Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,711 members, 7,831,224 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse (943 Views)

CAN Gives PFN Two Weeks To Submit Report On Rape Allegation / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by oteneaaron(m): 6:23pm On Nov 29, 2023
Children of Jehovah’s Witnesses submit report detailing sexual abuse - The Japan Times.

By Karin Kaneko

A group of children of Jehovah’s Witnesses submitted a report detailing sexual abuse within the religious organization to the Children and Families Agency on Tuesday and demanded that action be taken.

Based on a survey conducted on social media by the JW Child Abuse Damage Archive, the report said that the most common perpetrators of sexual abuse were “rank-and-file witnesses” and “elders,” with 35 respondents, who were minors when they were subject to abuse, saying that they believed they had been sexually abused by those in the organization.

“During a fellowship (the practice of socializing over a meal or tea) in our home, a witness came into my room, leaving us alone, pushed me onto the bed and almost had sexual intercourse with me,” one respondent said.

Such incidents mostly occurred at the victims’ homes and assembly halls, or Kingdom Halls, which are a place of worship for Jehovah's Witnesses. More than 90% of the abuse was carried out by members of the same congregation that met regularly.

In addition, 42 respondents, including 15 minors, were also forced to tell elders in a judicial committee — which investigates a witnesses' alleged sin — about their sexual experiences and felt that talking about such things was a form of sexual abuse, with more than 60% saying that they were still struggling to cope with the experience.

Among other findings, 139 respondents said that they were exposed to inappropriate sexual expressions such as “anal sex,” “bestiality” and “MouthAction,” among many others.

Some 137 respondents said that they were minors when they were first exposed to such terms, with 35% of the respondents saying they were under the age of 6 and more than 80% saying they were under the age of 12.

According to the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, “showing or orally conveying materials containing sexually explicit content that is inappropriate for the individual's age under the guise of education” and “forcing someone to talk to religious organization staff about personal experiences related to their sexuality” is considered sexual abuse.

JW Child Abuse Damage Archive conducted the monthlong survey in July by soliciting responses on the social media platform X, with two child psychologists overseeing the results. It received 159 valid answers.

Following the survey, 11 people were interviewed both online and in-person between the end of the survey and Oct. 18.

During a news conference on Tuesday, the founder of the group, who chose to use the pseudonym Michiko, said that the survey was created because few sexual abuse reports are made within the country.

“But at the same time, there are numerous brave individuals who share their experiences of sexual harassment within Jehovah's Witnesses on social media. I, myself, am a survivor of childhood sexual abuse within the Jehovah's Witnesses,” she added.

A second-generation Jehovah’s Witnesses elder, who goes by the pseudonym Yuuki, said[b] that management within the religious organization has been lax in handling reports of sexual abuse and that the organization chose to “focus on maintaining their reputation and avoiding legal responsibility.”[/b]

“Within the organization's handling of internal issues, there was a rule not to address problems unless there were two or more witnesses, which often led to the neglect of cases of sexual abuse against children occurring in an environment without third-party oversight,” Yuuki said.

“In Japan, there is an obligation to report child abuse to child consultation centers, but rather than the elders deciding to make a report, the procedure is to first call the Japan branch for guidance. [b]This raises questions about the organization's intent," [/b]he added.

Source: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2023/11/28/japan/society/jehovas-witnesses-sexual-abuse-report/

1 Like

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by oteneaaron(m): 6:30pm On Nov 29, 2023
In case you missed it,

1. Based on a survey conducted on social media by the JW Child Abuse Damage Archive, the report said that the most common perpetrators of sexual abuse were “rank-and-file witnesses” and “elders,”

2.Such incidents mostly occurred at the victims’ homes and assembly halls, or Kingdom Halls, which are a place of worship for Jehovah's Witnesses.

3. Some 137 respondents said that they were minors when they were first exposed to such terms, with 35% of the respondents saying they were under the age of 6 and more than 80% saying they were under the age of 12.

4. According to the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, “showing or orally conveying materials containing sexually explicit content that is inappropriate for the individual's age under the guise of education” and “forcing someone to talk to religious organization staff about personal experiences related to their sexuality” is considered sexual abuse.

5. Within the organization's handling of internal issues, there was a rule not to address problems unless there were two or more witnesses, which often led to the neglect of cases of sexual abuse against children occurring in an environment without third-party oversight,”

1 Like

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by oteneaaron(m): 6:33pm On Nov 29, 2023
What is it with Jehovah's Witnesses and Child sexual abuse?

They have many child abuse cases in court hanging in their necks - In the USA, in Australia, in England and now in Japan!

Between the Catholic church and Jehovah's Witnesses, who has a higher score of child sexual abuse cases in court?

Makes you think right?

2 Likes

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by oteneaaron(m): 7:23pm On Nov 29, 2023
Cc: Achorladey, Emusan, Maynman, Courz, MightySparrow.

Come and see.

Japan has been hit with the JW Child Sexual Abuse disease.

This is Frontpage material CC: Mynd44, OAM4J

1 Like

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by achorladey: 8:29pm On Nov 29, 2023
oteneaaron:
Cc: Achorladey, Emusan, Maynman, Courz, MightySparrow.

Come and see.

Japan has been hit with the JW Child Sexual Abuse disease.

This is Frontpage material CC: Mynd44, OAM4J

Whenever I see the problems they face regarding child sex abuse cases I compared it to a case when that religious organisation always stating other Christian denominations are false religions based on this same issue.

They too are caught in the same act they use to identify false religions.

They were busy going from one court to the other in New Zealand as well over this same issue fighting tooth and nail to avoid being among the institutions the inquiry about child sexual abuse is investigating in that country

4 Likes

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by WINDSOW(m): 9:51pm On Nov 29, 2023
This sick and hypocritical gatherings of human philosophers, over-sabi "giran" people will not remove the plank in their eyes but will point at the specks in other people eyes.
I even thought JW are more sanctimonious and holier than Pope John Paul II. Stup!d people.
Pedophilia..

3 Likes

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by oteneaaron(m): 6:59am On Nov 30, 2023
achorladey:

Whenever I see the problems they face regarding child sex abuse cases I compared it to a case when that religious organisation always stating other Christian denominations are false religions based on this same issue.

They were busy going from one court to the other in New Zealand as well over this same issue fighting tooth and nail to avoid being among the institutions the inquiry about child sexual abuse is investigating in that country

The stench of the their hypocrisy is too strong.

Now Japan has joined the mix.

2 Likes

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by oteneaaron(m): 7:00am On Nov 30, 2023
WINDSOW:
This sick and hypocritical gatherings of human philosophers, over-sabi "giran" people will not remove the plank in their eyes but will point at the specks in other people eyes.
I even thought JW are more sanctimonious and holier than Pope John Paul II. Stup!d people.
Pedophilia..

Pedophilia is a real pandemic in the Jehovah Witness religion.

3 Likes

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:08am On Nov 30, 2023
Market don ready oooooooooo.
Ọya come select your own! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by MightySparrow: 9:17am On Nov 30, 2023
achorladey:

- Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
Heb.12.14

Can you see why I have been hammering on their delusion ?

They are claiming they are peace loving people but lacking in holiness.

Let them continue in their delusion.

4 Likes

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by Janosky: 9:57am On Nov 30, 2023
oteneaaron:

Pedophilia is a real pandemic in the Jehovah Witness religion.
oteneaaron:

The stench of the their hypocrisy is too strong.

Now Japan has joined the mix.
Hunded fugitive & fraud man expelled from UK university & deceiving himself on nairaland.

You no holy pass sewage dump.

cheesy grin grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by oteneaaron(m): 10:01am On Nov 30, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I knew you couldn't resist the temptation.

Una child sexual abuse career don reach Japan.

When the government of Japan decides to stop giving you grants or decides to ban your organization, you will start screaming persecution.

According to the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, “showing or orally conveying materials containing sexually explicit content that is inappropriate for the individual's age under the guise of education” and “forcing someone to talk to religious organization staff about personal experiences related to their sexuality” is considered sexual abuse.

1 Like

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:05am On Nov 30, 2023
oteneaaron:

I knew you couldn't resist the temptation.
Una child sexual abuse career don reach Japan. When the government of Japan decides to stop giving you grants or decides to ban your organization, you will start screaming persecution.

How market? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by oteneaaron(m): 10:06am On Nov 30, 2023
Janosky:

Hunded fugitive & fraud man expelled from UK university & deceiving himself on nairaland.

cheesy grin grin cheesy

What is it with Jehovahs Witnesses and spreading LIES?

Where is your evidence to prove that -

1. I am a "Hunded fugitive"?

2. I am a "fraud man"?

3. I was expelled from a "UK university"?

2 Likes

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by achorladey: 10:07am On Nov 30, 2023
Janosky:

cheesy grin grin cheesy

na the werey peddling wey dey your brains wey dey make you break rule 11 and in a rush no allow you spell hounded well. Looool!

You wey go school and not expelled. Well, I like the fact that Oteneaaron is a "hunded personality"

you can keep peddling your hounded fugitive from your werey brains henceforth after this correction as we expose your lies and manipulations packed into your fraud peddling brains.

4 Likes

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by oteneaaron(m): 10:08am On Nov 30, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

How market? grin

Lol.

Na me suppose ask you.

Japan has carried your child sexual abuse matter on their head - and your organization will pay dearly for it.

I hope you will not start shouting that they are persecuting you?

1 Like

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by Janosky: 10:13am On Nov 30, 2023
oteneaaron:
What is it with Jehovah's Witnesses and Child sexual abuse?

They have many child abuse cases in court hanging in their necks - In the USA, in Australia, in England and now in Japan!

Between the Catholic church and Jehovah's Witnesses, who has a higher score of child sexual abuse cases in court?

Makes you think right?
Mumu man expelled from UK university for fraud & mysogyny, grin grin
Continue practicing your bigotry & spill the bile in your heart.
If you get liver, name any other faith based organization you have opened series of threads to rant about on this forum.

Everyone knows oteneaaron/courz have anger/mental health issues grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by achorladey: 10:15am On Nov 30, 2023
oteneaaron:

Lol.

Na me suppose ask you.

Japan has carried your child sexual abuse matter on their head - and your organization will pay dearly for it.

I hope you will not start shouting that they are persecuting you?

wetin MaxINDHouse go gain when he cannot speak or engage those he calls...christendom,apostates, agnostics, aheist e.t.c. In order for him to survive on nairaland he must engage all over the above. Looool

he has to keep selling better performing performance group to all of the above packed into his madness and insanities peddling brains to survive and please his GODS of men.

2 Likes

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by achorladey: 10:21am On Nov 30, 2023
oteneaaron:

What is it with Jehovahs Witnesses and spreading LIES?

Where is your evidence to prove that -

1. I am a "Hunded fugitive"?

2. I am a "fraud man"?

3. I was expelled from a "UK university"?

the trait of their GODS of men must manifest in their offspring. What do you expect of a religious organisation that says others are teaching falsehood only to comeback later and accept what they call falsehood is the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by sonmvayina(m): 10:22am On Nov 30, 2023
Max you see one big disadvantage of being a member of a cult..

They rope you to the evil of any member of the cult..

I have always told you to priotise obeying the laws and commandments of the creator rather than be part of a group involved in child sex abuses..

3 Likes

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by oteneaaron(m): 10:24am On Nov 30, 2023
Janosky:

Unlike you, I back every statement with evidence.

Why don't you do the same?

Why don't you show the evidence to prove that I was "expelled from UK university for fraud and mysogyny"?

This should be super easy for you.

My heart is without any bigotry nor bile.

I am only exposing the rot of Child Sexual Abuse in your organization that claims to be the only true religion.

If you get liver, name any other faith based organization you have opened series of threads to rant about on this forum.

Awwn, I hope you don't start crying over these damning exposures of the high rate of child sexual abuse in your organization.

😅😅

My main focus is exposing the true nature of the only true religion in the world aka the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania.

Everyone knows oteneaaron/courz have anger/mental health issues

😅😅😅

Where is your evidence??

4 Likes

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by achorladey: 10:29am On Nov 30, 2023
Janosky:

Everyone knows oteneaaron/courz have anger/mental health issues grin grin

I have evidence that Janosky aka JaNOSENSE aka werey peddling peddler is notorious law breaker of rule number 11 on nairaland.

Carry evidence of your allegations above come. Loooool!

2 Likes

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by oteneaaron(m): 10:29am On Nov 30, 2023
achorladey:

the trait of their GODS of men must manifest in their offspring. What do you expect of a religious organisation that says others are teaching falsehood only to comeback later and accept what they call falsehood is the truth.

It is a never ending cycle.

Accuse others of teaching falsehood, and later on accept the same false teachings as NEW LIGHT.

What a scam of a religion!

3 Likes

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by Janosky: 10:29am On Nov 30, 2023
MightySparrow:

- Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
Heb.12.14

Can you see why I have been hammering on their delusion ?

They are claiming they are peace loving people but lacking in holiness.

Let them continue in their delusion.

Mumu Sparrow Hypocrite, go and clear the mess of your gods of men abusing minors and defiling their marriage bed with atrocious iniquities.
Screenshot proven evidences.

Sparrow,Hammer your delusions, hypocrite grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by oteneaaron(m): 10:31am On Nov 30, 2023
achorladey:

I have evidence that Janosky aka JaNOSENSE aka werey peddling peddler is notorious law breaker of rule number 11 on nairaland.

Carry evidence of your allegations above. Loooool!

Na only explain him go explain tire.

😅😅

He has no single strand of evidence.

2 Likes

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by achorladey: 10:37am On Nov 30, 2023
sonmvayina:

I have always told you to priotise obeying the laws and commandments of the creator rather than be part of a group involved in child sex abuses..

loooool! They believe they are the only and one religious organisation that has the creator backing. Na the delusions sold to members to even belief that that ORGANISATION = the 9 GODS of MEN = voice of Jesus Christ = God.

You need to see a reference material in one Awake of 1987 to see why this your post above will haunt their members for a very long time.
Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by achorladey: 10:41am On Nov 30, 2023
oteneaaron:

It is a never ending cycle.

Accuse others of teaching falsehood, and later on accept the same false teachings as NEW LIGHT.

What a scam of a religion!

The reason I ask them, do christendom teach the truth? They ran away knowing the very day, they answer the question is the very day their madness and insanities they peddle here on nairaland ends. Looool!

2 Likes

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by achorladey: 10:42am On Nov 30, 2023
oteneaaron:

Na only explain him go explain tire.
😅😅
He has no single strand of evidence.
Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by oteneaaron(m): 10:42am On Nov 30, 2023
sonmvayina:

Hahahahaha

MaxInDHouse, Cornelboy, and Janosky says that they are the best performing religion - in child sexual abuse.

😅😅

2 Likes

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by achorladey: 10:48am On Nov 30, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

see the madness and insanities peddling from your brains I talked about. You are now marketing what you will call apostate materials with your better performing performance group.

Expect recommendation from your GODS as helper to the Governing Body. Loooool!
Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by oteneaaron(m): 10:49am On Nov 30, 2023
achorladey:

The reason I ask them, do christendom teach the truth? They ran away knowing the very day, they answer the question is the very day their madness and insanities they peddle here on nairaland ends. Looool!

That is a trillion dollar question.

😅😅

2 Likes

Re: Children Of Jehovah’s Witnesses Submit Report Detailing Sexual Abuse by MightySparrow: 10:51am On Nov 30, 2023
Janosky:

Mumu Sparrow Hypocrite, go and clear the mess of your gods of men abusing minors and defiling their marriage bed with atrocious iniquities.
Screenshot proven evidences.

Sparrow,Hammer your delusions, hypocrite grin grin

How is the only pure religion of the only 'anointed' be involved in child abuse? We can still take those of us that don't claim to be perfect?

You even claim that Jesus is going to kill us at Armageddon. When did Jesus tell you that?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fighting For God / Nothing Exists Without Christ! / Praise The Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.