Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:49 AM

Importance Of Communication In A Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Importance Of Communication In A Relationship (847 Views)

Importance Of Communication In A Relationship / Nonverbal Communication In Relationships / My Poor Communication In English Language Is Threatening To Kill My Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importance Of Communication In A Relationship by Eforce1: 1:51pm On Jun 10, 2011
Hello dear friends,
I and my collegue were discussing some time last month and then he confided in me, telling me about his marital challenge. My collegue is a business man, he resumes work 8am and gets off at 4pm. His wife is a banker with one of the new generation banks. She resumes work as early as 6am and gets off 6pm and on occassion extra hrs.

In summary, their challenge were enormous, most of which were based on domestic duties and feminine/masculine responsibilities. These challenges resulted in several problems and in some cases, domestic violence. My friend confided in me and i figured he wanted a change in situation, i wasn't going to just be a listener, i thought i should be my brother's keeper and moreso, his success is my success and his joy is definately mine as well.

I was a victim of a broken home, raised under a single parent. I witnessed a lot of abuse(to rap it up!). I have a lot of experience, i saw alot of discrimination against women relationship wise. I wanted a stop to the circumstances faced by my collegue.

We talked at lenght, only to find out their relationship lacked good and effective communication. I gave a rough lecture, gave my collegue an assignment to perform when he get's home. We tried this for 2-3 weeks and belive me, they now live like they just met yesterday. They now know the importance of communication to understanding each other, respect, time management, responsibility to duty in a relationship.

I am glad for this reason, and i would like to take advantage of this post to invite Nairaland's positive contributors to shed more light to the topic 'Importance of communication in a relationship' and save more relationships.

Thank you.
Chris
080 51 595 336
Re: Importance Of Communication In A Relationship by Dyt(f): 2:04pm On Jun 10, 2011
Yh comm s d key
Re: Importance Of Communication In A Relationship by MrCork17: 5:22pm On Jun 10, 2011
E_force:

Hello dear friends,
  I and my collegue were discussing some time last month and then he confided in me, telling me about his marital challenge. My collegue is a business man, he resumes work 8am and gets off at 4pm. His wife is a banker with one of the new generation banks. She resumes work as early as 6am and gets off 6pm and on occassion extra hrs.

In summary, their challenge were enormous, most of which were based on domestic duties and feminine/masculine responsibilities. These challenges resulted in several problems and in some cases, domestic violence. My friend confided in me and i figured he wanted a change in situation, i wasn't going to just be a listener, i thought i should be my brother's keeper and moreso, his success is my success and his joy is definately mine as well.

I was a victim of a broken home, raised under a single parent. I witnessed a lot of abuse(to rap it up!). I have a lot of experience, i saw alot of discrimination against women relationship wise. I wanted a stop to the circumstances faced by my collegue.

We talked at lenght, only to find out their relationship lacked good and effective communication. I gave a rough lecture, gave my collegue an assignment to perform when he get's home. We tried this for 2-3 weeks and belive me, they now live like they just met yesterday. They now know the importance of communication to understanding each other, respect, time management, responsibility to duty in a relationship.

I am glad for this reason, and i would like to take advantage of this post to invite Nairaland's positive contributors to shed more light to the topic 'Importance of communication in a relationship' and save more relationships.

Thank you.
Chris
080 51 595 336

bro so did you get puuuny or not? undecided
Re: Importance Of Communication In A Relationship by MMM2(m): 6:28pm On Jun 10, 2011
Womanliness

(1) (Reply)

Why Would You Ditch a Spouse On The Alter? / Unbearable Loneliness / Is It A Lack Of Respect Or A Matter Of Pride?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.