Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week (1025 Views)

As A Parent, Share Those Crazy/funny Act Of Your Kids You Witnessed / What I Witnessed Last Night! / The Funniest Thing I Witnessed On Sunday Morning. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by EmekaStanley: 3:10pm On Nov 30, 2021
On Sunday Evening, I stopped by a shop where 'Agbo' is sold, for me to get some. 'Agbo' is a mixture of roots and herbs for consumption, sold by local women. It is very common in Lagos.

While I waited to be given my yummy 'agbo' for take-away, a young boy in his early twenties was passing by and greeted the seller who I guess was in her early fifties.

Apparently the boy is a friend of the woman's son because no sooner did the boy greet her than she started telling the boy that his son packed his belongings and left the house without her knowledge, though from the woman's countenance, she was not perturbed.

The boy has come of age to be independent I guess.

The boy that was passing now started assuring the woman that she shouldn't be worried at all, that her son has gone to do 'yahoo yahoo' and that he will come back with Benz in no time.

Immediately I heard this, I turned sharply towards the woman in order to see her reaction first hand because all this while, I had been listening with my ears while my eyes were feeding on other things.

But the mother's reaction shocked me.

She was like, "ehhhh...you mean am? Hmm..Okay oo. Make im go come oo", with a countenance of acceptance.

A whole lot of things ran through my mind.

Does it mean this woman is very comfortable with what her son is going to do? She knew what 'Yahoo Yahoo' means.

It shocked me because even till this day, my mother anytime she is praying for me will say, "My son, every good thing you put your hands into will go well with you but if you put hand into evil, it will not go well".

Initially I received this prayer with mixed feelings but now it has become part of my consciousness and I go all out for good things with great confidence that it will work well.

What are parents doing to make the society better? A better society starts from the family unit. All ills of the society are due to failures of the family unit system in one way or the other.

This woman doesn't mind that her son is going to be engaged in something that's not right. What she doesn't know is that the ripple effect of her son's acts can consume her too.

As a parent, you may not be able to monitor your Children's actions especially once they have come of age but always make your stand known on issues right from when they are kids and stick to it into old age.

No matter how far they may go from you, they'll still return with what you inculcated in them.

There is nothing like 'civilization' in training a Child the right way; the principles of training a child are eternal. Don't let the society bend your thinking.

ES

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by habsydiamond(m): 3:14pm On Nov 30, 2021
Many parents are in support of their children engaging in yahoo yahoo... Let me shock u further. I knew a woman then that use to wake her son up at midnight to speak to clients ooo.. Na bad parenting plenty pass for this country.
Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by devilmaycry: 3:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
habsydiamond:
Many parents are in support of their children engaging in yahoo yahoo... Let me shock u further. I knew a woman then that use to wake her son up at midnight to speak to clients ooo.. Na bad parenting plenty pass for this country.

Ahhhhhh

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by habsydiamond(m): 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
devilmaycry:

Ahhhhhh
oga u never see anything.. Some go even go to the extent of going fetish for their children to be successful in the yahoo biz

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by Deborah98(f): 3:30pm On Nov 30, 2021
Different strokes for different folks, things happen to serve as remainder and for a purpose. I would have said he went in search of greener pastures but the path he took wrong,living off people's hardwork,sweat and resources just to squander it in few hours if not days. Yeah I'm aware of some parents supporting their children in their evil and reckless living but do bear in mind that repercussions also happen at the end. My parents will instead have me stay at home and sleep on an empty stomach than watch me do things that to them doesn't give glory to God or speak well of them( my parents and my upbringing). I don't support Yahoo Yahoo till tomorrow, infact any day I'll be the reason for someone to question God's existence or even cry himself or herself to bed on account of any dubious lifestyle or fraud God should take my life. Omo people Sha no too get conscience again,Sapa and poverty has really blinded the eyes of the understanding of some people and have set their hearts against good judgments. God help us.

3 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by EmekaStanley: 3:32pm On Nov 30, 2021
habsydiamond:
This is really heart breaking
Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by EmekaStanley: 3:34pm On Nov 30, 2021
Deborah98:
Different strokes for different folks, things happen to serve as remainder and for a purpose. I would have said he went in search of greener pastures but the path he took wrong,living off people's hardwork,sweat and resources just to squander it in few hours if not days. Yeah I'm aware of some parents supporting their children in their evil and reckless living but do bear in mind that repercussions also happen at the end. My parents will instead have me stay at home and sleep on an empty stomach than watch me do things that to them doesn't give glory to God or speak well of them( my parents and my upbringing). I don't support Yahoo Yahoo till tomorrow, infact any day I'll be the reason for someone to question God's existence or even cry himself or herself to bed on account of any dubious lifestyle or fraud God should take my life. Omo people Sha no too get conscience again,Sapa and poverty has really blinded the eyes of the understanding of some people and have set their hearts against good judgments. God help us.
Well written.

You have great values in you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by habsydiamond(m): 3:35pm On Nov 30, 2021
EmekaStanley:
This is really heart breaking
money can cause anything to those that are greedy. On top this some will even go to the point of turning their selves to slave running errands for their children all because of the little change they will be given from this criminal act
Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by EmekaStanley: 3:38pm On Nov 30, 2021
habsydiamond:
money can cause anything to those that are greedy. On top this some will even go to the point of turning their selves to slave running errands for their children all because of the little change they will be given from this criminal act
If something is not done on this, our society will be a mess in 10 years time
Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2021
criminals and demons will always try to make some sense of their evil deeds....and many hypocrites out there wont care where you get money so long as you dash them some.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by habsydiamond(m): 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
EmekaStanley:
we are already in the mess oo.. Now students of jss 1/2 don't want to go to school again b4 of yahoo yahoo.. Cos they see it as an easy way to acquire wealth... The reason why some commodities are expensive is majorly because of these fraudsters... They don't price b4 buying, call ur price they pay. It has been said that the money not worked for is always spent anyhow.
Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by EmekaStanley: 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2021
habsydiamond:
we are already in the mess oo.. Now students of jss 1/2 don't want to go to school again b4 of yahoo yahoo.. Cos they see it as an easy way to acquire wealth... The reason why some commodities are expensive is majorly because of these fraudsters... They don't price b4 buying, call ur price they pay. It has been said that the money not worked for is always spent anyhow.
You have really thought deeply into this.

There has to be a way out.
Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by habsydiamond(m): 3:59pm On Nov 30, 2021
EmekaStanley:
You have really thought deeply into this.

There has to be a way out.
even with the way government is handling this yahoo yahoo act.. It's not reducing at all.. Many kill going into it. Our security agencies are not even helping matters, all they do is stop those boys and girls to collect money only and will want this country to be good. If we want this act to reduce if not stopped all caught in the act must be arrested, prosecuted and jailed. Maybe if that is done, the younger ones coming in can change their mind towards venturing into it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by Richy4(m): 4:13pm On Nov 30, 2021
When u guys baptize it with that name yahoo yahoo, it makes it look nice and sound sweet to the ears...

Maybe it about time people starts calling it what it actually is.., like
>>> Fraud...
>>> scam
>>>Dupe Etc.

Instead of saying words like are u into yahoo,..
Try something like are you into fraud?.. or do u defraud people?.. So u are a scam artist? Etc.
Just watch their reaction as well because those words doesn't sound nice

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by adebayour26: 4:17pm On Nov 30, 2021
habsydiamond:
Ahhhhh, Jeessuuu
Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by adebayour26: 4:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
EmekaStanley:
Did I hear you say 10 years?

That's too far.
I give it 5 years.
Secondary school students already asking teachers stylishly that "how many of you teachers have a car...?
What do you expect?

If the foundation be destroyed, what can a righteous do. Governments are not helping matters. Social media nko, musicians nko) songs like." wire, wire, Ki n sa ti lowo"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by EmekaStanley: 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
adebayour26:

Did I hear you say 10 years?

That's too far.
I give it 5 years.
Secondary school students already asking teachers stylishly that "how many of you teachers have a car...?
What do you expect?

If the foundation be destroyed, what can a righteous do. Governments are not helping matters. Social media nko, musicians nko) songs like." wire, wire, Ki n sa ti lowo"
What do you think are ways these can be nipped in the bud?
Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by EmekaStanley: 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2021
habsydiamond:
even with the way government is handling this yahoo yahoo act.. It's not reducing at all.. Many kill going into it. Our security agencies are not even helping matters, all they do is stop those boys and girls to collect money only and will want this country to be good. If we want this act to reduce if not stopped all caught in the act must be arrested, prosecuted and jailed. Maybe if that is done, the younger ones coming in can change their mind towards venturing into it.
What about the parents, how can they be made to take responsibility?
Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by Odoogu(m): 4:29pm On Nov 30, 2021
Well to future parents ....
Y'all should learn form it and not just castigate.
Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by adebayour26: 4:49pm On Nov 30, 2021
EmekaStanley:
What do you think are ways these can be nipped in the bud?
I really don't know, Bro.

Ìgboro tí dàrú (The streets have been messed up)
The mind of most youths are already corrupted and polluted. Unfortunately, these parents are not helping matters.

I wouldn't blame them cos some of them (Parents) were uncultured as at the time they were impregnated (not legally married), so what do you expect from such mother or the father.

Let me share a screenshot from a video I saw online some days ago, and it's so absurd to know that the videos were actually taken by adult.

Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by habsydiamond(m): 4:59pm On Nov 30, 2021
EmekaStanley:
What about the parents, how can they be made to take responsibility?
any parent caught in possession with funds, things owned such as lands, houses, cars, money, jewelry gotten from fraudulent act should be prosecuted just like their children.
Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by Klass99(f): 5:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by habsydiamond(m): 5:07pm On Nov 30, 2021
Klass99:

grin

Is it possible that she didn't know or understand the nature of his work and she thought he was a night shift call center agent, who works from home?

Who am I kidding? Irresponsible and bad parents exist, yet some people will open mouth waa and want to debate the issue.
the worst part is that some people even see yahoo yahoo like a white collar job oo
Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by Mariangeles(f): 5:13pm On Nov 30, 2021
What you should do is to stop buying agbo from that woman! Before gi ñugbuo onwe gi. smiley
Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by EmekaStanley: 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
That's a viable suggestion

habsydiamond:
any parent caught in possession with funds, things owned such as lands, houses, cars, money, jewelry gotten from fraudulent act should be prosecuted just like their children.
Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by EmekaStanley: 5:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
Lolzz....quite funny
Mariangeles:
What you should do is to stop buying agbo from that woman! Before gi ñugbuo onwe gi. smiley
Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by EmekaStanley: 5:21pm On Nov 30, 2021
This is really gory

adebayour26:

I really don't know, Bro.

Ìgboro tí dàrú (The streets have been messed up)
The mind of most youths are already corrupted and polluted. Unfortunately, these parents are not helping matters.

I wouldn't blame them cos some of them (Parents) were uncultured as at the time they were impregnated (not legally married), so what do you expect from such mother or the father.

Let me share a screenshot from a video I saw online some days ago, and it's so absurd to know that the videos were actually taken by adult.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by Klass99(f): 5:51pm On Nov 30, 2021

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by EmekaStanley: 6:01pm On Nov 30, 2021
Were the perpetrators Nigerians?

Klass99:

I think it's physical poverty,as well as poverty of the mind and spirit that causes this.

Al Jazeera did a documentary on cyber crime which had me glued to my TV, like kilode? The documentary was titled The Philippines' Queen of Extortion.

Victims were committing suicide in cities across the globe, yet, she and her crew didn't give a damn, it didn't stop them from doing what they wanted.

They even throw end of year Christmas parties, where expensive gift items are given out to the best performer with the highest amount of money from scams/extortions.

Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by EmekaStanley: 6:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
Please Can the mod push this to the page in the front?
Re: What I Witnessed On Sunday This Week by Klass99(f): 6:21pm On Nov 30, 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confused: What State Should I Do My NYSC? / Why Are Human Beings So Heartless To Their Fellow Humans? Pics / Doing "business"/too Cheap With Wife And Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.