Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

What Is Hell Like? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Hell Like? (2035 Views)

Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell / How True Is Hell Fire? / What Is Hell Like For Dead Foetuses, Stillborns And Little Children Who Die Youn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Hell Like? by Outbreed(m): 8:50am On Jul 27, 2007
I can't imagine what heaven is like, but I think I know hell.

People always think of fire and demons with pitchforks. I don't see it that way though, physical pain is nothing next to mental/spiritual suffering.

To me hell is just a land of isolation. I think in hell there is nothing. To be aware of everything that's happening, but yet nothing is happening. You can't fight against it, because there's nothing to fight against, so you fight against yourself. In hell you wish you were dead, you're suicidal, but there's no way out. An eternity of nothing, not even physical pain to remind you of the feeling of being alive.

Maybe that's just my hell though.
Re: What Is Hell Like? by nana(f): 10:46am On Jul 27, 2007
Nice observation/analysis.
Re: What Is Hell Like? by PawPaw3(m): 11:07am On Jul 27, 2007
Hell is Lagos and Heaven is the south of France.
Re: What Is Hell Like? by nana(f): 11:14am On Jul 27, 2007
Paw-Paw:

Hell is Lagos and Heaven is the south of France.
lol
Re: What Is Hell Like? by Kuns: 12:16pm On Jul 27, 2007
Well, if heaven is suppose to be up there then Hell is down here on earth.

Hell is any hellish situation that you find yourself in.
Re: What Is Hell Like? by PawPaw3(m): 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2007
Hell is real o my brother. Repent now.
Re: What Is Hell Like? by otuwe(f): 2:51pm On Jul 27, 2007
maybe u should take a trip there so u cud jist the nairalanders grin grin

dont forget to go with ur mtn. u know its the best connection whereever u go wink wink
Re: What Is Hell Like? by ajadrage: 3:01pm On Jul 27, 2007
If you really wanna know the real truth, if you believe that there is a creator who made you and wants the best for you, if you believe that there is reason, somehow for your being here, you wouldn't wanna bother yourself about thots of hell, rather, you go strive to receive from that promise of the life after this one here. He did it before, he'll do it again. Just tell him you wanna be with him after this shit of a life, hell, it will cease to exist. And that na the word my children smiley
Re: What Is Hell Like? by Aproko(f): 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2007
Outbreed:

Maybe that's just my hell though.

quite an interesting hell you have!! perhaps you should trade it for a heaven!! grin cheesy grin
Re: What Is Hell Like? by Outbreed(m): 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2007
quite an interesting hell you have!! perhaps you should trade it for a heaven!!

LOL. I have one of those too, but I can't imagine what that would be like. Hopefully one day I'll find out (and then come back here to tell you all about it). grin
Re: What Is Hell Like? by Kuns: 4:41pm On Jul 27, 2007
@All

Heaven and hell are right here on planet Earth in the person of fleshy people. Heaven and hell are states of condition; whatever condition you find yourself in at any place or time is your heaven and/or hell.
Re: What Is Hell Like? by Aproko(f): 5:57pm On Jul 27, 2007
Outbreed:

LOL. I have one of those too, but I can't imagine what that would be like. Hopefully one day I'll find out (and then come back here to tell you all about it). grin

you know they say home is where the heart is, and where the heart is is usually where you have laid your treasure. so i try so hard to focus on the positive and lay my treasures in heaven so that i dont have to bother about hell. and somehow, i dont think i'm living in denial either.

perhaps you could try that. i'm sure it will be a better place than that hell! smiley, but if you insist on checking out both places, start with heaven! wink smiley
Re: What Is Hell Like? by MsEbz(f): 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2007
There probably isn't a hell but if I had to take a guess on what one would be like, really hot.
Re: What Is Hell Like? by Pain(m): 3:21pm On Jul 28, 2007
Wait Till U Get There.
Re: What Is Hell Like? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:16am On Jul 31, 2007
Check this link and see what heaven and hell is like grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-62400.0.html
Re: What Is Hell Like? by redsun(m): 7:32pm On Aug 01, 2007
Hell is ignorance.
Re: What Is Hell Like? by nossycheek(f): 12:57pm On Aug 02, 2007
Hell is here, heaven is there.

To be more precise, hell is suffering.
Re: What Is Hell Like? by smile11s(m): 3:30pm On Aug 02, 2007
hell is just a temporary place to pay for your sins
Re: What Is Hell Like? by Kuns: 4:00pm On Aug 09, 2007
The concept of hell is something that was created in the hearts and minds of the authors of your Bible and Koran. Before you were informed of what and where hell was, it never crossed your mind to even think about it. So, within the pages of your scriptures hell was born. Just as a God could not exist without the devil, heaven could not exist if there wasn’t a hell.

So where did hell come from? It didn’t exist in Adam’s, Noah’s, nor Abraham’s time. It is something that was fabricated so that they could capitalize off of your fear.
Re: What Is Hell Like? by doyenn(m): 5:01pm On Aug 09, 2007
Heli Hell Hell that's something we must run from even though some believe is not existing,some believers agree with what god has described and nknow for sure that it's existing and real. All the prophet also told us how real it is and even the satan also confirmed it.We are humans and doesnot have the power to question God or any of his rules.

HELL is a place reserved for those people who're in doubt of God existing and all of its rules.They deviate from what God has enjooined us to do and keep on disbelieving in his ways and guidlines.These people keeps doing it till they died and does not have the time to repent from their evil ways.

Even though is meant for the unbelievers,some believers wld still pass through it b4 their be clinsed and freed to join other in the garden.
Re: What Is Hell Like? by pilgrim1(f): 10:07pm On Aug 09, 2007
doyenn:

Even though is meant for the unbelievers,some believers would still pass through it before their be clinsed and freed to join other in the garden.

I would respect that as long as it is your own view or understanding of the subject as a Muslim.

However, the idea of 'passing through' hell for cleansing is not taught in the Bible. Once a person lands in that dreadful place, there is a note of finality! No 'passing through' at all.

Luke 16:26 -- "And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence."
Re: What Is Hell Like? by Kuns: 7:25pm On Aug 20, 2007
The concept of hell is something that was created in the hearts and minds of the authors of your Bible and Koran. Before you were informed of what and where hell was, it never crossed your mind to even think about it. So, within the pages of your scriptures hell was born. Just as a God could not exist without the devil, heaven could not exist if there wasn’t a hell.

So where did hell come from? It didn’t exist in Adam’s, Noah’s, nor Abraham’s time. It is something that was fabricated so that they could capitalize off of your fear.
Re: What Is Hell Like? by firestar(f): 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2007
You want to know what hell is like? The exact opposite of what you are doing right now, LIVING. lipsrsealed
"tHE LIVING ARE CONSCIOUS THAT THEY WOULD DIE, BUT AS FOR DEAD, THEY CONSCIOUS OF NOTHING AT ALL, " Eccl:9:1-5
Re: What Is Hell Like? by Njoy1(f): 2:11am On Aug 21, 2007
We'll never know.
Re: What Is Hell Like? by nawa1(m): 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2007
redsun:

Hell is ignorance.

i 2nd that smiley . . . aplause . . .it's amazing how you sum it all in just a word.
Re: What Is Hell Like? by mazaje(m): 7:22pm On Aug 21, 2007

This is quite true because there was no where in the bible where it was written that people went to hell during the times of abraham,noah,adam and moses. i have not heard of it.
Re: What Is Hell Like? by ssRhino: 12:18am On Aug 24, 2007
Hell is like sitting your ass on a hot stove and cant stand up for years and you have no more tears left for you to cry
Re: What Is Hell Like? by BABEELOVE(f): 12:39am On Aug 24, 2007
When you are broke and cannot take care of you or your family! cry
Re: What Is Hell Like? by ssRhino: 1:59am On Aug 24, 2007
Babeelove, hell is worse than that, cos when you broke and cant feed ya family, Dada and mama or even your in-law could help, and even you are in da western world, u could go to the food bank, but in hell, no one can help u, even devil will fartt in ya face
Re: What Is Hell Like? by BABEELOVE(f): 3:10am On Aug 24, 2007
$$Rhino:

Babeelove, hell is worse than that, because when you broke and can't feed ya family, Dada and mama or even your in-law could help, and even you are in da western world, u could go to the food bank, but in hell, no one can help u, even devil will fart in ya face

cheesy Okay! If you say so!!!
Re: What Is Hell Like? by Kuns: 3:08pm On Aug 24, 2007
The concept of hell is something that was created in the hearts and minds of the authors of your Bible and Koran.

Hell’s here.

Earth is the Devil’s kingdom, and playground. Everything you can imagine that is in hell, you can find right here on Earth now. Such as:

Burning in fire – to watch loved ones burn is to be in hell
People being hung upside down – the Disciples of Jesus were hung upside down
Being eaten alive – there are diseases that eat people while they are alive

Medical prove that hell is here on earth ,  http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/Necrotizing-Fasciitis-Flesh-Eating-Bacteria-Topic-Overview
Re: What Is Hell Like? by cgift(m): 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2007
Kuns:

The concept of hell is something that was created in the hearts and minds of the authors of your Bible and Koran.

People being hung upside down – the Disciples of Jesus were hung upside down
Being eaten alive – there are diseases that eat people while they are alive

I am always at loss whn i read Kuns mak referencs to Jesus when in actual fact he does not believe he ever existed? I am just worried.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Audio Sermon: I Shall Not Die But Live! / He want's to stop taking Paraga (local hot drink) / 2015 My Year Of Supernatural Exploits And Manifestations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.