Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,227 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Worsen Condition Of Nigerians – Northern Elders Forum - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Worsen Condition Of Nigerians – Northern Elders Forum (10337 Views)

Electricity Tariff Hike Will Further Impoverish Nigerians - Northern Elders / Subsidy Removal Will Reduce Carbon Dioxide Emissions - Shettima / Buhar's Government Has Failed Nigerians - Northern Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Worsen Condition Of Nigerians – Northern Elders Forum by UncleKoboko: 7:43am On Nov 30, 2021
Terorislam:
We Yoruba Muslims supports subsidy.removal
We OSU ipób jew pigs support it with full chest too cool cool cool cool
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Worsen Condition Of Nigerians – Northern Elders Forum by Tzar(m): 8:14am On Nov 30, 2021
I agree will all your point except 1. Can you give me 1or 2 refineries being built by a Southerner. Even if it is just up to 30%. There is none that I am aware of. Don’t forget, these is Nigeria! Southern stooges may be financed to clear up Liscences that they will do nothing with by MONOPOLISTS.
Sadly, there is no political will to protect the public from monopolists in Nigeria. It’s a dog eat dog country!
Subsidies in electricity & petrol MUST go if Nigeria is serious about developing those sectors. However, for public good, at leat 2-3 players MUST be established to prevent excessive profit taking by a monopolist.
America has laws to prevent things like this & there is a political will to enforce it.

backbencher:

1.Southerners are involved in building several refineries .and are among the 20 licenses waiting.(list here)

2.Why more Nigerians aren't involved in building large Dangote type refineries is because subsides means that the petrol from the refineries would be sold at a loss.

Dangote also took loans to build the refinery. If the refienry fails, and he fails to repay the loans, them banks and lending agencies will just take over his other lucrative ventures...like the cement industry...(That's why they felt confident to give him a loan in the first place...they know they would get their money back!)

3. Dangote has to make a profit on his refinery...or it would fail. And when it fails, jobs and millions would be lost. You cannot expect him to refine fuel above 200 naira per liter, and sell at N161 or even at N40 per liter. He won't have enough cash to even do regular maintenance, and pay worker salariesand I must remind you that most of his workers for the refinereis are....NIGERIANS. Not foreingers.

4. When subsides go, more and more people will refine fuel at home. Because they can now make a profit and recoup their investment..and prices will crash by competition.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Worsen Condition Of Nigerians – Northern Elders Forum by marhez43(f): 8:24am On Nov 30, 2021
I support this.#fakebuharimustgo
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Worsen Condition Of Nigerians – Northern Elders Forum by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 30, 2021
Tzar:
I agree will all your point except 1. Can you give me 1or 2 refineries being built by a Southerner. Even if it is just up to 30%. There is none that I am aware of. Don’t forget, these is Nigeria! Southern stooges may be financed to clear up Liscences that they will do nothing with by MONOPOLISTS.
Sadly, there is no political will to protect the public from monopolists in Nigeria. It’s a dog eat dog country!
Subsidies in electricity & petrol MUST go if Nigeria is serious about developing those sectors. However, for public good, at leat 2-3 players MUST be established to prevent excessive profit taking by a monopolist.
America has laws to prevent things like this & there is a political will to enforce it.

Well.there is one refinery in Edo and another in delta being built by southerners plus the 20 licences in the wings are probably mostly . southerners. And the workforce would be mainly southerners too

Plus Dangote can build a big refinery because if he fails to pay the loans that he used to build it, he would have his other profitable business ventures taken over by the banks...who gave him the loans because las las they know they will get their money back
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Worsen Condition Of Nigerians – Northern Elders Forum by DannyG8(m): 9:06am On Nov 30, 2021
Cmexy:
You mean worsen the condition of Northerners?
how many state comprises of the north

Hope you are not including the middle belt because we are not part of the north

Beware

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Worsen Condition Of Nigerians – Northern Elders Forum by Tzar(m): 9:50am On Nov 30, 2021
I prefer if you give me the names of those refineries in Edo and Delta with their owners so I can research them.

backbencher:

Well.there is one refinery in Edo and another in delta being built by southerners plus the 20 licences in the wings are probably mostly . southerners. And the workforce would be mainly southerners too

Plus Dangote can build a big refinery because if he fails to pay the loans that he used to build it, he would have his other profitable business ventures taken over by the banks...who gave him the loans because las las they know they will get their money back
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Worsen Condition Of Nigerians – Northern Elders Forum by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 30, 2021
Tzar:
I prefer if you give me the names of those refineries in Edo and Delta with their owners so I can research them.

1.Report on Edo refinery..owned by a joint venture between AFCOM Nigeria and a chinese company.

2.OPAC refinery in Delta website owned by a Mr. Momoh Jimah Oyarekhua

3.For a full list of private firms with licenses to run a refinery, see here.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Worsen Condition Of Nigerians – Northern Elders Forum by lexyclasy: 10:21am On Nov 30, 2021
Nbotee:
Lolzzzz.. Una neva see anything... Dis govt is the most useless in the history of uselessness... Dis govt has removed subsidy time and time again and severally claimed not to be paying subsidy but "under Recovery" .. Now U want to remove subsidy and then spend billions if not trillions in paying "Underprivileged" Nigerians personal subsidy.. The same govt isn't considering cutting down on the cost of governance
This government are bunch of funny tutelars, you haven't remove subsidy yet Domestic gas is N9.750/12.5kg cylinder , AGO (Diesel) N370/Liter, etc.....if i have ever voted for this directionless government it would have pained me the most.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Worsen Condition Of Nigerians – Northern Elders Forum by Tzar(m): 10:31am On Nov 30, 2021
Thanks for the link to the Edo and Delta modular refineries. This is a great move by them.

I honestly do not recognize brief case holders of refining liscence until they start construction like the examples you gave. Nigerians are notorious for purchasing these liscences and doing nothing with them.

backbencher:

1.Report on Edo refinery..owned by a joint venture between AFCOM Nigeria and a chinese company.

2.OPAC refinery in Delta website owned by a Mr. Momoh Jimah Oyarekhua

3.For a full list of private firms with licenses to run a refinery, see here.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Worsen Condition Of Nigerians – Northern Elders Forum by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 30, 2021
Tzar:
Thanks for the link to the Edo and Delta modular refineries. This is a great move by them.

I honestly do not recognize brief case holders of refining liscence until they start construction like the examples you gave. Nigerians are notorious for purchasing these liscences and doing nothing with them.

1.It is very true...there were more licenses given to private companies to operate refineries back in 2012, allegedly

2.Though the reason why many don't start work is simple. Subsidy. So long as government is controlling the price of fuel, their hopes of making a profit are slim, so they don't risk starting. Banks too won't give them a loan for the same reason

(Dangote got loans from big banks to start his refinery because the banks know that if he defaults, they just simply take over his other lucrative assets and pay themselves. Or, even if times are tough, they know Dangote will find money to pay them back. Either way, they win. Also, governments past and present bought into his project, and helped with sourcing the loans).
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Worsen Condition Of Nigerians – Northern Elders Forum by Newboss(m): 10:58am On Nov 30, 2021
Why una think say dem dey remove and return this subsidy of a thing?

Suicide go skyrocket if they remove am. Everyone with basic knowledge of Nigerian microeconomy knows this. Price no dey come down for Nigeria o.

Na why price wahala no good for Nigeria. Even if price go up by mistake, the thing go remain like that.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Worsen Condition Of Nigerians – Northern Elders Forum by tivhador: 1:34pm On Nov 30, 2021
cool

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Worsen Condition Of Nigerians – Northern Elders Forum by Ayomivic(m): 2:11pm On Nov 30, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/11/29/fuel-subsidy-removal-will-worsen-condition-of-nigerians-northern-elders/

It is so clearly that this government of president Muhammad Bihari is looking at their condition to judge the affair of the people of this country instead of using the lowest class of people who are majority of the people in this country to judge the affair of this country.

Subsidy is certain amount paid on commodity to ease the hardship for the people and to support the economy of the country. According to my own understanding of subsidy

If subsidy is removed from fuel and electricity tariff is increase to me the country had collapse because those two items is must to use for the people of the country no matter your condition wether poor or rich . No amount fuel's price can be that richies can't buy it but what about the poor masses? Definitely it will had to the invitation that is already in the country. It will lead to general increase in all products and services .

The subsidy paid on fuel is been benefited by both riches and poor's in the country because their is no how you won't use fuel if you don't have personal car you will have to board car and for all cars or bike you boarded or generator or fuel using machines you used government had paid token on it.

If subsidy is removed , the government said it wou be spent on education, health and #5000 to some people. All of us can't be beneficiary of that . Not all of us go to school, not all of us will visited the hospital in. And that kind of found is exposed to embezzlement whch is 90 percent assurance .
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Worsen Condition Of Nigerians – Northern Elders Forum by sirp9898(m): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2021
As long as there is no fairness in all aspects in nigeria there will be no peace

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Worsen Condition Of Nigerians – Northern Elders Forum by Exceed15: 3:27pm On Nov 30, 2021
They called subsidy Fraud. Useless APC and their supporters.
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Worsen Condition Of Nigerians – Northern Elders Forum by Hkff: 4:38pm On Nov 30, 2021
Yes
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Worsen Condition Of Nigerians – Northern Elders Forum by Iamolukorede(m): 4:43pm On Nov 30, 2021
This leadership and their stakeholders keep making up wicked economy policy, I don't see problems taking away subsidy but then what will 5k do in the life of the citizens to cushion the effect, besides who are 40million poor Nigerian?, Honestly, this administration and their goons should be chased out of office with weapons.

The structure this country is running is seriously bad, we are sitting on a hedge of gun powder. We don't need a soothsayer to say to us that this country is not doing well at all and that it is failing and will continue to fail if we don't sit up to do corrections,if you want to take out subsidy, remove it but then put measures in place that will help the populace. This mal administration is docile and non challant to the demand of its citizens.

And we know it's an agenda to keep the citizens perpetually poor come 2023,why do they travel abroad and behave and yet act solid outside Nigeria.

If we don't restructure, restructuring will soon force it self on us. Plis, no one should expect a miracle come 2023, this country is designed to fail by this administration and their principal in politics.

quote author=valentineuwakwe post=108074278]

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/11/29/fuel-subsidy-removal-will-worsen-condition-of-nigerians-northern-elders/
[/quote]
Re: Fuel Subsidy Removal Will Worsen Condition Of Nigerians – Northern Elders Forum by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:23am On Dec 01, 2021
NO BODY WILL REMOVE SUBSIDY because,IF THEY DO THEY WILL CHOPING IT ALONE AS USUAL.because OF LACK OF TRANSPARENT ACCOUNTABILITY IN NAIJA SYS. angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP And Zoning: Setting The Record Straight / Sowore: Afenifere Team A And Team B Cannot Decide Who Yorubas Will Vote / Bayelsa Election Tribunal Sacks PDP Rep, Orders Re-Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.