Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction (32049 Views)

Folorunso Alakija’s New N60bn Luxury Tower Ready / Folorunso Alakija Meets With TD Jakes At House On The Rock (Photos) / Folorunso Alakija As A 7-Year-Old In 1951 With Her Sister (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Shokoloko(f): 4:54pm On Nov 30, 2021
MufasaLion:

Nobody tweaked nothing. Psychology is making you believe that. Well, you have the right to your beliefs.

Yes I do have the right to my beliefs, as you do smiley.

Enjoy your day
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by MufasaLion: 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2021
Shokoloko:

Yes I do have the right to my beliefs, as you do smiley.

Enjoy your day

You, too.
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Nobody: 5:01pm On Nov 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:
But since God does not take Jewelry away from folks , it means God no get anything to do with anything wey this woman talk at all. undecided

Africans and their fake modesty! undecided

Africans and hypocrisy are like 5 &6

2 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 30, 2021
MufasaLion:

grin grin grin

Imagine if I had a iced out wristwatch and you expect me to get rid off it because of this dumb talk. grin

My brother, i tire . Nigeria is a country where people mostly, don't think with their brains.
They are clueless about basic things like how to build good roads, how to live with each other in peace without defrauding one another, but are experts on supposedly "Spritual things".
No wonder our country is a certified shithole with people who think wearing jewelry is the problem.
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by MufasaLion: 5:15pm On Nov 30, 2021
Skyview01:

My brother, i tire . Nigeria is a country where people don't think their brains.
They are clueless about basic things like how to build good roads, how to live with each other in peace without defrauding one another, but are experts on supposedly "Spritual things".
No wonder our country is a certified shithole with people who think wearing jewelry is the problem.

Anything spiritual in Africa is not productive. It's mostly full of deceit!

1 Like

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by YoungAncient1: 5:18pm On Nov 30, 2021
This is personal dealing from God. This woman is wise to listen and not promote it as a doctrine.
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by rooney(m): 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
If you have encounter with God concerning a condition in your life, it doesn't mean it is applicable to everyone one. Just like when the parents of Samson were warned by God never to cut his hair, it didn't mean that everybody should look unkept. God has a purpose for each individual.
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Tabletuner(m): 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2021
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

What type of god stops you from using jewelry but won't stop you from bleaching?

I was actually scrolling down to see if anyone would make this comment.

Help me ask her.

1 Like

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by JUBILEE2000: 6:34pm On Nov 30, 2021
Heloct:
Okay..

Imagine if she was a clergywoman, she would have used her experience and God's instruction to her as a doctrine for her followers.

And it will pass on to generations.

You are not far from the truth. Most doctrinal beliefs in some churches today originated from personal dealings and encounters of their founders.
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by femi4: 6:35pm On Nov 30, 2021
Lori iro.... always lying ontop God's head. Just come out and say you feel like stopping it
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Lightorder: 6:37pm On Nov 30, 2021
I wouldn’t say for sure who stopped her, but one thing I am sure about is that she looks better off without jewelries
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by vicardino(m): 6:48pm On Nov 30, 2021
Hmmm
Heloct:
Okay..

Imagine if she was a clergywoman, she would have used her experience and God's instruction to her as a doctrine for her followers.

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Ayanya(f): 7:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
Nice one,it's good you obeyed ma'am. We all have our personal dealings with God,it doesn't mean that putting on jewellery is a sin but the(her) intentions behind it,it was already becoming a "god" to her so God had to caution her and it might even hinder her ministration to others.... shalom!

1 Like

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by femlash(m): 7:06pm On Nov 30, 2021
Americafighter:
Ok... Thunder fire the admin that ban me for 2 weeks.... Ban me again and lose your left eye

2 Likes

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by HarmonicAbby(f): 7:36pm On Nov 30, 2021
She is only sharing her personal dealings with God; she is not asking you to follow suit, God can ask one to give up something because of what he wants to do with the person
Kobojunkie:
But since God does not take Jewelry away from folks , it means God no get anything to do with anything wey this woman talk at all. undecided

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by InvertedHammer: 7:38pm On Nov 30, 2021
/

Nigerians and the penchant to misuse the name of God for personal beliefs.

Did God approve the screaming and moaning in Babangida's bed?

/
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Loreettaa: 7:42pm On Nov 30, 2021
Brika:

https://igberetvnews.com/1407400/god-stopped-using-jewelry-folorunso-alakija/
You're yet to tell us how a fashion designer became owner of an oil well. Did God tell you about that too?

1 Like

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by michlins(m): 8:21pm On Nov 30, 2021
InvertedHammer:
/

Nigerians and the penchant to misuse the name of God for personal beliefs.

Did God approve the screaming and moaning in Babangida's bed?

/
comrade lower your voice
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Kobojunkie: 8:35pm On Nov 30, 2021
HarmonicAbby:
She is only sharing her personal dealings with God; she is not asking you to follow suit, God can ask one to give up something because of what he wants to do with the person
God's Law is not different for individuals and it is clearly stated in God's Law that you not add your ideas and rules to His Law. So when she takes that so-called personal dealings and makes it public insinuating God somehow changed His mind about Jewelry and things of men, she does so in violation of God's Law. undecided

And no, God will not ask you to give up somethings. That is not God's Law to you at all. The only Law God gave to us that has to do with things is that salvation will instead cost you everything - you are meant to abandon Everything, not something, in order to become worthy of Jesus Christ- Luke 14 vs 25 - 33. What this woman said had nothing to do with God. undecided
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by seglabsy(m): 9:02pm On Nov 30, 2021
Americafighter:
Ok... Thunder fire the admin that ban me for 2 weeks.... Ban me again and lose your left eye
DO U KNOW ONE YEYE MODERATOR BANNED ME TILL 2040?IN TRAVEL SECTION,THEY ARE JUST USELESS AND SENSELESS

1 Like

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by rainlover(m): 9:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
Righteousness228
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by ofiko123(m): 9:28pm On Nov 30, 2021
God is real... Heaven is real..
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by chaloskyx: 9:37pm On Nov 30, 2021
DO YOU KNOW YOU ARE AN IDIOT EVERY GOD DAMN THING YOU JUST SPEWED OUT IS UTTER BULL SHIT ONE WOULD THINK BEING WEALTHY WOULD ALLOW YOU TO TRAVEL FAR AND WIDE ENOUGH TO BE INFORMED THAT ONES LEVEL OF SPRITUALITY ISNT SUBJECTED TO WHAT YOU WEAR BUT NO AS THE MANY FALSE PROPHETS IN NIGERIA YOU TOO HAVE BEEN GIVEN A MISSION TO MISLEAD PEOPLE WITH UTTER RUBBISH WHY WERNT YOU DIRECTED NOT TO LIVE IN MANSIONS OR RIDE EXPENSIVE CARS AS WELL ABI ARNT THOSE WORLDLY ITEMS AS WELL MUMU BILIONAIRE

1 Like

Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by chaloskyx: 9:38pm On Nov 30, 2021
NAA ITS NOT
ofiko123:
God is real... Heaven is real..
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by middlebelter(m): 10:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
Awesome. Just imagine some people will enjoy in this word and also enjoy in heaven.

Whatsoever God say unto you, just do it. There lies your peace.
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
Kobojunkie:

My mother was the first Christian convert in our extended family,without anyone preaching or leading her to christ. It was in her apartment she had encounter with Christ in the night. (story fo another day)

The first thing to be dealt with after the encounter was the Jerry curl on her head. Until she requested that the hair be scrape off, her head was filled with burning sensation.

That people follow the experience they had previously does not mean that those who did not have such opportunities should condemned such experience.
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 30, 2021
[s]
chaloskyx:
DO YOU KNOW YOU ARE AN IDIOT EVERY GOD DAMN THING YOU JUST SPEWED OUT IS UTTER BULL SHIT ONE WOULD THINK BEING WEALTHY WOULD ALLOW YOU TO TRAVEL FAR AND WIDE ENOUGH TO BE INFORMED THAT ONES LEVEL OF SPRITUALITY ISNT SUBJECTED TO WHAT YOU WEAR BUT NO AS THE MANY FALSE PROPHETS IN NIGERIA YOU TOO HAVE BEEN GIVEN A MISSION TO MISLEAD PEOPLE WITH UTTER RUBBISH WHY WERNT YOU DIRECTED NOT TO LIVE IN MANSIONS OR RIDE EXPENSIVE CARS AS WELL ABI ARNT THOSE WORLDLY ITEMS AS WELL MUMU BILIONAIRE
[/s]

Trash talk
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by laughitall(m): 10:29pm On Nov 30, 2021
Heloct:
Okay..

she’s a clergywoman
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Kobojunkie: 10:50pm On Nov 30, 2021
FreelanceRebel:
The first thing to be dealt with after the encounter was the Jerry curl on her head. Until she requested that the hair be scrape off, her head was filled with burning sensation.

That people follow the experience they had previously does not mean that those who did not have such opportunities should condemned such experience.
I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that is how you hear your Pastors and Mogs tell you of Jesus Christ but that is not even close to anything Jesus Christ said or asked us for. undecided

Think about this story you tell me here for a minute and maybe you will see the Truth for yourself. In the Gospels, Jesus Christ declared that only those who sell all of their treasures and give it all away - abandon family, friends, career, jobs, businesses, etc., can become worthy of being His followers - Luke 14 vs 25 - 33 - the cost of Salvation as offered us by Jesus Christ. undecided

You claim what your mother did was scrape all the hair off off head. Abeg, how does this connect with what Jesus Christ in fact said of the Salvation He offers us? How does what you said your mother die equate to Jesus Christ's demand that you abandon everything in order to gain His Salvation? undecided

There are individual experiences but God’s Law and dealings with every single one of us will not go contrary to His Law. Remember God is a faithful God, not a jot of His own Law does He decree will He bend or violate for the sake of any man. undecided
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Fredogwuche: 10:56pm On Nov 30, 2021
WibusJaga:

Oh God! Pls also intervene & stop many others from using expensive jewelry, expensive cars, expensive jets, even expensive coffins... & other needless luxury. Let them channel the money instead into helping the needy around them. cheesy

AMEN
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by Fredogwuche: 10:57pm On Nov 30, 2021
Amen and Amen
Re: Folorunso Alakija Stopped Wearing Jewelry Following God's Direction by chaloskyx: 12:15am On Dec 01, 2021
SHEEP SPOTTED YOUS YOUR GOD DAMN BRAIN FOR ONCE AND THINK
FreelanceRebel:
[s][/s]

Trash talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Real Reasons Behind Shoprite’s Planned Exit From Kano / Skye Bank, First Bank Take Over Evans Medical Assets / Name One Household Or Food Item Whose Price Has Come Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.