Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,335 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud (33355 Views)

NDLEA Arrests Rome-bound Trafficker, Ex-convict, Intercepts Guns, Cartridges / Franklin Uzo lgbonwa: Buhari Names Ex-Convict As Job Creation Committee Chairman / Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by generalwo(m): 9:50pm On Nov 30, 2021
esnbrutality:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy...Brain is far from you ..like the EARTH IS FAR FROM JUPITER. See your reasoning, no wonder you are saddled with useless leaders....Spits

..... Useless leaders but you dey the country under the same useless leaders..... If e too pain you, u for Don commot but no... U chose to stay under the same useless leaders and support criminals like u.... Una go meet una water loo soon
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by ablejesus26(m): 12:07am On Dec 01, 2021
esnbrutality:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy...TRY HARDER MUGUU...it cant stand....piss on your black forehead...smash it on the ground facing medina...i dont give 2 fvks....spits!!

grin ;Dofcus thats why you can never have sense in this life and eternity
you don carry all your sense knack for ground and medina finish grin grin
rubbish bororo terrorist using cheap taqiyya that will still kill him grin grin
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by Poleski: 6:33am On Dec 01, 2021
abbey621:

I'm going to do you a favor and give you a quick lesson about life! NOTHING IS FAIR! Forget Nigeria, even in the USA same judge can sentence two people who committed the same crime completely different depending on the lawyer and arguments in court. The koko here is this, was the sentence according to the sentencing guidelines? What was the minimum and maximum sentence allowed for such crime? Until you figure this out, your argument will just be based on sentiments.

- Of course, the U.S. justice system isn't perfect, but at least they get it right most of the time, unlike in Nigeria, where a crooked politician could get a perpetual injunction from a court to not be investigated. Where is this done outside Nigeria? So your comparison is out of place. 

Furthermore, you're comparing politicians stealing to that of a common citizen but ask yourself how many victims of these acts by politicians actually sue them in court? How exactly do you think justice works? You don't sue, you don't provide evidence yet expect politicians to magically be indicted in the court?

- I'm not sure you know what you're talking about. A concerned citizen does not necessarily need to be in court physically to sue a corrupt politician for the case to be established. The concerned citizen could simply send the EFCC information about whatever financial crime was committed. Then EFCC on their own will investigate to make sure the tip-off is credible before going forward with the case or not. All the cases the EFCC handles were reported by ordinary citizens.
By the way, no sane individual in Nigeria would want to expose themselves while reporting the corruption of a big fish when the EFCC is there to take up the case.

Finally, if we are to continue to use politicians as the standard for not seeking justice then we might as well not get outraged by anything, be it armed robbery, be it kidnapping or pedophilia. You are basically saying justice does not matter since the elites often evade it, I hate to think you would have the same mindset if it was your son, daughter, sister or another family member that got duped.

- You lost me here. When did I give you the impression that "justice doesn't matter since the elite avade it"? Please, don't misconstrue what I say, to make your point. 
You may have forgotten my point. Let me reiterate my point once again. I said the Nigerian judicial system treats the poor differently from the rich and well-connected! In other words, the judicial system does its job well when it comes to the poor!

Some people do seek justice against corrupt politicians, but not mostly in the way you expect. Some people have totally lost faith in our judicial system because criminal money-bags are rarely punished, like the poor, and in most cases, walk free! I don't understand why you argue.

We can agree to disagree.
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:23am On Dec 01, 2021
He just chose to ruin his life.
Re: Ex-Convict, Oluwatobi Ajayi, Bags Fresh 28-Year Jail Term For Cyber Fraud by abbey621(m): 5:07pm On Dec 01, 2021
Poleski:

- Of course, the U.S. justice system isn't perfect, but at least they get it right most of the time, unlike in Nigeria, where a crooked politician could get a perpetual injunction from a court to not be investigated. Where is this done outside Nigeria? So your comparison is out of place. 

- I'm not sure you know what you're talking about. A concerned citizen does not necessarily need to be in court physically to sue a corrupt politician for the case to be established. The concerned citizen could simply send the EFCC information about whatever financial crime was committed. Then EFCC on their own will investigate to make sure the tip-off is credible before going forward with the case or not. All the cases the EFCC handles were reported by ordinary citizens.
By the way, no sane individual in Nigeria would want to expose themselves while reporting the corruption of a big fish when the EFCC is there to take up the case.

- You lost me here. When did I give you the impression that "justice doesn't matter since the elite avade it"? Please, don't misconstrue what I say, to make your point. 
You may have forgotten my point. Let me reiterate my point once again. I said the Nigerian judicial system treats the poor differently from the rich and well-connected! In other words, the judicial system does its job well when it comes to the poor!

Some people do seek justice against corrupt politicians, but not mostly in the way you expect. Some people have totally lost faith in our judicial system because criminal money-bags are rarely punished, like the poor, and in most cases, walk free! I don't understand why you argue.

We can agree to disagree.

I think you're confused becuase there is something called the right to confront your accuser in the court of law, no the accuser does not have to re[port physically but if it goes to trial they would most likely be called as a key witness, all that excuse of fear does not hold water in court. Please focus on facts only! Here's your comment:

As I stated earlier, 28 yrs., whether you agree or not, is too harsh even for a repeat offender. Nigerian judiciary jail poor people harshly, it's a fact!

In Any country, state or region justice is all about what can be proven or not! A poor man is less likely to be able to afford a good defense hence they most always get shafted. In terms of sentencing, what you call harsh, I call legal! If the person was sentenced according to the sentencing guidelines then what is the problem? Are you going to tell a judge how to do his or her job? This is why they tell judges temper justice with mercy but nobody can sue a judge for giving the maximum sentence....lol.

Looking at your first paragraph I smile, you must not know much about the world at large, go to Russia, China and even Malaysia, you would be surprised at how often rules are bent, even in the USA if an investigation/prosecution of a certain person affects national security the matter will die down mysteriosuly. Y'all really need to stop this El-Doraldo vomplex you have about the USA, it ain't what it looks like grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of African Leaders In Japan For TICAD7 / MC Oluomo Reacts To Trump's Defeat, Congratulates Biden / Goodluck Is Far More Better Than Previous Leaders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.