Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House (52739 Views)

They Want Me To Marry Her Corpse, I refused / My Uncle Drove To My House To Report Me Because I Wore A Bikini–Nigerian Lady / See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Messi1: 6:00pm On Nov 17, 2022
I've always visited this my uncle at least four times a week. That is where I pass away time. His children all like me and any day I fail to come they must ask me why didn't come. I use the time i spend in his house to teach his children Mathematics and do their home work for them.

Today I was in his house, he stormed out from his room and ask if i don't help my mother at home. He yelled at me and what pain me most is that he said food is costly and they are only managing. He made me feel like i was the one finishing the food in his house. He said I should not be too frequent in his house if at all I must come.

I'm considering severing all ties to this my uncle, will that be right?

90 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Calvary247(f): 6:03pm On Nov 17, 2022
Victor learn to be moderate in everything. You may not severe all ties to this your uncle, but know how to relate with him and his family.

512 Likes 23 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by chinae(m): 6:04pm On Nov 17, 2022
Before it got to this stage, he must have been giving you signs which you refused to understand maybe because of the dish.

You allowed 'see finish' to creep-in. In any case, he isn't wrong because he gave you reasons to reduce your visits.

1: Go help your mum

2: Foods are expensive now, and really they are.

Likely intending to get another that will make next 8 years hyper miserably.

535 Likes 27 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by brain54(m): 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2022
Hey… long time. How and we’re have you been it’s been long I saw you is sweeter to hear than you come again?

Sometimes make yourself scarce to increase your value and respect.

395 Likes 23 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by VictorDivine: 6:11pm On Nov 17, 2022
Messi poison that your uncle so that you can have free access to his house.

18 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by habsydiamond(m): 6:20pm On Nov 17, 2022
Stay away for the time being... don't cut ties cos family is all we have got.. you saying away may even make him realise and apologise to you.

156 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by budaatum: 6:24pm On Nov 17, 2022
When you go 4 times a week do you always eat and bring them nothing?

If so, he's right to complain, especially if he does not see the value in the mathematics you bring for his children.

Perhaps stop eating his food and don't go so often.

337 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Richy4(m): 6:35pm On Nov 17, 2022
chinae:
Before it got to this stage, he must have been giving you signs
Thank you...Some people can't read the handwriting on the wall even when it's staring at them on their faces embarassed

187 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by ikeno(m): 6:37pm On Nov 17, 2022
oga,u sef stay ur house abi u no get house.u go dey use scoop dey finish dia food say u dey teach em children math.no teach dem again dem fit teach dem sef.

327 Likes 20 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by coputa(m): 6:43pm On Nov 17, 2022
Messi1:
I've always visited this my uncle at least four times a week..that is where i pass away time. His children all like me and any day I fail to come they must ask me why didn't come. I use the time i spend in his house to teach his children Mathematics and do their home work for them. Today I was in his house, he stormed out from his room and ask if i don't help my mother at home..he yelled at me and what pain me most is that he said food is costly and they are only managing. He made me feel like i was the one finishing the food in his house. He said I should not be too freequent in his house if at all I must come. I'm considering severing all ties to this my uncle, will that be right?
How old are you, learn how to read in between the lines in whatever you do, especially when it comes to relating with human

101 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by dawnomike(m): 6:46pm On Nov 17, 2022
That is what happens when you make yourself too available

159 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by GboyegaD(m): 6:55pm On Nov 17, 2022
Richy4:

Thank you...Some people can't read the handwriting on the wall even when it's staring at them on their faces embarassed

He is an uncle and there are better ways to put it than yell at a nephew. That was condescending on the part of the uncle.

123 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by jamesversion: 7:24pm On Nov 17, 2022
GboyegaD:

He is an uncle and there are better ways to put it than yell at a nephew. That was condescending on the part of the uncle.

Yes, this is the best comment. Your sisters son, your children's nephew. That was way too condescending.

The uncle could have discussed with his wife and she would stylishly deny him food.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by brain54(m): 7:33pm On Nov 17, 2022
jamesversion:

Yes, this is the best comment. Your sisters son, your children's nephew. That was way too condescending.

The uncle could have discussed with his wife and she would stylishly deny him food.
Sometimes being blunt is better than being subtle…

I respect blunt people. Maybe the uncle has even been subtle in approach but OP didn’t understand as someone pointed out by a previous comment.

Someone that visits 4 times weekly. Some times you need to yell!

151 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Karleb(m): 7:38pm On Nov 17, 2022
I remember when I was little and this man who lives in our street would tell me to come to his place to learn how to write essay, I remember he always buy newspaper then which I loved to read.

One day I took his stale newspaper home after asking for his permission and when I returned it, one of the papers was not with the first page.

This man, old enough to be my dad, sent for me and tongue lashed me for losing the first page of his newspaper.

Men and brethren, this happened around 2009 and it is one of the most embarrassing moments of my life till now. Since then though, I stopped visiting people's house unless I'm invited. Even my next door neighbor, unless I go to tell you something important but carrying myself to your place to chill out with you? That has been canceled in my life for over a decade.

Too Long Didn't Read: Stay put in your house.

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by GboyegaD(m): 7:51pm On Nov 17, 2022
jamesversion:

I am sure the guy wouldn't be less than 16 and to some extent, he's grown and reasonable. The uncle could even have discussion with him as a man. I have an uncle I respect till tomorrow because at some point during my teenage years when I was acting my normal teenager who is an undergrad, he had to invite me to his office so that we could have real talks. I did not cry but I did appreciate the words of advice. Did I apply everything, NO but the ones that resonated with me, really helped me in making my choices.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by jamesversion: 7:53pm On Nov 17, 2022
brain54:

Sometimes being blunt is better than being subtle…

I respect blunt people. Maybe the uncle has even been subtle in approach but OP didn’t understand as someone pointed out by a previous comment.

Someone that visits 4 times weekly. Some times you need to yell!

To the point of telling your nephew that he should stop coming to your house becos food is now expensive.

So when food becomes cheap and easily affordable then he can resume visits??

Your nephew is like your child. You can effortless stand-in for him in the absence of his parents. I think I'm getting you wrong maybe cos we don't share same culture.

In my place, we value our nephews and neices to the point where we are the only ones to dig their graves in their demise.

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by brain54(m): 8:04pm On Nov 17, 2022
jamesversion:

To the point of telling your nephew that he should stop coming to your house becos food is now expensive.

Your nephew is like your child. You can effortless stand-in for him in the absence of his parents. I think I'm getting you wrong maybe cos we don't share same culture.

In my place, we value our nephews and neices to the point where we are the only ones to dig their graves in their demise.
Pls what place is this…? I mean the digging grave…

I just feel things are a bit hard at the moment for everyone.
I don’t know what the uncle does for a living or how buoyant but I believe if he ain’t feeling the pinch he would not complain.

That’s his feeling and being blunt about it I feel is not wrong. Right or wrong I ain’t judging that now. But being open enough to say your mind is what I commend.

If you notice I quoted the person who stated the wife should be diplomatic about it…just tell the guy directly to know his stance if you don’t want him around.

But right or wrong can depend on a lot of factors which I am no here to judge now

Afterall it is he who wears the shoe that knows we’re it pinches.

14 Likes

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by brain54(m): 8:13pm On Nov 17, 2022
jamesversion:

Had to quote you twice see…!

People’s approach to issues differ. Because it’s done that way in your place don’t make another person’s approach wicked or wrong.

I am a realist…you can’t help people to the detriment of your self. My dad used to say then it is when you have two coats you can give a neighbor the spare during winter. Else na cold go kill you if you give the only one you have.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by EmahBoss(f): 8:17pm On Nov 17, 2022
With the way this op creates threads with different monikers and replies himself with his alternate handles, he surely must be a pest. How on earth will you be visiting your uncle 4 times a week and eating their food every time you were served?
For a very long time, stay away from his home, the economy now does not allow families to even pretend to love one another.....

I find your uncle hilarious and I have been laughing. I like his bluntness

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Richy4(m): 8:40pm On Nov 17, 2022
GboyegaD:

My brother being an uncle does not prevent a mean man from showcasing his character..OP totally missed the signs in my opinion

If I was to be in OP's shoes, I will never go there except on a life and death situation... I won't even drink water there again... I will take my own water bottle to avoid finishing their water during such invite..

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by GboyegaD(m): 8:44pm On Nov 17, 2022
Richy4:

My brother being an uncle does not prevent a mean man from showcasing his character..OP totally missed the signs in my opinion

If I was to be in OP's shoes, I will never go there except on a life and death situation... I won't even drink water there again... I will take my own water bottle to avoid finishing their water during such invite..

I understand your point of view but there are better ways an uncle can talk to a nephew. I once had an encounter with an uncle on something not related however, he embarrassed me in the presence of my friends. I haven't seen him since then however, we had a telephone conversation last year because the son had a baby and I had to call in on the day of christening and he was there.

Everyone should always remember every man has an ego.

30 Likes

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Richy4(m): 9:03pm On Nov 17, 2022
GboyegaD:

I understand your point of view but there are better ways an uncle can talk to a nephew. I once had an encounter with an uncle on something not related however, he embarrassed me in the presence of my friends. I haven't seen him since then however, we had a telephone conversation last year because the son had a baby and I had to call in on the day of christening and he was there.

Everyone should always remember every man has an ego.
I understand you man.. Thank Goodness while growing up, I was never in a precarious situation where I was at the mercy of an uncle...
My mum's younger brother, God rest his soul, was loved by all of us because he shared a special bond with my mother more than the rest of his siblings...

However growing up, my siblings and I were not the type that visits uncles and aunts...So I won't know where to put my face if such embarrassment was to happen those days...

But what OP's uncle failed to understand is OP will someday have a home of his own and those kids of his would like to visit someday... Imagine using the sins of the father to visit their children....

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Mrkindness: 9:54pm On Nov 17, 2022
Longest time is still better than " this mumu don come again"

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by jamesversion: 9:54pm On Nov 17, 2022
brain54:

Pls what place is this…? I mean the digging grave…

I just feel things are a bit hard at the moment for everyone.
I don’t know what the uncle does for a living or how buoyant but I believe if he ain’t feeling the pinch he would not complain.

That’s his feeling and being blunt about it I feel is not wrong. Right or wrong I ain’t judging that now. But being open enough to say your mind is what I commend.

If you notice I quoted the person who stated the wife should be diplomatic about it…just tell the guy directly to know his stance if you don’t want him around.

But right or wrong can depend on a lot of factors which I am no here to judge now

Afterall it is he who wears the shoe that knows we’re it pinches.

I'm from Ikwerre.

Well, like you said the man knows where it pinches him. Also factors such as his personal relationship with his sister and her husband. Also too, maybe he felt the boys presence was unnecessary and might really need to help his mum, possibly in whatever business she's does.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by sameoldguy: 9:57pm On Nov 17, 2022
This na “saw finish”

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Messi1: 8:17am On Nov 18, 2022
habsydiamond:
Stay away for the time being... don't cut ties cos family is all we have got.. you saying away may even make him realise and apologise to you.
It would be better if I cut ties..the man is really very unreasonable.

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Rolexxxy(f): 8:22am On Nov 18, 2022
Medianna meobizy come and see your friend
Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Ebonygeek(f): 8:22am On Nov 18, 2022
Messi1:
I've always visited this my uncle at least four times a week..that is where i pass away time. His children all like me and any day I fail to come they must ask me why didn't come. I use the time i spend in his house to teach his children Mathematics and do their home work for them. Today I was in his house, he stormed out from his room and ask if i don't help my mother at home..he yelled at me and what pain me most is that he said food is costly and they are only managing. He made me feel like i was the one finishing the food in his house. He said I should not be too freequent in his house if at all I must come. I'm considering severing all ties to this my uncle, will that be right?
I find people like you very unpleasant. In this harsh economy, what kind of person visits others so frequently and eats their food ? A struggling man with children for that matter. Be considerate na. Dey your house abeg. If his children need extra lessons that badly, he'll organize a teacher for them

18 Likes

Re: My Uncle Doesn't Want Me In His House by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 18, 2022
Why do you keep coming to his house with an empty stomach when you could eat at home before you visit him?

It's clear you always want something to eat when you come to his house.
Messi1:

24 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Helps Her Husband Pack Things For His Other Wife In Africa (Photo, Video) / No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House / Unusual Behavior Between My Step Brother And My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.