Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time (922 Views)

How I Prophesied The Passing Of TB JOSHUA / Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) / Muslim Girl Converts To Christianity In Jos And It's Causing Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by paxonel(m): 4:22pm On Nov 30, 2021
Isaiah 9:7 Of the increase of his government(referring to the government of Jesus which is Christianity in the heart of people on this earth) and peace, there shall be no end...

Meaning, the Christianity we practice today will never end, because it is God's kingdom on this earth.
Consequently, this world we are living has no end because Christianity is here.

So, what is Christianity?
It is the religion Jesus established on earth the day he was crucified and resurrected approximately 2000 years ago.
Of what benefit is the Christian faith to believers?
It gives everlasting life to everyone that believes. John 3:16
Meaning, we live on this earth forever, we don't die, death has been defeated on the cross 1 Corinthians 15:54-55
Meaning, we are already in God's kingdom Colossians 1:13

Having understood this, there is no point being religious anymore, all we need to do is to live our lives freely, and go about our normal lives pursuing our carrier in all Ernest and without any fear, showing love to people according to the teachings of Christ with our resources, because Christianity is Love.

And whether you are believer or not, by default you will certainly find yourself pursuing a carrier, sometimes you wake up early morning and you are off to duty in your office, everyday.
Then, imagine after all these you die as an unbeliever, that means you are the one that have lost.
But what if you die as a believer, then you have gain, it means you were wise.

Romans 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

The literal meaning of this statement is : If we die as Christians, we believe that we shall also be raised to be Christians to live on, and not raised to be Muslims or any other faith.
To live with him(with Christ) means to live as a Christian.

But where you are not a Christian you are condemned the day you die, no resurrection for you inspite that you have worked hard and even used your resources to help the needy. John 3:18
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by paxonel(m): 4:24pm On Nov 30, 2021
Absolutely
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by Proximo73: 4:32pm On Nov 30, 2021
a simplified version but yet, complicated to the deaf
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by paxonel(m): 4:41pm On Nov 30, 2021
grin
Proximo73:
a simplified version but yet, complicated to the deaf
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by AntiChristian: 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
paxonel:
Isaiah 9:7 Of the increase of his government(referring to the government of Jesus which is Christianity in the heart of people on this earth) and peace, there shall be no end...

Meaning, the Christianity we practice today will never end, because it is God's kingdom on this earth.
Consequently, this world we are living has no end because Christianity is here.

So, what is Christianity?
It is the religion Jesus established on earth the day he was crucified and resurrected approximately 2000 years ago.
Of what benefit is the Christian faith to believers?
It gives everlasting life to everyone that believes. John 3:16
Meaning, we live on this earth forever, we don't die, death has been defeated on the cross 1 Corinthians 15:54-55
Meaning, we are already in God's kingdom Colossians 1:13

Having understood this, there is no point being religious anymore, all we need to do is to live our lives freely, and go about our normal lives pursuing our carrier in all Ernest and without any fear, showing love to people according to the teachings of Christ with our resources, because Christianity is Love.

And whether you are believer or not, by default you will certainly find yourself pursuing a carrier, sometimes you wake up early morning and you are off to duty in your office, everyday.
Then, imagine after all these you die as an unbeliever, that means you are the one that have lost.
But what if you die as a believer, then you have gain, it means you were wise.

Romans 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

The literal meaning of this statement is : If we die as Christians, we believe that we shall also be raised to be Christians to live on, and not raised to be Muslims or any other faith.
To live with him(with Christ) means to live as a Christian.

But where you are not a Christian you are condemned the day you die, no resurrection for you inspite that you have worked hard and even used your resources to help the needy. John 3:18

So where did Isaiah mentioned Christianity in the Bible?
Where did Jesus mention Christianity in the Bible as his religion?
Even the word "Christian" was mentioned a couple of times after Jesus left this world!

You guys sabi misyarn!

3 Likes

Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by paxonel(m): 8:52pm On Nov 30, 2021
AntiChristian:

So where did Isaiah mentioned Christianity in the Bible?
Where did Jesus mention Christianity in the Bible as his religion?
Even the word "Christian" was mentioned a couple of times after Jesus left this world!
it's not about the word used, it is about the identity of the faith.
I mean, Yoruba can use the word Jesu, it doesn't matter so long they are referring to that identity called Jesus by the English today.
And i can tell you that the word Christian wasn't used in the original text of the Hebrews.

Also, the bible used a lot of synonyms which were later evolved to some other kind or words we use today that were never so in the bible. And you know, the only thing that is constant in life is change.
See, whenever you see the words God's kingdom or Faith or Heaven, or kingdom of heaven in the bible, they were all synonyms used in place of the religion that was to be established by Jesus Christ, and that religion is no other, but what is known as Christianity today

For instance,

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand

he was simply telling the people, repent, the time he will die and resurrect is at hand.
Meaning, his death and resurrection marked the kingdom of God, that was the establishment of a religion. (You can choose to call the religion whatever name you like if you do not like the word Christianity, like i said, the name does not matter, what mstters is the identity called Jesus Christ today).

You guys sabi misyarn !
it's true that there are many Christians(not all) who misyarn because they are yet to understand the basics of the religion they practice inspite that they attend church every Sunday, so it is with other religions too.
I have friends who were born into Islam, yet they lack the basic understanding of what the religion stands for too.
It's normal.

But it's a problem.
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by calebbintus: 9:13pm On Nov 30, 2021
Christianity that has ended already

1 Like

Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by paxonel(m): 11:45pm On Nov 30, 2021
calebbintus:
Christianity that has ended already

with already over 560 Billion Adherents worldwide after2000 years?
Matthew 31:32
Something that started with just 120 adherents? Act 1:15

Keep dreaming the drrams grin

The question you should ask yourself is, how did Jesus Christ knew that the mustard seed will grow to be such a big tree?
Can a mere human say something 2000 years ago and we see the thing happening today?
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by AntiChristian: 8:28am On Dec 01, 2021
paxonel:
it's not about the word used, it is about the identity of the faith.
I mean, Yoruba can use the word Jesu, it doesn't matter so long they are referring to that identity called Jesus by the English today.
And i can tell you that the word Christian wasn't used in the original text of the Hebrews.

Also, the bible used a lot of synonyms which were later evolved to some other kind or words we use today that were never so in the bible. And you know, the only thing that is constant in life is change.
See, whenever you see the words God's kingdom or Faith or Heaven, or kingdom of heaven in the bible, they were all synonyms used in place of the religion that was to be established by Jesus Christ, and that religion is no other, but what is known as Christianity today

I think it should be about the word used. You said Isaiah Prophesized the coming of Christianity in his time but in reality he never mentioned anything close to that. And of cos ''Christianous" was used in Acts 11:26. The sentence was "The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch." So how did Isaiah predicted this and never mentioned ''Christianous" as the writer of Acts did above?

I still stand that there was no religion in the Bible!
For instance,

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand

he was simply telling the people, repent, the time he will die and resurrect is at hand.
Meaning, his death and resurrection marked the kingdom of God, that was the establishment of a religion. (You can choose to call the religion whatever name you like if you do not like the word Christianity, like i said, the name does not matter, what mstters is the identity called Jesus Christ today).
it's true that there are many Christians(not all) who misyarn because they are yet to understand the basics of the religion they practice inspite that they attend church every Sunday, so it is with other religions too.
I have friends who were born into Islam, yet they lack the basic understanding of what the religion stands for too.
It's normal.

But it's a problem.

How can you interpret the "kingdom of God is at hand" to mean the time he will die and resurrect is at hand? lipsrsealed Jesus did not for once told anyone he will die and resurrect in plain words.

So what does John mean when he was saying a similar thing?

In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.” This is he who was spoken of through the prophet Isaiah: “A voice of one calling in the wilderness,
Matthew 3:1-3

1 Like

Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by paxonel(m): 10:28am On Dec 01, 2021
AntiChristian:

I think it should be about the word used. You said Isaiah Prophesized the coming of Christianity in his time but in reality he never mentioned anything close to that. And of cos ''Christianous" was used in Acts 11:26. The sentence was "The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch." So how did Isaiah predicted this and never mentioned ''Christianous" as the writer of Acts did above?
I have explained that the only constant in life is change
Ofcourse, you don't expect Isaiah to mention Christian as there was no such word in his time because names may have change over time(remember thousands of centuries may have elapsed between the days of Isaiah and the days of Christ as a thousand years is like one day before God.
The basic idea is that Isaiah prophesied to the Jews that there was going to be a Messiah, And in all indication that Messiah is Jesus Christ. And we all know that the Christian religion of today has it origin from that same Christ

I still stand that there was no religion in the Bible!
do you have any reason for saying this?

How can you interpret the "kingdom of God is at hand" to mean the time he will die and resurrect is at hand? lipsrsealed Jesus did not for once told anyone he will die and resurrect in plain words.
ofcourse he wouldn't possibly say it in plain words.
But those of us who have read what he said metaphorically we know what he meant.

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

So what does John mean when he was saying a similar thing?

In those days John the Baptist came, preaching in the wilderness of Judea and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.” This is he who was spoken of through the prophet Isaiah: “A voice of one calling in the wilderness,
Matthew 3:1-3
the same thing Jesus Christ meant in Matthew 4:17 by saying repent for the kingdom of God is at hand, that is the same thing John the Baptist preached.
John the baptist was more or less like another prophet Isaiah repeating what the prophet Isaiah said in the old testament about Jesus Christ, but this time the emphasis was that the time is at hand.

You know what it means to say it is at hand?
It means the kingdom is about to happen right now, the Messiah or the Christ is already hear and he is about to be crucified right now.
That was what John the baptism meant by saying the kingdom of God is at hand.
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by AntiChristian: 1:56pm On Dec 01, 2021
paxonel:
I have explained that the only constant in life is change
Ofcourse, you don't expect Isaiah to mention Christian as there was no such word in his time because names may have change over time(remember thousands of centuries may have elapsed between the days of Isaiah and the days of Christ as a thousand years is like one day before God.
The basic idea is that Isaiah prophesied to the Jews that there was going to be a Messiah, And in all indication that Messiah is Jesus Christ. And we all know that the Christian religion of today has it origin from that same Christ

So since Isaiah did not mention Christianity and Jesus did not start Christianity why say Isaiah prophesized Christianity in his time?

do you have any reason for saying this?
No mention of any religion in the Bible!

of course he wouldn't possibly say it in plain words.
But those of us who have read what he said metaphorically we know what he meant.

John 2:19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

This verse can be explained with the verses from Matthew 12:38-42

Then some of the scribes and Pharisees told Jesus,[a] “Teacher, we want to see a sign from you.”

But he replied to them, “An evil and adulterous generation craves a sign. Yet no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah, because just as Jonah was in the stomach of the sea creature for three days and three nights, so the Son of Man will be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights.

Did Jonah die in the fish? No! That means Jesus never died at all.

the same thing Jesus Christ meant in Matthew 4:17 by saying repent for the kingdom of God is at hand, that is the same thing John the Baptist preached.
John the baptist was more or less like another prophet Isaiah repeating what the prophet Isaiah said in the old testament about Jesus Christ, but this time the emphasis was that the time is at hand.

You know what it means to say it is at hand?
It means the kingdom is about to happen right now, the Messiah or the Christ is already hear and he is about to be crucified right now.
That was what John the baptism meant by saying the kingdom of God is at hand.

There's no metaphor that can relate the kingdom of God/heaven is at hand to "Jesus Christ is about to be crucified" You can bring the Bible verse that explains this.

Matthew 3:2
“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

Even Checking the context below does not insinuated what you are saying. Jesus met the disciples after preaching the kingdom of God is at hand so i wonder who understood it as you are twisting it to be.

After the arrest of John, Jesus went into Galilee and proclaimed the gospel of God. “The time is fulfilled,” He said, “and the kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe in the gospel!” As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, He saw Simon and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the sea, for they were fishermen.

So where does the interpretation Kingdom of God or Kingdom of heaven is near mean Jesus will be crucified soon in the Bible?
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by sonmvayina(m): 2:00pm On Dec 01, 2021
I have read the whole of Isaiah, how come I never found any Jesus in it...

Or maybe you are mistranslating what he wrote...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by paxonel(m): 8:10pm On Dec 01, 2021
AntiChristian:

So since Isaiah did not mention Christianity and Jesus did not start Christianity why say Isaiah prophesized Christianity in his time?

No mention of any religion in the Bible!

This verse can be explained with the verses from Matthew 12:38-42

Then some of the scribes and Pharisees told Jesus,[a] “Teacher, we want to see a sign from you.”

But he replied to them, “An evil and adulterous generation craves a sign. Yet no sign will be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah, because just as Jonah was in the stomach of the sea creature for three days and three nights, so the Son of Man will be in the heart of the earth for three days and three nights.

Did Jonah die in the fish? No! That means Jesus never died at all.

There's no metaphor that can relate the kingdom of God/heaven is at hand to "Jesus Christ is about to be crucified" You can bring the Bible verse that explains this.

Matthew 3:2
“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

Even Checking the context below does not insinuated what you are saying. Jesus met the disciples after preaching the kingdom of God is at hand so i wonder who understood it as you are twisting it to be.

After the arrest of John, Jesus went into Galilee and proclaimed the gospel of God. “The time is fulfilled,” He said, “and the kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe in the gospel!” As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, He saw Simon and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the sea, for they were fishermen.

So where does the interpretation Kingdom of God or Kingdom of heaven is near mean Jesus will be crucified soon in the Bible?
cheesy grin
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by paxonel(m): 8:10pm On Dec 01, 2021
Next
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by paxonel(m): 8:11pm On Dec 01, 2021
sonmvayina:
I have read the whole of Isaiah, how come I never found any Jesus in it...

Or maybe you are mistranslating what he wrote...
another one
grin grin
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by paxonel(m): 8:12pm On Dec 01, 2021
Next
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by Proximo73: 8:16pm On Dec 01, 2021
paxonel:
grin
so, why ignoring their response,you bad o ?

grin
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by paxonel(m): 8:19pm On Dec 01, 2021
Proximo73:
so, why ignoring their response,you bad o ?

grin

The post wasn't meant for Muslims or any unbeliever who enjoys reading bible
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by paxonel(m): 8:24pm On Dec 01, 2021
Next
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by sonmvayina(m): 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2021
paxonel:
another one
grin grin

Prove me wrong...I am willing to learn.
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by paxonel(m): 8:50pm On Dec 01, 2021
sonmvayina:

Prove me wrong...I am willing to learn.
there are better things to learn in the Quran, not this one grin

Your brain cannot carry this one grin
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by sonmvayina(m): 8:52pm On Dec 01, 2021
paxonel:
there are better things to learn in the Quran, not this one grin

Your brain cannot carry this one grin

I am not a Muslim

I am not a Christian..

I am just s guy who tries to follow God's laws and commandments just like he asked..
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by paxonel(m): 7:53am On Dec 02, 2021
sonmvayina:

I am not a Muslim

I am not a Christian..

I am just s guy who tries to follow God's laws and commandments just like he asked..
then you don't have any wahalla!
Just follow your conscience you have followed God's law.
It is not until you are a Christian before you can follow God's law and live better
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by Proximo73: 8:06am On Dec 02, 2021
paxonel:

you will certainly find yourself pursuing a carrier, sometimes you wake up early morning and you are off to duty in your office, everyday.
do we really need to have a carrier before we can keep God's laws and commandments?
I doubt because the conscience is both owned by the rich and poor who may not have any carrier
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by sonmvayina(m): 8:06am On Dec 02, 2021
paxonel:
then you don't have any wahalla!
Just follow your conscience you have followed God's law.
It is not until you are a Christian before you can follow God's law all live better

What about those who where born before Jesus?
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by paxonel(m): 3:26pm On Dec 02, 2021
sonmvayina:

What about those who where born before Jesus?
still the same thing
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by paxonel(m): 3:37pm On Dec 02, 2021
Proximo73:
do we really need to have a carrier before we can keep God's laws and commandments?
I doubt because the conscience is both owned by the rich and poor who may not have any carrier

very true, but having conscience isn't enough, just like a mere wish to acquire a commodity in a market isn't enough. Your demand must be backed up with your ability to pay for the commodity

The same thing applies, Christ encourage giving. But if your wish is to give to the poor and you lack the resources to give is that your wish not defeated?
That's why it is important that one should have a carrier and source of income.
Your good heart or self -will must be backed up by your ability to present the resources
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by paxonel(m): 3:42pm On Dec 02, 2021
Yes
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by calebbintus: 1:46pm On Jan 07, 2022
paxonel:

with already over 560 Billion Adherents worldwide after2000 years?
Matthew 31:32
Something that started with just 120 adherents? Act 1:15

Keep dreaming the drrams grin

The question you should ask yourself is, how did Jesus Christ knew that the mustard seed will grow to be such a big tree?
Can a mere human say something 2000 years ago and we see the thing happening today?

Christianity is dead. Jesus is dead.
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by paxonel(m): 2:29pm On Jan 07, 2022
calebbintus:

Christianity is dead. Jesus is dead
Re: Isaiah Prophesied The Coming Of Christianity In His Time by calebbintus: 7:26pm On Jan 07, 2022
[quote author=paxonel post=109163551][/quote]

Jesus is dead

(1) (Reply)

The Earthly Kingdom Our Lord Jesus Christ And Of His Saints / Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse / Miracles Or Stage Acts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.