Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,656 members, 7,813,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

COVID-19: FG To Review Travel, Other Protocols Over Omicron Variant - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / COVID-19: FG To Review Travel, Other Protocols Over Omicron Variant (681 Views)

Omicron Variant: Canada Adds Nigeria, Egypt, Malawi To Travel Ban List / Abuja Airport Re-opens With Strict COVID-19 Safety Protocols / COVID-19: FG To Begin Evacuation Of 4,000 Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: FG To Review Travel, Other Protocols Over Omicron Variant by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:54pm On Nov 29, 2021
The federal government on Monday said it will review the nation’s travel and other protocols to curtail the entry or spread of the new Omicron variant of the COVID-19 virus in the country.

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) and Chairman, Presidential Steering Committee (PSC) on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha, said this in Abuja at the national briefing of the committee.

Mustapha said, “The world has been hit with a new COVID-19 Variant of Concern, called Omicron, as announced by the World Health Organisation (WHO).

“This variant is potentially dangerous, and Nigerians and residents are required to exercise extra caution and vigilance in practice and enforcement of preventive measures.

“As the DG WHO has just stated today, the emergence of the highly-mutated Omicron variant underlines just how perilous and precarious our situation is.

“South Africa and Botswana should be thanked for detecting, sequencing and reporting this variant, not penalized.”

He said that the PSC is reviewing the situation around the world and putting in place measures to curtail the impact of the variant on the country and that the new travel protocols would cover travels, testing, enforcement, surveillance and risk communication.

The SGF also said that the PSC is aware of some travellers circumventing the travel protocols by providing fake COVID-19 test results, Permit to Travel Certificates or declaring fake vaccination status at our Points of Entry.

“The weight of the law is heavy and will come hard on these people,” he said.

Mustapha said that the Vaccine Mandate will come into effect fully on 1st December 2021, thus, every federal government worker and in essence, all Nigerians and residents are to get vaccinated.

He said, “With the developments around the world, people will not be able to travel without their verified vaccination cards.”

Meanwhile, the Federal Ministry of Health and the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) are monitoring emerging evidence on the new Omicron variant and its implication.

Nigeria, UAE flight spat resolved

The SGF also said that the impasse on the Nigeria-UAE flights have been resolved in the interest of both parties.

He said that though this process took so long to pull through with its ripple effects, everyone that was involved in getting this deal done deserved commendation.

“A date for the commencement of flights between the two countries will be announced in due course,” he said.

https://dailytrust.com/covid-19-fg-to-review-travels-other-protocols-over-omicron-variant
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Travel, Other Protocols Over Omicron Variant by SmartProf(m): 8:58pm On Nov 29, 2021
Finally, having watched loads of CNN and Aljazeera news on what the western world is doing, the FG has taken a position based on the principles of copy and paste. The Omicron variant by now has obtained full residency permit in Nigeria and our leaders are still speaking English language about what they hope to do about it spreading into the country.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Travel, Other Protocols Over Omicron Variant by Righteousness2(m): 9:00pm On Nov 29, 2021
I am Fully vaccinated in the Blood of JESUS.
I rather be Die than take this Evil.
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Travel, Other Protocols Over Omicron Variant by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:01pm On Nov 29, 2021
Righteousness2:

I think I'm with our dear NL pastor on this, nothing go make me take that shit angry
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Travel, Other Protocols Over Omicron Variant by Candidlady: 9:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:

I think I'm with our dear NL pastor on this, nothing go make me take that shit angry

may iask why?
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Travel, Other Protocols Over Omicron Variant by SmartProf(m): 9:05pm On Nov 29, 2021
Righteousness2:
I hope you haven't taken any other vaccine in the course of your life from birth
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Travel, Other Protocols Over Omicron Variant by endsarrrs(f): 9:08pm On Nov 29, 2021
I am wondering where the world is headed with this COVID issues

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Travel, Other Protocols Over Omicron Variant by Righteousness2(m): 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2021
SmartProf:

I hope you haven't taken any other vaccine in the course of your life from birth

Don't be Foolish! Don't be wise in your own eyes.
Open your eyes to see, know and Understand the times you and what is playing out. Pick up the Bible and See Clearly .
Don't Perish for being Ignorant.
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Travel, Other Protocols Over Omicron Variant by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2021
Candidlady:

may iask why?

'Why' has decided to be conscious of what enters his blood to avoid unknown covenant.

That's 'uncle why's' resolution

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Travel, Other Protocols Over Omicron Variant by WibusJaga: 9:15pm On Nov 29, 2021

Make una no use this Covid wahala spoil Christmas & New year celebrations for us o. I take God beg una.
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Travel, Other Protocols Over Omicron Variant by SmartProf(m): 9:20pm On Nov 29, 2021
Righteousness2:

Don't be Foolish! Don't be wise in your own eyes.
Open your eyes to see, know and Understand the times you and what is playing out. Pick up the Bible and See Clearly .
Don't Perish for being Ignorant.

Answer my question objectively as a simple Yes or No...have u ever been vaccinated against vaccine preventable diseases before now? Don't bring in religious lines on issue based discussions.
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Travel, Other Protocols Over Omicron Variant by Candidlady: 9:24pm On Nov 29, 2021
Righteousness2:

first oga pastor edit your post "irather be die"

number 2, you bin vacinated in the blood of jesus, but when you have headache you use panadol/procold[nat sure of the spelling].

ignorance is deadlier than covid and no amount of blood of jesus can vacinate you against it!!

if they wantd to implant anything in our body they could have long time ago. Just pray for grace.

do have a lovely night rest
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Travel, Other Protocols Over Omicron Variant by Righteousness2(m): 9:30pm On Nov 29, 2021
SmartProf:

Answer my question objectively as a simple Yes or No...have u ever been vaccinated against vaccine preventable diseases before now? Don't bring in religious lines on issue based discussions.

Where you , your parents, Grand Parents or Great grand Parents ever Mandated or Deprived of anything , Directly or Indirectly to take a Vaccine while growing up?
Open your Eyes young man! Guard your soul with diligence. The Handwriting on the wall is so clear for anyone who Values His/ Her soul.
Once you trapped , you are Destroyed for Ever in Hell.
You Have no Excuse! You were warned!
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Travel, Other Protocols Over Omicron Variant by jmoore(m): 9:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
Righteousness2:
grin grin Go and ask your parents if they vaccinated you against polio with blood of Jesus or polio vaccine?

Is no physician there? Why then has the health of the daughter of my people not been restored?
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Travel, Other Protocols Over Omicron Variant by Candidlady: 9:41pm On Nov 29, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:

'Why' has decided to be conscious of what enters his blood to avoid unknown covenant.

That's 'uncle why's' resolution

very funny

when "why" is sick he quick to grab meds at the pharm... Now how can "why" tell he nat already making an "unknown covenant" by using those meds?

like itold pastor "na grace of god dey sustain 'erbody"

but what do iknow? I and Jcole are BORN SINNER
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Travel, Other Protocols Over Omicron Variant by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
Candidlady:

very funny

when "why" is sick he quick to grab meds at the pharm... Now how can "why" tell he nat already making an "unknown covenant" by using those meds?

like itold pastor "na grace of god dey sustain 'erbody"

but what do iknow? I and Jcole are BORN SINNER

Why can take meds when he's sick, but why can't meds for lab manufactured virus and that's why's stands
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Travel, Other Protocols Over Omicron Variant by respect80(m): 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:

Why can take meds when he's sick, but why can't meds for lab manufactured virus and that's why's stands

cheesy

Are you why's spokesperson?
Allow "why" to talk for himself na grin
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Travel, Other Protocols Over Omicron Variant by Winnerly: 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2021
SmartProf:

The times were different and humanity was not as vain and wicked.

How do you even know whether you haven’t been permanently altered as a result of those old vaccines?

Compare men of old ( Spartacus and 300 era) to what you have now and tell me if we are thesame
Re: COVID-19: FG To Review Travel, Other Protocols Over Omicron Variant by BunmiBie: 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
endsarrrs:
I am wondering where the world is headed with this COVID issues

I am.wondering too

(1) (Reply)

7 Travel Tips In Crossing Seme Border / Planning A Trip To The East As A Yoruba Man , Please Which Eastern State Is Most / No Heavenly Country Anywhere!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.