these never started today.

3. How well was your relationship with her family when you guys were still in good terms?

Anyways
Let's get straight to the point

I'll advice you take things calmly for now...Do not force that child out from the mother, the reason is that I believe that child is still too small for you to take care of.
Allow that child for now
If there's anyone you can be sending something through him or her to your child, please do.
If you should start fighting now, how long do you think your strength can carry you to win?
I believe when that child comes of age, he or she will surely look for you.
Keep hustling
Keep struggling
It will pay one day.
Try focusing on yourself and do the little one you can, but if not accepted by them
Then you STOP
But please be careful.
Peace
Re: My Mother In Law Doesn't Want To Let Me See My Daughter by Saintmary(f): 10:28pm On Nov 29, 2021
Witlee1:

My intentions has always been pure, I'm igbo and there's something we call knocking on the door which I have done at least to make my intentions known but they clearly want the bride price to be paid which I don't have atm
Maybe I've lost my gf to another person like someone said plus I don't want to fight the family cuz they are the family I want to marry from

And talking about culture, I guess any Nigerian law supercedes customary law so I'm not bothered about that

It's good to see that you want to marry their daughter, next is to thread carefully.

If you can be patient, then you will get to visit your child.

But don't let anyone fool you, you're not married to the lady so no court will hand over the child to you, not even when she's older unless the lady's family cooperates with you.

So, adopt patience as your middle name or else you face front like guys typically like to do.
Re: My Mother In Law Doesn't Want To Let Me See My Daughter by Saintmary(f): 10:30pm On Nov 29, 2021
Winnerly:

Hey. There is a monicker called SATANIST that runs around on ashewo telegram claiming you guys dated and he saw your pant. Please confirm

Na wah o, what's your business with what she does with any adult?

After you confirm, you will collect plastic abi?
Re: My Mother In Law Doesn't Want To Let Me See My Daughter by Winnerly: 10:45pm On Nov 29, 2021
Saintmary:

Na wah o, what's your business with what she does with any adult?

After you confirm, you will collect plastic abi?

It

With SATANIST
Re: My Mother In Law Doesn't Want To Let Me See My Daughter by Saintmary(f): 10:46pm On Nov 29, 2021
Winnerly:

It

With SATANIST

Is the person a child?
Re: My Mother In Law Doesn't Want To Let Me See My Daughter by 1F30M4(f): 11:08pm On Nov 29, 2021
The deed has been done. I'm not here to talk about how you & your gf started dating and all that. I presume you're actively looking for ways to resolve these issues.

Here's what I'd say.. You say you've gone with your family for iku-aka-na-uzo(introduction orrr introdonkwa). I know you've been calling and sending text messages across to your gf & her mum but received stern warnings and insults instead. Why not try talking to some elders(from your family/kindred) that they may accompany to your gf's house? Let's start from there and see how it goes.

I just read that your gf's father is late, things could get really crazy there esp her siblings coming at y'all aggressively so please be prepared for that but then also know when to leave. If that doesn't broker peace between you two, just leave them be but don't stop sending money/gifts for your daughter, someone suggested through the human rights welfare team, please do. Dunno but I feel that going to their house with some relatives of yours with very well demystify things, then you'll know the next step to take. About paying your daughter a visit once in a while, I think everything will fall in place in due time, the welfare team will work it out somehow.
Re: My Mother In Law Doesn't Want To Let Me See My Daughter by Karleb(m): 11:17pm On Nov 29, 2021
By the time they need money, they'll reach out.
Re: My Mother In Law Doesn't Want To Let Me See My Daughter by Hathor5(f): 10:35am On Dec 01, 2021
Very interesting when people advise a father to ignore his own child. It's either you don't have your own kids or you are a shitty parent.

Witlee1

Do the needful and marry this girl since you want to anyway. You don't have to take care of everything by yourself. In marriage you are supposed to be partners and support each other so she will need to contribute too. Anything else is madness.

The time you lose not seeing your kid grow up can't be undone or returned. You need to be with your family, kid and mother. You can make more money but time gone is lost forever.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Tribe Where Women Raise And Marry Their Children. / Cambodian Boy Sucks Cow For A Living / Results ; Christmas Giveaway For Single Mothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.