Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje (10974 Views)

2019: Attempt To Cede Kwara To The Yoruba Will Fail – Baraje / Saraki Has Been Nursing Presidential Ambition Since 2011 ― Baraje / Kawu Baraje Returns To PDP With nPDP (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:20am On Dec 01, 2021
I no blame u.
Na the mumu zombies wey dey stand under hot sun to vote for una I blame.

When people of this country stop participating in elections, u bastard government go under say something destructive is coming up.

But I trust my country people, dem go vote for criminals and come back here dey swear for the criminals dey used their hands vote for... I wonder how they also won't share from the swear.

Oloriburu politicians.

Ogun kill all of una together!

Criminal bastards!!!
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by Akanbiedu(m): 5:23am On Dec 01, 2021
TheBanker23:
Anyone here from Middle-Belt Nigeria (North Central is just a political name), will agree with me that we are one of the most marginalized and deprived groups in Nigeria. It may surprise some of you to know that we are being designated 'Northerners' for wicked political purposes. Other things you need to know:

1. We have the highest number of Ethnic Groups, with Plateau State having more than a hundred languages.

2. Majority is Christian (Probably the reason for their wicked sidelining). The wicked Ones will not agree to this

3. It is the hotspot for Jihadist, Boko Haram attacks. They want to completely conquer it and then head for Southern Nigeria.

4. As it is now, the middle-belt is the reason Northern Nigeria is still surviving (to say the least). Please don't ask me how

5. They will never allow a president to come from the middle belt, because, Kasala go burst.

The wicked will know no peace!

DROPS MIC

Who will not allow, is it not election anymore. Are they being stopped from contesting?
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:25am On Dec 01, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
How? Mumu man

How can a sane person say only a person from a certain geographical location can bring Nigeria out of coma. What is the magic he wants to perform that only people from that geographical location know?

I say cabodo rejektamenta to this man and his animalistic tribalistic idiot!C talk

Nigeria is not in coma...
It's a dead country already.

Stay blessed, bro.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by Quality20(m): 5:32am On Dec 01, 2021
So by how much has Gowon, IBB and Abdussalam rescued the country?
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by Nobody: 5:34am On Dec 01, 2021
daewoorazer:
Animal talk don start again….

RIP Fela
Honestly!
These men take Nigerians for a ride!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by mu2sa2: 5:37am On Dec 01, 2021
Engrchidera:
I pray saraki become president
Very intelligent man
And very corrupt man. Equation balanced.
He will steal intelligently.
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by Tooreda: 5:37am On Dec 01, 2021
Indeed.
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by Quality20(m): 5:39am On Dec 01, 2021
TheBanker23:
Anyone here from Middle-Belt Nigeria (North Central is just a political name), will agree with me that we are one of the most marginalized and deprived groups in Nigeria. It may surprise some of you to know that we are being designated 'Northerners' for wicked political purposes. Other things you need to know:

1. We have the highest number of Ethnic Groups, with Plateau State having more than a hundred languages.

2. Majority is Christian (Probably the reason for their wicked sidelining). The wicked Ones will not agree to this

3. It is the hotspot for Jihadist, Boko Haram attacks. They want to completely conquer it and then head for Southern Nigeria.

4. As it is now, the middle-belt is the reason Northern Nigeria is still surviving (to say the least). Please don't ask me how

5. They will never allow a president to come from the middle belt, because, Kasala go burst.

DROPS MIC
you are complaining of marginalisation, but then again that is what you and ur likes intend to do to the larger central Nigeria. Have you realised that Niger, kogi, kwara, Nassarawa, are all predominantly Muslim states and are all part of ur so-called middle belt, so how is ur so-called middle belt a predominantly a xtian region or is ur plateau and benue states more populated and larger than the other four states?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by sellers4buyers(m): 5:41am On Dec 01, 2021
Am from the North Central and I will like to point out a few points, why I think the man is right.

1. My state boarders all the other geopolitical zones in Nigeria aside NW and NE, we have interacted with alot of Nigerians that we practically know their character and what appeals to them. Myself for example, I just need to see you talk, I will mention the zone you come from and mention three states there. One will most likely be your state. You can't say that with other geopolitical zones.

2. An average NC citizen is a peace maker among other zones. Check it out in your own environment, when there's casala and a NC person is around, most likely he will be the one to settle the problem at hand. WHY? he knows what appeals to everyone. Yahaya Bello an example, when the issue of North and South blocade happened.

3. We are very outspoken, especially from where I come from. We don't see evil and keep quiet. We fight when it's necessary and keep calm when it's necessary. When we bite, we bite hard, we bite hard to avoid future occurrence. Check how our representative from the NC behaves. Smart Adeyemi, Dino Melaye, Yahaya Bello, Philip etc

4. We are very loyal. Lot's of people can testify to this. When we decide to follow you,we follow you, you will be the reason we give up.

And so much more. Look out how Saraki managed the 7th or 8th Assembly or so, with such wisdom. Senate president APC, deputy senate president PDP, haven't we proven enough that we can manage Nigeria diversity?

Am not fronting for anyone. For me, any competent person in the NC that is well travelled can unify this country. If that's most important to us at the moment. People that shouts division, division has little or no knowledge about other geo political zones. We are bless in this part of the world and we need each other to harness our potential fully. We already have the numbers, we need unity more than ever.

I believe in Nigeria
I believe we need to annex, Cameroon, Ghana, Benin Republic, Niger and even Chad to Nigeria. We need to be bigger and more diverse.

God bless Nigeria and Nigerians. Peace
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by DoctorDree(m): 5:51am On Dec 01, 2021
You mean only a thief from north central
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by J3susFr3ak: 5:51am On Dec 01, 2021
Quality20:
So by how much has Gowon, IBB and Abdussalam rescued the country?

It is hard to play "Monday morning quarterback" based on what current events dictate as to how "necessary" any of the Military interventions were at that time. But we could try... Which Military intervention amongst the three was absolutely necessary? Some would argue the first one for various reasons. IBB opened the path for full blown corruption and Abdussalam was similar--but tasked with cleaning the messy outcome of Abacha's crude adventures.

Some would argue that Gowon's intervention was the most needed amongst the three mentioned above. Amidst the unfortunate events in the mid 60s, the creation of the first 12 states provided a voice for some minorities. Unfortunately subsequent administrations took it too far to the point that non-viable territories totally dependent on the teats of central government now call themselves states. This "dependency" in turn forces the Central Government to treat the various states like petulant little children...Federal States who are now supposed to be adult and grown-up.... (I hear there were a lot of massive Infrastructural projects in Lagos at that time like the port at Tin Can, National Theater etc.,)

Without Bisala Dimka's (a very angry Plateau dude on a mission) vengeful attack which ended up killing Murtala Mohammed --there would be no Obasanjo. Obasanjo's first try and smooth hand over created the type of confidence by some "vested group" to trust him again the second time round--so we go back to Abdusallam again.

It's like the Butterfly Effect with one action tied to another one...but it's really hard to say if there would have been a worst outcome if some trails or doors were never opened.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by J3susFr3ak: 5:57am On Dec 01, 2021
Quality20:
you are complaining of marginalisation, but then again that is what you and ur likes intend to do to the larger central Nigeria. Have you realised that Niger, kogi, kwara, Nassarawa, are all predominantly Muslim states and are all part of ur so-called middle belt, so how is ur so-called middle belt a predominantly a xtian region or is ur plateau and benue states more populated and larger than the other four states?

Plateau and Benue (and the former Gongola--now Adamawa and Taraba states) has sizeable Christian minorities who championed the Middle Belt movement and pressed for a separate region and was investigated as part of the Willink Minority Commission in the 1950s. This was sabotaged along the way and it never made it to the constitution at that time.

The other Muslim states you mentioned felt more comfortable with the status quo at the time...they never pressed for a Middle Belt Region.
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by Nukilia: 5:59am On Dec 01, 2021
Engrchidera:
I pray saraki become president
Very intelligent man

grin grin Presidency should not be a compensation plan or a retirement benefit

1 Like

Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by kingthreat(m): 6:01am On Dec 01, 2021
Cazienda:
At this point in Nigeria, we can only pray for the BEST to rule the country.

Best from the South
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by Nobody: 6:02am On Dec 01, 2021
grin grin grin these Jokers have started again…. Northerners are Just going to run this country into the ground.
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by oyeb15: 6:02am On Dec 01, 2021
Leaders of North Central are slave raiders. From Saraki father to Bukola to Orton to Yaya Bello to Bello of Niger to unserious one in nasarawa and the sleepy on at Taraba.

Nothing good except IBB and TY Danjuma in North Central.
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by J3susFr3ak: 6:03am On Dec 01, 2021
kingthreat:

Best from the South

I agree with this view. Then return the favor with a real attempt at Restructuring this mess will you?
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by Dukeolumidemans(m): 6:05am On Dec 01, 2021
If u keep doing the samething, u will keep getting the same result again and again and again... something inside of me keeps telling me these guys don't really want to change. Therefore, I fear for the future of this country.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by Cantonese: 6:07am On Dec 01, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
grin grin crazy pipo everywhere. is buhari not from north central ?

happy new month yall. may this month be the month when GOD removes stagnation from our lives AMEN. . GOD is good all the time.

Buhari is from North central?
Chai. Sorry you hear.
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by HEAVEN4444: 6:09am On Dec 01, 2021
Cantonese:

Buhari is from North central?
Chai. Sorry you hear.
all north no be north ? its the same people
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by Alimot20: 6:10am On Dec 01, 2021
adenigga:

https://dailypost.ng/2023-Only-a-president-from-the-North-Central-can-rescue-Nigeria-Baraje
Agba osi . you still want to sell useless candidate to us again fool .
Make una come nd do data for me ho

1 Like

Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by J3susFr3ak: 6:11am On Dec 01, 2021
HEAVEN4444:

These are the types of over-generalizations that could piss off a South Korean when you refer to him as Chinese?

Do Hausa people bear the name Kim Chong Gyang?

But a major tribe in Plateau does!
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by Nobody: 6:12am On Dec 01, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
grin grin crazy pipo everywhere. is buhari not from north central ?

happy new month yall. may this month be the month when GOD removes stagnation from our lives AMEN. . GOD is good all the time.
Your name is heaven and you possess no wisdom like heaven. All of you are just constituting nuisance on NL.

You are in Nigeria, you are regular on NL, you always use it, you always participate in politics like you know it you always make comments, but the fundamental issue which is the root problem of who becomes the next president, you dont know. What a pity? This is why I said most of you sre political e-thugs because you are all illiterates.

Imagine he wrote Buhari is from North Central. What a pity? Eeee ya! Chai! Many ignorant people plenty for this country ooook. Kai!

You better sit tight and learn well so politicians will not continue using you. Your post shows you are a complete dundie United. Very annoying. You dont k ow the region your president is from? You are very annoying. Honestly. How can you even understand what is going on in your country if you don't know the region your president is from. You be dundie United. Bingo. People like you are the reason we are backward. And you will be pointing to the northerners. Upon all the book you read, you still dont k ow the region your president is from. You need to shut up.

Heaven is not as stupid as you are. Confirmed. You better cry to heaven to save you from this magnifying ignorancy you are swimming comfortably in. Rubbish!
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by Cantonese: 6:13am On Dec 01, 2021
TheBanker23:

DROPS MIC

Before you drop that mic, let me remind you that Gowon and IBB were from the north central, i.e. Plateau and Niger states respectively.

Again you have always been northerners. Do you want to claim to come from the SE, SS or SW?

Going by their recklessness, greed and unimaginable looting as military rulers, is there any hope that someone from the same north central will preside without such tendencies?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by Cantonese: 6:18am On Dec 01, 2021
HEAVEN4444:

Just imagine the kind on people we find in this NL forum.

Is it that you refused to go to school or your school fees were not paid. Or more still shepe is already in your blood at this time?
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by middlebelter(m): 6:18am On Dec 01, 2021
I am from.the Middlebelt but honestly, I disagree with you. You are wrong.

Firstly, Middlebelt is a creation of Military under Abacha to be specific. Nigeria was created on a tripod. North, West and East. So Geo-political zones are not recognised in our constitution.
Secondly, the xone youbare refferong to has been a integral part of the North and has probably enjoyed more power than many other zones in this country. IBB & Abfusalami Abubakar are from Niger state and a major component of Northern Central or Middle Belt.
What do you want SE and NE to say? The North trying all means possible to retain power in 2023? Isn't it fraudulent? If we really desire justice on power sharing, first let's there be restructuring and true fiscal federalism thereafter the struggle to go a d loot money at the centre will fizzle away. All the rubbish GMB and his teams are doing will stop. Stealing, and making people poorer and justifying it flagrantly?

The likes of Yahaya Bello that couldn't run a state well want to ho a f destroy the centre.
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by cuteralph101(m): 6:20am On Dec 01, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

Forget all these their pretense!

The North already have a candidate with Buhari's like mind they want to foster on Nigerians!

They simply want to use Saraki to cause distraction and bring division in PDP while they continue to work on their plan underground!

I pity the people falling for this their games!
Saraki is to me a better option...Northerners won't vote for Atiku they will prefer Tinubu, They won't vote for Peter Obi or Nyesom Wike. The issue here is between North and South. Cos of how Nigeria is structured Northerners decide. Since 1999 Pres South VP North and vice versa.
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by Leverage2021: 6:21am On Dec 01, 2021
oladipuposadeeq:
Fool!!!!!!!!!from the north again. They wan kuma finish the country patapata wink
yoruba muslim

Yes north again, nobody asked you Yoruba Muslims to bring buhari
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by J3susFr3ak: 6:22am On Dec 01, 2021
Cantonese:

Before you drop that mic, let me remind you that Gowon and IBB were from the north central, i.e. Plateau and Niger states respectively.

Going by their recklessness, greed and unimaginable looting as military rulers, is there any hope that someone from the same north central will preside without such tendencies?

I am not defending any of these guys but I would say North Central was a much later designation....bearing no resemblance with the original Middle Belt at all. But I really doubt Gowon or IBB's core ideology at the moment is the same. I think Gowon wants to be like this aloof Jimmy Carter like figure praying for the nation...but I don't know if he understands that there is a sharp disconnect between his quite noble idealism in contrast with the raw crudeness that exists in the streets. IBB the dubious Maradona could be more in touch with that crudeness (as seen in the way he allegedly eliminated foes).

My point? It is not a so called "zone" painted with one broad ideology the way you will find in the core North, SW and SE.
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by skywalker240(m): 6:23am On Dec 01, 2021
francis5051:
From what I have seen so far in this country...northerners are behind our backwardness, these people lack developing skills.. they don’t rule to grow they rule to dominate that’s there problem.. they are always having this mindset that they are in serious competition with Ibos.. so for me the only way to move this place forward is to separate Nigeria can Neva move forward together I think Is time we start telling our selfs the truth
You couldn't have said it any better
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by sulaak(m): 6:24am On Dec 01, 2021
TheBanker23:

DROPS MIC

North Central is too disorganised, weak and backward to produce a national leader, your leaders can't even protect their people from North and Southern immigratopn
Re: 2023: Only A President From The North Central Can Rescue Nigeria – Baraje by J3susFr3ak: 6:26am On Dec 01, 2021
sulaak:

North Central is too disorganised, weak and backward to produce a national leader, your leaders can't even protect their people from North and Southern immigratopn

Dude...I prefer a Southern migration to the NC much more than any of the nonsense from the Northern borders aided by your arewa kin.

Enjoy your state power while you can...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oyebanji Thanks Ekiti People For Peaceful Conduct, APC Victory / Tinubu Appoints Barikor, Amgbare As Heads Of NESREA, NDRBDA / The Difference Between Bola Tinubu And Tunde Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.