Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

What Is Hell Like? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Hell Like? (2037 Views)

Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell / How True Is Hell Fire? / What Is Hell Like For Dead Foetuses, Stillborns And Little Children Who Die Youn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Hell Like? by damoche07(m): 5:31pm On Aug 24, 2007
If u read Luke 16;24 where the rich man cried in anguish, you will understand that hell is much more than you concieve it to be. However it might not be so if Jesus was 'lying'.But he never does.
Re: What Is Hell Like? by obanikoro2(m): 2:46pm On Aug 27, 2007
some of the replies are quite funny and sad at the same time. This is wat I believe hell is:

A place (that has been existing b4 Adam was made) where there is no God. When I say there is no God I dont mean He cant be there (remember wen it was said that "even if I make my bed in hell, U- God- will still be there). What I mean is that there will be a TOTAL separation.

I tell u, the reason why this world is still this way is becos God is still with us and His grace is still available.

But for those that will be in hell, they will be separated from God, no more grace, mercy,love and care covering them and they will be handed over to satan to torment.

I dont know if there will be fire everywhere, but I know that there will be gnashing of teeth (regrets upon regrets), lack of anything good and so on.

Dont ve enuff time,maybe later I will explain what it really means to be in hell. I have never been there and WILL NEVER BE. Amen
Re: What Is Hell Like? by Jen33(m): 6:18pm On Aug 29, 2007
Hellfire does not exist.

God does not punish people.

When you die, your soul (consciousness) returns to the spirit world from where it came.

In the spirit world there is life abundant.

Just as you do not need to 'believe in christ' to live in the physical world, you do not need to 'believe in christ' to live in the spiritual world.

Death is but a release of the soul from its physical encampment on earth to its natural freedom.

Many who have had Near Death Experiences and seen glimpses of the afterlife testify that NO CONDITION ON EARTH IS AS GOOD OR AS PLEASANT AS BEING 'DEAD'.

For more information see www.near-death.com
Re: What Is Hell Like? by Kuns: 7:38pm On Aug 30, 2007
Cgift, the story of Jesus is the plagarised life of many other people, from other cultures mixing together and given back to us as a white Jesus.

The Jesus story is in fact the Haru (who the Greeks called Horus), the name Haru as been replaced with a Greek name to give you Jesus.

Do you follow?

Check things out.
Re: What Is Hell Like? by cgift(m): 6:09pm On Aug 31, 2007
Kuns, this si not the right thread for this. We should categorise our discussions to avoid distractions mind you.
Re: What Is Hell Like? by kodewrita(m): 5:25pm On Sep 09, 2007
Are you kidding me? I am surprised this is a real post.

Anyway, since I have never been there and don't hope to go there, I feel the only descriptions we have are the ones in the scripture. Search your bible for references to Hades, Hell, Gehenna. You might hit a gold mine there.
Re: What Is Hell Like? by Backslider(m): 10:25pm On Sep 11, 2007
Please Read The Illustration of Lazarus this will help. I will come back tomorrow to enlighten on the passage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Indominoodles Christians / GRACE: Why Works? Let Us Break Bread. / Muslims With Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.